• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

yellowfury

Oct 27, 2017
I am anti-religion personally. But white evangelicalism/fundamentalism can't even really be considered the same religion as Catholicism, Orthodox, or Mainline Protestant sects of Christianity at this point. They are followers of the "anti-Christ" in reality and most definitely do not believe in the New Testament part of the Christian Bible.

yeah they're white nationalists disguised as Christians or rather are using it to further their racist ideologies. We all know the type- the kind who treats the phrase "god and country" as literal gospel. The type to continue to spew the vicious lie that Obama was a Muslim terrorist plant installed to destabilize the country. The type that believes Kamala Harris is his second coming. I'm ashamed to admit that I grew up with these type of people but I was lucky enough not to be sucked in (maybe being a minority was part of that).

G.O.O.

Oct 26, 2017
anyone who claims to be a Christian is a de facto Christian. Try doing the same thing with Islam, it doesn't work
Why do you think that ? I can assure you that the very same point exists in Islam, with moderate muslims not recognizing those who got into radical Islam in prison as muslims (also true for the opposite). Not even getting into the relationship between sunnis and shias...

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Why do you think that ? I can assure you that the very same point exists in Islam, with moderate muslims not recognizing those who got into radical Islam in prison as muslims (also true for the opposite). Not even getting into the relationship between sunnis and shias...

My boss even thinks that other Sunni sects aren't Muslims. He's Hanafi. He'll still greet them as Muslims, but it's a charade.

Clefargle

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Limburg
And that's my point, depending on who you talk to you will get 100 different answers to who is a true muslim/Christian. There is no objective internal way to verify who is a true believer. So that's why Christians include Catholics, Protestants, ect because they are all Christian denominations but if you asked either group they would tell you the other aren't true Christians. That's why it is fallacious.

Mr_Antimatter

Oct 28, 2017
So what's the deal with Jones? Only thing that shows on google is they accused him of trying to coerce someone not to run. Hardly the mass vote fraud campaign Twitter is suggesting.

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
I've been reading the cope MAGA Twitter every day since Nov 6th.

I'm getting increasingly nervous one of these crazies will do something once they see Trump is done. There's so many of them.

Kendrid

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago, IL
Yesterday Pence was supposed to play the PenceCard and overturn 6 states electors based on some old law being misinterpreted.

That didn't happen so now I'm seeming more and more talks of violence on the 6th. Probably just talk but some extremist will probably go off.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
Why are some Christians so in love with Trump? He's cartoonishly villainous. Like a lazy portrayal of a bad guy in some B movie only he's actually real. I'll never understand it.

I think it's hard to understand if you grant some basic decency to those Christians but the reality is they're not decent. They're awful human beings and they're just like Trump. They love him because he is them; they're virulently racist, white nationalists who want and cheer for cruelty and pain to be inflicted on anyone they don't like which is pretty much everyone.

Teh_Lurv

Oct 25, 2017
Why are some Christians so in love with Trump? He's cartoonishly villainous. Like a lazy portrayal of a bad guy in some B movie only he's actually real. I'll never understand it.

There has been a lot written about it. Best explanation is Evangelical Christians view Trump as a tool to get their hands back onto the levers of power that they believe has been slowly drifting away from them the last couple of decades as the nation slowly becomes more progressive and secular.

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
Yesterday Pence was supposed to play the PenceCard and overturn 6 states electors based on some old law being misinterpreted.

That didn't happen so now I'm seeming more and more talks of violence on the 6th. Probably just talk but some extremist will probably go off.

They are all deluded in the replies, it's amazing.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Only slightly related: I have been watching The Mandalorian and been getting bored because while the show is very flashy (nice production values), it's also very shallow (so far at least). Then I saw an unironic "The MAGAlorian" meme that was so utterly cringe it kinda soured me on the show even further.

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just heard that my mom is going off on Facebook about Kamala Harris being a mole for a Muslim terrorist organization. She thinks that the plan is immediately kill Biden, establish a Muslim theocracy, then genocide white Christians.

I wish I knew people like this. I'd immediately respond "how much do you bet on it?" and if they refuse I'd piss them off by saying "oh you must not actually believe it then" or "I guess you're scared of being wrong huh?"

Sully

Oct 25, 2017
I wish I knew people like this. I'd immediately respond "how much do you bet on it?" and if they refuse I'd piss them off by saying "oh you must not actually believe it then" or "I guess you're scared of being wrong huh?"
That's a hilarious idea lmao. Make them bet like 100 bucks on it. "Oh yea you think that will happen?"