• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
A+ Fireblend lol

I don't know what the fuck happened yesterday or why so close to eod but it worked out since we got Sneeks' flip and found out about the cult. I'm out for another hour or two because Wednesday is a long day but I wanted to get in here right away to say DONTBELIEVEHISLIES.GIF

also, Brazil, seriously? We have Flux, Fanto, CeeCee all confirmed to semi confirmed and BRAZIL is dead?

vote: Sorian
or Febe

Oh yeah, Mr. Confirmed Town lolol scum knows the game. I assumed you did the math, if you're town you're fucked if you don't lynch another cultist today, if you're scum, you hope this somehow helps you out of that hole, and if you're a cultist, bugger off, you don't need to bug the survivor with the situation you're in.

I haven't lied about my role and I'm not a cultist (neutrals can't even be converted I asked and you probably can too) so have fun if I'm the lynch :D

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Vote: Sorian

I've never done it before, so I just wanted to do it. I can, cuz fuck it, what's even going on right now? Lol.

Who's lying? Someone is. You two "Neutrals" out here telling me that there's a fucking third Neutral too, and they are a fucking Cultist who at least turned Sawneeks into a Neutral as well?

Get outta here.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
FACT #2: Very clever, Flux, my friend. I, in fact, won The Price is Right, with a brilliant guess of $72, $4.48 away from the actual price. Little did I know this display of wisdom, this fateful event, would precede a cataclysm of my own doing.
I figured. It was either that, or Star Wars gave Blarg some kind of power.

You're never getting Pineapple Pizza. But the cult stuff is interesting, so I guess that works as a gift, while you get to deal with this along with us.

Fantomas is part of the cult and was probably recruited before Cabot died. Thus the crazy emphasis on his town alignment after his Mason role was "confirmed."

So this is my first game with a cult. Typically, they start with 1 leader on D1, who recruits every night phase, correct? Being D7, that's... something. Only one I believe isn't part of it is Dr. Monkey, everyone else is suspect.

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica

I've never done it before, so I just wanted to do it. I can, cuz fuck it, what's even going on right now? Lol.

Who's lying? Someone is. You two "Neutrals" out here telling me that there's a fucking third Neutral too, and they are a fucking Cultist who at least turned Sawneeks into a Neutral as well?

Get outta here.
Read my post. Wait for a counterclaim. Weigh the facts, not your emotions. Do not be deceived.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Get outta here.

Sure sure

I bet they lapped up a free mason claim real quick.

If you want logic for a second, why would I ever be truthful about being neutral if I knew a cult was about? But i doubt you want logic.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

You're never getting Pineapple Pizza. But the cult stuff is interesting, so I guess that works as a gift, while you get to deal with this along with us.

Fantomas is part of the cult and was probably recruited before Cabot died. Thus the crazy emphasis on his town alignment after his Mason role was "confirmed."

So this is my first game with a cult. Typically, they start with 1 leader on D1, who recruits every night phase, correct? Being D7, that's... something. Only one I believe isn't part of it is Dr. Monkey, everyone else is suspect.

Oh yeah, another #sorianhottake, here's someone else who has been riding high playing a shit game with a free town read.

But hey, what do I know.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Ooooh, interesting, tell me why.
Just s feeling.

I feel his interactions with me have been very surface level and just created noise.

Me saying the day vig doesn't clear cc.
Me saying brazil has the chance to clear himself.

On both topics he came in arguing things I never said, like a distraction.

I also don't like how much he townread smells.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
This game sucks balls now.

What is even going on.

I don't care.

I flip Town if you kill me though, not Neutral, so GG if anyone baits you guys into that one.

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I will help town for as long as I have to until either it or some other faction decides to free me from this cursed existence. I'm sure there's a way to fit the numbers such that my departure will tilt the game in favor of *someone*.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil is a strange kill - guessing scum were hoping to pick off a cultist? That or he was about to pivot towards scum and they feared him more than Fanto.

I did a bit of looking back at previous games our community has had with cults since I've never played in one before. Suffice it to say they usually have some limiting factor on who all they can actually recruit, but they don't always have a cap on who is recruitable. I'm guessing in this instance they can only recruit vanilla town.

Pretyped:

Well, that was a good plot twist, if it wasn't because it probably completely screwed me over.

I'm gonna preempt obvious accusation with: No, I'm not part of a cult. I've said nothing but the truth. I wonder if this was gonna happen all along regardless of that extra Sneeks flip, but I'm sure it didn't help =/

I considered self voting but that's kinda shitty. I'll be around to repeat myself all day, but we all know how this day ends already... is what I would say if I was not a fighter. But I am!

I know I can't appeal to your emotions, but what can you do... against cold hard facts?

MUSIC! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyLWf7dJ_hQ

==================
== FACT SHEET ==
==================

FACT #1: Despite what you may now believe, dear reader, I am not part of the cult. In fact, despite becoming an easy cover for it today, it hates me. It wants my head. I have wounded it deeply and it yearns for my blood. Why? Read on. All will be revealed...

FACT #2: Very clever, Flux, my friend. I, in fact, won The Price is Right, with a brilliant guess of $72, $4.48 away from the actual price. Little did I know this display of wisdom, this fateful event, would precede a cataclysm of my own doing.

FACT #3: Thanks to my honed price-guessing skills, accrued over years of good financial planning and frugal spending, I was given a secret vigilante shot, which I carefully guarded. Said shot was flavored as a Kingkitty bomb, hence the traces of such a creature in Malus' elimination notice. Oh, but it would turn against its master!

FACT #4: Yes. I killed Malus and in turn caused Sawneek's death. Why? I figured there was scum between those two and, being blind to my own ambitions, led by greed, wanted to leave town with a
parting gift. (Plus I never get to do cool stuff...) And what a parting gift I gave you, dear players; my own head on a silver platter!

FACT #5: Behold the phase modifier votes, dear reader. Ponder its fluctuations. If in fact I had a cult behind me, would it not have helped me? Why would I have exposed my companions by killing one of our own? Would I still have insisted that people free me from this miserable existence? These are things you have to ask yourself.

FINAL FACT: I exposed the cult. I'm responsible for Sawneeks death. Despite appearances, I have nothing to do with that secret faction and my intentions remain pure.

Things look grim. Now a convenient shield for both scum and a mysterious cult, my objective seems farther from reach. But I see a light shining ahead, and I shall try to grasp it. It is with these facts that I bare my soul to you, dear reader, having never lied, having never intended what was to happen at high noon yesterday. I beg for release. Never in my life did I think I'd find myself fighting for an aliment so vile as pineapple pizza, but evidently the cruel mistress of fate had different plans for me.

===============

So, Pineapple Pizza for next modifier?
I absolutely was ready to come in here and vote you out, but the vig shot is definitely a point in your favor. That being said:

Wow, after such an amazing day end, what a cop out on the "bastard" modifiers. Sucks for people who are still town, amazing that this game is closer to ending than I thought. I'll be over here acting like a shit bag if you need me.
You have to be cult then right? No way the game has that many neutrals. It would have been nigh unwinnable for town even if the scum team is smaller than anticipated.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I will help town for as long as I have to until either it or some other faction decides to free me from this cursed existence. I'm sure there's a way to fit the numbers such that my departure will tilt the game in favor of *someone*.

Your logic is sound so you aren't a cultist and you must be telling the truth on the neutral thing because why present that out of left field for no reason? So I have bad news for you, they're never going to let you win, they can't afford to lose you as a body in the game.

I tried for you.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Oh yeah, another #sorianhottake, here's someone else who has been riding high playing a shit game with a free town read.

But hey, what do I know.
I object to my game being "shit" (though there've been stumbles being out of this for a while). The town read wasn't "free," either, and was a result of my counter-claim that got scum lynched.

And I wouldn't point fingers if I were you. Although seeing Brazil's flip kinda gives me pause, I never completely bought your survivor claim, and it could very well be you're actually a cult member too.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil is a strange kill - guessing scum were hoping to pick off a cultist? That or he was about to pivot towards scum and they feared him more than Fanto.

I did a bit of looking back at previous games our community has had with cults since I've never played in one before. Suffice it to say they usually have some limiting factor on who all they can actually recruit, but they don't always have a cap on who is recruitable. I'm guessing in this instance they can only recruit vanilla town.

I absolutely was ready to come in here and vote you out, but the vig shot is definitely a point in your favor. That being said:

You have to be cult then right? No way the game has that many neutrals. It would have been nigh unwinnable for town even if the scum team is smaller than anticipated.

3 neutrals in a 27 player game? No? The issue for town here is they took 7 days to find a cult, that's what is making this unwinnable for them.

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Your logic is sound so you aren't a cultist and you must be telling the truth on the neutral thing because why present that out of left field for no reason? So I have bad news for you, they're never going to let you win, they can't afford to lose you as a body in the game.

I tried for you.
Like I said, I'll keep fighting for my freedom. I appreciate your help btw <3

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017

If this game follows a majorty of the ones I looked at last night I wouldn't be so sure of that lol

Just s feeling.

I feel his interactions with me have been very surface level and just created noise.

Me saying the day vig doesn't clear cc.
Me saying brazil has the chance to clear himself.

On both topics he came in arguing things I never said, like a distraction.

I also don't like how much he townread smells.
Uh, I don't think I did either of the things you accused me of. Quotes please lol

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Fantomas can you vote for Pineapple Pizza tonight before requesting your replacement pls :3

(I'm kidding, don't go </3 but also do vote for pizza)

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I object to my game being "shit" (though there've been stumbles being out of this for a while). The town read wasn't "free," either, and was a result of my counter-claim that got scum lynched.

And I wouldn't point fingers if I were you. Although seeing Brazil's flip kinda gives me pause, I never completely bought your survivor claim, and it could very well be you're actually a cult member too.

Lynch me then :)

And be damn sure I'm a cultist because unless they screwed this horribly there's 5 or 6 of them out there and not a very healthy roster left.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Once I have access to a computer I'm going to go back and look over reactions to turmoil and AB's claim since they both may have had the cult pushing them to survive/provide info. I actually suspect Saw was specifically converted N1 for that very reason.

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
There's no way Blarg is town, right? I mentioned he claimed all possible alignments to me on our boat chat, and I'm starting to believe he wasn't joking lol. He did want Sneeks to be lynched yesterday though.

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Also Blarg, you promised me your pizza vote in exchange for me removing my Malus vote, which I did >:(

Kind of hypocritical of me to complain since I ended up killing Malus anyway, but still!

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
If this game follows a majorty of the ones I looked at last night I wouldn't be so sure of that lol
Okay, so there'd be a restriction of some kind on how they recruit. It's true that Sawneeks was vanilla, so sure, maybe that's what it is. But with Fantomas being a Mason, I'm not certain that that'd be it, either.
Lynch me then :)

And be damn sure I'm a cultist because unless they screwed this horribly there's 5 or 6 of them out there and not a very healthy roster left.
For all we know, the cult's win condition might not even be related to achieving some majority, but having something to do with activating certain modifiers, like whatever Star Wars did.

Along with what Natiko suggested, I find it hard to believe we'd be just discovering this on D7 if we were close to LYLO/MYLO (I guess is what's referred to?).

Like Fireblend, you're not going to achieve your win condition. Either we lynch you eventually and get the uncertainty out of the way, or you get killed by scum like how Brazil was.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I mean you can literally go look at other games in our community that disagree with that. Call of Cthulu for instance.

Notice that cthulhu didn't have a neutral that could win with any other faction. It was written that way because both scum teams were mini-cults that were competing. Come on now Natiko, you know better than this.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Also Blarg, you promised me your pizza vote in exchange for me removing my Malus vote, which I did >:(

Kind of hypocritical of me to complain since I ended up killing Malus anyway, but still!
He promised me we'd vote on McDonalds, though.

Not dealing with modifier votes that have weird ulterior motives anymore. I'm going for the unpredictable ??? stuff.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Notice that cthulhu didn't have a neutral that could win with any other faction. It was written that way because both scum teams were mini-cults that were competing. Come on now Natiko, you know better than this.
I legitimately have no clue how a survivor would work with a cult because no other game I looked at had that interaction. All I know is the wincon isn't always just "have a majority" which you then tried to deny.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, so there'd be a restriction of some kind on how they recruit. It's true that Sawneeks was vanilla, so sure, maybe that's what it is. But with Fantomas being a Mason, I'm not certain that that'd be it, either.

For all we know, the cult's win condition might not even be related to achieving some majority, but having something to do with activating certain modifiers, like whatever Star Wars did.

Along with what Natiko suggested, I find it hard to believe we'd be just discovering this on D7 if we were close to LYLO/MYLO (I guess is what's referred to?).

Like Fireblend, you're not going to achieve your win condition. Either we lynch you eventually and get the uncertainty out of the way, or you get killed by scum like how Brazil was.

Scum shouldn't give a shit about me. Either I'm a survivor or cultist. Either I can win with them in the first case or they'll leave me alone because their only chance of getting onto an even playing field is hoping town devours itself trying to find said cultists. With this many neutrals scum has one person left MAYBE two if they're lucky.

And you don't have time for "getting uncertainty out of the way" You either bet and lynch me now or you don't and I probably win.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
How do you know the "unpredictable stuff" is not tied to "weird ulterior motives"?
Because people flocked to certain votes before, and those are never part of it. McDonalds had no one rallying for it back when I first voted for it in a previous night phase, and neither did RNG. Bar 2's kind of a weird one, though.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I legitimately have no clue how a survivor would work with a cult because no other game I looked at had that interaction. All I know is the wincon isn't always just "have a majority" which you then tried to deny.

Except it is, that is literally what a cult does, sometimes they also have to make sure no other killing roles are present since some mods don't want to have to deal with that interaction but even that is rare. You quoted cthulhu which was from this community's infancy and was before we had standardized win cons. .