• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

gully state

Oct 27, 2017
People are angry at a specific group of jack asses harassing other people of Asian descent. How does they get translated to racism?

Because anti- Asian sentiment has lead to violent hate crimes against the Asian diaspora before.

Fuck these fuerdai and their nationalist sentiment but I don't trust the population at large...this shit really is ripe for anti-Asian hate crimes.

Hierophant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
If someone is going around harassing political Taiwanese and HKers in the name of the motherland, then they're an asshole I don't want to associate with regardless of their citizenship status, and I hope they're arrested for whatever crimes they're committing against others.

Does that sound better to you?
Well yeah of course. You're not outright saying to revoke the citizenships and deport Chinese people who support the mainland.

Pata Hikari

Banned
Jan 15, 2018
User banned (1 week): hostility and inflammatory accusation against other posters over multiple posts in the thread
Well yeah of course. You're not outright saying to revoke the citizenships and deport Chinese people who support the mainland.
Again a thing nobody ever actually said but you have to lie about to spread your narrative to defend the PRC

Hierophant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
Because PRC defenders desperately want to deflect.
How am I defending the PRC? Answer me. Please. I am begging you. Please explain why my concern over the increasing Anti-Chinese rhetoric which could potentially (and already has) lead to violence among my friends and community is any defense of the PRC, give me a single line, anything.

Hierophant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
User Warned: Hostility
Again a thing nobody ever actually said but you have to lie about to spread your narrative to defend the PRC
God I was fucking born in Australia you dipshit holy fucking shit
This is the exact kind of shit that makes me scared for the future, the outright dismissal
My dad grew up getting beaten at school quite regularly for being Chinese/Vietnamese and now I just have to let the same kind of shit he took happen to me?
Otherwise I defend the PRC?
Go fuck yourself you racist piece of shit.

PKthndr

Oct 25, 2017
I saw one of those walls at UBC this week with a bunch of sticky notes saying to stand with the Hong Kong protesters. Then some people put printer paper over it saying something about how the protestors are destroying Hong Kong or something. People just put more sticky notes overtop of the printer paper to hide it, or took the papers down.

Pata Hikari

Banned
Jan 15, 2018
How am I defending the PRC? Answer me. Please. I am begging you. Please explain why my concern over the increasing Anti-Chinese rhetoric which could potentially (and already has) lead to violence among my friends and community is any defense of the PRC, give me a single line, anything.
Because it's not "anti-Chinese" its "anti-spoiled brats here on a student Visa harassing supporters of an oppressed group"

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Btw, FYI, the Canadian government/law enforcement do NOT revoke temporary visas without serious offence and they most definitely do NOT deport naturalized citizens (post citizenship revocation) without the most egregious and in exceptional circumstances. There are far reaching geopolitical ramifications to pulling the trigger on such actions, esp. with CCP throwing around their weight in many western countries in an effort to control perception and Canada's economic relationship with the 800lb elephant.

That said, our law enforcement should everything within its power to deter mainland china's fuckery including probationary actions against vandalism. Above everything else, data pro-CCP propaganda and propagandists should most definitely be collated and cataloged by our intelligence community.

OP
OP

Deleted member 8901

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Fuck off with this disgusting projection. I am no PRC supporter. I am a Taiwanese-Canadian man from Richmond who has experienced the very same kind of racism this thread is exposing. What the fuck are you?

And I'm a Chinese-Canadian whose parents are from Guangdong and have seen my largely HK friends be harassed more by mainlanders than they have ever been by white people.

Hierophant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
And I'm a Chinese-Canadian whose parents are from Guangdong and have seen my largely HK friends be harassed more by mainlanders than they have ever been by white people.
And my mainlander and HK friends are all chill together.
Maybe its a Canadian difference but as an Asian you encounter alot of racism from whites here, it's very expected.

Hierophant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
Because it's not "anti-Chinese" its "anti-spoiled brats here on a student Visa harassing supporters of an oppressed group"
You're literally telling a Chinese person how this constant deportation rhetoric isn't Anti-Chinese
Who the fuck are you to be telling me this?
I've literally experienced the direct aftermath of this kind of rhetoric (a number of the Racist harrassment incidents I encountered involved them saying they're going to revoke my visa and deport me) and you're just saying its a student visa issue like fuck off you don't know shit

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, but in this case this is on the people, not the government. There are plenty of things that the US government wants me to think about believe. That doesn't mean that I do, nor does it mean I go out in another country and harass people on its behalf.
It's not really comparable because the US has freedom of speech/freedom of the press, so if you are American you can easily find out that your government is full of shit. Plus we have a two party system in which whatever side is not in power will criticize the fuck out of whatever side is in power (even if it is made up bullshit) so distrust of government is allowed and even encouraged.

Meanwhile in mainland China the education system brainwashed citizens into loving the government/party from an extremely young age, there is no freedom of speech/press which means all dissent is quickly stamped out, and there is no opposition giving an opposing viewpoint.

I fucking hate the Chinese government but acting as if Chinese international students should immediately know better just because they've spent a year or two in a western country is foolish and naive. You are ignoring reality with this comparison.

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Btw, FYI, the Canadian government/law enforcement do NOT revoke temporary visas without serious offence and they most definitely do NOT deport naturalized citizens (post citizenship revocation) without the most egregious and in exceptional circumstances. There are far reaching geopolitical ramifications to pulling the trigger on such actions, esp. with CCP throwing around their weight in many western countries in an effort to control perception and Canada's economic relationship with the 800lb elephant.

That said, our law enforcement should everything within its power to deter mainland china's fuckery including probationary actions against vandalism. Above everything else, data pro-CCP propaganda and propagandists should most definitely be collated and cataloged by our intelligence community.
Ah yes, the cataloging and increased surveillance of ethnic groups, such a great idea that has never turned out poorly in the modern day, nope no sir.

Take it from an American who's government has had a long history of cataloging and surveilling ethnic minorities and using that information to oppress people: you don't actually want this if you purport to be any kind of progressive. This is what the US government has done to black identity/community groups, to muslims and middle eastern people, to Central and South American people. All that ends up coming from this is the violation of people's rights and an increase in bigotry from the white populace. Advocating for mass surveillance of an ethnic group like you are doing right now is just...gross.

GungHo

Nov 27, 2017
What's the Lennon Wall?
The original Lennon Wall was a "group graffiti" in Prague. It started after the assassination of John Lennon (hence the name) and grew from there. It was originally a portrait of Lennon, and people started adding lyrics from his songs and other messages. It pissed off the local authorities and the politically conservative community, but there was little they could do about it because it was a socialized piece of art. They'd paint it over and people kept coming back. The Hong Kongese exported the concept in 2014, but they use post-its or other adhesives to post the messages.

Hierophant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
Just to share my own experience: the racism from white people is mostly the more insidious kind, the kind that lurks beneath masked politeness and seemingly innocent assumptions. It's being a stranger in the country you grew up in. I wouldn't wish that on anyone, even if I find their actions abhorrent.
The more and more this kind of deportation rhetoric happens, the worse that kind of stranger feeling will get, trust me. It's already pretty bad in certain areas here (I would get crap thrown at me from cars while walking with a white girl) but with the added people yelling to me about my non-existent visa? I don't want to be pogrommed in ten years but we're rapidly going down the dehumanisation route.

nampad

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So disgusting. They don't deserve to live in a country where they can enjoy freedom if they support oppression.

TouchOfGray

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So how do you prevent a yellow scare from happening in a small country like Canada where China has a huge amount of financial pull with our universities and politicians, floods the country with Fentanyl and keeps bullying us on the world stage?

I'm fucking scared of China. And we all know what fear leads to.

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The more and more this kind of deportation rhetoric happens, the worse that kind of stranger feeling will get, trust me. It's already pretty bad in certain areas here (I would get crap thrown at me from cars while walking with a white girl) but with the added people yelling to me about my non-existent visa? I don't want to be pogrommed in ten years but we're rapidly going down the dehumanisation route.
I honestly can't believe people here are engaging in deportation rhetoric...like we all have a great example of what the end result of that looks like with the current administration here in the US. And people say this forum is progressive...

Hierophant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
So how do you prevent a yellow scare from happening in a small country like Canada where China has a huge amount of financial pull with our universities and politicians, floods the country with Fentanyl and keeps bullying us on the world stage?

Well at least you're honest about how Chinese people are going to be killed on the basis of their ethnicity in mass pogroms, thats a step better than most of the people in this thread.

Oct 31, 2017
Unknown

You're being outrageous. Are you Canadian?

ibyea

Oct 25, 2017
Could have been a good thread about mainland Chinese nationalist assholes, but no, people have to engage in xenophobic yellow peril rhetoric. What the hell guys.

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Ah yes, the cataloging and increased surveillance of ethnic groups, such a great idea that has never turned out poorly in the modern day, nope no sir.

Take it from an American who's government has had a long history of cataloging and surveilling ethnic minorities and using that information to oppress people: you don't actually want this if you purport to be any kind of progressive. This is what the US government has done to black identity/community groups, to muslims and middle eastern people, to Central and South American people. All that ends up coming from this is the violation of people's rights and an increase in bigotry from the white populace. Advocating for mass surveillance of an ethnic group like you are doing right now is just...gross.

Never in my post did I ever once mentioned going after ethnically Chinese population. Regardless of what one's background is ethnically, movements that seek to undermine our democracy, put undue influence on a system of governance that welcomes all to detrimentally affect it, disseminate misinformation that prejudice the oppressed, should not be tolerated.

You can handwave whatever you want from that armchair of yours claiming 'bigotry' but failing to stem the tide of ultra nationalistic movements has far reaching consequences. From Universities being afraid to offend CCP in Canada to muzzling of news outlets in NZ and Aus, - these are real world ramifications of trying to maintain the silent status quo with an autocratic bully.

Dongs Macabre

Oct 26, 2017
Well at least you're honest about how Chinese people are going to be killed on the basis of their ethnicity in mass pogroms, thats a step better than most of the people in this thread.

Both of these posts are way over the top. We're not at any risk of being rounded up en masse here in Canada.

All I ask for is to recognize all evils, whether it's the heinous acts towards HK-supporting protestors on the part of mainland supporters or the xenophobic language being used to dismiss the problem as solely foreign rather than lying in many of our own citizens.

Hierophant

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sydney
I'm not the one who brought up yellow scare.
I give up.
Obviously seeing shit like "Deport all the CCP supporters" and having racist shit thrown at me over and over isn't supposed to scare me one bit I suppose, it's only directed against the bad Chinese, not the good kinds, yeah!!!
Can't wait until they find out my grandfather supported the Mainland in the 80s and deport me too! Yippee!
Or is there some foolproof way of finding out who supports the mainland and who doesn't? Honestly tell me please.
Both of these posts are way over the top. We're not at any risk of being rounded up en masse here in Canada.

All I ask for is to recognize all evils, whether it's the heinous acts towards HK-supporting protestors on the part of mainland supporters or the xenophobic language being used to dismiss the problem as solely foreign rather than lying in many of our own citizens.
You know this kind of rhetoric leads to it though, the racism has gotten so much worse than when I was a kid, and it is already getting exceedingly uncomfortable to go around certain areas of Sydney City. And as China continues to get more powerful and gain more influence, it will only get worse, I may be a touch paranoid but I don't want to have anything near what my father experienced growing up.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
As relieving as stomping the shit out of a corrupt ideology would be, BE VERY CAREFUL about what you're asking for when it comes to deporting people of ideology or ethnicity. That's absolutely not a precedent you want to start in any country, especially with certain morons just looming in the corner of Canada. If they're found of crimes, I'd imagine the sentiment would and should be different.

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Never in my post did I ever once mentioned going after ethnically Chinese population. Regardless of what one's background is ethnically, movements that seek to undermine our democracy, put undue influence on a system of governance that welcomes all to detrimentally affect it, disseminate misinformation that prejudice the oppressed, should not be tolerated.

You can handwave whatever you want from that armchair of yours claiming 'bigotry' but failing to stem the tide of ultra nationalistic movements has far reaching consequences. From Universities being afraid to offend CCP in Canada to muzzling of news outlets in NZ and Aus, - these are real world ramifications of trying to maintain the silent status quo with an autocratic bully.
You do realize that you are engaging in the same rhetoric that was used to justify the mass surveillance of muslims/middle eastern people in the US, right? When that began, it was "oh, we are only going to go after the bad, extremist muslims". Now look at how that has turned out. You think the same thing can't happen to Chinese people?

Of course nationalism is a plague, and of course China's global influence is a problem when it uses that influence to stamp out criticism for its human rights abuses and genocide. You can recognize that and be against that without calling for the mass deportation and mass surveillance of Chinese people.

You are ignoring the decades of brainwashing foreign students have recieved in the mainland. You are ignoring the fact that the mainland still monitors their behavior and has Chinese students snitch on each other to the government.

Fuck China's government. It's one of the worst forces at work in the world right now. But you can't use that as a smokescreen from your bigotry.

Oct 31, 2017
Unknown
As relieving as stomping the shit out of a corrupt ideology would be, BE VERY CAREFUL about what you're asking for when it comes to deporting people of ideology or ethnicity. That's absolutely not a precedent you want to start in any country, especially with certain morons just looming in the corner of Canada. If they're found of crimes, I'd imagine the sentiment would and should be different.
For sure. I saw a lot of people with Canada flags in the video at that church. Everyone is jumbled to fuck.

Oct 27, 2017
Just jostle them a bit, and put them in baby booking for a night. Sure, the chinese ambassador would blow his top, but fuck him and his masters.

nekkid

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why would these people be pro-deportation?

Or are they just seeing demonstrators = anti-PRC and getting mad?

Deleted member 8861

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Openly supporting the CCP must not be condoned.

Of course actually taking action against it requires a high bar to clear, but if I see a bunch of students protesting against a pro-HK demonstration while waving a CCP flag in the middle of the U of T campus (as I saw just last week) I'm not exactly going to weep if they catch flak for it. (For people determined to be international students, that could include consequences about residence, for all I care.)

I'm saying this as a Turkish international student in Canada. (Someone mentioned the Turks in Germany- I don't feel bad for all the Erdoğan stans there. Obviously racism is fucked, but if you ask me nobody who actively promotes fascism has the right to cry foul about being distrusted for it.)

Concelhaut

Banned
Jun 10, 2019
The original Lennon Wall was a "group graffiti" in Prague. It started after the assassination of John Lennon (hence the name) and grew from there. It was originally a portrait of Lennon, and people started adding lyrics from his songs and other messages. It pissed off the local authorities and the politically conservative community, but there was little they could do about it because it was a socialized piece of art. They'd paint it over and people kept coming back. The Hong Kongese exported the concept in 2014, but they use post-its or other adhesives to post the messages.
Thx :D

브라이언

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
God am I in a fucking Trump forum now? This kind of rhetoric ensures I will be getting murdered/bashed on the street for the crime of being Chinese in the near future I guess.
Harrassment already happens quite regularly to some of my international friends and regular Aussie Asians, I've been called a CCP spy even with my thick Australian accent and physically threatened by drunk cunts who are mad at Chinese people for the crime of existing I guess?
Eye what? They're literally harassing students of HK descent. As an Australian Born Vietnamese-Chinese, I'm pretty sure I'm well educated in who should be kicked out and who shouldn't. They shouldn't be using their freedom to protest (a democratic value) against democracy in Hong Kong. If you were Australian you should've heard the news of people being harassed, security getting threatened of CCP action in QLD. Should these people still have the right to live in Australia considering what they're doing is illegal. Heck I got spat on trying to walk through State Library to get bubble tea as they assumed I was pro HK.