• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kawl

Oct 25, 2017
Night shift has slowed down. Catching up on thread now.

I underestimated the amount of time i would be sleeping while working these shifts meaning less mafia time when work isnt slow as balls. Sorry duders

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Fantomas I've got the feeling of it being a little unfair comparison to put my middle of d1 me on this game against the n1 me of Brexit. For those who didn't play/spec Brexit, we got scum on D1 there and I was one of the breaking votes for getting the scum player lynched. Your easy town read was pure luck, I could have chosen to lynch coolest over ET and would had been your top scum on n1.

This said, I thought you were saying this from a place of dishonesty, but then realized maybe it's me being self conscious

Remind me again why are you supporting Bae? The most I remember of you saying about her is that both are friends and LiS fans

You know what, let's see where that goes

VOTE:Pirate Bae

As for reads I'm leaning town on malus and ketkat because it feels like they are easy targets, scum on rac and zubz.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
I didn't expect my meager 6 posts to garner this much attention. I feel better about Fantomas now, since he has made some good posts and has put in some work, which is the Fantomas I know.
Terraforce is in a similar camp for me. To me he often comes across as a bit confrontational, but he was like that in all games I've seen him in, so I'm not holding it against him.

Sorian must be very good at reading people if he can see a pattern in my Day 1 play from the one Day 1 I actually played, but then I guess most people are mostly nothing on D1 anyway.

Terra is either scum or lazy town.

Evidence? Saying that it's suspicious that I posted some jokes and nothing since. Means that either he didn't read my posts and yet is still scumreading me, or he did read my posts and is choosing to ignore parts of them to make a case.
Your only posts are advocating a vote for you as leader and some stuff about Blarg being Blarg. I wouldn't call that making a case.

CeeCee

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't expect my meager 6 posts to garner this much attention. I feel better about Fantomas now, since he has made some good posts and has put in some work, which is the Fantomas I know.
Terraforce is in a similar camp for me. To me he often comes across as a bit confrontational, but he was like that in all games I've seen him in, so I'm not holding it against him.

Sorian must be very good at reading people if he can see a pattern in my Day 1 play from the one Day 1 I actually played, but then I guess most people are mostly nothing on D1 anyway.

Your only posts are advocating a vote for you as leader and some stuff about Blarg being Blarg. I wouldn't call that making a case.

Anyone expecting any more from them clearly didn't read them, given I said that I didn't have time to catch up with the thread before my flight and so I was in no position to provide serious reads.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
Anyone expecting any more from them clearly didn't read them, given I said that I didn't have time to catch up with the thread before my flight and so I was in no position to provide serious reads.
Oh, I read it as if you accused him of reading over you making a case. My bad.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
I think I would be okay with a leader in Stan, Fando, Brazil, cabot, Kyanrute or Natiko.
Geno stated he would just follow majority if he was leader, which I don't agree with. On the other end Sorian stated he would pretty much ignore the popular consensus and go with whoever he felt like.

VOTE: Stanley Palmtree
You misspelled StanleyPalmtree btw.

Oct 25, 2017
Alright, let's look at some Fran votes today.

Because I don't trust myself to make a good choice D1. I usually screw up during the firsts days.

Fran seems not to trust with deciding the kill on day 1. This seems fine at a glance.

I know but if someone else screw up I don't have to feel bad about killing a townie.

Based on meta I'm leaning to vote Monkey, Sorian, you/Brazil or Faddy, in that order.

Fran gives a list of players he trust. Keep in mind some of the players here.

But they are alse really good at reading players as town. Those read are meta so I have 48hs to change them with how they play during this phase if I don't feel okay with them.

This is Fran saying he can change his mind on some of his reads from that list, but I'm thinking it's more of an excuse for when they start giving reads that Fran isn't down with.

Some people are better reading players with less info. I don't work like that so I don't trust myself with making a good choice early in the game.

Some players are good at giving reads early game with no info. Fran doesn't think he's one of them.

And I know that it's hypocritical saying that I want the leader to be responsable about his lynch after saying that I don't want the position.

I wouldn't go after the head of the leader if he misses and hits town. It could happen. It's just that I don't like the idea of selecting a leader for him just to follow orders.

Fran's saying he's would go after the leader depending on how the day shakes out.

To me it should be able to make a decent read with little info so it must someone good at meta reads. So I'm leaning towards a veteran who usually follows the games.

Right now I'm between Cabot and Sorian, with Cabot just barely ahead as I'm townreading him a little more than Sorian.

You are right, my bad. That's what happen when I do this at 1AM and I have to wake up early tomorrow.

Sorian has made top 2!

Then we have some scum reading of Malus. Brazil already did a good job at pointing out some issues here, so I'll just quote him.

This is a weird conversation. Right off the bat turmoil7 figured that that's what Natiko and Sorian were both proposing (it reads to me that Sorian was just weighing the possibility, though), and you even seemed supportive of the idea.
Why the difference in treatment between turmoil and malus, then? When turmoil suggested it, you were amenable. When malus suggested it, you immediately questioned him.

At the very least it seems like you really changed your mind throughout the day. I don't buy it that you already felt that strongly about it back then.

Do you call this confrontation?:

I'm just asking a question and giving him an alternative. I'm not even saying that his plan was bad or anything until after he keep pushing on with it.

I don't see the inconsistences: Turmoil said that choosing between 2 targets could be good but maybe difficult to do, I said that it wouldn't be so difficult and he just decided to drop it anyway. Malus gives his plan, I asked why he think it would be the best plan and he keeps pushing with it. At this point is when I said that I don't agree. I just wanted to let them talk about why they though it's was a good idea.

If you want me to say that I changed my mind in the middle, ok. I changed my mind in the middle in the same way that you voted for Fando, said that you didn't trust him but kept your vote.

Fran realizes the read isn't going over well and to avoid becoming the center of the conversation, he quickly jumps to a new, shinier, bus in the very next bus.

What stats do you expect to post during D1?

This seems like a force read to me.

And then we have some scum reading of me for a bit while arguing for a couple of posts with one of his most trusted early town readers, Sorian before we finally hit this last post.

Did you miss the part were I have been calling him scum?

Also why are you defending him this much if you think he is scum too?

I'm saying it right now. I think that Chuggs is scum and will give my vote to whoever wants to lynch him today.

Fran, who is afraid of being leader because he doesn't think he makes good decisions early day is now completely confident that I'm scum.

So what was the best case scenario, Fran? Have someone not you pull the trigger on killing me and then let them take the fall after I flipped?

All of this is inconsistent at best. Fran is scum. We should go after Fran. I'm not letting this go.

cabot

Oct 25, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
I've not caught up yet, but wanted to address this post from yesterday

cabot's observation of Fandorin's joke is much smaller, but I notice you have no venom over me saying 'hmm' to that one.

I assume this is because they're quite different things. My comment was regarding an action Fandorin had with Sophia and he instigated it. He's still in the game and was able to respond to the comment I made. The thing with Shadow's vote is that he is no longer in the game and it's not right to expect Fantomas to know what Shadow was doing there. Don't know why you brought it up to compare, really.

cabot

Oct 25, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
Terra is either scum or lazy town.

Evidence? Saying that it's suspicious that I posted some jokes and nothing since. Means that either he didn't read my posts and yet is still scumreading me, or he did read my posts and is choosing to ignore parts of them to make a case.

Yeah, I was feeling better about Terra after catching up, but this stuck out a bit. It was stated CeeCee would be out for 14 hours.

You did say you'd conjure up some hot takes in the hour before the flight, which never really happened though..

Less sure on Fran just now and confused on rac though I'm struggling to see a scum!rac act like he's currently doing.

I think Chuggs is too invested in Fran.

cabot

Oct 25, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
I'd probably still choose Ketkat as my top shot. She came in and responded to me, I wasn't particularly happy with the response then disappeared again.

CeeCee

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I was feeling better about Terra after catching up, but this stuck out a bit. It was stated CeeCee would be out for 14 hours.

You did say you'd conjure up some hot takes in the hour before the flight, which never really happened though..

Less sure on Fran just now and confused on rac though I'm struggling to see a scum!rac act like he's currently doing.

I think Chuggs is too invested in Fran.

Yeah, sorry about the hot takes. Took longer to catch up on the thread than I anticipated.

Faddy seems to be playing the way he usually does as town so far, i.e. Out of kilter with a bunch of other people already.

Since I was asked last time and could only provide a joke answer, I find it hard to read Blarg in general but I'm certainly not leaning scum on him so far this game.

cabot

Oct 25, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
I'd say my most up to date shot list is:

Ketkat

Geno

Kyanrute
Zubz
Kawl

Kyan has been quieter than I expected and currently hasn't really been productive enough to warrant ignoring as a lynch choice. Zubz is a difficult one. I've struggled to read them before and I remember a previous game I watched where they played similar to this and became a rather easy mislynch. I'd shoot to eliminate a diffficult read.

Kawl, friend, you've not given much of anything and I can't read you very well at the best of times, so in the vein of zubz, you'd be considered a shot.

I'm willing to hold on CeeCee, because I can usually read him pretty well, much better than Sophia anyhoo.

I've softened a bit on Geno, though he is clearly above the other three because its more than a difficult read.

cabot

Oct 25, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
cabot If you disagree with my post, that's fine, but I want to know why. Don't just dismiss it.

I don't really disagree and am not utterly convinced on Fran but its easy to make a wall of text post about someone who's targeting you. It's basically a giant OMGUS.

Your point on Fran going from very wary of choosing a d1 target to hardening on you is a good one and is taken on board though.

cabot

Oct 25, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
Fran's in a sort of portal where I can see arguments for his lynch but considering how active he is, he can be found out with more day phases under our belt. It's a bigger risk to off him on day 1 and I'm not completely convinced he's scum.

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
8iu2ucc.gif

*Disclaimer: The current in-game situation is most decidedly not a Thunderdome.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really disagree and am not utterly convinced on Fran but its easy to make a wall of text post about someone who's targeting you. It's basically a giant OMGUS.

Your point on Fran going from very wary of choosing a d1 target to hardening on you is a good one and is taken on board though.

This would be fair, but it's the other way around. One of my first posts, if not my first post in this thread was me saying I leaned scum on Fran

cabot

Oct 25, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
Fran concerns me right now, but it's purely meta. The one game I played with him he was scum and kind of took up the role of town leader so I'm a bit weary of him trying to steer town in one way or another. I feel a bit better about him after my interactions with him, but I'm not ready to say he's town yet. He's someone I think should keep and eye on, but I also think town Fran would be really useful for scum hunting later so I would rather keep him around until we get some more info.

Aside from that, and at the risk of sounding like I'm copying your read, ketkat sticks out to me as someone I would for if I could vote for similar reasons that you listed.

This post I assume.

So I don't agree with the read, I've played with Fran multiple times and he is always one of the leader style players. NAI for me.

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
I'd say my most up to date shot list is:

Ketkat

Geno

Kyanrute
Zubz
Kawl

Kyan has been quieter than I expected and currently hasn't really been productive enough to warrant ignoring as a lynch choice. Zubz is a difficult one. I've struggled to read them before and I remember a previous game I watched where they played similar to this and became a rather easy mislynch. I'd shoot to eliminate a diffficult read.

Kawl, friend, you've not given much of anything and I can't read you very well at the best of times, so in the vein of zubz, you'd be considered a shot.

I'm willing to hold on CeeCee, because I can usually read him pretty well, much better than Sophia anyhoo.

I've softened a bit on Geno, though he is clearly above the other three because its more than a difficult read.
This is a pretty good list. 35%

Kawl

Oct 25, 2017
Still catching up lol

But as of page 16 ish

I like AB and Brazil for town. That dofus post about voting for theme being secret screams town to me. Or at the least someone who isn't playing with a team.

Brazil's post hit on several positions I was having as skimming. Actually shit which brother was scum in marvel? It was fand right? What I'm saying is Brazil was reminding me of how he made me feel in that game. So uh...not town for me if he was scum in that game

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Town Blarg is very very mildly peeking through, still too early to actually tell though.

FluxWaveZ Did I miss why you slid quietly into this Stanley vote?

Also, assuming Zubz' vote counts (extra space in the name as pointed out above), seems like Stanley might just end up getting sheep at this point.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus fuck i feel like Odysseus catching up on this thread, except instead of exciting dangers thrown at me by the god i just have you fucks harping on about fucking nothing holy shit like 10 pages and not a meaningful point was made.
That said i do suddenly have many supporters in my leadership campaign so i guess thats kinda like coming home to my loyal wife and son.
now to kill me some fuckin suitors

I had a few quotes collected but most of it has been resolved already so fuck that noise.

Town Blarg is very very mildly peeking through, still too early to actually tell though.

FluxWaveZ Did I miss why you slid quietly into this Stanley vote?

Also, assuming Zubz' vote counts (extra space in the name as pointed out above), seems like Stanley might just end up getting sheep at this point.
This is a fucking "NZ is full of sheep" joke aint it?

I do have more to say but its still too hot and my chair is still broken so imma need icecream before you get em.

OP
OP
The Bear

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 1 VOTES ====
Day Start

stanleypalmtree (4 votes)
dr. monkey - #736
sorian - #1,049
blargonaut - #1,126
fluxwavez - #1,130

brazil (3 votes)
natiko - #845
fandorin - #1,046
malus - #1,157

cabot (2 votes)
kawl - #591
fireblend - #707

geno (2 votes)
geno - #77
rac - #1,097

pirate bae (2 votes)
fantomas - #899
turmoil7 - #1,151

fandorin (2 votes)
brazil - #172
dr. monkey - #565 #736
thechuggernaut - #576
turmoil7 - #1,012 #1,151

stanley palmtree (1 votes)
zubz - #1,125

ceecee (1 votes)
ceecee - #670

sorian (1 votes)
terraforce - #104
rac - #510 #828
fireblend - #692 #707

zubz (1 votes)
pirate bae - #1,145

natiko (1 votes)
natiko - #79 #845
faddy - #965

terraforce (0 votes)
shadowswordmaster - #85 #85

kyanrute (0 votes)
cabot - #657 #1,179

fireblend (0 votes)
fandorin - #324 #715

blargonaut (0 votes)
faddy - #94 #965
blargonaut - #329 #1,126
sophia - #376 #389

fluxwavez (0 votes)
zubz - #101 #582
sophia - #132 #376
sophia - #389 #389

rac (0 votes)
rac - #828 #1,097

Post Counts:
blargonaut: 138 cabot: 75 fran: 75 dr. monkey: 72 sorian: 65 geno: 62 thechuggernaut: 50 terraforce: 49 fantomas: 49 natiko: 47 pirate bae: 45 fireblend: 41 faddy: 41 sophia: 40 fandorin: 38 brazil: 35 fluxwavez: 28 rac: 25 grizzly: 20 kyanrute: 20 zubz: 18 ceecee: 13 stanleypalmtree: 13 kawl: 13 ketkat: 12 malus: 10 turmoil7: 10 giant panda: 5 absolutbro : 5 shadowswordmaster: 3

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Last edited:

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Alrighty, so the big thing that managed to perpetually piss me off in this catch up.

Faddy, your argument against many people (including me) getting in a tizzy over Sophias rather off comment about Blarg.

Now first of all im under the impression that this argument entirely follows the logic of 'this isnt how ScumSophia plays' right?
Cuz if i missed something more substantial then disregard this, its likely given how much i started to glaze over shit near the end there.

This argument is bloody stupid.
Even keeping it in the meta methodology this argument holds no goddamn water because even if ScumSophia does typically conductor herself more cautiously, the obvious flip side would be that you have to consider how TownSophia usually acts, and i sure as hell dont recall TownSophia usually being so goddamn wrong about something.
She said that Blarg is typically more 'here' on day 1's.
Blarg once roll played as a fucking answering machine for the entirety of a games day 1.
Barely giving a fuck about D1 is probably his most consistent character trait.
Soph of any alignment should know this, her getting this so thoroughly wrong is bizarre and to act like its not noteworthy because it doesn't follow an absurdly narrow definition of how a player should be acting under a completely open bracket of circumstances is stupid.
To act like its suspect of other players to make an issue of such a strange lapse in judgement is even stupider.
To ignore the fact that few people elaborated on this issue due to Sophia replacing out shortly after making her limited play difficult to gainfully read from is just the cherry on the stupid cake.

Godamn yall need to lay off the meta, it can be useful sure but to be this narrow minded about something is reductive to an excessive degree.

/ramble end.

I think i should have gone with neopolitan instead of Orange chocolate chip.
i really just want some frozen shit to gulp down rn and the chocolate chips just get in the way,
they dont even add that much to the taste.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Alrighty then, who would i be okay with murdering you ask?

uhhh.

Fran
Kawl (wait shit no he literally just dropped out)
rac
Malus
KetKat
CeeCee
Faddy
Geno

Who do i want to kill you ask?
I dont really know,
these are just the weidnesses that stuck out in a stuttered and feverously hot attempt to catch up.