• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

whiteninja

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
There's this recent sitcom about a guy who needs a kidney transplant and the female costar is the most irritating person on a show Ive seen in while.

BKatastrophe

Oct 28, 2017
You know, that line where she says she likes her men light skin really rubbed me the wrong way. Much more than it probably should have.
Yeah I always felt like she was supposed to be an "edgy" type of character. Like she's supposed to be a problematic mess of a human being who grows and learns. Like when she tries to connect more to her family's roots and culture for her kid. And the early seasons work on that. But then the last couple fuck it right up.

Radiophonic

Oct 25, 2017
I watched a couple episodes of Family Ties on Pluto Tv as I hadn't seen it since the 80s. All the characters are irritating, but Alex P Keaton, the young Reagan worshipper/aspiring yuppie greedhead is pretty awful. I had to nope out when the mother sang "Blowin' in the Wind" though. And it was supposedly Reagan's favorite show, so how could it be anything but awful.

MrZaha

Jan 9, 2018

Curtis holt mr terrific on arrow

Hes a side kick of a side kick. I guess he was supposed to be comic relief or something but he was always super annoying. Olympic level athlete who cant fight to save his life. Genius level intellect hes was able to make a device that can make a paraplegic walk again but is basically an office worker. No self respect, he gets his genius tech stolen and decides to work under the very peolple that stole it. He should be another ray palmer or harry wells but hes just a super genius who decides to work under people who are much dumber than him. I was excited when i heard mr terrific was gonna be on arrow but i didnt expect this subservient annoying dude.

Bigg

Oct 25, 2017
Does Bloo from Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends count

Because he is an insufferable asshole that hindered my enjoyment of an otherwise charming show

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
iu

Technically not the main character, but King Harrow (from The Dragon Prince) is an example of a king who's said to be wise and just, but many of his actions within the series simply don't align with this. On top of letting tens of thousands of his subjects to starve (simply so tens of thousands from a neighbouring kingdom might get the chance to live with his kingdom's provisions), his own death in retribution for the Dragon King's passing is the responsible path to his questionable actions... except it really isn't. His only direct heir is a young child (Harrow has an older son that's not related by blood/adopted and his wife sacrificed her life to save his stubborn ass for a past decision), and feudal countries ruled by children usually get invaded by neighbouring kingdoms or sink into civil war as various noble factions try to gain influence over the boy king.

As such, Harrow put both his people and his sons in dire danger just so he could save his own self-respect. And Viren had a point regarding the hypocrisy of trying to stave off the inevitable by putting 200 guards as a squadron of meat shields between himself and the assassins, as compared to sacrificing just one volunteer who would act as a decoy.

I get this series is supposed to have morally grey characters who perform questionable actions "as the right thing to do", but this dude comes across as a hypocrite the majority of the time when he puts his honour before reason. To the best of my knowledge, no one ever calls out Harrow (except for Viren) for these irrational actions and the main characters look back on him with fondness, which doesn't seem wholly deserved given the circumstances that lead to the events of the series. I want to like him, but the show doesn't give me a justifiable reason to.

Cup O' Tea?

Nov 2, 2017
Gertrude Moon (Daphne's mothers) from Frasier has no redeeming qualities whatsoever. Just a totally unlikeable pain in the ass.

tumblr_oj7ofmGZAo1ufo0f7o5_500.png

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
The son from the V reboot. He was the worst. I was actually excited and hoping for another season when he was killed off at the end of the second season.

OP
OP
DragonSJG

DragonSJG

Banned
Mar 4, 2019

Hes a side kick of a side kick. I guess he was supposed to be comic relief or something but he was always super annoying. Olympic level athlete who cant fight to save his life. Genius level intellect hes was able to make a device that can make a paraplegic walk again but is basically an office worker. No self respect, he gets his genius tech stolen and decides to work under the very peolple that stole it. He should be another ray palmer or harry wells but hes just a super genius who decides to work under people who are much dumber than him. I was excited when i heard mr terrific was gonna be on arrow but i didnt expect this subservient annoying dude.

holy shit yes

Ayirek

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah it's really hard going back to Scrubs or How I Met Your Mother when Ted Mosby and JD are emotionally abusive shitbags.

sven

Oct 31, 2017
Jesse Pinkman - He was basically Ziggy from the Wire except he's always there.

Altazor

Oct 25, 2017
Chile
Even though it's an ensemble show, there are times in LOST where I could barely stand Jack and Kate. I was really tired of them as a couple by the end (pretty much preferred every other couple in the show to them, except for Nikki/Paulo and... I dunno, Sayid/Shannon?)

PhoenixAKG

Aug 14, 2019

How can you post an Arrowverse character but not let it be her:

latest

Punchline

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
thumb-1920-883693.png

Star and Marco are insufferably selfish characters who do not think about anything but themselves, show barely does anything to critique this. Season 4 almost seems to make a point out of how awful they are for each other but gets confused along the way.

Oct 25, 2017
This.

I remember that arc where she had jury duty since Zoey Deschanel must have had something else to film or a some other commitment. During the middle of those like 15 episodes, I literally had the thought, "Wow, the show's been really funny for a while! I wonder why" and then immediately remembered that Jess was absent.

Her jokes (as well as Winston's) just aren't funny a lot of the time. I watched the show for the other characters.

She was pregnant, but yeah the show did just fine without her. Also, Megan Fox was great as a replacement.

But not liking Winnie the Bish is your true heresy.

Oct 30, 2017
i forget his name, but the guy without powers in the boys.

what is his purpose? if he's meant to be a cipher for the audience then the writers must think everyone watching hates themselves.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
Michael from Star Trek Discovery is the worst thing about the show (and I am not a Discovery hater at all, I love the show).

MrZaha

Jan 9, 2018
i forget his name, but the guy without powers in the boys.

what is his purpose? if he's meant to be a cipher for the audience then the writers must think everyone watching hates themselves.
None of the boys besides the female has powers but i assume you mean houghie?

anamika

May 18, 2018
latest

597f2689f8d1e627008b470d

Characters who did absolutely nothing over 8 seasons and still won at the end because of bad writing.

Oct 27, 2017
Phoebe from Friends.
They overplayed her quirkiness. She often does the 'I believe in this crazy thing and if you're my friend you will also believe in it' thing

zaxil456

Aug 4, 2020
Most of the late 2000's/early 2010's Disney shows had unlikable protagonists but Hannah Montana takes the cake. Always hated Miley (in the show lol).

In retrospect, most of their protagonists just came across as privileged white people.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Gaius Baltar in BSG. I dropped the show because he and his dumbshit gimmick was so annoying.

CrazyDude

Oct 25, 2017
I dropped AoT in the second season, but man I got so excited thinking Eren was a "fake main character" and the real MC was Armin when he "dies" before titan transformation gets unveiled.
Considering he is committing genocide against the whole outside and his friends are trying to save the world by stopping him, you were not wrong in a way.

Oct 28, 2017
Will in The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air.

I loved every single thing about that show as a kid other than Will Smith. That man has always rubbed me up the wrong way and I've never been able to quite put my finger on why.

Grapezard

Nov 16, 2017
656873993.png

I can sympathize with characters that aren't paragons of goodness, but Michael from Suits is too dickish and manipulative for me to like him.

devilhawk

Oct 27, 2017
I won't disagree with anyone saying Friends characters, but I think it's more specific to the Flanderized nutbags they all became and less so the actual humans they started out as.

But HIMYM's Ted is the answer.

pbayne

Oct 27, 2017
Shinn Asuka
images

There's a reason the show switches to Kira as the protagonist for the second half and that the movie version made Athrun the protagonist of the first half.

I only watched 10 episodes or so of destiny but he is insufferable.
Its hilarious how hard he and the show in general ethers Cagalli though.

Oct 28, 2017
Denmark
I'm watching The Blacklist for the first time, and I absolutely loathe the character of Elizabeth Keen.
Reddington saves Liz' life by almost sacrificing his own, but then some rando tells her Red is lying to her and she loses her shit and denounces him.
Rinse and repeat every other episode, and you get real tired.