• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
I don't have any specific reads, but I am pretty confused on why people are voting for Stanley as the leader. It feels like there has been a crap-ton of discussion on who would be best to pick and who we can trust and then all of the people on his vote seemed to just pick him for no particular reason or in Sorian's case liking the idea that he's a wild card and can make things predictable. Why are you all jumping onto this train in particular after all of this discussion?
The masses are settling for a discount rational Blargonaut thinking they're going to learn more from this than picking rational me outright.

rac

Oct 25, 2017
what the hell are we even supposed to do with all these agreeable kill lists

ok ok here's my kill list guys

fran
chuggs
two other people who had a minor d1 squabble
throw in some low post counts here

OP
OP
The Bear

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 1 VOTES ====
Day Start

stanleypalmtree (7 votes)
dr. monkey - #736
sorian - #1,049
blargonaut - #1,126 #1,210
fluxwavez - #1,130
stanleypalmtree - #1,207
turmoil7 - #1,269
absolutbro - #1,286
fireblend - #1,291

brazil (6 votes)
natiko - #845
fandorin - #1,046
malus - #1,157
cabot - #1,193
blargonaut - #1,275
fantomas - #1,288

fandorin (3 votes)
brazil - #172
dr. monkey - #565 #736
thechuggernaut - #576
turmoil7 - #1,012 #1,151
faddy - #1,292

geno (2 votes)
geno - #77
rac - #1,097

stanley palmtree (1 votes)
zubz - #1,125

cabot (1 votes)
kawl - #591 #591
fireblend - #707 #1,291
blargonaut - #1,210 #1,275
fran - #1,218

ceecee (1 votes)
ceecee - #670

sorian (1 votes)
terraforce - #104
rac - #510 #828
fireblend - #692 #707

zubz (1 votes)
pirate bae - #1,145

terraforce (0 votes)
shadowswordmaster - #85 #85

kyanrute (0 votes)
cabot - #657 #1,179

fireblend (0 votes)
fandorin - #324 #715

blargonaut (0 votes)
faddy - #94 #965
blargonaut - #329 #1,126
sophia - #376 #389

fluxwavez (0 votes)
zubz - #101 #582
sophia - #132 #376
sophia - #389 #389

pirate bae (0 votes)
fantomas - #899 #1,288
turmoil7 - #1,151 #1,269

rac (0 votes)
rac - #828 #1,097

natiko (0 votes)
natiko - #79 #845
faddy - #965 #1,292

Post Counts:
blargonaut: 143 cabot: 87 fran: 85 dr. monkey: 80 geno: 70 sorian: 70 fantomas: 56 thechuggernaut: 50 terraforce: 49 fandorin: 48 fireblend: 47 natiko: 47 pirate bae: 46 faddy: 46 brazil: 44 sophia: 40 fluxwavez: 28 rac: 27 grizzly: 26 stanleypalmtree: 23 kyanrute: 22 zubz: 18 ketkat: 14 ceecee: 13 kawl: 13 malus: 13 turmoil7: 12 absolutbro: 6 giant panda: 5 shadowswordmaster: 3

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
Pirate Bae you still around?

I believe you said Geno and Chugg were your top two Scum reads right now, right?

What do you make of the Chugg vs. Fran posts lately?

And then your thoughts on the latest batch of Geno posts?

Geno's latest contributions have done nothing to change my opinion of him. It still stands the same as before.

Re: Chuggs vs. Fran, I don't really remember it as I kind of skimmed over things as I was waking up. Mind linking me the posts?

Would you really vote for someone to be a leader without knowing who they were scumreading? That doesn't sound feasible.

Does it matter? They can say they're scumreading one person and then go "sike!" and lynch someone completely different.

Ultimately the power shift of today is a risk. Sure, knowing who they scumread is nice, but it isn't a guarantee at all. I'd rather vote for someone who I want to know more about rather than who'd they'd kill.

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Considering Stan has a shot now, I'm feeling a bit of an unspoken resistance against Brazil, especially since the tiebreaker between the two amounts to gut.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Re: Chuggs vs. Fran, I don't really remember it as I kind of skimmed over things as I was waking up. Mind linking me the posts?
Here's Chugg's big scum read post about Fran, and then Fran's response:
Alright, let's look at some Fran votes today.

Fran seems not to trust with deciding the kill on day 1. This seems fine at a glance.

Fran gives a list of players he trust. Keep in mind some of the players here.

This is Fran saying he can change his mind on some of his reads from that list, but I'm thinking it's more of an excuse for when they start giving reads that Fran isn't down with.

Some players are good at giving reads early game with no info. Fran doesn't think he's one of them.

Fran's saying he's would go after the leader depending on how the day shakes out.

Sorian has made top 2!

Then we have some scum reading of Malus. Brazil already did a good job at pointing out some issues here, so I'll just quote him.

Fran realizes the read isn't going over well and to avoid becoming the center of the conversation, he quickly jumps to a new, shinier, bus in the very next bus.

And then we have some scum reading of me for a bit while arguing for a couple of posts with one of his most trusted early town readers, Sorian before we finally hit this last post.

Fran, who is afraid of being leader because he doesn't think he makes good decisions early day is now completely confident that I'm scum.

So what was the best case scenario, Fran? Have someone not you pull the trigger on killing me and then let them take the fall after I flipped?

All of this is inconsistent at best. Fran is scum. We should go after Fran. I'm not letting this go.
This was less than 24hs into the game. Of course it can change. This is barely an excuse.

This is the same bullshit that Sorian tried to use. Even if I don't think I'm good making reads D1 If I spot someone making a slip I'm going to go after it. It doesn't matter if it's D1, D2 or D10. You gave a read based on a false argument after being called out because you were parroting other players. Do I let it slip because it's D1?

I never gave scum reads of Malus. Show me where I did that? I though that his plan was shit but never said that I scumreaded him.

Again this is first grade bullshit.

So what was the best case scenario, Fran? Have someone not you pull the trigger on killing me and then let them take the fall after I flipped?

I have been very explicit that I want to lynch you, how could I not be responsable either way you flip?. But sure, I changed my mind. If everyone vote for me I will lynch Chugger and will take 100% for it. That sure I am that I have a good

Did you looked at Chugger town read on Malus? What do you think about it?

But you post doesn't read as you see me as scum. It's just a meta read but after that you said that you felt better about me after some posts. You gave the most middle ground read possible so you could use it for anything.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Considering Stan has a shot now, I'm feeling a bit of an unspoken resistance against Brazil, especially since the tiebreaker between the two amounts to gut.

Brazil is still in with a shout here. If anything there is open resistance to Cabot who is the only reasonable candidate that lost votes

Geno

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Thessaloniki
Nvm I completely misunderstood Kyan's post, I don't know, if pressed I will give it to the person who won't kill me.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Does it matter? They can say they're scumreading one person and then go "sike!" and lynch someone completely different.

Ultimately the power shift of today is a risk. Sure, knowing who they scumread is nice, but it isn't a guarantee at all. I'd rather vote for someone who I want to know more about rather than who'd they'd kill.
First of all, of course it matters. You're beholden to what you say you're going to do. The leader needs to justify what they do.

This post doesn't make any sense relative to your last one.

That being said, I think announcing your kill list kind of defeats the purpose of "let's see what they do" and have them act on the fly since we already have some idea of how things will turn out. I get it, but I don't necessarily agree with the tactic. I don't think it's a bad move, I'd just rather see something different if I had to choose.
Here you're complaining that sharing kill lists is bad because they eliminate the surprise factor and cause predictability.

And now you're saying that sharing kill lists "is nice", but that it's a problem because they don't actually mean anything, and the leader can still act unpredictably.

Whcih is it?

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
My resistance to Brazil was spoken. I would not lynch him, but he's on my list of nopes for leader.
Yours is and I understand your position.
Brazil is still in with a shout here. If anything there is open resistance to Cabot who is the only reasonable candidate that lost votes
Hard to consider the vote split between the three, but I agree nonetheless that Cabot had a lot of mentions along the day that didn't end up getting traction.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The argument now is about the number of people who called her scum. Not whether Sophia/CeeCee is scum.

Talking about meta. I was fine with you but that long ramble only contains 1 swear and a lot of big words.

Also Blarg is the top poster, the protagonist of the thread really.

If I see anything at all wrong with Stanley, it's that his usual anger feels forced, especially his rants this morning but that's happened before. I don't think I've ever seen scum Stanley? And I will admit that I've been debating my read as more votes come in for him to lead but I don't think this is much out his range (all this analysis for what may have been a joke from you, not sure)

Who was it, besides Blarg, that sheeped and voted for Stan back when Monkey switched votes?

Flux with no reasoning. Zubz completely owning that he was sheeping.

But to what end? Do you really think scum would push one of their own so hard? Unless there's a bunch of scum on these accepted kill lists, it feels like it's more likely the leader misses anyway.

CeeCee

Oct 25, 2017
Hi, CeeCee. Much love. You smell a little scummish tho so dig thy beautiful self out of that hole, plz.

There is one strong argument which is in my favour:

I am always mass scum-read D1. Always. I can't think of a single game where that hasn't happened. So the fact that people think I'm acting scummily in fact means I'm behaving as normal.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
If I see anything at all wrong with Stanley, it's that his usual anger feels forced, especially his rants this morning but that's happened before. I don't think I've ever seen scum Stanley? And I will admit that I've been debating my read as more votes come in for him to lead but I don't think this is much out his range (all this analysis for what may have been a joke from you, not sure)
Only in Dark Souls, I think, was he scum. But in his last several games, Stan has very much played the curmudgeon (or just been more openly curmudgeonly), so it feels in line for me.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

I am always mass scum-read D1. Always. I can't think of a single game where that hasn't happened. So the fact that people think I'm acting scummily in fact means I'm behaving as normal.

You haven't done anything, the person you replaced did so this argument sinks immediately.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Only in Dark Souls, I think, was he scum. But in his last several games, Stan has very much played the curmudgeon (or just been more openly curmudgeonly), so it feels in line for me.

It felt slightly hammy today, kind of like how Fantomas felt hammy in conspiracy mafia when I should of switched off of Faddy to Fant but yeah, I know that's more in line with Stan, it's why I'm not moving but just wanted to put down that it's enough of a concern that I've been thinking about it.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil

That's... not really valid consdering how it's Sophia that people were scumreading, and not you.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Not true, several people who are scum reading me have said that my actions since joining are scummy (e.g. Terra).

Would love to see the exact post but all you've done is show up, take forever reading the thread, then leaves out on a plane so no, you really haven't done anything.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
It felt slightly hammy today, kind of like how Fantomas felt hammy in conspiracy mafia when I should of switched off of Faddy to Fant but yeah, I know that's more in line with Stan, it's why I'm not moving but just wanted to put down that it's enough of a concern that I've been thinking about it.
That's fair. I'll keep it in mind as a point of consideration.
Last time you agreed with me so much, I was scum.

Just hold that deep in your heart and let the suspicion fester.
I hate you a lot.

I mean, nicely, but. so much.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017

Flux with no reasoning. Zubz completely owning that he was sheeping.

But to what end? Do you really think scum would push one of their own so hard? Unless there's a bunch of scum on these accepted kill lists, it feels like it's more likely the leader misses anyway.

It was just a thought. I meta read Stan in got Mafia as him being more aggressive in tone is him being more town.

I mostly skimmed through a lot of his early posts with plenty of fucks thrown in. Just when I was reading that long ramble directed at me it was a bit less. It does feel like is playing up sometimes but maybe because of time zones and less people to talk to.

rac

Oct 25, 2017
well ill be gone when the voting comes to an end and if the choices are between stan and brazil i cant say that i care
all of you can just decide