• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

f0rk

Oct 25, 2017
LSV won this weekends GP with scapeshift and there were 4 copies in the top 8 so if you haven't played it yet on the ladder get ready to.

Never thought the two pseudo Blood Moons in Standard would ever be in consideration for sideboards but here we are

fuzzyset

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I saw a couple Golas Gates decks when the set came out, but not the Bant version. How often can it run Scapeshift at instant speed with Teferi?

bunbun777

Oct 29, 2017
Nw
Just went 7-2 in my first ranked m20 draft. Went RUG but only got to play my mythic Chandra in one game, the mvp was Drakuseth and my 3 Seasons of Growth, though I only ever had two of those out at once.

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Just fyi before someone does the same mistake as me. Dont activate a twitch prime sub in hopes of getting a free boros deck. Even though the banner on Arena says its redeemable until July 25, that only goes for people who got the code of their prime sub before June 25. The offer is not available any more.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Just fyi before someone does the same mistake as me. Dont activate a twitch prime sub in hopes of getting a free boros deck. Even though the banner on Arena says its redeemable until July 25, that only goes for people who got the code of their prime sub before June 25. The offer is not available any more.

Wow, what a bummer.

bunbun777

Oct 29, 2017
Nw
I read on reddit today that customer service is honoring the twitch prime deck. Contact them and it should be activated on your account.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I don't understand why people play counter decks. I'm just going to counter everything! So, fun! Oh, I have no more answers. Time to concede.

Thanks for wasting my time and being annoying I guess.

fuzzyset

Oct 25, 2017
Because waiting until EOT to respond with your opponent tapped out makes people feel galaxy brained.

I dunno why I thought the Mythic Championship this weekend was a Standard tournament. Apparently it's all Modern. Bummer. I was looking forward to watching some, but now I'll just sit there and be confused.

Oct 28, 2017
Because waiting until EOT to respond with your opponent tapped out makes people feel galaxy brained.

I dunno why I thought the Mythic Championship this weekend was a Standard tournament. Apparently it's all Modern. Bummer. I was looking forward to watching some, but now I'll just sit there and be confused.

I think it just feels good to be the big dog.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Some of the past MtG digital games have been...lackluster to say the least, but i think they hit a good middle ground here. We'll see how rocky things get when the rotation hits but I'm guessing it'll be fine.

bunbun777

Oct 29, 2017
Nw
I played every single one of Stainless's games on ps3. Tons of bugs and cut corners and weird decisions with limited selection but....I could play with 3 other friends and we always had a great time.

IceMarker

Oct 26, 2017
United States
I'm super glad small Teferi exists for all these stupid flash decks running around. Dropping that successfully is the sweetest damn satisfaction I have against them.

Last edited:

robox

Nov 10, 2017
oh man i got drop hacked for the first time. about to deal a lethal skewer, then got a reconnect message. reconnected and the game record is missing. wasn't paying close attention to daily win count or rank, but i sorta remember a user name. is there any way to report this?

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Dropped 10-12 dollars to try out the special M20 events going on atm but didn't get many interesting cards sadly.

f0rk

Oct 25, 2017
The client seems completely broken now? It's not showing that I have priority and the next phase button is blank, so it's timing me out.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Ooh this guild deck event looks fun. I hope whatever UI problems people are having gets ironed out by then.

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
Use BINGOIVMYTHICCHAMP for a free M20 Pack.

Did 2 M20 Ranked Drafts so far and did horribly, 1-3 and 2-3. I don't get the format at all, unlike WAR where I always thought I had a fighting chance in most games. My decks just feel kind of weak in general, and it doesn't help that I haven't opened any real bombs. Like they drop a Nightpack Ambusher on curve or a Gargos and its pretty much game, especially for a UG deck

Roman

Oct 25, 2017

Did 2 M20 Ranked Drafts so far and did horribly, 1-3 and 2-3. I don't get the format at all, unlike WAR where I always thought I had a fighting chance in most games. My decks just feel kind of weak in general, and it doesn't help that I haven't opened any real bombs. Like they drop a Nightpack Ambusher on curve or a Gargos and its pretty much game, especially for a UG deck

Watching LegenVD draft on Youtube has helped me quite a lot I think. I'm by no means amazing but this is literally my first time drafting at all and so far I've gone 6-3 and 5-3, the latter one was even with raredrafting.

A large part of it is just practice and experience, I'm sure we'll both improve if we keep at it.

Forerunner

Resetufologist
The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Pretty quick event, I went 6-2 using Orzhov Syndicate. The majority of players I played were running House Dimir or Izzet League.

Won

Oct 27, 2017
THICC is the only thing I could make out of that code. The internet ruined my mind. :(

Tried some of the decks out in this event and the Boros in the end quickly carried me through. Thought I would sit here all night, knowing my card game skills.

Roman

Oct 25, 2017
I tried Simic first and it was just way too slow, Orzhov seems rather strong though - I'll continue tomorrow.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Orzhov seems like a winner here. I kind of wish the prizes were better though, but I won't complain about events where we get to play around with complete decks we don't own.

Izzy

Oct 25, 2017
Guild event is fun. I think Orzhov has some of the better comeback mechanics, sticking a celebrant and a vindictive vampire allowed me to win a game I had been losing for seven turns. But I gotta say it's absolutely lovely to see people playing, and resolving, thousand year storm. Had a sweet game against an izzet where things were pretty dicey for several turns, but storm managed to eek out the win by boosting the card draw.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman

Thanks for the code.

Ikuu

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Honestly I hate this event, the decks are terrible and people are playing extremely slow as they have to read every single game each turn.

robox

Nov 10, 2017
i like this event. why is it ending so soon? i feel like i'm on equal footing with opponents since i don't have the stuff needed for constructed and i'm awful at limited. like, abhorently awful. i mostly went through with gruul and last win came from simic. i want to take my time and try all the other decks. is it only the full art forest that's available?

f0rk

Oct 25, 2017
i like this event. why is it ending so soon? i feel like i'm on equal footing with opponents since i don't have the stuff needed for constructed and i'm awful at limited. like, abhorently awful. i mostly went through with gruul and last win came from simic. i want to take my time and try all the other decks. is it only the full art forest that's available?
There will be different events soon that reward the other basic lands.

Oct 27, 2017
That's sounds about right. I bought the pass that gives you the extra 10 levels at the start. So I'd be at 41, if I had the normal pass.

Hah!

I am 38. If I maxed-out the second week bonuses on top of more 750XP quests, I would be higher.

This pass is the best way to play MTG: $20 cash injection for the return of $100+ in terms of goodies and $10 in-game currency back. If I get the Arena code for the draft (and don't suck a dick playing it), I should recoup 2000 gems easily.

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is there a way of finding out after a season concludes what rank you finished at? I left for work at 7am CST around #730 and wasn't sure if I would fall 270+ spots out of the Top 1000 in the 6 hours the season had left. I don't have a fancy Mythic badge in my profile so I assume I fell that many spots?

I had fallen about 200 spots from 11am the day before, which was a ~20 hour span. Would've thought I was safe.

BlackJace

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Is there a way of finding out after a season concludes what rank you finished at? I left for work at 7am CST around #730 and wasn't sure if I would fall 270+ spots out of the Top 1000 in the 6 hours the season had left. I don't have a fancy Mythic badge in my profile so I assume I fell that many spots?

I had fallen about 200 spots from 11am the day before, which was a ~20 hour span. Would've thought I was safe.
There's a splash screen at the start of a new season that shows you your rank for the previous season, as well as your placement for the new one. Unfortunately, once you click okay and claim your rewards, I don't believe there's a way to see that again.

Deleted member 12224

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There's a splash screen at the start of a new season that shows you your rank for the previous season, as well as your placement for the new one. Unfortunately, once you click okay and claim your rewards, I don't believe there's a way to see that again.
I take it Tier 1 means no numerical rank and somewhere down in the percentiles?