• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
www.independent.co.uk

Biden event cancelled as 'armed' Trump supporters threaten campaign bus

VP candidate Kamala Harris made three stops in Texas on Friday

Joe Biden campaigners were forced to cancel an event in Texas on Friday as tensions flared in the key battleground state ahead of election day.

Local Democrats said they were forced to pull the plug on a gathering scheduled to take place in Pflugerville – a small city about 17 miles north of Austin – due to "security reasons".

It came as vice-presidential candidate, senator Kamala Harris, completed a whistle-stop three-city tour of the Lone Star state in a last-minute bid for votes.

Traditionally a Republican stronghold, the battle for Texas's 38 electoral college votes is likely to go down to the wire.

President Trump has a slight lead in the state, according to FiveThirtyEight's latest poll update. But that advantage is within the margin of error and a Biden win in Texas could be key to his path to the White House.

Trump supporters literally impede the bus and the bus couldn't finish its Austin tour for the campaign

This is so inappropriate. I don't care what side of the fence you stand on, it is 100% inappropriate to try to intimidate through guns and violence ANY political candidate traveling to do a speech.

It is DISGUSTING that the citizens of Austin and surrounding areas were robbed of the opportunity to hear from the Biden campaign because Trump supporters were ramming the campaign bus on i35, tailgating and surrounding the bus, waving around weapons, and purposely creating traffic jams to keep the campaign bus from reaching its destination.

This is the COMPLETE OPPOSITE of a Democracy. They are taking away Americans right to choice. It is evident that Trump supporters do not care about Democracy because they DO NOT care about the democratic process. They try to influence through intimidation and escalation.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Did they actually hit the campaign bus? I thought they hit another car near it.

Shitty no matter what, but hitting the bus seems like an escalation.

And why the fuck haven't there been arrests?

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
Don't they have Secret Service protection with them? If so can't they just shoot them?
Because that wouldn't become a news story three days before the election...

The local cops are in the bag for Trump. When asked for help, one of them said, "Not my jurisdiction."

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020

They didn't hit the bus. Sounds like a Texas House Rep is claiming they rammed volunteer cars. I'm currently trying to find another source for that, because if true it would be a serious security breach that every news network in the country should be reporting on - but right now I don't even see it on CNN.com.

WishIwasAwolf

Banned
Oct 24, 2020
Imagine if Obama supporters had done something like this.
Hitting the bus would be a Hellfire missile fired from a Predator drone :P

But actions like this should give the Biden campaign votes a multiplier for that region as punishment to the people that try to keep them from campaigning. That will teach them not to interfere with the election. Seriously how low can you go?

Cat Party

Oct 25, 2017
Republicans need to be made to answer for this type of conduct, which we are seeing everywhere, for many, many years after this election. Future Republicans must be forced to disavow it expressly. They have engaged in coordinated and quasi-officially sanctioned harassment and intimidation, and they should have that hung on their necks for at least a generation.

I don't think our media has the stones for it, though.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Amazing how you libs won't talk about how ANTIFA burned down a Target in Minnesota over the Summer. Obviously worse!

Literal argument the Nazis are going with. Fuck em

Oct 28, 2017
Amazing how you libs won't talk about how ANTIFA burned down a Target in Minnesota over the Summer. Obviously worse!

Literal argument the Nazis are going with. Fuck em
4kkm1x.jpg

ShapeGSX

Nov 13, 2017
They didn't hit the bus. Sounds like a Texas House Rep is claiming they rammed volunteer cars. I'm currently trying to find another source for that, because if true it would be a serious security breach that every news network in the country should be reporting on - but right now I don't even see it on CNN.com.
There's video of it.

Oct 28, 2017
What's even more amazing is these people that did this literally and proudly displayed Trump banners. In their world, "secret Biden supporters" are worse than than Trumpers that display what they support openly while rioting.
There's a point of standing behind what you believe in but they take it too far in making politics their identity.

Status
Not open for further replies.