• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

dgamemaster

Jun 29, 2020
WOW THEY REALLY ARE GONNA GO HAM RIGHT?

He doesn't scream Joel, but if this is the level of casting we are going for, my excitement for this increased by a lot.

Scrobbles

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

He'd be a great choice

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
wow, the crowd that dragged TLOU2 will have a field day with this one.

Someone check the other forum. The servers must be down over there after this.

Bulby

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Berlin
Would bet that its not actually Joel and the series wouldnt particularly follow the events of the game.

I havnt read a single thing about the development of this so maybe Im alread wrong.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
tenor.gif

Cool, he's gonna nail it.
Internet is gonna lose it though. Remember Fan4stic?
I for one can't wait for /thelastofus2's takes.

JaseMath

Oct 27, 2017
Denver, CO
At first, I was like, "Wait—what? Dude looks nothing like Joel..."

But then, I really didn't identify with Joel or connect with the story because of the way Joel looked. So, in the end, I'm stoked; Ali is a fantastic actor. I just hope the script allows the story to shine and the world feels true to TLoU, unlike some other recent post-apocalypse shows (*cough* The Stand *cough*)

jxN3

Oct 3, 2018
Wow, didn't see this coming.

I'm so down for this.

Unfortunately, this will be controversial. It's like The Last of Us exists to expose the scum of the earth.

Chaos Legion

The Wise Ones
Oct 30, 2017
So this site claims that McConnaughey turned it down so they then offered it to Ali?

Just going through True Detective leads, lol

BlackBoyFly

Oct 12, 2020
He would absolutely kill it, one of my favorite actors. I can see Joel in him.

Sadly with how toxic the Tlou fan base have already shown themselves to be, I'm sure this won't go over well smh.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
I only know him from his role in Luke Cage but I liked him a lot there. Well, and Uncle Aaron in Spiderverse too where he was also great. Should be a good pick :)

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't expect to give two shits about this show but now I'll check it out, awesome casting

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
imagine tryna say that Mahershala was cast because of an "agenda" and not because he's one of the best working actors out there right now and would crush it

Neil98

May 2, 2018
Madrid, Spain
This casting is fucking phenomenal, but honestly Hugh Jackman and Dafne Keen should have been the real deal. I mean, they're too perfect.