• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
Okay, so yeah, it's what I was saying. Sure, we can leave it, but just like I said, if we do mislynch (and I think we're at the point where it's very likely with no great leads), then we're going to be at -3 tomorrow instead of -2.

If the additional people couldn't conjure up the great leads now, what makes you expect they'd do it tomorrow?

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
I'm not an arsonist or a poisoner or anything evil. Wouldn't people have received PMs saying they got doused or something? If there's anyone whose flavor says they're allergic to pineapple or something that'd be one thing I guess, but I haven't moved once all game.
I mentioned that as a possibility, but I don't think Bear would put one in that doesn't notify the doused players/have the ability to 'save' them.
Ok. You're probably right.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not an arsonist or a poisoner or anything evil. Wouldn't people have received PMs saying they got doused or something? If there's anyone whose flavor says they're allergic to pineapple or something that'd be one thing I guess, but I haven't moved once all game.
Did you win Price is Right, by any chance?
If the additional people couldn't conjure up the great leads now, what makes you expect they'd do it tomorrow?
I mean, it's a new day. Well, I was going to bring up one less player to suspect (aside from the lynchee), but tomorrow's NK is likely Fantomas. Still, we'd naturally have more info to operate with with a lynch.

But yeah, again, it's fine. I'm just not convinced, but we'll see what happens tomorrow.

Vote: malus

OP
OP
The Bear

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 6 VOTES ====
Day Start

malus (6 votes)
ezekelrage - #5,453
ceecee - #5,675
sorian - #5,693
fireblend - #5,695
fantomas - #5,904 #6,042
fluxwavez - #5,914 #5,954
blargonaut - #5,953 #6,009
rac - #6,085
fluxwavez - #6,100

sawneeks (4 votes)
natiko - #5,670
fantomas - #5,742 #5,904
brazil - #5,802
blargonaut - #5,935 #5,953
malus - #6,054
fantomas - #6,093

brazil (1 votes)
sorian - #5,680 #5,693
sawneeks - #5,854

sorian (0 votes)
brazil - #5,410 #5,414
blargonaut - #5,567 #5,657

ceecee (0 votes)
fluxwavez - #5,507 #5,778

fireblend (0 votes)
fantomas - #5,571 #5,742
sawneeks - #5,662 #5,800
dr. monkey - #5,760 #5,903
blargonaut - #5,774 #5,894
fluxwavez - #5,778 #5,914

Post Counts:
blargonaut: 125 fantomas: 79 dr. monkey: 73 sorian: 65 ezekelrage: 60 brazil: 47 fireblend: 46 sawneeks: 41 natiko: 38 fluxwavez: 32 rac: 26 kyanrute: 19 malus: 15 grizzly: 12 ceecee: 11 lone_prodigy: 8 pedro: 1

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
tomorrow's NK is likely Fantomas.
WARTCTw.gif

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Is Bear just sitting there hitting F5 to get the top of the page every time, or is he running a script?

Important question of the day.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Mornin. Gonna try to be here but I'm working early today and it runs through Day End so no promises.

Any questions people have for me or??

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Have you talked about this before? That link doesn't ring a bell.

Why?

I have, I mentioned it earlier this day phase when Natiko got angry that I said there was scum between him and Saw and he wanted receipts and I said malus flipping first would help me figure that out better. It's also from one of the posts I quoted from my boat. I talked about how Natiko looks bad if malus is town and Fando was scum with Faddy, the inverse reasoning applies because his vote on malus that day helped push malus into the spotlight (he was second on there iirc).

Fair. But I feel like outside of a few, most players aren't talking about others.

Are there many scum interactions with Blarg? Kyan? Fireblend? rac? It's not hard to ignore some people; that way you don't get that awkward wolf-wolf and can leave a void in post-flip reads.

With a handful of scum left in 15 people we're in a good spot but it doesn't hurt to start looking elsewhere as the crowd thins.

Without going back and looking specifically, I'm not sure, I feel like there are positive interactions but the only one that jumps out to me is that Blarg spent some time saying Bar as cop was bullshit.

Oooooooohhhhh

Oooooooohhhhhh

Arsonist?

As someone already said, I highly doubt Grizzly puts in an arsonist that doesn't notify people and honestly, if that's really what's happening here, fuck it. And I say that knowing full well my odds of being targeted for things in this community is higher than average, the gamble is worth it at this point with how much scum are dead.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
We're not lynching Fireblend today. We can find out if Fireblend is telling us the truth very easily. There is no reason to think that he will become some kind of unstoppable monster if we don't lynch him.

If we lynch him today, what we are doing is putting our scum hunting on hold for a day instead, and all these topics we've already talked about today, will just be brought up again tomorrow. That's not a good idea.
Yeah, for all that I'm suspicious and I am, I don't see the benefit to lynching him right now. The arsonist idea is funny/fascinating but I really doubt it.

RIP many if that's wrong!

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit this had not occurred to me.

Sorian gave no notification of the lover pairings. Normally people do get notified when there's an arsonist, but that would be in keeping here.

See my other post above on the matter but to add, secret arsonist is much further past bastard than my role is. Let's remember who the mod is here.

OP
OP
The Bear

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
I'll be in the movies for few hours, so any vote counts and similar gamerunner duties might be delayed.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Role claim, please. :P

On a more serious note, who are your top scum reads here? Who would you want to see lynched today?
I mean I can if things keep staying this close as Day End approaches but I'd really rather not. :x

Let me jump to the tallest mountain and proclaim the name Brazil to all the land. His role is completely different from the other 2 that have claimed and I will stand by that I believe he is lying about it in order to cover himself. He has tried to save or help 2 scum players in different situations. Hes who I want lynched today.

I'm still unsure on Malus but I'm leaning town moreso than not. His vote for Bae gives me pause and the reasons people are giving to justify it as Scum aren't staying me. I'll also say that I don't think Malus and Brazil and both be Scum, I think it would be one or the other. If it's not clear I think the scum is Brazil lol. If Malus does end up scum then I'm probably way off on Brazil...

I will move my vote if I need to in order to save myself.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
I mean I can if things keep staying this close as Day End approaches but I'd really rather not. :x

Let me jump to the tallest mountain and proclaim the name Brazil to all the land. His role is completely different from the other 2 that have claimed and I will stand by that I believe he is lying about it in order to cover himself. He has tried to save or help 2 scum players in different situations. Hes who I want lynched today.

I'm still unsure on Malus but I'm leaning town moreso than not. His vote for Bae gives me pause and the reasons people are giving to justify it as Scum aren't staying me. I'll also say that I don't think Malus and Brazil and both be Scum, I think it would be one or the other. If it's not clear I think the scum is Brazil lol. If Malus does end up scum then I'm probably way off on Brazil...

What was the second instance of Brazil trying to save scum outside of turmoil? Drawing a blank here.

Why is it you expect a town role to match up with neutral roles again?

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
What do you think about Brazil's interactions with Bae following her fake claim on D2?

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Part of me just wants to throw my hands up over poor malus just so we resolve him and don't have this conversation again.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What was the second instance of Brazil trying to save scum outside of turmoil? Drawing a blank here.

Quoted a few pages back but Brazil asked people not to ask Bae for her proof of clearing Ket.

I don't but are you honestly going to tell me Grizzly made roles involving the modifiers and one just 'happened' to not follow the thematic precedent set by the others? It sticks out like a sore thumb.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

A lot of people have made the role argument today so I'm just going to answer that one since I'm here, only neutrals seem to have pre-info on modifiers so far which is why Brazil's seems out of place to be modifier focused.

Will back seat the other question though, I'm also drawin a blank on anything except the huge flux over turmoil push.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What comes to mind for me is when Brazil tried to divert focus to Chuggernaut as a potential lynch target in D3 when Faddy's claim was made.

Quoted a few pages back but Brazil asked people not to ask Bae for her proof of clearing Ket.

I don't but are you honestly going to tell me Grizzly made roles involving the modifiers and one just 'happened' to not follow the thematic precedent set by the others? It sticks out like a sore thumb.

lol two different answers that work at a glance.

rac

Oct 25, 2017
why would scum!brazil try and save fando by trying to be lynched first and then with that weak ass claim

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
My counter point is another game, GoT. There were, if I remember right, only two roles that had anything to do with the Religion mechanic in that game. One was Zeke's Neutral role, the other was my Town role. Zeke's was more specifically focused on a certain religion, mine was more nebulous and not very useful.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
why would scum!brazil try and save fando by trying to be lynched first and then with that weak ass claim

I mean, if he's scum, it worked out in his favor. The weak ass claim kind of cooled everyone on him because it's a town role if it's real, there's no question there. The real crazy play was trying to get lynched before Fando but even at the time, I'm surprised the vote moved as close as it did, too many were fixed exactly where they wanted to be and if scum was positioned well, they could jut hide in everyone else refusing to move and a scum Brazil would never be in any real danger.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
What comes to mind for me is when Brazil tried to divert focus to Chuggernaut as a potential lynch target in D3 when Faddy's claim was made.
Fair - though I'm pretty sure you can go grab a lot of quotes from more than one person that discuss balance/mechanics wise Chugg's claim being the sketchiest (neutrals are somewhat often given a BP).

I guess I can see that if you come at it from the perspective of Bae being vague in hopes of not getting counter claimed by a different investigative role. It's not an inherently scummy statement though.

Am I going to tell you Grizzly made two neutral roles with wincons specific to a modifier versus a town role that is meant to negate an unspecified number of modifiers while still maintaining the normal wincon? Sure. It doesn't make sense to make a town PR specific to one modifier.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
On the one hand, this is a great point.
On the other hand, have we ever done a thing because someone asked us to? wifom wifom everywhere

Pretty sure Fandorin was always going to get lynched there or at least first (sorry, Fando).

The only thing here I am very sure of is that Febe and Brazil are not on a team together. Febe is delaying the chance for Brazil to try to prove himself, but is putting his life on the line to do it. I don't think that's a scum play in this gamestate. As with Sorian, I am inclined to believe Febe is some kind of neutral and that there is some truth to his claim.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Tbf I wouldn't say I have "pre-info on modifiers", unless knowing that I'll exit the game counts. I have no idea what that modifier actually entails.

(Pretend I quoted Fanto's post too)

That's kind of why the nebulous vs. specific info doesn't exactly work. I'd argue Fireblend seems to have about as much info about a modifier as Brazil does. I'm the only one so far that had actual concrete info.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil

You really can't help but try to link people together, can you? That's how you've played all game. You're always leaving some trail in your EoD posts so that you can just jump back at it without having to reassess your reads.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
(Pretend I quoted Fanto's post too)

That's kind of why the nebulous vs. specific info doesn't exactly work. I'd argue Fireblend seems to have about as much info about a modifier as Brazil does. I'm the only one so far that had actual concrete info.
I guess the point there would be that you knew that Love Boat was part of your win-con, and also knew what it did. Fireblend knew that Pineapple Pizza was his win-con, but didn't know what it did. But then Brazil doesn't know what any of the post restriction modifiers are, just that they don't count for him. It's still less specific than both, but yeah FB's is definitely still less specific than yours.

Either way, I feel like it's kind of a shitty argument anyways lol. It was just something that stuck out to me back when FB first claimed so I made a note of it.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I guess the point there would be that you knew that Love Boat was part of your win-con, and also knew what it did. Fireblend knew that Pineapple Pizza was his win-con, but didn't know what it did. But then Brazil doesn't know what any of the post restriction modifiers are, just that they don't count for him. It's still less specific than both, but yeah FB's is definitely still less specific than yours.

Either way, I feel like it's kind of a shitty argument anyways lol. It was just something that stuck out to me back when FB first claimed so I made a note of it.

Sure, I'm more of the mind that the real issue is we've seen one modifier with a post restriction and we've gone through a decent number of them (also not just proving it when you could which was a Brazil choice) but I saw a lot of people side eye the connection when Fireblend claimed, I think you may have too.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Sure, I'm more of the mind that the real issue is we've seen one modifier with a post restriction and we've gone through a decent number of them (also not just proving it when you could which was a Brazil choice) but I saw a lot of people side eye the connection when Fireblend claimed, I think you may have too.
Yeah, that was one point I brought up to Natiko when we were talking about it as well. We could just be lucky and haven't hit any others like Cthulhu yet, but the fact that he didn't even breadcrumb it as far as I'm aware when he had the chance on a post restriction day is a point against the claim I think.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm. I don't know if I scumread this particularly. We're kinda doing the same thing right now by speculating on the neutrals and the game design as a whole. It's a thing that happens in the moment that later looks real bad and at the time, poor ol' Chuggs had made some not-great plays and a commuter, doctor, and BP does seem like a lot of protection in this game. It still does. I'm guessing there are more kills hidden in some modifiers for those things to exist but I'm iffy on this being a huge thing. As part of a bigger picture, maybe, and it could be scummy, sure, but I find it indeterminate as a factor unto itself.

(also though the page links don't work for people on different ppp, just fyi to everyone)

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If everyone is master race 50ppp then you wouldn't run into an issue, honestly, just view the forum the correct way tbh.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, that was one point I brought up to Natiko when we were talking about it as well. We could just be lucky and haven't hit any others like Cthulhu yet, but the fact that he didn't even breadcrumb it as far as I'm aware when he had the chance on a post restriction day is a point against the claim I think.
Yeah, apparently the only breadcrumb was not counting the posts.
(sorry if this double posts; my internet is shit today)

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
(also though the page links don't work for people on different ppp, just fyi to everyone)
They do if you do it the right way. You have to right click the post number in the top right corner of a post and then hit "copy link location" or whatever. That gives the non-page specific perma-link to the post.