• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 22465

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Good to see this thread is still going, needed to laugh to some maga posts after yesterday's legislative and municipal elections in my country where the tropical version of Trump has just won the absolute control of the senate, hope that in a couple of years I can laugh to the cope posts from cultists followers of El Salvador's president like you guys do right now.

Oct 25, 2017

Coping MAGA is now Right Wing Cope to encompass the whole spectrum.
Then again, Right Wing and MAGA are pretty much the same now.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The thing is it was a corporate move...as far as I know there wasn't people on the left freaking out about it either way beforehand, Mattel just did it because, hey, easy press and like others have pointed out probably so they can sell mixed sets with different parts.

The right though...they're freaking out hard though they act like leftists were offended by Mr. Potato head.

scottbeowulf

Oct 27, 2017
United States
The Mr potato head thing is so stupid. Something about this name and conservatives getting mad makes it extra funny too. Of all the things to get mad about. A potato person toy. It's just the pinnacle of stupid conservative shit.

Apathy

Oct 25, 2017
Serious, these people are a lost cause. They are so far down the rabbit hole, they are not coming back out

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg
The Mr potato head thing is so stupid. Something about this name and conservatives getting mad makes it extra funny too. Of all the things to get mad about. A potato person toy. It's just the pinnacle of stupid conservative shit.
God forbid anyone get in the way of their indoctrination of children into their binary gender ideology.

Oct 25, 2017
Let's be honest, does anyone really care about Mr. Potato Head? I doubt the people complaining have even touched one in years.
Most kids know him from the Toy Story movies. That's about it.

EdibleKnife

Oct 29, 2017
Let's be honest, does anyone really care about Mr. Potato Head? I doubt the people complaining have even touched one in years.
Most kids know him from the Toy Story movies. That's about it.
Just like all of those other things they get in a twist about like She Ra or Aunt Jemima, they don't really care beyond not wanting minorities to gain any ground. In the eyes of these reactionaries, any concession to progress like erasing racial caricatures, increasing minority representation or in his case deleting binary gender signifiers where none are necessary for inclusivity's sake is the erosion of the plurality of Christian straight white cisgender male prioritizing in the status quo.

It's a lost battle in the endless war they think, or at least say to fearmonger to their audience, will end with white genocide and systematic payback for the generations of oppression against marginalized people they've happily ignore, endorsed and/or participated in. Shit like the Potato Head raging despite how silly it is is calculated propaganda in the campaign of continually telling those in privilege that minorities are constantly going too far and are just one push away from making it so that they no longer get to feel their whiteness or cisgenderness or straightness makes them superior.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Wait a second...this whole time the conservative issue was they supposedly made the character of Mr. Potato Head non-existent.

But it's just the BRAND is now simply Potato Head. Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head are still existing, specific characters.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
Wait a second...this whole time the conservative issue was they supposedly made the character of Mr. Potato Head non-existent.

But it's just the BRAND is now simply Potato Head. Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head are still existing, specific characters.
They also firmly believe that Paw Patrol was cancelled, despite it continuing to air as normal.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
"there are so many more important problems in the world" is the response I saw on FB when pointing out it was just a brand name change haha.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
untitled16yklv.png

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Libertarian horseshit

Ask him about child labor laws and whether they should exist if you wanna see a pretzel

It reminds me of a recent clip of Dave Rubin about why Joe Rogan won't have him on his show anymore. It revolved around Dave pushing this idea of getting rid of regulations and the government involvement in how things are built. When Joe pushed back he said "I'd put most of that on the builders. They want to build things that are good.".

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Considering a majority of people have their taxes withheld from thier paycheck... and pay sales tax on everything, I don't think this will work.

Cokomon

One Winged Slayer
Nov 11, 2017
It reminds me of a recent clip of Dave Rubin about why Joe Rogan won't have him on his show anymore. It revolved around Dave pushing this idea of getting rid of regulations and the government involvement in how things are built. When Joe pushed back he said "I'd put most of that on the builders. They want to build things that are good.".
It was this clip compilation:

Good stuff.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
That lack of self awareness too, having a tattoo of "self made" for a man who inherited over $400 million dollars and whose first major deal only existed because his super wealthy father co-signed.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Watching Philip DeFranco's show today and he reminded me that tomorrow we're going to get another influx of content because...it's the day that QAnon supporters believe that Biden is going to be removed from office and Trump is going to be reinstalled as the 19th President.

Oct 25, 2017
Watching Philip DeFranco's show today and he reminded me that tomorrow we're going to get another influx of content because...it's the day that QAnon supporters believe that Biden is going to be removed from office and Trump is going to be reinstalled as the 19th President.

Oh yeah, that's about to happen. Can't wait for nothing to happen and all of them to lose their minds.

Kensation

Enlightened
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Don't worry, there will be more content when they move the goal posts again.

jerf

Nov 1, 2017
Can't wait for this thread to blow the fuck up again tomorrow. I wonder how far the goal post will be moved this time.

Neece

Oct 27, 2017
Are they even still hanging their hopes on that? Or have the preemptively moved the goal posts and abandoned that theory? I haven't seen anything about it since January.

Jan 13, 2018
Well, the House is taking March 4th off, just in case of DC disturbances.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...warn-possible-plot-breach-capitol/6911228002/

WASHINGTON — The House of Representatives canceled its Thursday session after receiving information about a possible security threat at the Capitol on March 4.

The United States Capitol Police said Wednesday they were aware of a "possible plot to breach the Capitol by an identified militia group," and a notice sent to all congressional offices said the agency was bolstering its security presence on Capitol Hill.

March 4 has been highlighted by the debunked QAnon conspiracy as the "true inauguration day" for former President Donald Trump. It is the date presidents were inaugurated on until 1937.

CorpseLight

Nov 3, 2018
Ah yes. The Bible. The sacred texts that determine our entire worldview and civilization. Let's see here....

• Now therefore, kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman who has known man intimately. But all the girls who have not known man intimately, spare for yourselves. Numbers 31:17-18
Hey, maybe nobody should take The Bible seriously.