• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Magikarp embodies the importance of dedicated training and practice. Just because you're not that good at something now doesn't mean you can never be!

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
If Magikarp sucks so much, why is Goldeen the useless fish Pokemon in Smash Bros. that does nothing but Splash around?

xir

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
Let's hijack this thread into ATOMIC BOMBS with LONG FUSES.
What are other joke characters or weapons that evolve into heavy hitters

Feb 15, 2019
8b20febd659f2a841a7c25feba13136c.png

Dogui

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
In the context of the pokémon world, it's kind of weird to think that an animal like creature is hated just because they're useless in battle. If our world was like a pokémon game that is played by people in another dimension, they would hate most of our pet dogs and cats since they're basically the irl magicarps whose moves is to purr or play catch.

I would love to have a pet magicarp btw.

bdwnfn99

Oct 25, 2017
wonder how this would've panned out if the the magikarp -> dragonite and dragonair -> gyarados swap theory hadn't happened

Deleted member 11976

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
there are two types of people in life: people who hate on magikarp and will get absolutely savaged in the eventual gyarados uprising and those who love magikarp and will therefore be spared in said gyarados uprising

OP will be first against the wall

Inquisitive_Ghost

Cranky Ghost Pokemon
Oct 26, 2017
Magikarp and Gyarados are based on that old Chinese myth about a koi turning into a dragon.

So actually they're awesome.

Conrad Link

Oct 29, 2017
New Zealand
Magikarp is awesome and teaches kids (and everyone!) a valuable lesson.

Besides, why would you hate one of earths wonderful creatures? Magikarps deserve love too.

Still cracks me up when James kicks his Magikarp away cause it's useless then it evolves and then he's suddenly nonchalantly like "I'm James, your master, obey me." Magikarp is like LOL F**K YOU!

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Magikarp is a goddamn treasure and you should be ashamed of yourself.