• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
R1326_COV_GoTW.jpg

Maisie Williams and Sophie Turner on their unbreakable sisterhood, surreal teenage years, and the most anticipated finale ever

sample paragraph
Winter is here, both in Westeros and in this gentrifying East London neighborhood, where the season takes the form of gray skies leaking icy rain rather than a continent-spanning snowstorm that could last a generation. At 9 a.m. sharp, a groggy but cheerful Maisie Williams, straight off a plane from a Fashion Week trip to Paris, steps into a gourmet-vegetarian coffee shop right by her flat. She's thoroughly burrowed into a cozy black turtleneck sweater over leather pants and leopard-print Coach boots. She's toting a Coach bag festooned with cartoon characters, including a cute squirrel carrying a hammer — slightly sinister, she admits. (She used to have a Coach endorsement deal, which came with a free shopping spree.) "I feel hella rough," she says. "But I look chic, so . . . "

https://www.rollingstone.com/movies...r-story-maisie-williams-sophie-turner-812203/

WaffleTaco

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I love them so much. I hope they have wonderful careers ahead of them. Especially after both their X-Men films flop.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
No matter what, Maisie Williams will always look like a child to me

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Ohh, I didn't know Sophie Turner had a Game of Thrones tattoo. Nice.

She also had an X-Men tattoo. Not so nice.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I shouldn't have laughed, but I did.

Maisie for sure can act well when she has a good script. Problem she keeps choosing shit roles.

Sophie...er, keep reaching for that rainbow!

Most of the actors who became known for GoT have not had great careers so far. Then again most of them aren't very good actors and aren't picking good films.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
In Maisie's case, New Mutants is almost assuredly not getting a theatrical release, saving her career a lot of grief.

Orin_linwe

Nov 26, 2017
Malmoe, Sweden.
Yeah you totally look like sisters in that article. So much sisterhood.

Females are frequently posed as lovers when photographed in pairs for magazine covers. It's existed as far back as the 90's (that I can remember), and it's just one those oddly regressive things that just remains a "thing" to this day. There's no doubt solid sales-numbers that shows that it works for magazines that are sold single-issue on magazine-racks.

I remember the actors from the swedish gay-movie "Show me Love" talking about how weird it was that they had to be photographed like they were a real couple (in real life) when doing press back in the 90's (even when the piece wasn't specifically about the movie). It's an observation that stuck with me ever since, and now I see it everywhere.

I like the pink hair. Makes for a nice contrast with the strawberry blonde and cream/egg-shell white clothing.

Last edited:

Deleted member 9237

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I shouldn't have laughed, but I did.

Maisie for sure can act well when she has a good script. Problem she keeps choosing shit roles.

Sophie...er, keep reaching for that rainbow!

Maisie comes across to me as not having a lot of range. She does the angry, vengeful Arya well, but the other sides of the character, not so much IMO. A lot of HBO casting is like that, they find people perfect for the role who might not work that well in many other roles

Galkinator

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
Most of the actors who became known for GoT have not had great careers so far. Then again most of them aren't very good actors and aren't picking good films.
Yup, the best actors in GoT are not those of the most popular characters. Not surprised if their careers won't sky rocket post-GoT, they were just in the right place at the right time.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
User Banned (3 Days): Inappropriate commentary over a series of posts
Time to spam Mophie:

[MOD EDIT - Removed inappropriate imagery]

DEZmdv8XUAEYKD1.jpg

Sophie-Turner-and-Maisie-Williams-1093826.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
Maisie Williams and Sophie Turner are grown women now and can do whatever they want, but this sexy bffs thing is at least among their favorite things to do on camera. You can find lots of videos of them on social media with this same act.

They do reportedly have boyfriends, however.

Lunar Wolf

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Los Angeles
Maisie Williams and Sophie Turner are grown women now and can do whatever they want, but this sexy bffs thing is at least among their favorite things to do on camera. You can find lots of videos of them on social media with this same act.

They do reportedly have boyfriends, however.

Yep.

Rolling Stone is probably taking suggestions from them tbh when they put this up:

mo1zzxf92jo21.jpg

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Interested to see if Sophie Turner actually has much of a career after GoT. I've always thought she was the weakest acting link in the ensemble and she was awful in X-Men: Apocalpyse.