• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Midramble

Force of Habit
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco
This thread makes me more and more uncomfortable each time I pop in. The cult worship of this on the cuff reality TV conman is something out of transmetropolitan. Nazi level fascism and 80s scifi level dystopia markers have me sweating. I knew it was bad but somehow the mask is coming even more off with his loss.

Swig

Oct 28, 2017
Why do people seem to think that if trump doesn't concede, he'll stay president? He's out Jan 20th by law. He can choose not to concede all he wants, but it doesn't mean he'll stay in power.

Oct 28, 2017
Y'all ain't prepared for this one

7e18c31c-3580-4196-8qjkke.jpeg
It was only a mater of time this cult started worshiping the Elder Gods.

Downhome

Oct 27, 2017
I posted this in the other thread, but it belongs here...

I have a family member that has thoughts on all of this.

d8eadb96-8446-4bc5-aq1k21.jpeg

0d8a89f0-76bc-44c8-aglju6.jpeg

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Welp "Biden Won, Deal With It!"

Glad to see Garrison has finally accepted the election results.

danmaku

Nov 5, 2017
Why do people seem to think that if trump doesn't concede, he'll stay president? He's out Jan 20th by law. He can choose not to concede all he wants, but it doesn't mean he'll stay in power.

They've been trained to utterly ignore reality and keep going. People like them are dying in a hospital bed while saying COVID is a hoax. I wish this was a hyperbole, but it's not.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
They've been trained to utterly ignore reality and keep going. People like them are dying in a hospital bed while saying COVID is a hoax. I wish this was a hyperbole, but it's not.

I've read multiple cases of this happening and I literally don't think there's a bottom to humanity anymore. Before you could at least argue that as terrible as some people were they were either knowingly awful or were awful because they had no real sense of what they were doing but to literally be dying of COVID and refuse to believe its real ever is a level beyond.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
This is one of the most annoying elements of the Q/Trump cult. Why the fuck is Trump communicating in fucking numbers and cyphers if he's the leader of the free world? What exactly do these people think he's gained from making his election results an Ovaltine code? He still lost. History books aren't going to put in "But Trump got in the last word in the end because if you read his new phone number it says 'Trump actually has a big dick' after being converted using Katakana." Like how desperate do you have to be to be obsessing over this shit? Is this really what they want from their president? No policies just constant little codes he sends out into the world that translate into ego-stroking messages?
It's all a big stupid ARG to them, one where they get to feel smart and in charge and in the know, not a bunch of rubes falling for an idiot con man.

mbpm

Oct 25, 2017
I've read multiple cases of this happening and I literally don't think there's a bottom to humanity anymore. Before you could at least argue that as terrible as some people were they were either knowingly awful or were awful because they had no real sense of what they were doing but to literally be dying of COVID and refuse to believe its real ever is a level beyond.
IMO it's less that we've gone beyond the rock bottom and more that we're regressing.

This type of delusion strikes me as medieval in style, where people thought illnesses were related to moral character or by the devil. So technically, we've seen it before, and it's more of a sign that our modern society sure is a fragile thing when key parts of it like education, critical thinking, and general trust in the government/official information sources are rotten.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018

Man, just... like... dude.

These are the dumbest fucking people on the planet. Remember that argument two guys had online once about how many days you could work out if you worked out every other day? And we were all like "lol this is stupid." No. No that was Shakespearean. This is just... man some poor therapist is gonna get rich off these saps.

Loxley

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
One thing that even after all this time with Trump as President that my brain is simply incapable of understanding, is why Trump is being propped by seemingly the entire Republican party as the single-greatest President (or elected official period) in the 240+ year history of his country. Like, it would be one thing if R's were collectively proclaiming that Trump was okay or not as bad as the libs say he was. But no, it's like the guy is their freakin' Messiah.

Like, is it just a case where because Trump is absolutely going to go down in history as one of the top 5 worst Presidents we've ever had that they feel the need to over-compensate for that and proclaim him King of the Presidents? I...just don't get it at all.

I feel like Republican's previous Jesus-in-Chief, Reagan, didn't get nearly this much of an insane cult-like following.

yagal

Oct 25, 2017
This is one of the most annoying elements of the Q/Trump cult. Why the fuck is Trump communicating in fucking numbers and cyphers if he's the leader of the free world? What exactly do these people think he's gained from making his election results an Ovaltine code? He still lost. History books aren't going to put in "But Trump got in the last word in the end because if you read his new phone number it says 'Trump actually has a big dick' after being converted using Katakana." Like how desperate do you have to be to be obsessing over this shit? Is this really what they want from their president? No policies just constant little codes he sends out into the world that translate into ego-stroking messages?