• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, it's Blarg. Making noise seems to be what he does. I really don't why you would scum read him at this stage of the game for it.

I agree with this sentiment 100% but why did you quote me? I feel like you would have been better served quoting the original post from Fran.

What stats do you expect to post during D1?

This seems like a force read to me.

I feel like you are really trying to force a Chuggs scum read if anything. Chuggs hasn't set off much of anything for me this game so I was kind of watching how these sudden reads would go. I feel like Fantomas is actually weighing Chuggs actions while you seem to be content just taking more potshots until something works.

Are you talking about Fandorin or Fantomas? I was talking about the former.

Still, I'll answer your question. People have been voting for him since he seems trustworthy, level-headed, and generally sound with his arguments and observations. I agree with this, but I don't think that's who I want to see as leader.

Yeah, I meant Fandorin, your post was up on my screen for the quote and I probably saw the hi fantomas first and and just kept typing that.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Add me to that list then. Is your entire reason for disliking those who went after her solely due to meta? Because that's what it sounds like. I'm not sure how I'm supposed to think someone going so back and forth with their behavior isn't supposed to raise a brow. She went after Flux without committing, then quickly dropped that and went after Blarg which was even more of a mess with her voting and unvoting seemingly without much reason. Not to mention her weird push on me I personally take issue with.

What I am saying is that Sophia's post did have scummy qualities but they weren't her scummy qualities and it wouldn't surprise me to see scum in the group attacking her for it because it is an easy play.

As mafia she is a lot more structured than just throwing things out into the thread.

OP
OP
The Bear

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 1 VOTES ====
Day Start

cabot (2 votes)
kawl - #591
fireblend - #707

fandorin (2 votes)
brazil - #172
dr. monkey - #565 #736
thechuggernaut - #576

brazil (1 votes)
natiko - #845

stanleypalmtree (1 votes)
dr. monkey - #736

kyanrute (1 votes)
cabot - #657

ceecee (1 votes)
ceecee - #670

sorian (1 votes)
terraforce - #104
rac - #510 #828
fireblend - #692 #707

blargonaut (1 votes)
faddy - #94 #965
blargonaut - #329
sophia - #376 #389

geno (1 votes)
geno - #77

pirate bae (1 votes)
fantomas - #899

rac (1 votes)
rac - #828

natiko (1 votes)
natiko - #79 #845
faddy - #965

terraforce (0 votes)
shadowswordmaster - #85 #85

fireblend (0 votes)
fandorin - #324 #715

fluxwavez (0 votes)
zubz - #101 #582
sophia - #132 #376
sophia - #389 #389

Post Counts:
blargonaut: 103 cabot: 62 fran: 62 dr. monkey: 60 geno: 58 sorian: 55 terraforce: 42 sophia: 40 fireblend: 40 natiko: 40 pirate bae: 36 brazil: 34 fantomas: 34 fandorin: 33 thechuggernaut: 33 faddy: 32 fluxwavez: 26 kyanrute: 20 grizzly: 19 rac: 18 ketkat: 12 zubz: 12 stanleypalmtree: 12 kawl: 11 ceecee: 9 turmoil7: 7 malus: 6 giant panda: 5 absolutbro: 5 shadowswordmaster: 3

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Oct 25, 2017
I agree with this sentiment 100% but why did you quote me? I feel like you would have been better served quoting the original post from Fran.

I thought about that while I was posting it, but came to the conclusion that it didn't really matter because the same people would see it anyway. I don't think who I quoted there really changes the intent of the post at all

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
I don't think anyone was really pushing to just limit the choices out the gate unless I missed something on a skim but yeah I agree here.

As Fireblend basically said, the way this will likely run is the leader is going to say their piece pretty early on who they scum read and most people are going to naturally start working from that list (or disregard completely, call the leader's reads shit and go off on their own.

I'm confused what I'm reading here. Point 1 seems to sound like a town lean on Blarg and I then point 2 says Blarg is a scum lean? They asked who you scum read and you said you lean away which sounds like a town read?

Oh, sorry for any confusion! I meant I don't think you or Blarg are the best leader picks currently (No offense).

So just to go back to my own read list from earlier here:

FluxWaveZ seems to have kind of disappeared after being a topic of conversation early on in the day. Would like to hear his thoughts, maybe his top two Town and Scum right now.

Zubz and Kawl I would want to ask the same thing to since they have not posted much of substance at all that I can remember. Top two Town and Scum?

rac falls into that territory as well, though he did at least provide us with some Town Reads if I remember right, but I'd still like to hear more, it all felt kind of fluffy.

All info is based on skimming past 8 AM this morning, but...

Scum Reads: Blarg, FluxWaveZ
Town Reads: Dr. Monkey, Zubz

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like you are really trying to force a Chuggs scum read if anything. Chuggs hasn't set off much of anything for me this game so I was kind of watching how these sudden reads would go. I feel like Fantomas is actually weighing Chuggs actions while you seem to be content just taking more potshots until something works.

Do you know why people were calling Malus out posting stats? Because he was posting analysis for previous day end votes.

So by Chuggs logic he is leaning for a towny Malus because he isn't posting votes analysis .... during D1.

Now tell me how that makes sense.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I meant Fandorin, your post was up on my screen for the quote and I probably saw the hi fantomas first and and just kept typing that.
Not gunna lie, I've had to do a few double takes already with "Fando" and "Fanto" being thrown around haha.
All info is based on skimming past 8 AM this morning, but...

Scum Reads: Blarg, FluxWaveZ
Town Reads: Dr. Monkey, Zubz
What about Blarg is reading scummy to you above all the other players, or is just the distrust from the Gif Mafia game settling in?
FluxWaveZ is someone I want to hear more from as well, so I can understand that.

Hmm, of course you can only trust yourself, but besides yourself, is there anyone else seeming Townie to you, or is just Monkey sticking out for now?

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Do you know why people were calling Malus out posting stats? Because he was posting analysis for previous day end votes.

So by Chuggs logic he is leaning for a towny Malus because he isn't posting votes analysis .... during D1.

Except Chuggs didn't knock malus for not posting stats, he mentioned that he likes that malus is going more reads oriented than stats oriented. It's not a wrong read, D1 malus is usually a lot of nothing, there's at least a lengthy post or two in this game.

So sure, analyzing votes on D1 doesn't make sense, but you set up that strawman yourself.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
You two keep going back and forth on what seems like a pile of nothing. Do you feel you're actually getting a more clear read on Fran from this exchange? Because this just feels like noise with a hint of pedantry to me (though I will admit I've mostly just been skimming over this back and forth at the moment).
Yes, it has solidified my negative impression of him, which you can read about here.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
Except Chuggs didn't knock malus for not posting stats, he mentioned that he likes that malus is going more reads oriented than stats oriented. It's not a wrong read, D1 malus is usually a lot of nothing, there's at least a lengthy post or two in this game.

So sure, analyzing votes on D1 doesn't make sense, but you set up that strawman yourself.

But how can you make that read during D1? How can he says that he is not stats oriented when he can't still work with stats?

If he had said that during D3 I may agree, but during D1? That's bullshit.

And saying that malus is usually a lot of nothing is a stretch when this is his third game. It's logic that he would feel more comfortable posting than in first game. It's how it usually goes for everyone.

turmoil7

Community Resettler - Shinra Employee
Oct 25, 2017
I'm doubting between putting Fireblend on the race or giving my vote to Fandorin now that his momentum seems to have cooled down.

hmph

VOTE:Fandorin

Although I feel unwary of him receiving support from so many players, I don't keep a list but IIRC many said they were okay with him, fireblend and cabot come to mind, monkey's vote too before she switched to Stan, there were more.

I like Stan, I could see me voting for him, I don't think I will vote for Cabot

Oct 25, 2017
But how can you make that read during D1? How can he says that he is not stats oriented when he can't still work with stats?

And saying that malus is usually a lot of nothing is a stretch when this is his third game. It's logic that he would feel more comfortable posting than in first game. It's how it usually goes for everyone.

You're doing a lot of assuming here. I'm not saying Malus is town because he isn't posting stats. Town Malus will do that anyway, but he does seem to be trying harder then he has previously and he seems to be putting some effort into his reads and it feels genuine to me. The crux of my argument isn't that Malus is town because he's not posting stats. I guess he could be doing better as scum too, but I'm not leaning that way for him.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
If you think like why even bring that he usually is called out because he posts a lot of stats?

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

How many games do we have to wait for L_P to be more comfortable posting? You read yourself earlier in the game saying that you have issues going in hard on day 1 and I agree with that, this is you trying to force through a read and doubling down when you got challenged.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
This thread has gotten pretty stale. I don't think all the little nit picking amounts to much right now. Malus's 5 posts seem something srange to get hung up on.

I will say I am more down on Fran than I was before but he is someone I struggle to read and usually call scum. He is being overly aggressive on his solving which is in his scum game.

My little pro Natiko push didn't go anywhere and went pretty much unnoted. Still not sure what to make of him right now.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Decided to go back through malus posts since he's been getting mentioned a lot lately and I couldn't keep the argument towards Fran that involves Malus and the argument involving malus's actual posts straight.

Okay, finally caught up as best as I could.

First about the leader, I think monkey made a good point about that. Electing someone that is already a natural leader won't give us that much information since they will have an easy time justifying their decision. On the other hand I don't want a total pushover that will just follow the majority blindly since that makes it easy to hide. It could also be interesting to elect a fairly new player, since an experienced player could easily fake their behavior as leader.

I would also like to point out the vote by ShadowSwordMaster. He is new to the game and goes directly to vote for Terraforce without any reasoning. As a new player I'd expect him to first watch a bit to see what's going on and all. I don't want to call it a collusion with Terra just yet, but it does give me a weird feeling in that direction. Also so far Fantomas hasn't really convinced me otherwise.

Sophia was my top scum read before she dropped out mainly based on her interaction with FluxWaveZ and flip flopping on the Blargonaut affair.
In the end the leader has to make the choice of who to lynch though so we should put some thought into who has that kind of power. But in the end I agree: Once the leader is elected we should put up a pseudo vote like a normal day 1 with the only difference of the leader having the final say.
I think ideally we want to decide on a pool of 2 or 3 lynch candidates from which the leader then chooses the final target. The problem with having the leader decide on their own is that there is nothing stopping scum from busing to hell and back since there is no threat of their vote leading to a scum kill. On the other hand if the leader blindly picks whoever is vote leader at end of day 1.5 we kind of throw away an opportunity to get more information from this day than who voted whom.

Fantomas has had some okay posts now, but he hasn't really brought anything new to the table yet. Also I'm a bit wary of simply reevaluating everything once someone subs out. In GoT that's what brought mafia the win, when everyone kind of threw away their scum reads when one of them was replaced. So I'm going to keep an eye on the Fantomas/Terraforce duo and how they interact with each other.
But why did SSW vote you in his first post and without any reasoning? It doesn't make sense to me. Especially for a new player. And why would a vote at day end be more suspicious? At that point we would have more information and everyone would have made up their mind. A vote without information seems to be much more suspect to me.

We can still use the vote tool even if the votes don't actually count.

If we decide on a pool of candidates everyone should make their case on who should or shouldn't be in this pool, so everyone has to share their reads anyway. I'm really not a fan of having the leader choose the target without restriction, because it takes all agency away from the other players.
No, I don't think that. I just fear that if we let the leader do his thing there is no risk for scum to bus each other. If there are no consequences for your reads, just throw shade everywhere so you can later say "see I said it there first" when one of them should flip.

Well there is the vote out of nowhere. It's not much but why would anyone (especially a new player) come into the game with a random vote? It just seems weird to me.
Sure, but that's no reason to dismiss it entirely.
This is all of his posts - I'm surprised to see all the discourse around this small of a sample size. I'm really perplexed by reads like Chugg's that are seeing Malus as town from all this due to an "evolution of his style" or whatever. These posts amount to two things:
1. Malus does not want a leader to have full autonomy and thinks it takes away player agency.
2. Malus thinks the SSW vote on Terra is iffy and Fanto has not changed his mind.

That anyone is taking these things and coming out with town or even scum reads - I just don't see it. He's a null and a potential coaster, but not even the poster most guilty of that so far.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
This thread has gotten pretty stale. I don't think all the little nit picking amounts to much right now. Malus's 5 posts seem something srange to get hung up on.

I will say I am more down on Fran than I was before but he is someone I struggle to read and usually call scum. He is being overly aggressive on his solving which is in his scum game.

My little pro Natiko push didn't go anywhere and went pretty much unnoted. Still not sure what to make of him right now.
I noticed it! And for everyone else it's not too late to hop aboard. More generally though with most people wanting themselves to be leader there's not a whole lot of votes to go around more than the exploratory ones we see. I'm guessing things will firm up closer to day end.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
This is all of his posts - I'm surprised to see all the discourse around this small of a sample size. I'm really perplexed by reads like Chugg's that are seeing Malus as town from all this due to an "evolution of his style" or whatever. These posts amount to two things:
1. Malus does not want a leader to have full autonomy and thinks it takes away player agency.
2. Malus thinks the SSW vote on Terra is iffy and Fanto has not changed his mind.

That anyone is taking these things and coming out with town or even scum reads - I just don't see it. He's a null and a potential coaster, but not even the poster most guilty of that so far.
I just want to hear more from him now. It's basically my fault that this shit got started I think.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
How many games do we have to wait for L_P to be more comfortable posting? You read yourself earlier in the game saying that you have issues going in hard on day 1 and I agree with that, this is you trying to force through a read and doubling down when you got challenged.

What have LP to do with Malus? But if you want an answer LP has been playing like that since forever. Is his playstyle.

Now you want to tell me that you know which is Malus playstyle when you only played with him?

And you want to accuse me because I double down on a read? How many times have we played together? Do you even remember Buffy?

If you can properly make a read with my playstyle how can you even make a read on Malus playstyle when you only played once with him?

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
I noticed it! And for everyone else it's not too late to hop aboard. More generally though with most people wanting themselves to be leader there's not a whole lot of votes to go around more than the exploratory ones we see. I'm guessing things will firm up closer to day end.

I think more people should put a vote down so we can whittle down the field a little. Too many people who want to be leader and waiting for an opportunity to gather support? I shoud put myself in that category tbh.

Geno

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Thessaloniki
I'm not really a fan of the responses I got with their town/scum reads. Is that what you're thinking too?
I don't like their scum reads, I don't like how they include themselves in the town part(NAI but still), and I don't like their posts thus far, definitely a person who is trying to fly under the radar just like Kawl.

Oct 25, 2017
Decided to go back through malus posts since he's been getting mentioned a lot lately and I couldn't keep the argument towards Fran that involves Malus and the argument involving malus's actual posts straight.

It's just a day 1 read that could change depending on what happens later. I would like to see more of him also. I really wasn't expecting that read to be as big of a deal
as it ended up being

Oct 25, 2017
I've been in one game with Kawl and this seems to be pretty normal from him from what I can tell. Not saying that makes him town though. I don't know about Zubz though, he has been kind of drive byish

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017

If you think like why even bring that he usually is called out because he posts a lot of stats?
What have LP to do with Malus? But if you want an answer LP has been playing like that since forever. Is his playstyle.

Now you want to tell me that you know which is Malus playstyle when you only played with him?

And you want to accuse me because I double down on a read? How many times have we played together? Do you even remember Buffy?

If you can properly make a read with my playstyle how can you even make a read on Malus playstyle when you only played once with him?
This all feels like arguing just for the sake of arguing. And now you've turned around to apparently throwing shade at Sorian too?

So just so I have it all straight, your point is that you have a Scum Read on Chugg because you don't like his Town Read on Malus? I gather that you think Scum Chugg is forcing a Town Read on Malus, who he already knows is Town? Or is Malus his Scum teammate? I don't think you've made that part clear, my apologies if you have and I missed it somewhere.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Of course I remember Buffy and I also remember it took you a couple days to get like this. You start slow. I don't think anything of Malus at the moment, I'm stuck on you because Chuggs who seems whatever at this point tried to post content on someone who had been blind to the thread and you leaped for an easy score almost immediately.

I've been in one game with Kawl and this seems to be pretty normal from him from what I can tell. Not saying that makes him town though. I don't know about Zubz though, he has been kind of drive byish

I'm having my own issue with Kawl, he's actually usually a bit more involved when he has the time and honestly, this just feels like the invitational where he was scum but that was an actual set of circumstances where he was busy and not him coasting so I don't even know.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
I gather that you think Scum Chugg is forcing a Town Read on Malus, who he already knows is Town?

This one.

And I don't like how much Sorian Is defending Chuggs when it's obvious that his read on Malus Is forced and just because he was getting heat because he was parroting others opinion.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
I'm having my own issue with Kawl, he's actually usually a bit more involved when he has the time and honestly, this just feels like the invitational where he was scum but that was an actual set of circumstances where he was busy and not him coasting so I don't even know.
This is probably going to sound shittier than I mean it, but when is the last time we saw an active and engaged Kawl? Marvel, kinda. Generally though it feels like it's been ages. So far he's been useless though so he's either scum or useless town. I'd love to see him show up but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Geno

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Thessaloniki
This is probably going to sound shittier than I mean it, but when is the last time we saw an active and engaged Kawl? Marvel, kinda. Generally though it feels like it's been ages. So far he's been useless though so he's either scum or useless town. I'd love to see him show up but I'm not going to hold my breath.
My only experience with him was Marvel, he was actually playing then so I was expecting the same here.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I'm doubting between putting Fireblend on the race or giving my vote to Fandorin now that his momentum seems to have cooled down.

hmph

VOTE:Fandorin

Although I feel unwary of him receiving support from so many players, I don't keep a list but IIRC many said they were okay with him, fireblend and cabot come to mind, monkey's vote too before she switched to Stan, there were more.

I like Stan, I could see me voting for him, I don't think I will vote for Cabot
Why are you okay with cabot's opinion of Fando but not okay with cabot?

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
You never know with Kawl. I'd put him in my lynch pool if there's no better candidate if he stays absent.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Pirate Bae, top two Town and Scum right now?

Faddy, the only thing I really remember you doing so far is proclaiming that Sophia was obviously Town and that there was definitely Mafia scum reading her. Could you give me the full rundown on that one?

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm caught up with the thread now.

I skimmed a bit on the malus x Chugg x Fran that permeated a lot of today's talk since I don't see much of relevance there at the moment.
While I don't remember playing with malus before, I found his contributions OK, and the fact that Chugg's playing "safe" is not something I'd hold against him considering the thread didn't move too much today either.

Brazil - I don't think I have any specific reason in this game to back it up other than meta, but I remember looking at the players list seeing who I'd consider voting for leader yesterday and feeling ok towards Giant Panda.
Last time I played with him I suspected his very first post in the game. I payed attention to his play style after the thread dismissed my reaction to it and he later flipped town anyway. I thought that gave me a good grasp on his style.
He didn't post much after I posted that and ended up subbing out today, but I had him leaning town when I posted that initial list.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This one.

And I don't like how much Sorian Is defending Chuggs when it's obvious that his read on Malus Is forced and just because he was getting heat because he was parroting others opinion.

It's easy when I'm doubting you or Fantomas are scummates with him and you are acting super sketch (and Fantomas less so).

Yeah, I'm aware, it's why I haven't bothered scum reading him at this stage. t's a crap shoot just like it was in the invitational. It gives me that weird feeling just because it happened to be right last time but the sensible side of me says it's NAI through and through.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Pirate Bae, top two Town and Scum right now?

Faddy, the only thing I really remember you doing so far is proclaiming that Sophia was obviously Town and that there was definitely Mafia scum reading her. Could you give me the full rundown on that one?

I said I thought Sophia was town and Sorian was thinking about the thing incorrectly. Sophia is quite a cautious player as mafia so her flip flopping is actually a bit townie, at least in my opinion. And that is based on watching her in monopoly and being scum mates in Brexit.

If you look at the number of people calling her mafia for it, it is simply too many imo. So either Sophia is really bad at mafia and everyone but me is right. Or she is town and everyone calling her mafia is making an honest mistake. It doesn't even really matter if I am right on Sophia's alignment btw because someone would definitely take the opportunity to bus her.

If I were to be picked as leader I would probably be shooting into that group of people.

Fran, Sorian, Monkey, Geno, Cabot, Malus, Flux and Fandorin. Most to least likely to shoot

Geno
Malus
Fran
Monkey
FluxWavez
cabot
Sorian
Fandorin

And probably just shoot into the top 5. Fandorin has been townie, Sorian and cabot have been fine and not worth shooting on day 1.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
the answer is easy then, vote for me

no one has my ears

Well someone must have them, I don't see them on you.

2589.jpg

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I think more people should put a vote down so we can whittle down the field a little. Too many people who want to be leader and waiting for an opportunity to gather support? I shoud put myself in that category tbh.

Didn't think I had a shot at getting elected, but I wouldn't mind it. I'd move my vote for me if it's necessary, but right now I'm willing to put my brother up to the contest as well.

VOTE: Brazil

I could vote for Monkey too, but she doesn't seem willing to dirty her hands today for reasons I understand.

I believe that once we elect someone, we should ALL state clearly who we want lynched and tally up a pseudo vote so we can all go back to D1 once we have more flips and information to parse with. After listening to everyone, the elected leader makes the final choice. The leader shouldn't be beholden to the majority opinion, but picking someone at random or completely disregarding the mood of the thread would be a without a doubt anti-town move to me.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
And yeah, sure, I'm going to be gone for most of the night tonight (will actually be awake when the europeans are more around actually) so I'll vote now for something to talk about. Still vote for me etc etc and I'll still self vote if I find that to be better than the alternative when votes hit but I explained why I think this is good. I doubt he's scum from what I've seen and he's wild card enough to make the day unpredictable.

VOTE: StanleyPalmtree