• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
The Bear

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 1 VOTES ====
Day Start

cabot (2 votes)
kawl - #591
fireblend - #707

blargonaut (2 votes)
faddy - #94
blargonaut - #329
sophia - #376 #389

fandorin (2 votes)
brazil - #172
dr. monkey - #565 #736
thechuggernaut - #576

brazil (1 votes)
natiko - #845

stanleypalmtree (1 votes)
dr. monkey - #736

kyanrute (1 votes)
cabot - #657

ceecee (1 votes)
ceecee - #670

sorian (1 votes)
terraforce - #104
rac - #510 #828
fireblend - #692 #707

geno (1 votes)
geno - #77

pirate bae (1 votes)
fantomas - #899

rac (1 votes)
rac - #828

terraforce (0 votes)
shadowswordmaster - #85 #85

fireblend (0 votes)
fandorin - #324 #715

fluxwavez (0 votes)
zubz - #101 #582
sophia - #132 #376
sophia - #389 #389

natiko (0 votes)
natiko - #79 #845

Post Counts:
blargonaut: 98 cabot: 62 fran: 59 dr. monkey: 53 geno: 52 sorian: 49 sophia: 40 fireblend: 37 terraforce: 35 natiko: 35 pirate bae: 33 fandorin: 32 brazil: 28 faddy: 28 fluxwavez: 25 rac: 17 thechuggernaut: 17 grizzly: 16 fantomas: 15 kyanrute: 15 ketkat: 12 zubz: 12 stanleypalmtree: 12 kawl: 11 ceecee: 9 turmoil7: 7 malus: 6 giant panda: 5 absolutbro: 5 shadowswordmaster: 3

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
Vote: Pirate Bae

I mentioned this before I went to bed, but I see this as a good choice for me. I haven't played with her yet, but I am friends with her outside the game, so I think I would get valuable info in seeing how she ultimately makes this decision and it would help me to get a read on her. Also, she agrees with the idea that the vote leader should not just follow the will of the majority automatically, and that's the kind of person I want to see as the leader.

The "I shan't bow to the majority but they have my ear" -party has many members at this point. Why is Yarr Bae the leader the party needs over her competitors?

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
The "I shan't bow to the majority but they have my ear" -party has many members at this point. Why is Yarr Bae the leader the party needs over her competitors?
For me personally, I think I'd be able to get a read on the other leaders in more normal ways, whereas having a personal connection to Pirate Bae means I could use an extra bit to get a read on her to leave my biases behind. I think it's a similar reasoning to why Brazil wants to vote for Fandorin. Also, I've been caught handing easy Town Reads to players I know in the past and then having them turn out to be Scum, and I'd rather not continue to do that.

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
Currently leaning scum for Blarg.

The start was interesting but he has been only noise for a while.
dKKwXzb.png

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Random lunch time thoughts, I was cooling on cabot this morning but wasn't really able to put a finger on why, feeling has since gone away. Still think voting outside of myself would probably be Stanley to be honest, he seems normal and is a good wild card for what he'd do. I'd also put Monkey up for leader just for the lolz to be honest, I don't see scum there and how people handle her feels like it would say a lot to me.

Kyan just hit a good question to Fantomas I hadn't really thought of so that's cool too.

Still down on SophiaCee. Trying to feel out Faddy and Natiko since I don't know what to make of it. And Fran being inconsistent reads a little odd but seems up his alley to be honest, I usually find his play uneven.

Oct 25, 2017
Chuggs seems to be playing a parrot. Not nice vibes.

Am I supposed to just not agree with reads that are similar to mine? I said earlier that I thought Fran was suspicious to me and I think that Brazil post kind of nails what I'm feeling. Fanto made some solid points about Ketkat too, and I'm still pretty nervous about her especially because she's playing similar to a game I played with her where she was scum.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Am I supposed to just not agree with reads that are similar to mine? I said earlier that I thought Fran was suspicious to me and I think that Brazil post kind of nails what I'm feeling. Fanto made some solid points about Ketkat too, and I'm still pretty nervous about her especially because she's playing similar to a game I played with her where she was scum.
Personally, I can't quite put my finger on it, but you are reading a bit scummy to me in a tone way I guess? I'll have to go back and grab some quotes, but I remember there was an alarm that went off in my head when we were chatting a bit last night when I subbed in.

Oct 25, 2017
Personally, I can't quite put my finger on it, but you are reading a bit scummy to me in a tone way I guess? I'll have to go back and grab some quotes, but I remember there was an alarm that went off in my head when we were chatting a bit last night when I subbed in.

Man, people always think my tone is off early game. This was the argument scum Fanto used against me last time we played together too. That's just how I do

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Man, people always think my tone is off early game. This was the argument scum Fanto used against me last time we played together too. That's just how I do
Lol, was it? I thought I was saying that you weren't scum hunting or something.

Anyways, yeah, we only had the one interaction, but it was more the overall way you reacted to me coming in the game. Like at first, you were all "Hey, Fanto's here" and stuff, but you weren't making any posts about the game itself. Then I make a big post, you're still nowhere to be found, I prod you a bit for your thoughts, and you come at me with this:
Fran concerns me right now, but it's purely meta. The one game I played with him he was scum and kind of took up the role of town leader so I'm a bit weary of him trying to steer town in one way or another. I feel a bit better about him after my interactions with him, but I'm not ready to say he's town yet. He's someone I think should keep and eye on, but I also think town Fran would be really useful for scum hunting later so I would rather keep him around until we get some more info.

Aside from that, and at the risk of sounding like I'm copying your read, ketkat sticks out to me as someone I would for if I could vote for similar reasons that you listed.
That's a lot of words to tell me you have a null read on Fran.

And then yeah, you basically just reaffirmed my read on Ketkat to me, but you didn't give me any of your own thoughts on her, you just agreed with mine.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Don't tell me you're agreeing with laziness

No, just wanted to point it out but it's also what I expect from Fran on you so that's really as far as I go.

When I'm scum, I also quote gut and tone and feelings a lot too. This is not shade, this is an accusation.

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
I 4 1 am not about to begin a cross-reference when this has been 20 pages of nothing but family reunion scandal-mongering about how they'll ruin next year's when we've all just gotten here for this one.

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato

It's the impression you give when you agree with someone instead of expressing your opinion. Echoing someone else's opinion just does not feel as genuine to me. When you have little to add to the argument, it does not convince me that you really think the way you say you think.

Also, I wanted to get your thoughts on this a bit more, because I have been feeling weird thoughts about Chuggernaut too. That's why I just put him in my "Keeping An Eye On Them" list.

Chuggs became a sidetrack from the minor complaint I had towards Monkey earlier. Monkey follows her Fando read with wanting him as the leader, what convinces Chugg to join the cause. That rang bells, "Where have I seen this before?" I searched for Chugg's posts and saw few others like that: posts where he presents the argument someone else makes for him. He gives air to the arguments without really adding into them or taking the responsibility for them.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
I know this is just a glorified town reads list but this is a weird way to present it, it's almost like a bribe to get people on the list to swing your way in a pinch.

To be honest, I've put no thought towards Ket yet aside from correcting Geno when he tried to downplay her ability. She hasn't left any impression on me this game aside from sounding a little fake I guess? I don't have a good word but specifically thought the post from her saying she wanted to be more fun this game but got shit for it to be a little "woe is me" but no enough for me to really care right now.

This is a lot of people with varying reactions to what they found problematic with Sophia to just lump together as sheep. I'm actually surprised to begin with that you yielded to begin with that I brought a specific reason and other people didn't.

I'm still of the mind all of you are wrong about Sophia/Cee Cee and there is definitely mafia in the group scum reading her.

At least you had the first and explained reason. And your stances on the how we should be using the leadership role make me feel better about you here.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
When you have little to add to the argument, it does not convince me that you really think the way you say you think.
Chuggs became a sidetrack from the minor complaint I had towards Monkey earlier. Monkey follows her Fando read with wanting him as the leader, what convinces Chugg to join the cause. That rang bells, "Where have I seen this before?" I searched for Chugg's posts and saw few others like that: posts where he presents the argument someone else makes for him. He gives air to the arguments without really adding into them or taking the responsibility for them.
Yes, that's the other thing I noted about Chuggs that I forgot, it was before I came in the game. I definitely agree with all of that.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Because Turmoil dropped the subject on his own:

When Malus kept pushing the issue:

This was after I asked why he though it would be a good idea.

And you are making it look like I went after Malus as soon as he shared his idea, while I keep asking questions and giving arguments to see if he would back down but he never did.
Fran, the more you talk about this, the weirder it seems. It seems like you're digging deeper than you'd have to to explain something that shouldn't be hard to explain.

As I clealry said previously, my criticism was pointing at the difference between the initial reactions you had to turmoil and malus saying the same thing. turmoil only dropped that idea after you'd already reacted amenably to his initial suggestion, so that doesn't explain anything. And you did go after malus as soon as he shared his idea - he proposed it on post #759, and you confronted him about it on #764. Once again, what happened after that doesn't explain anything because your initial reactions are what I'm questioning.

It feels arbitrary, and the fact that you didn't simply explain yourself by saying something like "I changed my mind between then and now" is adding on top of it.

Oct 25, 2017
Lol, was it? I thought I was saying that you weren't scum hunting or something.

Anyways, yeah, we only had the one interaction, but it was more the overall way you reacted to me coming in the game. Like at first, you were all "Hey, Fanto's here" and stuff, but you weren't making any posts about the game itself. Then I make a big post, you're still nowhere to be found, I prod you a bit for your thoughts, and you come at me with this:

That's a lot of words to tell me you have a null read on Fran.

And then yeah, you basically just reaffirmed my read on Ketkat to me, but you didn't give me any of your own thoughts on her, you just agreed with mine.

Nah, it was tone. I was being a bit aggressive early game, so it's not exactly the same though.

Anyway, that's not a null read on Fran. That's a lean scum lean for Fran, but I didn't feel strong enough about it to kill him today. That feeling has gotten stronger throughout the day though. I dunno, day 1 is hard so I'm always afraid about committing to a read this early because it's a lot of jumping on small slights that people make and hoping you get scum. Even though I mostly agree with your ketkat read I'm still not sure I would go after her because I don't like going after people for weird stuff they say about voting on day 1

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
Ketkat's change of ways, or to be exact, the fact that she feels she needs to make a point out of it is just a tad too defensive.

but not everybobby is accustomed to the art that is shit-post, i'll give her that

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

At least you came with something more concrete right before I posted that by pointing at something specific on Chuggs but a lot of your content before then was random names followed by "it just feels right" or referencing tone without actually saying what that means.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Looking back at the player list a few things jumped out at me:

Zubz Giant Panda Kawl

You three have maybe left the smallest impression on me of all three players. I honestly can't recall much of anything from this group - care to share some more thoughts? What do you think of the current leader..leaders?

Fireblend Terraforce

Both of you seem to have blended into the background a bit more as of late. How are you feeling about your votes at this stage? Who would you pop given the chance?

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017

Zubz Giant Panda Kawl

You three have maybe left the smallest impression on me of all three players. I honestly can't recall much of anything from this group - care to share some more thoughts? What do you think of the current leader..leaders?

Fireblend Terraforce

Both of you seem to have blended into the background a bit more as of late. How are you feeling about your votes at this stage? Who would you pop given the chance?
Natiko doing the real work

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
Oh and Monkey-Fando connection bothers me. The way Monkey sets up Fandorin as the leader vote is rather clean. Too clean.

bathes in dirt

Not enough for a murderererer though me thinks.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
I don't mean this as a slight, but I had to double-check to see if Giant Panda was actually in the game. None of their posts so far managed to activate my synapses, tbh. Like

I agree with this post, though I think scum might be hesitant to push a scum partner too hard for leader. But I definitely see a few of the scum appealing to the entire group to become leader.
Yeah?

But Fandorin said something early on about liking what Panda had said - why's that?

VOTE: Brazil

Still is the town read I feel best about between the strength of my read and the general strength of the player.
2019 goal: believing in me as much as Natiko seems to.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
What stuck out to me was you following my vote on Fando, specifically.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Giant Panda feels like typical early-game GP to me. Both the games I've played with him he was basically just like this on D1.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Giant Panda feels like typical early-game GP to me. Both the games I've played with him he was basically just like this on D1.
And to be clear, I mean he doesn't post much early, but pops in with decently Townish thoughts from time to time. I'd maybe have to reread to see what exactly he's said so far, but I don't remember anything feeling too odd.

Oct 25, 2017
Quick question. What's an easy way to search posts from an individual poster in a thread?

What stuck out to me was you following my vote on Fando, specifically.

That was more just a put a vote down vote then anything tbh. Fando seems like he wouldn't be a bad pick though and you did kind of sell me on that in our exchange. Don't know what else to say about that. I see your point though.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Zubz and Kawl on the other hand have been pretty much all fluff from what I remember.

Oct 25, 2017
Giant Panda being barely here feels like a very Giant Panda thing to do. I don't think that would be a good kill

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
I don't mean this as a slight, but I had to double-check to see if Giant Panda was actually in the game. None of their posts so far managed to activate my synapses, tbh. Like

Yeah?

But Fandorin said something early on about liking what Panda had said - why's that?

2019 goal: believing in me as much as Natiko seems to.
Feels like you really hit the ground running this game and coming off of playing with scum Brazil the difference seems more stark than it even normally might. I have other town reads (Cabot and Fire though those got a little shakier, AB because his catch up posts feel genuine and like something scum probably wouldn't bother continuing to do when they weren't significantly engaged, and Monkey though I'm beginning to realize she's good at faking her town demeanor so that's a bit more TBD) but of them I would feel best about you pulling the trigger.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised to hear that because Brazil is reminding me of HvV very mildly and I've just been kind of stuck in the camp of "I think that's just the way he plays"

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica

Zubz Giant Panda Kawl

Fireblend Terraforce

Ive been sick all day and finally decided to go to bed, so don't expect many posts from me for the rest of the day. That said, I'm wary about Geno, maybe Sophia/CeeCee, Brazil since he doesn't seem to be playing at his usual level (unless that's changed in the last couple pages I haven't read). And Zubz and Fran due to what I said earlier about them coming out of the gate saying they didn't want to be leaders. Got plenty of blond spots, Ketkat, Terra, Pirate Bae and Natiko come to mind when thinking who I'd like to look at next.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised to hear that because Brazil is reminding me of HvV very mildly and I've just been kind of stuck in the camp of "I think that's just the way he plays"
In KH Mafia he was more obstinate as scum, quick to be defensive, and he didn't produce as many 'original thoughts' when scum hunting. I suppose he could have adapted again - but I currently feel pretty good about him.

Oct 25, 2017
Malus strikes me as town. He's been called out as posting a lot of stats and not much else as both scum and town, and his play here comes across as a genuine attempt to evolve his play style.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Giant Panda being barely here feels like a very Giant Panda thing to do. I don't think that would be a good kill
Do y'all think a scum GP would be any different?

I'm not saying let's lynch him or anything. I'm just wondering at giving one person a pass for not doing much but not others. Plenty of people don't do much d1.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Do y'all think a scum GP would be any different?

I'm not saying let's lynch him or anything. I'm just wondering at giving one person a pass for not doing much but not others. Plenty of people don't do much d1.
Not really, it's just more that I wouldn't put him in the same category as the other people Natiko was calling out there. I kind of rambled on through a few posts there when I should have just made it all in one post.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
Fran, the more you talk about this, the weirder it seems. It seems like you're digging deeper than you'd have to to explain something that shouldn't be hard to explain.

As I clealry said previously, my criticism was pointing at the difference between the initial reactions you had to turmoil and malus saying the same thing. turmoil only dropped that idea after you'd already reacted amenably to his initial suggestion, so that doesn't explain anything. And you did go after malus as soon as he shared his idea - he proposed it on post #759, and you confronted him about it on #764. Once again, what happened after that doesn't explain anything because your initial reactions are what I'm questioning.

It feels arbitrary, and the fact that you didn't simply explain yourself by saying something like "I changed my mind between then and now" is adding on top of it.

Do you call this confrontation?:

Why do you think this is our best course of action?

Why not just have everyone share their reads and have the leader choose his target without a restriction?

I'm just asking a question and giving him an alternative. I'm not even saying that his plan was bad or anything until after he keep pushing on with it.

I don't see the inconsistences: Turmoil said that choosing between 2 targets could be good but maybe difficult to do, I said that it wouldn't be so difficult and he just decided to drop it anyway. Malus gives his plan, I asked why he think it would be the best plan and he keeps pushing with it. At this point is when I said that I don't agree. I just wanted to let them talk about why they though it's was a good idea.

If you want me to say that I changed my mind in the middle, ok. I changed my mind in the middle in the same way that you voted for Fando, said that you didn't trust him but kept your vote.