• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
so you want a thunderdome huh?

gotta admit ive been skimming your posts since last game i thought you were scum the whole game

why do you think fran has flipped from not wanting to be leader to wanting it?
to look more scummy?
to take pressure off someone this early?

so if you get your way and fran turns up town what then? you mean for us to kill you next?

He didn't filp on not wanting to be leader. He still doesn't want to be leader because he doesn't want to take the fall for it, but he's also positive I'm scum.

Sure. Kill me next. I don't think he's going to turn up town though.

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
Re: cabot

While he had a lot of (decently positive) chatter, what he didn't get was votes. He peaked at 4 and then lost votes, so it makes you sort of wonder what all the chatter was for. And by whom.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
Trying to seriously engage with Blarg's ramblings on day 1 is a trap.

Why wouldn't we engage with Blarg D1?

Honestly I feel that you are doing the same thing that Faddy did with Sophia. You are using a meta read with Blarg and thinking that everyone that doesn't agree with you is wrong.

OP
OP
The Bear

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 1 VOTES ====
Day Start

brazil (7 votes)
natiko - #845
fandorin - #1,046
malus - #1,157
cabot - #1,193
blargonaut - #1,275
fantomas - #1,288
brazil - #1,331

stanleypalmtree (7 votes)
dr. monkey - #736
sorian - #1,049
blargonaut - #1,126 #1,210
fluxwavez - #1,130
stanleypalmtree - #1,207
turmoil7 - #1,269
absolutbro - #1,286
fireblend - #1,291

geno (2 votes)
geno - #77
rac - #1,097

fandorin (2 votes)
brazil - #172 #1,331
dr. monkey - #565 #736
thechuggernaut - #576
turmoil7 - #1,012 #1,151
faddy - #1,292

stanley palmtree (1 votes)
zubz - #1,125

cabot (1 votes)
kawl - #591 #591
fireblend - #707 #1,291
blargonaut - #1,210 #1,275
fran - #1,218

ceecee (1 votes)
ceecee - #670

sorian (1 votes)
terraforce - #104
rac - #510 #828
fireblend - #692 #707

zubz (1 votes)
pirate bae - #1,145

terraforce (0 votes)
shadowswordmaster - #85 #85

kyanrute (0 votes)
cabot - #657 #1,179

fireblend (0 votes)
fandorin - #324 #715

blargonaut (0 votes)
faddy - #94 #965
blargonaut - #329 #1,126
sophia - #376 #389

fluxwavez (0 votes)
zubz - #101 #582
sophia - #132 #376
sophia - #389 #389

pirate bae (0 votes)
fantomas - #899 #1,288
turmoil7 - #1,151 #1,269

rac (0 votes)
rac - #828 #1,097

natiko (0 votes)
natiko - #79 #845
faddy - #965 #1,292

Post Counts:
blargonaut: 143 dr. monkey: 88 cabot: 87 fran: 87 sorian: 78 geno: 73 fantomas: 57 thechuggernaut: 51 fandorin: 50 faddy: 50 terraforce: 49 brazil: 48 pirate bae: 48 fireblend: 48 natiko: 47 sophia: 40 rac: 30 fluxwavez: 28 grizzly: 27 stanleypalmtree: 23 kyanrute: 23 ceecee: 18 zubz: 18 ketkat: 14 kawl: 13 malus: 13 turmoil7: 12 absolutbro: 8 giant panda: 5 shadowswordmaster: 3

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Here is the list
I'd say my most up to date shot list is:

Ketkat

Geno

Kyanrute
Zubz
Kawl

Kyan has been quieter than I expected and currently hasn't really been productive enough to warrant ignoring as a lynch choice. Zubz is a difficult one. I've struggled to read them before and I remember a previous game I watched where they played similar to this and became a rather easy mislynch. I'd shoot to eliminate a diffficult read.

Kawl, friend, you've not given much of anything and I can't read you very well at the best of times, so in the vein of zubz, you'd be considered a shot.

I'm willing to hold on CeeCee, because I can usually read him pretty well, much better than Sophia anyhoo.

I've softened a bit on Geno, though he is clearly above the other three because its more than a difficult read.

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
turmoil7 you mentioned that you were bothered how easily Fandorin gained soft support from various people. How do you feel about people giving Stan actual support and do you feel that their reasoning behind the support given as been adequate?

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
@FluxWaveZ Did I miss why you slid quietly into this Stanley vote?
That ain't quiet. With election time coming to an end and the fact that I'd rather have a vote than not, that seemed like a good enough time than any to just pile up on someone, and I like Stanley's vibe. His kill list is so-so for me, but it's as decent as anyone else's to me right now.

I'm less sure about Brazil, especially due to that Sophia/CeeCee defense earlier.

rac

Oct 25, 2017
Who would your real first pick be, rac? If you posted and I missed it, please point me.

geno
theres no real value in voting for someone who already put out a kill list i think
the most we can get with that is saying "well they did what they said they were going to do"

this is still d1 and you can make an argument about anything so im not positive about all the noise we've gotten in the thread so far

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Why wouldn't we engage with Blarg D1?

Honestly I feel that you are doing the same thing that Faddy did with Sophia. You are using a meta read with Blarg and thinking that everyone that doesn't agree with you is wrong.

You can do whatever you want, I didn't tell Brazil not to engage, I said seeing him do it brought a smile to my face because I know how futile it is. There's nothing to be right or wrong about here, the extent of a read I've given on Blarg is I think I can see the solving that Indic I ages town Blarg but it's too early to really tell.

Nice try putting words in my mouth though.

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm more interested in seeing what Brazil does with the leadership position than stan. And the votes on stan are all too wishy-washy for me as it is.

Vote: Brazil

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That ain't quiet. With election time coming to an end and the fact that I'd rather have a vote than not, that seemed like a good enough time than any to just pile up on someone, and I like Stanley's vibe. His kill list is so-so for me, but it's as decent as anyone else's to me right now.

I'm less sure about Brazil, especially due to that Sophia/CeeCee defense earlier.

A vote with no reasonin places right after Stanley gains the lead isn't quiet?

This post just reads like you fixing the reasoning issue now.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
You can do whatever you want, I didn't tell Brazil not to engage, I said seeing him do it brought a smile to my face because I know how futile it is. There's nothing to be right or wrong about here, the extent of a read I've given on Blarg is I think I can see the solving that Indic I ages town Blarg but it's too early to really tell.

Nice try putting words in my mouth though.

But you did a similar thing when I said that Blarg was just being noise before and I think you did something similar with someone else.

I did. It feels like you backtracked because I caught you in it.

This is not what this post says:

He didn't filp on not wanting to be leader. He still doesn't want to be leader because he doesn't want to take the fall for it, but he's also positive I'm scum.

Sure. Kill me next. I don't think he's going to turn up town though.

It's the complete opposite of what that post said. You are not even making sense right now.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
geno
theres no real value in voting for someone who already put out a kill list i think
the most we can get with that is saying "well they did what they said they were going to do"

this is still d1 and you can make an argument about anything so im not positive about all the noise we've gotten in the thread so far
Can't speak for anyone else, but as for the last point, I feel like there's plenty that might become useful later.

Can't agree with the other, though. I get why people would support that but I am firmly against just handing day one to someone without some sense of what follows. People make a lot of bad choices day one for a lot of weird reasons.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
A vote with no reasonin places right after Stanley gains the lead isn't quiet?

This post just reads like you fixing the reasoning issue now.
I don't consider a "suspicious" series of votes on a same person to be in any way "quiet", no.

I'm not fixing the reasoning, I didn't say my reason at all before, and this is it. StanleyPalmtree is basically someone I wouldn't mind seeing the leader, and I'd like for my vote to count, so adding it to several works.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I'm more interested in seeing what Brazil does with the leadership position than stan. And the votes on stan are all too wishy-washy for me as it is.

Vote: Brazil
Why? What do you think Stan would do with it, or that Brazil would do that Stan wouldn't? Which votes are wishy washy? Can you build this out?

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
'Sup? I'm talking about the exchange you had with Sorian a couple pages back, where you were saying that people scum reading Sophia was targeting low hanging fruit.
That's some fine selective reading right there.

The whole Sophia thing is a mess. So much pearl-clutching over what amounts essentially to a bunch of meta reads. Her posts around Blarg are weird, and the amount of people who jumped at that shade/vote combo smells of people grasping at low-hanging fruits. That's it. Going beyond that in an argument after Sophia was replaced and CeeCee clearly said he wouldn't be around seems like straight-up busy work.

cabot

Oct 25, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
giphy.gif

ow my head.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Are we really between Stan and Brazil?

Stan is kind of the idealised candidate in that he isn't here to prod and poke holes in. He is definitely only on this due to his rep. Maybe it is a good thing and we get a good read on things from how he handles the shot.

Brazil is kind of fluffy in a lot of his posts. On a quick re-read he has kind of just floated by offering a few opinions every so often. I'm not sure about him at all.

..if it is between the two I will go for Stan

CeeCee

Oct 25, 2017
i admire your ability to do nothing and subsequently believe you can lead CeeCee.

Tory Syndrome at its finest.

We're taking back control of this game Cab. The people have had enough of experts and their "balanced games" and "sensible design". We're going to take back our lynches, and use them all on Sorian.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
What's selective reading? I don't see how that contradicts what I said.
I never defended Sophia. I literally said that her posts around Blarg are weird in that post. And I also never said that all the people scumreading her where targeting low-hanging fruits. I said that

the amount of people who jumped at that shade/vote combo smells of people grasping at low-hanging fruits
As in, the amount of people who did that is suspicious.

Faddy, who was the one defending Sophia, is the one that did what I criticized in that post the most.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I do think there's useful stuff here. But I also think some people are spinning their wheels.

I'm full of good opinions right now. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Damned tempted to vote someone out of the blue just to see if anyone moves. Feels like a lot of people are skating.

cabot

Oct 25, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
I don't have any specific reads, but I am pretty confused on why people are voting for Stanley as the leader. It feels like there has been a crap-ton of discussion on who would be best to pick and who we can trust and then all of the people on his vote seemed to just pick him for no particular reason or in Sorian's case liking the idea that he's a wild card and can make things predictable. Why are you all jumping onto this train in particular after all of this discussion?

giphy.gif

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I never defended Sophia. I literally said that her posts around Blarg are weird in that post. And I also never said that all the people scumreading her where targeting low-hanging fruits. I said that

Faddy, who was the one defending Sophia, is the one that did what I criticized in that post the most.
Honestly, I read your post the way he did. I don't think it was clearly framed around what you meant until you broke it down like this.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

Meh, same difference. It's hedging bets on pretty much my only main target right now without having the will to take a hard stance.

Either way, certainly doesn't make me want to see you being the leader over Stanley.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
But you did a similar thing when I said that Blarg was just being noise before and I think you did something similar with someone else.

This is not what this post says:

It's the complete opposite of what that post said. You are not even making sense right now.

Yeah, I was more direct to you and Sophia on my thoughts, Sophia especially so since that take was so hot it just make me hit quote instantly. Now that we've gottten to Brazil who is newer (in the grand scheme of the length of this whole community) I've already made my main point so I heckled.

——

I didn't quote FluxWaveZ but sure, it's not suspicious until someone called it suspicious and if it did just slide through it would have been an easy sheeping if the votes but you're arguing circle logic at this point so whatever, you're still on my kill list.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I do think there's useful stuff here. But I also think some people are spinning their wheels.

I'm full of good opinions right now. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Damned tempted to vote someone out of the blue just to see if anyone moves. Feels like a lot of people are skating.
I feel like a lot of people are saying they want someone other than Brazil or Stan, but I'm not seeing any votes. Who would you go for instead?

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I don't have any specific reads, but I am pretty confused on why people are voting for Stanley as the leader. It feels like there has been a crap-ton of discussion on who would be best to pick and who we can trust and then all of the people on his vote seemed to just pick him for no particular reason or in Sorian's case liking the idea that he's a wild card and can make things predictable. Why are you all jumping onto this train in particular after all of this discussion?
Thanks for quoting this, cabot. I'd forgotten about it.

So you pick Brazil to see what he'd do with it? Which is not really a particular reason? Just an eh, okay, sure!

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like a lot of people are saying they want someone other than Brazil or Stan, but I'm not seeing any votes. Who would you go for instead?
I don't know. If I did, I'd probably vote just to see, but I'm also a relatively conservative d1 player so just making waves for waves sake also feels like maybe a bad idea.

decision paralysis, yay