• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Doubt they have invest role. At least not something like a tracker. Revealed roles haven't really been movement dependent.

I thought it was put forth(wasn't it by you?) that the redacted from turmoil's role pm was about the bomb?

Side note: with ab kill, I would be weary of vanilla claims.

Yeah, it was, I assume that he can't inherit the bomb if Faddy dies and gets to use the power. Being shot wouldn't have made him explode though so then I think that role can be passed on since it's still unused.

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
Real talk, it kind of happens automatically, if I'm on mobile and someone's post takes up my entire screen, my eyes kind of glaze over unless I notice a six letter word that starts with an S. It's why my posts are meatier in the evening because I'm actually on a desktop and can focus more.
"Shitpost" 6-letters

OP
OP
The Bear

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 6 VOTES ====
Day Start

malus (4 votes)
ezekelrage - #5,453
ceecee - #5,675
sorian - #5,693
fireblend - #5,695

sawneeks (3 votes)
natiko - #5,670
fantomas - #5,742
brazil - #5,802

fireblend (2 votes)
fantomas - #5,571 #5,742
sawneeks - #5,662 #5,800
dr. monkey - #5,760
blargonaut - #5,774 #5,894
fluxwavez - #5,778

brazil (1 votes)
sorian - #5,680 #5,693
sawneeks - #5,854

sorian (0 votes)
brazil - #5,410 #5,414
blargonaut - #5,567 #5,657

ceecee (0 votes)
fluxwavez - #5,507 #5,778

Post Counts:
blargonaut: 68 dr. monkey: 61 sorian: 54 fantomas: 51 ezekelrage: 50 brazil: 39 fireblend: 38 sawneeks: 38 natiko: 25 fluxwavez: 20 rac: 19 kyanrute: 15 grizzly: 8 ceecee: 5 malus: 4 lone_prodigy: 3

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

rac

Oct 25, 2017
fanto for the rest of the game are you gonna just say" im also fine with the malus lynch"
?

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
fanto for the rest of the game are you gonna just say" im also fine with the malus lynch"
?
Oh, Rac.

Fine.

Vote: Malus

I'll say that I feel somewhat better about Saw here after seeing her defend herself from Brazil. Also, I think I'll finally just go ahead and commit to wanting that Malus flip today, the connections that I've seen and the others that have been pointed out now with Pirate Bae being Scum seem like the final straw to me following the other reasons I've had to be suspicious of him for so long now.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
He's kind of right though, me just throwing my vote around all day even though I want the Malus flip isn't really helping Town out I don't think.

Also I'm seeing you, a Town read, CeeCee, who I still think is Town, plus the two seemingly helpful Neutrals on the vote. No reason for me to think Scum is trying to prop up Malus today so far.
Do the phone smiles posted show up as smilies or nothing for everyone else 🤔
They do. I can type them on Windows too.

😍😍😍😎😎😎👀👀👀

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, so Pineapple Pizza gets voted as the next modifier and if Fireblend is still around, we lynch him. Fine.

I'm still voting for McDonald's.

Vote: malus

We obviously can't move on without this lynch. It's been a sticking point since D3. So let's just get this over with. I don't believe either him or Brazil are scum at this point.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I don't believe either him or Brazil are scum at this point.
Well if you have a good case to make, I'd much rather not mislynch someone. Monkey obviously believes Malus to be Town as well, so you're not alone there. What are your thoughts on the various points that have been brought up that can connect him to Bae?

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Also if you're not looking at Brazil or Malus, who would you be looking at today instead now that FB is off the table for a lynch?

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
EzekelRAGE

RE: Modifier votes

I went and took a look through them as promised. I tried to look at people that A) voted Brazil B) suspected Brazil but did not vote him and C) people that voted for a game they had not previously voted for (I took into consideration whether all of their previous games had been selected already as well). This left me with the following as people that still qualified:

• EzekelRAGE - Voted Star Wars without previously voting for it. Voted for Brazil.
  • Dr. Monkey - Voted Star Wars without previously voting for it. Scumread Brazil but opted to vote Fand
  • Sorian - Voted Bar 2 without previously voting for it. Voted for Brazil.
  • FluxWaveZ - Voted Bar 2 without previously voting for it. Voted for Brazil.
  • Sawneeks - Voted Bar 2 without previously voting for it. Voted for Brazil.
  • kyanrute - Voted Heroes v Villains without previously voting for it. Scumread Brazil but opted to vote Fand
I still largely townread Zeke and Flux, so I'm not bothered by them (especially given this isn't some perfect formula). Sorian I think is a bit odd for the vote, but he has since come out and explained he does not believe NX would have a post restriction and that he was taking his chances with an unknown and following the confirmed town so I can buy all that. Monkey, Saw, and kyan are then the ones that are left and all three voted for different games. Honestly I thought we might see stacked votes from people that fit these categories and we don't. All told I think it's a wash, I'll concede the point.

Time to catch up on the thread.

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
BuyqO37.gif

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Pineapple Pizza had three roles that don't get used that often: innocent child, beloved princess, and a scum who was a sort of self-janitor. That one scares me a little, as it's the last thing we need, but it also seems like a stretch that would be the modifier, right? No flips?

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I highly doubt Pineapple Pizza will have a post restriction, so what do we do with Brazil's claim?
I would like to hear from him today still for sure now that we have evidence of 2 roles that have to do with the modifiers being Neutral, and his being the odd man out of the bunch the way I see it.

Like, the two Neutral's had a very clear idea of which modifier they needed and, at least in Sorian's case, how it would affect the game. Brazil's? Vague wording about post restrictions, of which we have seen only one candidate and he did not prove or breadcrumb during it, of which people seem to be reaching when trying to think of things that could also count (haikus, etc.).

I would say his claim seems less believable to me now than it did before, and it already wasn't very believable.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Of course, that's assuming FB does exit the game after Pineapple Pizza tomorrow and we see he is telling the truth.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Going to try to not do as huge of post blocks before I respond (especially since I don't want to lose shit to the multiquote bug):

Sawneeks' tunnel on Fando did stick out to me previously, but the multiple chain mentions (as noted above) make her look even worse.

I admit I haven't looked too closely at Natiko's case against her, but are you arguing the same thing?
Yes, that is part of it though I never personally went back and quoted her exchanges from that day.

If you're going in on this about her voting for Turmoil over Malus then what do you make of Malus voting for Bae? The combo of CeeCee-Malus pushed Bae up into close contention when votes were low and doing that to a scummate during a locked voting Phase seems risky as hell.
Malus voted for Bae prior to Fran claiming he was not going to use the override. I don't know that I would put much stock into votes prior to that because people likely thought they wouldn't matter.

You'll dislike this answer but it's more of a feeling from your posts around #2581 than anything. You end that post with more of a statement than any sort of question and it felt like you simply wanted to move on from the whole thing.

Considering that post is surrounded by ones like

I'd say a post including the phrase 'if true' is a lot more hesitant than any of the others. So yes, you were one of the few to actually seem hesitant on the claim.

and yeah, now i know what monkey feels like. it sucks. :/
If you want to scumread me for the words "if true" when I was just finding out that I was off base on 2/3 of my top scumreads then be my guest.

Uh, yeah? You're arguing that this makes him oh so Townie when, even after this whole debate with Bae, he still sticks to Ket throughout it and even has her above Turmoil in a scum reads list. That is what stuck out to me is that even though he does go in hard on her he never really pushes her to be lynched first, it was always Ket. Nat didn't push Bae up into being lynched, that was CeeCee/Malus/Fandorin who weren't even directly involved there. I'm saying Nat and Bae had a fight that spiraled and ended up getting votes for it when they didn't expect it.

And they wanted it to end even with different points because those points clearly didn't matter. Nat still wanted Ket dead before Bae and Bae never really went back to give Nat more scrutiny after that whole fiasco. As Scum you have your fight, create the distance between the two of you, end it and then keep going. Now you have links to point at and say, 'hey! see im not scum we fought here once!'
Or it could be that my read on her was predicated on my read on ket - if you look at my posts directed towards Bae that should be evident? I never even went back and grabbed any of this shit, everyone else did.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Pineapple Pizza had three roles that don't get used that often: innocent child, beloved princess, and a scum who was a sort of self-janitor. That one scares me a little, as it's the last thing we need, but it also seems like a stretch that would be the modifier, right? No flips?
That would seem a bit out there, yeah. It will probably just be something we have no way of guessing.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Well if you have a good case to make, I'd much rather not mislynch someone. Monkey obviously believes Malus to be Town as well, so you're not alone there. What are your thoughts on the various points that have been brought up that can connect him to Bae?
The crux of this comes to speculation regarding malus' D2 chart and then immediate vote on Pirate Bae which he then openly regrets putting down, right?

It's hard to make anything of it. There are possibilities where it was an actual plan to silently support Pirate Bae before her claim was made (while also creating a separation with the vote itself for the future), during a day where the vote apparently didn't matter.

There are also possibilities where the graph was earnest, malus' reason for the vote was earnest (and also placed semi-randomly because the implications of a vote during that day phase are most acknowledged in retrospect, plus the fact that we generally thought votes "didn't really matter"). Then there's the part where we can say that scum wouldn't place a locked vote on another that day phase when there had been no particular attention placed on them until there, aside from the KetKat defense.

I'd like to point this out:
At a critical time where votes were tied between turmoil and I, where people tried to decide who to believe, I had thought I reached my post limit. malus actually pointed out that I still had 1 more post to make, where I could say more for my position before my possible death. Why would scum help me like this instead of staying silent about the fact that I could make another post? It'd be pretty weird, in any case.
Also if you're not looking at Brazil or Malus, who would you be looking at today instead now that FB is off the table for a lynch?
Hm. Well, here's how I see things right now:

Town
Fantomas

Leaning Town
Brazil
malus
Dr. Monkey
Sawneeks
CeeCee (very reluctantly)

Neutral (non-threat?)
Sorian
Fireblend

The rest I don't know about. I'm not particularly leaning scum on many, but right now just from a gut feeling, I'd want to focus on:
1. EsekelRAGE
2. rac
3. Natiko

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I would like to hear from him today still for sure now that we have evidence of 2 roles that have to do with the modifiers being Neutral, and his being the odd man out of the bunch the way I see it.

Like, the two Neutral's had a very clear idea of which modifier they needed and, at least in Sorian's case, how it would affect the game. Brazil's? Vague wording about post restrictions, of which we have seen only one candidate and he did not prove or breadcrumb during it, of which people seem to be reaching when trying to think of things that could also count (haikus, etc.).

I would say his claim seems less believable to me now than it did before, and it already wasn't very believable.
I still don't believe Brazil's role at all. I don't necessarily think it makes him scum, and it could be town having come up with a quick lie, but I want him to fess up to it sooner than later.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
The crux of this comes to speculation regarding malus' D2 chart and then immediate vote on Pirate Bae which he then openly regrets putting down, right?

It's hard to make anything of it. There are possibilities where it was an actual plan to silently support Pirate Bae before her claim was made (while also creating a separation with the vote itself for the future), during a day where the vote apparently didn't matter.

There are also possibilities where the graph was earnest, malus' reason for the vote was earnest (and also placed semi-randomly because the implications of a vote during that day phase are most acknowledged in retrospect, plus the fact that we generally thought votes "didn't really matter"). Then there's the part where we can say that scum wouldn't place a locked vote on another that day phase when there had been no particular attention placed on them until there, aside from the KetKat defense.

I'd like to point this out:

At a critical time where votes were tied between turmoil and I, where people tried to decide who to believe, I had thought I reached my post limit. malus actually pointed out that I still had 1 more post to make, where I could say more for my position before my possible death. Why would scum help me like this instead of staying silent about the fact that I could make another post? It'd be pretty weird, in any case.

Hm. Well, here's how I see things right now:

Town
Fantomas

Leaning Town
Brazil
malus
Dr. Monkey
Sawneeks
CeeCee (very reluctantly)

Neutral (non-threat?)
Sorian
Fireblend

The rest I don't know about. I'm not particularly leaning scum on many, but right now just from a gut feeling, I'd want to focus on:
1. EsekelRAGE
2. rac
3. Natiko
Indeed I'll admit, it does come down to the fact that we are playing a bit of WIFOM about how Scum interacts with their teammates. I'm sure the ghost of Fran would post the Princess Bride gif for us if he could.

The other point is how he was moved out of Pirate Bae's scum list after being there at the end of D2 alongside Turmoil and on D3 ahead of Faddy and Fandorin. I can see the point that she would do the "Scum Sandwich" as Monkey called it I believe, leaving Town on either side of her teammate. But the fact that she backed down from that read altogether the next day simply because he had voted after the hammer, which is something I think a lot of us have concluded is NAI really. I don't know, to me there are connections from him to Bae, and from Bae to him, that make him look at least somewhat suspect in addition to the fact that he has been being widely scum read for a while now by a lot of players.

As for your reads list, I would say Natiko is the one I'm most concerned about on a gut level at this stage, but that could just be me refusing to think there isn't Scum between him and Sawneeks, so it's not a firm read on him yet, I still need to ISO him properly I think. I can try to get that done before EoD here since I am probably not going to be alive for much longer.

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
VOTE: Sawneeks

hi Sawneeks I've been meaning to say to you for a long time now, I deserve to be punished for being a terrible player and I don't want you to feel bad for doing this: from now on if I don't contribute every 7 days in the D&D game please continue the scene(s) without me, feel free to puppeteer or have someone puppeteer my character for that round as you narratively see fit even if it means me coming back to a dead or damaged char I don't mind I need hardcore discipline please do this for me starting today no regrets all sorries

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, that was kind of the crux of why I assumed the scum was Fando between him and malus. That and the way Faddy handled his death throes in terms of voting

Counter question for everyone since Fireblend suddenly became a topic from left field and now Brazil is joining on the Sawneeks wagon. Everyone on those two votes (and anyone else not Brazil or malus, I'm not clicking back to look at the current vote count), do you feel that D4 was a waste at this point and Brazil/malus are just town or are you just trying to put down new angles?
My read on malus hasn't changed, I still just think Saw is also scum and will yell about it until I die or her alignment is revealed.

Look, it really feels to me like you're holding me to some impossible standard that is specially impossible because for the better part of last week I. Was. Not. Here. I have no deep thoughts beyond those I could get from a surface reading which is all I could afford. I've had a busy time that hasn't let me do ISOs or nicely formatted posts with tons of quotes. I like to think I can still play in this community and contribute to the games despite that, plenty of people certainly seem to be. The "I want to know where those reads come from" stuff is frustrating to me because I've already been transparent about them and said, they're either the first things that come to mind or stuff that I'm piggybacking on from other people that seem to be more on top of the game than I am. It's not a big secret to be unveiled about me.

This post reeks of frustration I'm sure, and if it reads like I'm playing the pity card or something, I'm sorry and I'm not, it's just me telling me you that you've been trying to squeeze juice out of a rock for a good 3 day phases now.

Long breath.

Anyway, let's make a deal: help me fulfill my neutral wincon, and that way I'll exit the game without town having to waste a lynch. I've been trying to have it be fulfilled by coincidence, but I'm losing faith in that ever happening, or that I won't actually be up for a lynch tomorrow and my claim will be seen as a self-preservation fake claim or something, so I probably need to make my move now anyway. I originally was trying to get enough town cred that you guys would help me win if I asked nicely, but that's certainly not happening I think.

I'm Sophia the pineapple pizza lover and all I want is some freaking pineapple pizza. Choose that modifier tonight and I'll exit the game, no blood spilled.

I fully expect a pineapple-hating hunter to be out there, so by exposing myself I may have sealed my fate, but there: now you know.
Seems like a trap on the surface, but if so I don't see why you wouldn't have just made this play earlier so sure.

Ok, let's all just settle down now with the emojis.
🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻

Well the difference could be that two of them belong to neutrals and exist to give them a unique wincon versus a weak town PR that simply exists to counter some currently unknown amount of modifiers.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
a weak town PR that simply exists to counter some currently unknown amount of modifiers.
Fair yeah. It just felt off to me in comparison because of how vague it seems to be compared to their's, but since they do have win-cons involved that does make sense. 6 days and only one modifier that has something to do with a post restriction is starting to get kind of suspect too though in terms of how much value that role would even give to someone in the first place, but of course we could just be getting lucky too.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, so Pineapple Pizza gets voted as the next modifier and if Fireblend is still around, we lynch him. Fine.

I'm still voting for McDonald's.

Vote: malus

We obviously can't move on without this lynch. It's been a sticking point since D3. So let's just get this over with. I don't believe either him or Brazil are scum at this point.

Why to all of this post? Why still vote Mcdonald's for no reason? Why lynch someone you don't think is scum.

Welcome to the party, I left refreshments on the table.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Fair yeah. It just felt off to me in comparison because of how vague it seems to be compared to their's, but since they do have win-cons involved that does make sense. 6 days and only one modifier that has something to do with a post restriction is starting to get kind of suspect too though in terms of how much value that role would even give to someone in the first place, but of course we could just be getting lucky too.
Yeah, I will agree that it's a bit odd. Maybe there's post restrictions in NX and one of the unknown games. That would seem like a more reasonable amount at least to justify such a PR.