• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
The Bear

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
Day Night 5 Ends

Night actions and vote are locked.

Modifier Vote results are revealed soon.

Last edited:
OP
OP
The Bear

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
Secret N5 Vote:

Star Wars (5)
absolutbro
EzekelRAGE
Blargonaut
malus
Dr. Monkey

Bar 2 (4)
Fantomas
Sorian
FluxWaveZ
Sawneeks

NX (3)
Brazil
Natiko
Fireblend

Heroes v Villains (2)
Kyanrute
Lone_Prodigy

RNG (1)
CeeCee

Star Wars has been chosen as the next Modifier.

OP
OP
The Bear

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
"Straws…"

15480159870301064442685438265872.jpg

"So many… straws…"

1548016004801272646446829742006.jpg

"Looks like AbsolutBro got absolutely suffocated by all of these straws…"

Indeed, absolutbro's mouth was filled with straws, that someone had apparently drawn them. It was a gruesome fate… and how was that supposed to be related to Star Wars?

"I don't get it."

absolutbro has been removed from the game!

You have been summoned by the great Mafia Time Machine to protect the integrity and history of the games this community has played over the years. It seems that a malicious force is out to disrupt the harmony and results of games past and future, and it is your duty to stop them.

You are Fandorin the Cop, which means Vanilla Cop.

During night phase, you can send a command SEARCH: player, to check them. As a result of your search, you will be told if your targeted player is a vaniilla/ordinary player. Note, that a possible scum goon may also be vanilla.

You are aligned with The Community, which means TOWN

You win when all threats to Town have been eliminated!

Game Thread is here: https://www.resetera.com/threads/mafiera-mafia-ot-the-day-of-the-blargonauts.91092/

Please confirm you have received this role PM by either replying to it, or posting in the game thread that you have received it

Day 6 Begins

STAR WARS MAFIA modifier is in place!
Please look at the post below this for the special rules!

Majority is 8.

Day ends in:
t7us3cdlr0

Still Alive:

1. [m] Fantomas - CST
2. [m] EzekelRAGE - CST
3. [m] Brazil - GMT-3
4. [m] Blargonaut - GMT-3
7. [m] Sorian - MST
10. [m] Fireblend - GMT-6
12. [m] FluxWaveZ - GMT-5
13. m]Lone_Prodigy
14. [m] rac - GMT-5
15. [m] Natiko - GMT-5
16. [m] malus - UTC+1
20. [m] Kyanrute - UTC+2
21. [f] Dr. Monkey - GMT-5
22. [m] CeeCee - GMT
24. [f] Sawneeks – PST

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't ready for this shit. I thought I was gunna go out on a high note where me and Pirate Bae troll each other until she got turboed lol.

Also, my bad on voting for Bar 2 in the thread lol was attempting to troll Bae one last time because she kept voting for that one.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
So uh... that was some day phase. And I thought we were against turboing people (though my vote was placed because I thought about how funny that'd be). I was glancing over what was going on in my second monitor while doing something else on my primary one, and before I could properly assess what was going on, day was done.

So what primarily came of it was Sorian's "Survivor" claim. Eh. Even if he is a neutral and that's a lie, we do know there haven't been multiple kills until now, and I doubt that's going to change at this point. Well, if it does change, we know who to point to.

I honestly think everyone pushing for Star Wars is very suspect right now. Where did that push even come from? Grizzly's post clearly indicates that there's something we're not aware of that would motivate a vote for that modifier.
Interesting night kill
Not... really? Who else are they gonna kill? Very predictable NK.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting night kill
Kinda like how you wanted to kill AB first interesting or just a more general blanket interesting?

I changed my vote a billion times overnight and read the design sheets for all kinds of games and came to the conclusion I am garbage at speculating on modifiers. Same deal as mini-last phase: I still have looming deadlines.

So uh... that was some day phase. And I thought we were against turboing people (though my vote was placed because I thought about how funny that'd be). I was glancing over what was going on in my second monitor while doing something else on my primary one, and before I could properly assess what was going on, day was done.

So what primarily came of it was Sorian's "Survivor" claim. Eh. Even if he is a neutral and that's a lie, we do know there haven't been multiple kills until now, and I doubt that's going to change at this point. Well, if it does change, we know who to point to.

I honestly think everyone pushing for Star Wars is very suspect right now. Where did that push even come from? Grizzly's post clearly indicates that there's something we're not aware of that would motivate a vote for that modifier.

huh??

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Wait, no, I'd missed the "normal rules are in play" thing.

UNVOTE

"Behind the curtains", huh. Did this modifier just give scum some kind of boost?

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
There may have been some changes behind the curtains…
How else am I supposed to interpret that when the modifier says that nothing about the front-facing aspects of the game have changed? There was speculation before about the [REDACTED] aspect of Faddy's role and how it could tie into the modifiers. We still don't know what that was about, so that's why I'm suspect that, out of nowhere, people voted for Star Wars.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
RIP AB. You did good. I don't work tomorrow so I'll get around to the ISOs I have planned tonight.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
How else am I supposed to interpret that when the modifier says that nothing about the front-facing aspects of the game have changed? There was speculation before about the [REDACTED] aspect of Faddy's role and how it could tie into the modifiers. We still don't know what that was about, so that's why I'm suspect that, out of nowhere, people voted for Star Wars.
People have been voting for Star Wars. How is it out of nowhere?

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
My current suspect pool basically looks like this:
malus
Sawneeks/Natiko
Kyanrute

You could throw FB and LP on there too I suppose.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
... How?

Godspeed ab.
????

He caught Pirate Bae in her lie and claimed cop, how is that interesting?
Not... really? Who else are they gonna kill? Very predictable NK.
Would've killed a more vocal person and took my chances he wouldn't ck me as scum.

I expected fanto to die.
*shrug*
Kinda like how you wanted to kill AB first interesting or just a more general blanket interesting?
huh??
O, you found my take on ab interesting. Cool.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, no, I'd missed the "normal rules are in play" thing.

UNVOTE

"Behind the curtains", huh. Did this modifier just give scum some kind of boost?
Something has happened for sure - it has me wondering if there will be some update or... I don't know. If regular rules are in place, what the fuck could that even mean? I am stumped on this one.

Since the previous day phase, yeah, there's been an increased amount of support for that to be our modifier. Why did you vote for Star Wars?
Because after looking through the mafia game data document, I figured there could be items or bonuses or some special rule in SW but not as extreme as the possibility of Power Rangers or HvV. I started voting Pineapple Pizza but I didn't think that would be much. I also considered RNG but that seemed too open. Same with Bar. No idea if it would connect to first Bar or not. Why'd you vote Bar?

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Why did everyone jump on Zeke there for expecting me to die, but not jump on me for expecting me to die?

I was thinking the same thing as Zeke, AB's checks aren't even alignment indicative, they could kill me and then take care of him tomorrow, it's a valid strategy especially when I make about 100 more posts per day than AB does.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't ready for this shit. I thought I was gunna go out on a high note where me and Pirate Bae troll each other until she got turboed lol.

Also, my bad on voting for Bar 2 in the thread lol was attempting to troll Bae one last time because she kept voting for that one.

Pssh, I only voted Bar 2 because of your mistake and figured that would guide some of the votes. I feel like Bar 2 was one of the few chances to actually get a modifier with a post restriction.

So how many scum do you reckon are left

Should be 2-3. The amount of extra kills in this game is so low and I only added a little extra with the lover's stuff, so I err on the side of 3 personally.

I don't like this ominous statement either. So there's just mystery shit going on we're not aware of? That's what it seems like to me.

Bear said there may be changes and Star Wars was one of the most vanilla games on that list. I bet it's just a statement to add worry to be completely honest. I can't even think of what he could have done to tie back to Star Wars.

My current suspect pool basically looks like this:
malus
Sawneeks/Natiko
Kyanrute

You could throw FB and LP on there too I suppose.

So Brazil is really off people's lists on that weak claim? His power is countering one thing we've seen so far and he didn't even bother proving it?

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Why did everyone jump on Zeke there for expecting me to die, but not jump on me for expecting me to die?

I was thinking the same thing as Zeke, AB's checks aren't even alignment indicative, they could kill me and then take care of him tomorrow, it's a valid strategy especially when I make about 100 more posts per day than AB does.
No reason for anyone to jump on you. It can be assumed anything you say at least comes from a place of purity.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

I didn't jump on either of you but the clear answer is AB dies first. You were both cleared as town no matter what and he actually had an active PR, your role is useless.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Because after looking through the mafia game data document, I figured there could be items or bonuses or some special rule in SW but not as extreme as the possibility of Power Rangers or HvV. I started voting Pineapple Pizza but I didn't think that would be much. I also considered RNG but that seemed too open. Same with Bar. No idea if it would connect to first Bar or not. Why'd you vote Bar?
I don't think it's necessary to go through the game data sheet when it seems that the descriptions in the first modifier post for this game are related to what's going to happen. Speaking of which, it does say "some unusual roles." Someone's role might have gotten affected by this modifier?

I voted Bar 2 because that's what Fantomas voted. I went with what Fran and Fantomas wanted before, as confirmed town. Like I said before, I have doubts that the modifiers are created to help/hurt town and scum equally.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017

I'm sure at least one is setting up for a mislynch

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah fair, just thought it was weird that people hopped on Zeke so quick there I guess.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Also, side note, I'm bummed you all actually voted that quickly and turboed the day, we could have at least guided discussion for the night vote better. I came back and started grabbing stuff for multi quote and then got to day end and threw it all out.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Also, side note, I'm bummed you all actually voted that quickly and turboed the day, we could have at least guided discussion for the night vote better. I came back and started grabbing stuff for multi quote and then got to day end and threw it all out.
I was surprised at the turbo as well. Figured ppl would at least mention voting in the thread.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
So Brazil is really off people's lists on that weak claim? His power is countering one thing we've seen so far and he didn't even bother proving it?
As for this, I'd just say I'm looking elsewhere for now. Brazil is still suspect to me, but I feel like he won't get by for long if he is Scum here. I'd also like to see how he plays now after all that shit that went down.

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I don't think it's necessary to go through the game data sheet when it seems that the descriptions in the first modifier post for this game are related to what's going to happen. Speaking of which, it does say "some unusual roles." Someone's role might have gotten affected by this modifier?

I voted Bar 2 because that's what Fantomas voted. I went with what Fran and Fantomas wanted before, as confirmed town. Like I said before, I have doubts that the modifiers are created to help/hurt town and scum equally.
Of the modifiers we've seen, which one would you call overly pro-town or pro-scum? And do you presume scum already knows what their "favorable" modifiers are?

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Brazil you still think malus is town?

With Sorian seemingly being neutral what about the things you said in sorian's Hesitation in voting mal/or wanting the mal lynch?

You said the mal lynch was pure(or something like that) who were the scum votes you thought were on mal?

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
So how many scum do you reckon are left
I did expect NX to win after that conversation on potential modifiers, but eh.
Of the modifiers we've seen, which one would you call overly pro-town or pro-scum? And do you presume scum already knows what their "favorable" modifiers are?
Do you have some thoughts on who is Town and who is Scum?

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
As for this, I'd just say I'm looking elsewhere for now. Brazil is still suspect to me, but I feel like he won't get by for long if he is Scum here. I'd also like to see how he plays now after all that shit that went down.
Also this. Yesterday it seemed like some folks were wanting to auto lynch Brazil or malus and I think automatically jumping into anything there is a mistake.

To me one of the first questions that has to be answered is: do we deal with Sorian now or later?

If now: we basically have another day with no vote data because anyone can freely vote for a neutral and nothing else really gets handled

If we wait: we risk that he is not being fully transparent about his powers and/or a situation in which he plays kingmaker or sows chaos. One of the first games I read was a Sorian-neutral game and I'm very hesitant here but I also don't really want to waste the day.