• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
Actually one problem I have with Stan as leader is his timezone (I know, not really fair). As Monkey already pointed out, if he's asleep now, he will miss almost the whole latter half of Day 1.5. I feel the leader should be around during the most active hours of the actual lynch voting phase.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
Actually one problem I have with Stan as leader is his timezone (I know, not really fair). As Monkey already pointed out, if he's asleep now, he will miss almost the whole latter half of Day 1.5. I feel the leader should be around during the most active hours of the actual lynch voting phase.

It shouldn't be a problem for Stan as the EoD should be around 11AM and I think he said that he will be more free tomorrow.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
That's a Faddy issue more than anything to be honest. If Sophia is town, scum absolutely sheeped in there unless none of them happened to be around since it was such an easy thing to scrutinize but Faddy coming in hot with that hot take "expert opinion" because he had been scum with her before was a bit much and has me wondering if a scum Faddy would really expose himself that completely for a teammate, my gut says no but then my deeper gut also says I like to definitively call people town when I know they are so that I can have the "told you so" moment later which is why Faddy is in the back of my mind but he isn't today

Catching up.

I didn't even make a big deal of it at the time. i thought your read was wrong and I said why. After that a bunch of people still piled onto Sophia with no regard for the point I made. Only after it became a huge point of contention have I been forced to reiterate my read.

At the time I thought you were annoyed with me and have the perception that I just like to argue with you in the early game. That was dumb in conspiracy so I just said my point, called it a difference of opinion.

Giving an opinion based on two of her scum games is totally valid

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
What's the rationale for the Pirate Bae votes? I can kinda see Fanto's rationale even though i agree with Monkey that electing a leader so they're "easier to read" can backfire and is a bit nebulous to me as a method. Turmoil however has stayed on that vote for a while and I don't really see why from his post. Is that still your first choice turmoil7 ?

malus

Oct 30, 2017
I could also get behind Fandorin as leader. I quite liked his kill list and he hasn't set off any alarms for me yet.

Not sure about cabot. I don't really agree with his point of eliminating hard to read players to get them out of the way.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I've been chewing over those Stan votes all night and I'm feeling like they are probably inoffensive. I don't like the sheeping for no good reason, but I don't think it's a terrible bad thing. I don't think mafia would do it if Stan was also mafia, at least, so it feels... grimy but fine? I dunno. But I'd like to hear more about what you think.

Sudden aggro Brazil has me thinking hard but I don't know how to read it yet, so I'd say I'm the same here.

The way I inagine mafia thinking about this mechanic at the start is "hey, that would be cool if we get our guy in there but at the end of the day, it's probably not a huge deal" so I'd imagine most scum would just kind of float towards whatever. The reasoning of why people are choosing someone is what I care most about and I'm not even looking for that high of a bar considering my own reasoning is I don't think Stan is mafia and he'll probably go weird on his choice.

Meh, if he actually catches up before making a choice then I can't say I care that much. I don't think Stan is going to be super swayed by anything in the moment anyway so him not being around isn't a huge loss as long as others are participating.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Alrighty then, who would i be okay with murdering you ask?

uhhh.

Fran
Kawl (wait shit no he literally just dropped out)
rac
Malus
KetKat
CeeCee
Faddy
Geno

Who do i want to kill you ask?
I dont really know,
these are just the weidnesses that stuck out in a stuttered and feverously hot attempt to catch up.

Me and CeeCee aside this I am fine with this list.

Rac is the one I haven't seen any scum argument for. I remember Cabot said he would shoot him but not why

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Well, I think people should start putting down some votes. I understand that some won't vote for players that don't view this mechanic the same way they do, but most of the thread is past that discussion and we are still missing quite a few votes.

cabot

Oct 25, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland

Rac is the one I haven't seen any scum argument for. I remember Cabot said he would shoot him but not why

He's wasnt posting anything, then proceeded to want votes by offering safety to players instead of talking about who he'd actually go for.

He's behaved a little more normally overnight which has dropped him out of my immediate list.

OP
OP
The Bear

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 1 VOTES ====
Day Start

brazil (4 votes)
natiko - #845
fandorin - #1,046
malus - #1,157
cabot - #1,193

stanleypalmtree (4 votes)
dr. monkey - #736
sorian - #1,049
blargonaut - #1,126 #1,210
fluxwavez - #1,130
stanleypalmtree - #1,207

cabot (3 votes)
kawl - #591 #591
fireblend - #707
blargonaut - #1,210
fran - #1,218

geno (2 votes)
geno - #77
rac - #1,097

pirate bae (2 votes)
fantomas - #899
turmoil7 - #1,151

fandorin (2 votes)
brazil - #172
dr. monkey - #565 #736
thechuggernaut - #576
turmoil7 - #1,012 #1,151

stanley palmtree (1 votes)
zubz - #1,125

ceecee (1 votes)
ceecee - #670

sorian (1 votes)
terraforce - #104
rac - #510 #828
fireblend - #692 #707

zubz (1 votes)
pirate bae - #1,145

natiko (1 votes)
natiko - #79 #845
faddy - #965

terraforce (0 votes)
shadowswordmaster - #85 #85

kyanrute (0 votes)
cabot - #657 #1,179

fireblend (0 votes)
fandorin - #324 #715

blargonaut (0 votes)
faddy - #94 #965
blargonaut - #329 #1,126
sophia - #376 #389

fluxwavez (0 votes)
zubz - #101 #582
sophia - #132 #376
sophia - #389 #389

rac (0 votes)
rac - #828 #1,097

Post Counts:
blargonaut: 140 cabot: 85 fran: 81 dr. monkey: 77 sorian: 70 geno: 68 fantomas: 53 thechuggernaut: 50 terraforce: 49 natiko: 47 pirate bae: 46 fireblend: 44 fandorin: 43 faddy: 43 brazil: 42 sophia: 40 fluxwavez: 28 grizzly: 25 rac: 25 stanleypalmtree: 23 kyanrute: 20 zubz: 18 ceecee: 13 kawl: 13 ketkat: 12 malus: 12 turmoil7: 10 giant panda: 5 absolutbro: 5 shadowswordmaster: 3

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
What's the rationale for the Pirate Bae votes? I can kinda see Fanto's rationale even though i agree with Monkey that electing a leader so they're "easier to read" can backfire and is a bit nebulous to me as a method. Turmoil however has stayed on that vote for a while and I don't really see why from his post. Is that still your first choice turmoil7 ?
I can see both sides of the "easier to read" angle I suppose, but I'd also say that there is nothing about Pirate Bae that makes me think she is Scum so far, and as far as electing a Leader who thinks independently, she has displayed that quality I think. I say I don't trust her because I've never played Mafia with her before. I don't think I've seen any reasons against electing her, other than people personally preferring other candidates. I'm also fine with a Brazil vote as I've said, and would put my vote there too. I don't have any problems with Stan or Cabot being elected either though, they both seem Towny to me.

Turmoil is Scum, that's just my opinion though. :)

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil Fran Fantomas cabot

On my malus and ket town reads, I feel they rng and majorities strategies weren't a motive to push them so much, they are not invalid and the way of winning isn't written on stone. Rac hasn't posted a lot, most of his posts are jokes, even his vote on geno reads as a joke, doesn't inspire confidence to me, on their part zubz doesn't seems to have strong commitments, that's why I keep an eye on them.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
well that's only 3 of them.

There are two scumreads as well.
Yeah, but I also don't particularly agree with those. KetKat more than Geno.
Geno has been quite open with his intentions and has stuck to them even under scrutiny so I don't really scum read him. He actually reminds me of his play in Conspiracy though admittedly I don't have any experience with scum!Geno.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
I never said it was a big list or anything, I don't know where you people are reading stuff I never wrote, I said I'd give you reads and I gave you my top scum a while ago, if you really want top town I'd go with Sorian, Stan and Fandorin.

Also Zubz, I don't know how voting for yourself is the same as putting yourself in a list of reads. I've been thinking about that comment all day now and I don't like it at all.
I wasn't expecting a "big list", but I thought you were going to actually list them comprehensively since you went out of your way to say they were coming. But I've seen your reads of Sophia, Kawl and Fireblend. Did you have any read on Giant Panda as well?

Sudden aggro Brazil has me thinking hard but I don't know how to read it yet, so I'd say I'm the same here.
Am I suddenly aggro? How so?

Brazil and I have clashed a lot in the past on how we see things, so I feel like I should factor that into where I put my vote.
This is reasonable, but interestingly, I think the very same reasoning would actually motivate me to vote for you if our current positions were reversed.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Between Stan and Brazil I'd much rather vote for Brazil since I feel he's a lot harder to read.

That being said, I think announcing your kill list kind of defeats the purpose of "let's see what they do" and have them act on the fly since we already have some idea of how things will turn out. I get it, but I don't necessarily agree with the tactic. I don't think it's a bad move, I'd just rather see something different if I had to choose.
Would you really vote for someone to be a leader without knowing who they were scumreading? That doesn't sound feasible.

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I wanted to see if things would move giving more options outside of the one availables at the time, they didn't, that makes me suspect maybe scum was satisfied with the leaders at the time, I don't see motive to keep the field this spread out getting this near to EoD so I will switch to my candidate now

VOTE:StanleyPalmtree

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, but I also don't particularly agree with those. KetKat more than Geno.
Geno has been quite open with his intentions and has stuck to them even under scrutiny so I don't really scum read him. He actually reminds me of his play in Conspiracy though admittedly I don't have any experience with scum!Geno.

Geno has done the same thing as scum. Maybe a bit more fixated.

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

People like to kill rac I guess. I almost put him at my list for no reason too!

But seriously, I don't understand either. He's part of the inactives group and didn't contribute to the discussion at all. He could be a topic down the ladder, but like Sorian said I can't see why we would settle with a policy lynch after a phase like this.

cabot

Oct 25, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
Brazil Fran Fantomas cabot

On my malus and ket town reads, I feel they rng and majorities strategies weren't a motive to push them so much, they are not invalid and the way of winning isn't written on stone. Rac hasn't posted a lot, most of his posts are jokes, even his vote on geno reads as a joke, doesn't inspire confidence to me, on their part zubz doesn't seems to have strong commitments, that's why I keep an eye on them.

I don't understand how you arrive at a townread from those reasons.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Alrighty, so the big thing that managed to perpetually piss me off in this catch up.

Faddy, your argument against many people (including me) getting in a tizzy over Sophias rather off comment about Blarg.

Now first of all im under the impression that this argument entirely follows the logic of 'this isnt how ScumSophia plays' right?
Cuz if i missed something more substantial then disregard this, its likely given how much i started to glaze over shit near the end there.

This argument is bloody stupid.
Even keeping it in the meta methodology this argument holds no goddamn water because even if ScumSophia does typically conductor herself more cautiously, the obvious flip side would be that you have to consider how TownSophia usually acts, and i sure as hell dont recall TownSophia usually being so goddamn wrong about something.
She said that Blarg is typically more 'here' on day 1's.
Blarg once roll played as a fucking answering machine for the entirety of a games day 1.
Barely giving a fuck about D1 is probably his most consistent character trait.
Soph of any alignment should know this, her getting this so thoroughly wrong is bizarre and to act like its not noteworthy because it doesn't follow an absurdly narrow definition of how a player should be acting under a completely open bracket of circumstances is stupid.
To act like its suspect of other players to make an issue of such a strange lapse in judgement is even stupider.
To ignore the fact that few people elaborated on this issue due to Sophia replacing out shortly after making her limited play difficult to gainfully read from is just the cherry on the stupid cake.

Godamn yall need to lay off the meta, it can be useful sure but to be this narrow minded about something is reductive to an excessive degree.

/ramble end.

I think i should have gone with neopolitan instead of Orange chocolate chip.
i really just want some frozen shit to gulp down rn and the chocolate chips just get in the way,
they dont even add that much to the taste.

The argument now is about the number of people who called her scum. Not whether Sophia/CeeCee is scum.

Talking about meta. I was fine with you but that long ramble only contains 1 swear and a lot of big words.

Also Blarg is the top poster, the protagonist of the thread really.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
People like to kill rac I guess. I almost put him at my list for no reason too!

But seriously, I don't understand either. He's part of the inactives group and didn't contribute to the discussion at all. He could be a topic down the ladder, but like Sorian said I can't see why we would settle with a policy lynch after a phase like this.

Rac feels like a typical day 1 lynch. Not completely inactive but evasive.

Same kind of with KetKat

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Rac feels like a typical day 1 lynch. Not completely inactive but evasive.

Same kind of with KetKat
You're right in that, although I'll add that while Ketkat slipped hard at the beginning and then vanished after a brief defense on her actions without follow up or reads, rac kept his usual persona and offered a semblance of thoughts through those lists of him.

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Huh, was just about to summon Ketkat after double checking that she's really inactive so far.

Give us some reads.

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
5ish hours left. I'm the only one at the farm this week so things are insane. Of the vote leaders, I'm leaning:

Vote: StanleyPalmtree

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Vote: Brazil

I'd rather see him out of the leaders, and it seems like Pirate Bae is not going to be taking off as a leader vote.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
I'm here now. I was just catching up, but I'm not really sure how much I absorbed from all of that. So many posts already!
Geno you still planning to withhold your vote should the top candidates not agree to the majority idea?
5ish hours left. I'm the only one at the farm this week so things are insane. Of the vote leaders, I'm leaning:

Vote: StanleyPalmtree

All of you were waiting in the sidelines until someone wondered where of you where?

Because it's weird how all of you posted almost together after dissapearing for a while. Not scummy weird, just weird.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Since I am clearly out of the running despite providing a kill list and a reason. The only other people who have done the work necessary to be in the running are Brazil, Cabot, Fandorin and Stan.

I have been agreeing with Fandorin all game and he is evaluating things similarly to me.

vote: Fandorin

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't have any specific reads, but I am pretty confused on why people are voting for Stanley as the leader. It feels like there has been a crap-ton of discussion on who would be best to pick and who we can trust and then all of the people on his vote seemed to just pick him for no particular reason or in Sorian's case liking the idea that he's a wild card and can make things predictable. Why are you all jumping onto this train in particular after all of this discussion?

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
I don't like the current Top 2. I have bad feelings about this. I feel like there's secret collusion between them

rac

Oct 25, 2017
We'll get there, just you wait.

so you want a thunderdome huh?

gotta admit ive been skimming your posts since last game i thought you were scum the whole game

why do you think fran has flipped from not wanting to be leader to wanting it?
to look more scummy?
to take pressure off someone this early?

so if you get your way and fran turns up town what then? you mean for us to kill you next?

He's behaved a little more normally overnight which has dropped him out of my immediate list.
whatever that means

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017