• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not gonna lie, I'm more worried about the longterm implications.
Then it's finally time to handle what's been swept under the rug. Dems need to always keep in mind the security threat these people pose on the street and the political threat should they run for office in droves.

Handle white domestic terrorism like the serious matter that it is and give the people progressive politics that materially benefit them, which will in turn keep these Qanon from running successfully.

Warszawa

Sep 30, 2018
Not really equivalent but the Torys in the UK absolutely opened the flood gates to complete morons when they tried to poach the UKIP vote in 2015 with the Referendum on staying/leaving the EU.

By desperately caving in to the UKIP crowd it backfired immensely - hate the Torys, but anyone with any credibility or ability to govern was purged from the front benches with Boris Johnsons vacuous pro-brexit cult.

Remember the right can just be as divided as the left. Hope these MAGA clowns split the Rep. vote.

I look forward to drinking conservative tears.

Kcannon

Oct 30, 2017
It depends how much he actually becomes invested in actual GOP politics. I feel he'll get outflanked by Mitch, who - like with the Tea Party before them - will effectively co-opt the movement and find a Trump-like who shares his policies but is more palatable to the broader public.

Easier said than done.

Trump is sort of a one of a kind. Billionaire, TV star and pop culture icon before the presidency. All those things shape his ridiculous persona.

And if there are many Trump-wannabees attempting to co-opt his image, it will lead to further infighting. Everybody who wants power will want to take a slice of the Orange Turd pie.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
nspf59fr8l3y.jpg

Psittacus

Oct 27, 2017
Reminder: you have until these people start getting elected/appointed to positions of power in numbers to fix your broken system of government.

The only reason Trump is leaving is because he didn't have people in all of the right positions yet

APOEERA

Oct 26, 2017
I wouldn't be surprised if the MAGApublicans turn radicalized and start shooting / assassinating Republican politicians for their lack of "loyalty" to Trump.

They are already pretty close to that. At some point, Trump supporters have to be spoken of in the same breath as terrorist organizations and Republicans have to recognize them as the problem.

I truly fear who the Republicans have after Trump if that person wins the presidency. I imagine that person will be even more nefarious than Trump and will full-on support fascism.

Tbm24

Oct 25, 2017
I'd have to imagine an Airline would step in if a passenger was being harassed to that level no?

Oct 30, 2017
At least this will shut some folks up who kept fear mongering that the police would side with these jabronis to take back the WH for Trump.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
The GOP and MAGA are fully interwoven. I look forward to seeing them tear each other and themselves apart.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Let them each other but these are dangerous people and will definitely take to the streets. I'm almost concerned.

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
This is why I didn't believe people when they said "They are all Right-wingers, they'll fall in behind whatever the GOP says!"

Trumpists are a new breed of Right-wingers. With Traditional GOPers, there's still some dedication to tradition and keeping the "illusion that they are morally correction Party that is trying to the best thing possible for the world, under God and by way of the Bible!". That guise is important to them, no matter how hard they contradict it with their actions, they believe it's still easier to commit the long-con if you present yourself as the most righteous person possible.

Trumpists, they don't give a damn about anything but loyalty to Trump. He could tell them to walk into a freeway and those that don't are branded as traitors. That loyalty is the big burrito of the topic. GOPers (classic Conservatives) are loyal to the "cause", but Trumpists are ONLY loyal to Trump. There are overlapping segments, like in a Venn Diagram, but Trumpists seem to be a more actively "blindly loyal" lot, even compared to most Conservatives.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
This is why I didn't believe people when they said "They are all Right-wingers, they'll fall in behind whatever the GOP says!"

Trumpists are a new breed of Right-wingers. With Traditional GOPers, there's still some dedication to tradition and keeping the "illusion that they are morally correction Party that is trying to the best thing possible for the world, under God and by way of the Bible!". That guise is important to them, no matter how hard they contradict it with their actions, they believe it's still easier to commit the long-con if you present yourself as the most righteous person possible.

Trumpists, they don't give a damn about anything but loyalty to Trump. He could tell them to walk into a freeway and those that don't are branded as traitors. That loyalty is the big burrito of the topic. GOPers (classic Conservatives) are loyal to the "cause", but Trumpists are ONLY loyal to Trump. There are overlapping segments, like in a Venn Diagram, but Trumpists seem to be a more actively "blindly loyal" lot, even compared to most Conservatives.
Nail on the head.

Combo

Banned
Jan 8, 2019
Its absolutely astounding to me that they can't see that the misinformation that bound them together is now the misinformation that is tearing them apart.

This is something like a line from a modern day Art of War book. If a certain type of misinformation binds them, then use that same type of misinformation to break them.

Night Hunter

Dec 5, 2017
I mean, I could write a whole lot of stuff here that would probably get me banned, so I'll just leave it at

You reap what you sow!

I'm not even American and I have a deeply burning hate toward all the GOP bullshit. I can't even fathom my general mood toward republican politicians if I actually had to live with these people.

Sagroth

Oct 28, 2017
Seeing the Republicans crash and burn like this has been satisfying but there's definitely some unease underlying all of it. The American right has been fully radicalized and they're going to come away from all of this fucking pissed.

Pandora's Box has been opened and as much as I don't want to believe it I can't help but feel that there are plenty of Timothy McVeigh types waiting in the wings.

Oh, there absolutely will be - and already has been (remember the plot to kidnap the governor a few weeks back?). But that doesn't mean we shouldn't celebrate and mock their defeat right now. The blame for their radicalization falls on Trump, QAnon, Conservatives who endorse conspiracy theories, and media outlets like Fox and OANN. There's very little the average decent American can do to stop it.

TyrantII

Oct 25, 2017
Boston

It's always been the way. The only difference from 1980 and 2020 is now the rubes of the Goldwater coalition are in leadership, not just the pawns expected to line up and vote.

Palin, Teaparty, Trump. It's that racist, angry, cruelty is the point part of the party acending and infecting every corner of the party as the GOP broad appeal shrank.

I'd love to see the party rip itself apart, but that was also what qe thought would happen in 2008. Instead they doubled down in the cruelty, racism, and more importantly cheating, disenfranchisement, and sabotage.

Ultimate that finally cost them today, but I don't expect to see anything different from the GOP as a party until they absolutely can not win any suburbs again. With the bullshit gerrymandering and disenfranchisement of voters, thats still a ways off. Just look at the popular vote vs the EC.

This might be accelerated if the Dems grow a spine and enact democracy strengthening reforms, redistricting, and ect. But thats going to be very hard to do.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Then it's finally time to handle what's been swept under the rug. Dems need to always keep in mind the security threat these people pose on the street and the political threat should they run for office in droves.

Handle white domestic terrorism like the serious matter that it is and give the people progressive politics that materially benefit them, which will in turn keep these Qanon from running successfully.
That makes a good case for Doug Jones as AG since he's famous for going after the KKK.

Oct 25, 2017
"Nobody cared who I was until I put on the hat"
"If I take that off will you die?"
"It would be extremely painful"
"You're a chunky guy"
"For you"
"Was Trump losing part of your plan?"
"Of cooourse!"
"Well bravo, he lost the presidency and likely the Senate. So what's the next step of your master plan?"
"Crashing this party... WITH NO SURVIVORS!"

I still chuckle at people who think Junior can be his dad. Whatta dork

This is why I'm not worried about any future Trump presidents. Don Jr is a lame cokefiend, Eric is beyond stupid, and Ivanka won't happen because Trumpists aren't going to elect a woman.

gcwy

Oct 27, 2017
Houston, TX
Kinda sad that they did this to themselves. If they weren't so dumb, maybe the Dems would've let them keep the senate too.