• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Scum shouldn't give a shit about me. Either I'm a survivor or cultist. Either I can win with them in the first case or they'll leave me alone because their only chance of getting onto an even playing field is hoping town devours itself trying to find said cultists. With this many neutrals scum has one person left MAYBE two if they're lucky.

And you don't have time for "getting uncertainty out of the way" You either bet and lynch me now or you don't and I probably win.
You're right: scum doesn't care about you. If you're not part of the cult, they could decide to just kill you off like they did Brazil, so that we're occupied even more with "Who is part of the cult?" while also scum hunting.
Oh yeah, there's no precedent for someone keeping mum about their objective modifier.

*eyeroll*
Yeah, well you're weird, and now you're not getting any pineapple pizza because of it. If someone needs an obscure modifier to win and they haven't made any kind of push by D7... what're they doing?

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You're right: scum doesn't care about you. If you're not part of the cult, they could decide to just kill you off like they did Brazil, so that we're occupied even more with "Who is part of the cult?" while also scum hunting.

Yeah, well you're weird, and now you're not getting any pineapple pizza because of it. If someone needs an obscure modifier to win and they haven't made any kind of push by D7... what're they doing?

Cute but not what I meant, they don't care about killing me. All I am is a swing vote. If they start winning, I can be their vote, before I thought I was a town vote, now I'm pretty sure I'm voting with the cult. It's not hard.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Except it is, that is literally what a cult does, sometimes they also have to make sure no other killing roles are present since some mods don't want to have to deal with that interaction but even that is rare. You quoted cthulhu which was from this community's infancy and was before we had standardized win cons. .
I'll give you that - I wasn't here at the time so I guess I don't always appreciate how much has changed. That being said a more recent cult example does have a wincon more aligned with what you said, but it limits recruits to just vanilla town and a max of four possible cult members alive or dead. It was a smaller game (19 players), but if you follow that logic out max would be like 6 this time. If the cult hit every single night they would be at five players right now, even if they missed one night. Vomit lol We're fucked.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'll give you that - I wasn't here at the time so I guess I don't always appreciate how much has changed. That being said a more recent cult example does have a wincon more aligned with what you said, but it limits recruits to just vanilla town and a max of four possible cult members alive or dead. It was a smaller game (19 players), but if you follow that logic out max would be like 6 this time. If the cult hit every single night they would be at five players right now, even if they missed one night. Vomit lol We're fucked.

It's great isn't it?

I've legit been pumped all day for the day phase to start just so this could start dawning on other people who didn't realize it during the night.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Anything for you

(Maybe that's wrong? I didn't understand that talk of links messing up with different ppp settings)
Bless you both. I do get hung up on the claim, since if he was cult are we just chalking those two meme boats up to actual RNG? If cultists can covert PRs we're basically fucked no matter what so I don't even want to try and think about that.

Cute but not what I meant, they don't care about killing me. All I am is a swing vote. If they start winning, I can be their vote, before I thought I was a town vote, now I'm pretty sure I'm voting with the cult. It's not hard.
GROAN

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
So even more reason to lynch you? Hell, for all I know, you could be scum parading as a neutral survivor to coast yourself. You have your bread crumbs for the Love Boat modifier opposition, but that's it, and that could have easily been planned around this claim of yours so you'd reach the end game by going on like you are now about siding with scum, as town numbers dwindle. And that's been fast forwarded now that you know there's a cult.

Anyways, whatever. Gonna have to take a proper look at the game now. The malus, Brazil, and Fandorin trio are dead and they were all town. You and Fireblend can be left for later, but I'm all for a lynch of yours today if people start moving towards it.

[highligh]Vote: EzekelRAGE[/highlight]

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
If the cult hit every single night they would be at five players right now, even if they missed one night. Vomit lol We're fucked.
Now I don't know if I should ask for a replacement, because that would just be rude to them.

Fuck this.

What do I have to add at this point? There's like 7 Neutrals running around in this game right now along with 1-2 Scum.

I don't know what the fuck to do.

Fuck all of them.

They won.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I mean I have a suggestion :D
UY3Y8Q3.gif

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Now I don't know if I should ask for a replacement, because that would just be rude to them.

Fuck this.

What do I have to add at this point? There's like 7 Neutrals running around in this game right now along with 1-2 Scum.

I don't know what the fuck to do.

Fuck all of them.

They won.
For Town Eyes Only:
Yeah, I really don't know at this point. If the cult vote in a block and aren't capped at a lower amount/missed a bunch and Sorian joins them that means they can prevent a majority lynch by themselves. RIP.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So even more reason to lynch you? Hell, for all I know, you could be scum parading as a neutral survivor to coast yourself. You have your bread crumbs for the Love Boat modifier opposition, but that's it, and that could have easily been planned around this claim of yours so you'd reach the end game by going on like you are now about siding with scum, as town numbers dwindle. And that's been fast forwarded now that you know there's a cult.

Anyways, whatever. Gonna have to take a proper look at the game now. The malus, Brazil, and Fandorin trio are dead and they were all town. You and Fireblend can be left for later, but I'm all for a lynch of yours today if people start moving towards it.

[highligh]Vote: EzekelRAGE[/highlight]

I need to afk a bit but I'll leave you with this. Monkey and I were paired together. She spent so much of day 1 talking about how I spook her and worry her at every turn. Brazil and Fantomas ARE ACTUAL BROTHERS. Those were no accident, my role is real. This is reality now.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
In the town vs mafia vs cult discussion. Scum do have to eliminate the cult. Scum has to make up half the remaining players.

I also think you Hurley's are over reacting to how many cultists there are.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
If this game follows a majorty of the ones I looked at last night I wouldn't be so sure of that lol

Uh, I don't think I did either of the things you accused me of. Quotes please lol
Brazil/modifier talk - I just said he didnt prove his role. You brought up KH, me thinking he was scummy etc. I didn't even know what you were going on about.
Bomb = CC is town vig - You chimed in arguing something I never said.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil/modifier talk - I just said he didnt prove his role. You brought up KH, me thinking he was scummy etc. I didn't even know what you were going on about.
Bomb = CC is town vig - You chimed in arguing something I never said.
I mean you did know what I was going on about with Brazil. Don't play dumb. My point was a player with a role does not always optimally use said role. I mean damn he even had the role he claimed.

I absolutely didn't do the last point and you're going to have to prove otherwise because it's bullshit.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
I mean you did know what I was going on about with Brazil. Don't play dumb. My point was a player with a role does not always optimally use said role. I mean damn he even had the role he claimed.
Yes...but what was your point in discussing it? That wasnt a discussion about optimally using the role. It was me saying you were making a big deal out of ppl not voting a modifier to help Brazil prove his role.

Us seeing today that he had the role doesnt matter.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Cult wanted a Malus lynch, he wasn't one of them and they were never going to try and convert there for the fear of instantly being lynched. I still believe the most likely scenario for cultists is the can only convert vanilla town.

Zeke, rac, and Kyan should be prime cult suspects. Flux can only be cult if he's the actual cult leader, but given Saw pushing for him D2 I think that's incredibly unlikely. CeeCee is vig. If Sorian is actually a cult member that's acrually best case scenario for us, but his open mocking about it makes me think he is just a survivor hoping to end the game.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Cult wanted a Malus lynch, he wasn't one of them and they were never going to try and convert there for the fear of instantly being lynched. I still believe the most likely scenario for cultists is the can only convert vanilla town.

Zeke, rac, and Kyan should be prime cult suspects. Flux can only be cult if he's the actual cult leader, but given Saw pushing for him D2 I think that's incredibly unlikely. CeeCee is vig. If Sorian is actually a cult member that's acrually best case scenario for us, but his open mocking about it makes me think he is just a survivor hoping to end the game.
Why isnt LP on there?

If your theory is cults need vanilla townies wouldnt cult try to move off mal a lil bit?

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
tK8C1Pj.gif

It was at that point that Fantomas realized the current game state had driven him mad.

UyI9hOT.gif

He no longer had any reads worth sharing.

vQ3LdIg.gif

They could be anywhere.

qJ1JyXQ.gif

All hope seemed lost.

But then...

A ray of hope.

A way to try to make some sense of things.

Ok, maybe I won't completely check out of the game yet.

Let me give some thought to this.
Why isnt LP on there?

If your theory is cults need vanilla townies wouldnt cult try to move off mal a lil bit?
LP and Malus could have both been Scum, and Scum wouldn't be able to get recruited. If they are looking for Vanilla Town in specific, not someone who might be Scum or could get lynched for being scummy and exposing the Cult like what happened to Saw.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Yes...but what was your point in discussing it? That wasnt a discussion about optimally using the role. It was me saying you were making a big deal out of ppl not voting a modifier to help Brazil prove his role.

Us seeing today that he had the role doesnt matter.
Bullshit lol I made the point that people may not have wanted him to be able to verify his role and you responded with:

Brazil didn't want to verify his power when given the chance on day 2.

Why imply brazil cares to verify his power now?
And doubled down with:

Idk understand how it's baffling. It's a post limit remover or w/e.

He purposely didn't try to prove his power when given the opportunity. Doesn't matter that now he has claimed and wants to prove it.

You and him trying to shade ppl who didn't vote a supposed modifier that may help him prove his power looks funny as well.
You clearly did made it about more than the modifier votes and shaded Brazil for not utilizing his role the first chance available.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
tK8C1Pj.gif

It was at that point that Fantomas realized the current game state had driven him mad.

UyI9hOT.gif

He no longer had any reads worth sharing.

vQ3LdIg.gif

They could be anywhere.

qJ1JyXQ.gif

All hope seemed lost.

But then...

A ray of hope.

A way to try to make some sense of things.

Ok, maybe I won't completely check out of the game yet.

Let me give some thought to this.

LP and Malus could have both been Scum, and Scum wouldn't be able to get recruited. If they are looking for Vanilla Town in specific, not someone who might be Scum or could get lynched for being scummy and exposing the Cult like what happened to Saw.
So, LP could be scum.

He wouldnt be cult, with how he voted for saw.
The way he acted like either vote didnt matter to him doesnt look good for him either.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Is my browser messed up or natiko's day 6 voting not showing up?
Shows for me.

Why isnt LP on there?

Because LP is probably scum, he voted Saw at a time that actually broke a tiebreaker too initially.

They didn't know Malus was vanilla town as the votes piled up, and once he claimed there was no use in trying to move off of him to convert him because doing so meant killing an already converted person in Saw? Lol

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
So, LP could be scum.

He wouldnt be cult, with how he voted for saw.
The way he acted like either vote didnt matter to him doesnt look good for him either.
He was my top Scum read coming into today based on his not-so-hot EoD there, yeah. I'm sure there's barely anything to point to otherwise for him since Town has been up for lynches since he joined the game, so it's whatever. He is probably just Scum here though, yeah.

Vote: Lone_Prodigy

rac

Oct 25, 2017
oh btw fanto think back to the chat

i told you saw was town, would i be so blatant

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
This is also how I feel about me and about this game.

I've also never played with a cult before I don't think. Only reviewed one. But I was doing the math last night and I cannot possibly see how we have two whole separate neutrals AND a neutral cult. AND it crossed out Sneeks' role. So I don't know if old roles/claims even matter if someone gets converted.

But it does make me think there may be fewer scum than we had assumed.

Okay, gonna eat real quick and then catch up on the rest, just skimming for now. Just got home.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Bullshit lol I made the point that people may not have wanted him to be able to verify his role and you responded with:

And doubled down with:

You clearly did made it about more than the modifier votes and shaded Brazil for not utilizing his role the first chance available.
uh....that still is talking about the modifier talk and you saying there was an effort to make sure brazil couldnt prove his power.

Looks like the same thing to me.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Fireblend

I may have missed it, but why did you handle the shot the way you did?
=================

What is the priority for this day phase? Looking for cultists on scum?