• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
I just looked at some players that I forgot that they were in the game and Zubz has 11 posts of only fluff. There is nothing there.

So, Zubz who do you think it would be a good leader and why?

And who are you leaning for scum right now?

OP
OP
The Bear

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 1 VOTES ====
Day Start

cabot (2 votes)
kawl - #591
fireblend - #707

sorian (2 votes)
terraforce - #104
rac - #510
fireblend - #692 #707

blargonaut (2 votes)
faddy - #94
blargonaut - #329
sophia - #376 #389

fandorin (2 votes)
brazil - #172
dr. monkey - #565 #736
thechuggernaut - #576

terraforce (1 votes)
shadowswordmaster - #85

stanleypalmtree (1 votes)
dr. monkey - #736

kyanrute (1 votes)
cabot - #657

ceecee (1 votes)
ceecee - #670

geno (1 votes)
geno - #77

fluxwavez (1 votes)
zubz - #101 #582
sophia - #132 #376
sophia - #389

natiko (1 votes)
natiko - #79

fireblend (0 votes)
fandorin - #324 #715

Post Counts:
blargonaut: 72 cabot: 49 geno: 49 fran: 47 dr. monkey: 45 sorian: 45 sophia: 40 pirate bae: 31 fandorin: 30 terraforce: 30 natiko: 29 fireblend: 26 fluxwavez: 22 brazil: 20 faddy: 19 thechuggernaut: 15 grizzly: 12 stanleypalmtree: 12 ketkat: 11 zubz: 11 kawl: 11 rac: 10 ceecee: 9 kyanrute: 9 fantomas: 7 turmoil7: 7 giant panda: 5 shadowswordmaster: 3 malus: 2

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Serious question: Is there anyone in this community that is known for, or has a history of advocating for, no lynching? Because otherwise this feels like a weird post to me.
No lynch is often a point of contention. Buck Bumble Mafia in particular was one where it was debated upon more than it should have been. Don't know what's weird about it, but I meant what I said. The last thing I want is a wasted D1 because someone wants to act as if they're taking the moral high ground.

Everyone who's presently not voting for themselves as a default state should be high on your suspicions. Breaking ties tells
Disagreed. I know I'm town. It's the other people I want info on. And I don't think the leader necessarily needs to be town to garner info from them. The default stance only works if you're only intent on voting town.

Terra for the Lols (maybe really).

tenor.gif

I would also like to point out the vote by ShadowSwordMaster. He is new to the game and goes directly to vote for Terraforce without any reasoning. As a new player I'd expect him to first watch a bit to see what's going on and all. I don't want to call it a collusion with Terra just yet, but it does give me a weird feeling in that direction. Also so far Fantomas hasn't really convinced me otherwise.
If the scum team is even half competent (which I'm sure they are given this roster) I doubt they would neglect to tell the newbie to not instantly make connections with scummates. That's scum tactics 101. Seems like a lazy reason to throw shade. If it were a vote at the day's end, I could see where you're coming from a bit more, but first post in the day?

No, it won't give us anything useful and will waste our time in the following days. Because instead of people voting for a lynch they are voting for someone they trust, meaning they can avoid putting their money where their mouth is. Aside from that, the next days the game will revolve around the leaders' choice, which probably will be a town lynch anyway. Normal day 1's are fine for town, if they weren't there would be a lot more no lynches than there are now. You just gotta play it smart.
But we still have day 1.5 which will inevitably force everyone to "put their money where their mouth is." I'm sure you didn't expect all ~30 of us to just sit there as the leader elects who to lynch. There obviously will be some form of discourse over who the leader should lynch, so if anything this gives us more time and more info than a normal lynch would.

Just now reading your response to Febe, but how would that change anything? We are still acting vicariously through the leader via our vote unofficial or not. If you contribute to the leader's inevitable vote, I'm not just going to act as if you didn't contribute to it either. This is akin to identifying a vote leader, like what often happens with Chris on b8 which always gives us info. Regardless of how this day ends, someone will be scrutinized just as with any day 1, even if the stance is altered.

Geno

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Thessaloniki
==== DAY 1 VOTES ====
Day Start

cabot (2 votes)
kawl - #591
fireblend - #707

sorian (2 votes)
terraforce - #104
rac - #510
fireblend - #692 #707

blargonaut (2 votes)
faddy - #94
blargonaut - #329
sophia - #376 #389

fandorin (2 votes)
brazil - #172
dr. monkey - #565 #736
thechuggernaut - #576

terraforce (1 votes)
shadowswordmaster - #85

stanleypalmtree (1 votes)
dr. monkey - #736

kyanrute (1 votes)
cabot - #657

ceecee (1 votes)
ceecee - #670

geno (1 votes)
geno - #77

fluxwavez (1 votes)
zubz - #101 #582
sophia - #132 #376
sophia - #389

natiko (1 votes)
natiko - #79

fireblend (0 votes)
fandorin - #324 #715

Post Counts:
blargonaut: 72 cabot: 49 geno: 49 fran: 47 dr. monkey: 45 sorian: 45 sophia: 40 pirate bae: 31 fandorin: 30 terraforce: 30 natiko: 29 fireblend: 26 fluxwavez: 22 brazil: 20 faddy: 19 thechuggernaut: 15 grizzly: 12 stanleypalmtree: 12 ketkat: 11 zubz: 11 kawl: 11 rac: 10 ceecee: 9 kyanrute: 9 fantomas: 7 turmoil7: 7 giant panda: 5 shadowswordmaster: 3 malus: 2

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!
Can we remove the Sophia vote from Flux?

malus

Oct 30, 2017
Thanks. I'm not against doing a pseudo vote; not making our lynch choices explicit would be heaven for scum. What I'm against is choosing someone with the understanding that they'll lynch whoever the majority wants to lynch under threat of being lynched themselves. I'm not sure if that's what Malus means, he does say he wants the leader "having the final say".
I think ideally we want to decide on a pool of 2 or 3 lynch candidates from which the leader then chooses the final target. The problem with having the leader decide on their own is that there is nothing stopping scum from busing to hell and back since there is no threat of their vote leading to a scum kill. On the other hand if the leader blindly picks whoever is vote leader at end of day 1.5 we kind of throw away an opportunity to get more information from this day than who voted whom.

his previous post does sort of follow your guess to be honest.

malus, you mentioned shadow's vote on terra being shady but nothing on Fantomas. Since Shadow has now departed and fantomas has had a few substantial posts, care to re-evaluate that read?
Fantomas has had some okay posts now, but he hasn't really brought anything new to the table yet. Also I'm a bit wary of simply reevaluating everything once someone subs out. In GoT that's what brought mafia the win, when everyone kind of threw away their scum reads when one of them was replaced. So I'm going to keep an eye on the Fantomas/Terraforce duo and how they interact with each other.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
I think ideally we want to decide on a pool of 2 or 3 lynch candidates from which the leader then chooses the final target. The problem with having the leader decide on their own is that there is nothing stopping scum from busing to hell and back since there is no threat of their vote leading to a scum kill. On the other hand if the leader blindly picks whoever is vote leader at end of day 1.5 we kind of throw away an opportunity to get more information from this day than who voted whom.

Fantomas has had some okay posts now, but he hasn't really brought anything new to the table yet. Also I'm a bit wary of simply reevaluating everything once someone subs out. In GoT that's what brought mafia the win, when everyone kind of threw away their scum reads when one of them was replaced. So I'm going to keep an eye on the Fantomas/Terraforce duo and how they interact with each other.

The problem is how to whittle down the field to just 2 or 3 people?

I would rather see arguments for who should be shot rather than just straight votes.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks. I'm not against doing a pseudo vote; not making our lynch choices explicit would be heaven for scum. What I'm against is choosing someone with the understanding that they'll lynch whoever the majority wants to lynch under threat of being lynched themselves. I'm not sure if that's what Malus means, he does say he wants the leader "having the final say".
The way Sorian put it is what I already assumed would be the case. The collective town puts their hats into the ring, but the leader will still vote according to their reads. That way people can still be held accountable for their actions to some degree.

I figured as much as well. While I disagree with your mindset right now, this definitely feels like town Geno.

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
[QUOTE="malus, post: 16624808, member: 26208"]I think ideally we want to decide on a pool of 2 or 3 lynch candidates from which the leader then chooses the final target. The problem with having the leader decide on their own is that there is nothing stopping scum from busing to hell and back since there is no threat of their vote leading to a scum kill. On the other hand if the leader blindly picks whoever is vote leader at end of day 1.5 we kind of throw away an opportunity to get more information from this day than who voted whom.[/QUOTE]
I think this is something that is going to happen naturally anyway. I'd be surprised if whoever ends up lynched by the leader is some out-of-nowhere choice rather than someone who'll have been talked about previously. The leader isn't going to make a choice in a vacuum, they know they'll be held accountable for their actions, so they'll either have to justify their choice pre-lynch (which should make some people agree) or go with an already popular choice. Which again, makes it odd for me that Geno is arguing so strongly in favor of pretending this is a normal D1 and having the leader just vote for the most popular lynch candidate like they're going to act without any input from the rest of the players.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
I think ideally we want to decide on a pool of 2 or 3 lynch candidates from which the leader then chooses the final target.

Why do you think this is our best course of action?

Why not just have everyone share their reads and have the leader choose his target without a restriction?

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
Faddy where are you leaning right now?

Are you really thinking we should give the leader position to Blarg or it's just a joke?

Also what's your take on Sorian? You said that if you were elected you would lynch him and it seemed like a meta joke but then you claimed that you wouldn't give the leadership to Sorian because it would be too much risk. Both are mostly meta reads. What are you thinking about Sorian THIS game?

Also anyone else that is suspicious to you?

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Did your feelings on Fandorin change, or did you want to diversify the votes, or did you start seeing Stan as a better leader alternative for some reason, or something else? Just curious.
I posted about all that...? Do you have a more specific question? cabot raised a fair point about Fando that is worth watching and I get a town sense on Stan, though I don't know if I will keep my vote there.

Terraforce - I don't want to quote the whole post, but no, I don't think we can or should assume scum would tell a new player about balancing connecting to while keeping distance from a team. If you have a newbie scum, there's a lot to tell.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
If the scum team is even half competent (which I'm sure they are given this roster) I doubt they would neglect to tell the newbie to not instantly make connections with scummates. That's scum tactics 101. Seems like a lazy reason to throw shade. If it were a vote at the day's end, I could see where you're coming from a bit more, but first post in the day?
But why did SSW vote you in his first post and without any reasoning? It doesn't make sense to me. Especially for a new player. And why would a vote at day end be more suspicious? At that point we would have more information and everyone would have made up their mind. A vote without information seems to be much more suspect to me.

The problem is how to whittle down the field to just 2 or 3 people?

I would rather see arguments for who should be shot rather than just straight votes.
We can still use the vote tool even if the votes don't actually count.

Why do you think this is our best course of action?

Why not just have everyone share their reads and have the leader choose his target without a restriction?
If we decide on a pool of candidates everyone should make their case on who should or shouldn't be in this pool, so everyone has to share their reads anyway. I'm really not a fan of having the leader choose the target without restriction, because it takes all agency away from the other players.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I don't want to quote the whole post, but no, I don't think we can or should assume scum would tell a new player about balancing connecting to while keeping distance from a team. If you have a newbie scum, there's a lot to tell.
You don't need to explain to them the entire process. You're a failed scum team if you don't give your new player even a little bit of coaching. Telling them to not instantly link themselves to a scummate isn't teaching someone inorganic chemistry. I'm not sure why you act as if that's such complex information to instill into someone. Heck, even for a new player that would be a rather stupid move to pull. If it were EoD or if votes were close I could see that idea being entertained, but the logic currently being used is so damn flimsy.

I'll be in an out for a bit since I have the worst headache (it's why I had to dip so early last night) and still have errands to run.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
If we decide on a pool of candidates everyone should make their case on who should or shouldn't be in this pool, so everyone has to share their reads anyway. I'm really not a fan of having the leader choose the target without restriction, because it takes all agency away from the other players.

But why should we limit our choices? If that happens naturally as Fireblend said is one thing but deciding to do that seems like you are trying to take some players away from discussion.

I'm totally against it.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Faddy where are you leaning right now?

Are you really thinking we should give the leader position to Blarg or it's just a joke?

Also what's your take on Sorian? You said that if you were elected you would lynch him and it seemed like a meta joke but then you claimed that you wouldn't give the leadership to Sorian because it would be too much risk. Both are mostly meta reads. What are you thinking about Sorian THIS game?

Also anyone else that is suspicious to you?

I probably wouldn't shoot Sorian. That was a joke. I see me, you, Fandorin, Sorian and probably a few others feeling the same way about how to use the leader role.

I'm not sure about my shooting pool. Right now I am more likely to shoot someone I think I read well but it is too early to have a solid read one way or another. Ruling out CeeCee since I think my Sophia read is good.

Cabot is suspect with all his easy/dumb questions but that is really weak. Geno for being a bit too sensible early on and I agree that Ket Kat has been weirder than usual with her overly tedious randomness comments. So they would all be in my shoot pool.

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I posted about all that...? Do you have a more specific question? cabot raised a fair point about Fando that is worth watching and I get a town sense on Stan, though I don't know if I will keep my vote there.
Sorry, I had to dig a bit to find it. It was the mod joke comment thing right? You still had Fando as a "maybe" town read in the post I quoted so I was curious what was up with that.

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

You don't need to explain to them the entire process. You're a failed scum team if you don't give your new player even a little bit of coaching. Telling them to not instantly link themselves to a scummate isn't teaching someone inorganic chemistry. I'm not sure why you act as if that's such complex information to instill into someone. Heck, even for a new player that would be a rather stupid move to pull. If it were EoD or if votes were close I could see that idea being entertained, but the logic currently being used is so damn flimsy.

Well, considering you're part of the controversy, I'll say I found odd how you're rather defending yourself at this point for what Shadow did.

I know I'd just dismiss it completely since that was his only actual post in the game.

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I think discussing this option is a waste of time because it's gonna happen either way. You think whoever ends up as a leader is going to shoot arbitrarily without input and people backing them up?

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
See I don't see why we have to make a big deal out of the election thing, the method I mentioned solves everything nicely, we forget the leader part and act like this is a normal day of mafia. It's weird how everyone is all like "wouldn't trust him, wouldn't trust her, maybe trust that person", if you don't want to trust them then don't, you can only trust your vote.
Exactly. Hence why the leader vote should default to the protagonist

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
And I'm not feeling good about Brazil too.

There isn't much there, a vote to Fandorin because they are family, he talked mostly about Terra/Flux and not much else.

I expect a lot more from him and I think scum Brazil would try to stay out of the spotlight so I'm suspicious about him.

Anything to share with us Brazil? Some reads?

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
But why did SSW vote you in his first post and without any reasoning? It doesn't make sense to me. Especially for a new player. And why would a vote at day end be more suspicious? At that point we would have more information and everyone would have made up their mind. A vote without information seems to be much more suspect to me..
He left before he could explain himself so that we will never know. All I said up to that point was the Kingdom Hearts bit so maybe he liked it. Though to that same point, we don't know why he voted in the first place. For all we know he could have done it because he disliked what I said. It's all baseless speculation, but it's the root of your logic that I'm contesting here. Like I said, you're a failed mafia team if you don't give the least bit of coaching, plus I'm just recalling I'm pretty sure Roy was supposed to help him as well. Something is up if you're given all that assistance and still make a move as blatantly dense as you're implying him to have done.

EoD seems more suspicious for the same reason a bandwagon EoD vote on any day seems suspicious. Scum have to put an effort towards shifting the narrative and changing the vote in the direction they want it to move so they can have control. In the beginning of the day it does nothing to vote somewhere that has zero momentum. If a new player is towards the tail end of a two person split and votes the one that flips town over the one that flips scum, that says significantly more than a new player that votes town in the first ten posts of the day then changes their vote later.

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
I just looked at some players that I forgot that they were in the game and Zubz has 11 posts of only fluff. There is nothing there.

So, Zubz who do you think it would be a good leader and why?

And who are you leaning for scum right now?

Bathroom skimming, but...

1.) Dr. Monkey but she's busy preparing to be a doctor in real life, so I don't want to burden her. Leaning away from Blarg & Sorian.

2.) No big leans yet. Blarg's definitely playing differently, but as I explained before, I think that's just the nature of this being a Blarg-themed game. Still, it's the most prominent lean I have so far.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Well, considering you're part of the controversy, I'll say I found odd how you're rather defending yourself at this point for what Shadow did.

I know I'd just dismiss it completely since that was his only actual post in the game.
You think it's weird to defend yourself in mafia?...what?

I'm pointing out why I find the reasoning flawed. I did dismiss it entirely which is why I mostly ignored it, but I'm mentioning it now becausee others have brought it up which I think is silly.

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
[...] I think Blarg is making a genuine effort, I'm just not sure what that effort is going towards yet :P

*snip*

Look, being the appointed MC I'm contractually obligated to provide a modicum of responsible nostalgia pandering before breaking out the news, so to speak. Given especially this is a time-travel themed game I have no qualms about dropping the oldest references for the lowest bidder. If that means me having to dredge up the curly straw to make a point I'll do that

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
hey all, sorry I haven't been around. I thought the game started TODAY not yesterday. My days are all messed up after getting back from PA with my pup. I'm up to page 3, going to skip to read the last page and then fill in. I'm around most of the day other than a few errands and the usual farm stuff.

cabot

Oct 25, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
You think it's weird to defend yourself in mafia?...what?

I'm pointing out why I find the reasoning flawed. I did dismiss it entirely which is why I mostly ignored it, but I'm mentioning it now becausee others have brought it up which I think is silly.
Not that you are defending yourself, no. But it feels like you're trying to justify Shadow's vote based on things we cannot know, and instead of simply noting that Shadow's out of the game and we can't ask him anymore, you instead based your defense on what a competent scum team should do. Weird angle to me.

cabot

Oct 25, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
jesus, twice.

malus the above is in response to this quote:

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
He left before he could explain himself so that we will never know. All I said up to that point was the Kingdom Hearts bit so maybe he liked it. Though to that same point, we don't know why he voted in the first place. For all we know he could have done it because he disliked what I said. It's all baseless speculation, but it's the root of your logic that I'm contesting here. Like I said, you're a failed mafia team if you don't give the least bit of coaching, plus I'm just recalling I'm pretty sure Roy was supposed to help him as well. Something is up if you're given all that assistance and still make a move as blatantly dense as you're implying him to have done.

EoD seems more suspicious for the same reason a bandwagon EoD vote on any day seems suspicious. Scum have to put an effort towards shifting the narrative and changing the vote in the direction they want it to move so they can have control. In the beginning of the day it does nothing to vote somewhere that has zero momentum. If a new player is towards the tail end of a two person split and votes the one that flips town over the one that flips scum, that says significantly more than a new player that votes town in the first ten posts of the day then changes their vote later.

Counterpoint. What if he was advised to put down an early vote and thought it was easiest to vote for a team mate.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
I think discussing this option is a waste of time because it's gonna happen either way. You think whoever ends up as a leader is going to shoot arbitrarily without input and people backing them up?
No, I don't think that. I just fear that if we let the leader do his thing there is no risk for scum to bus each other. If there are no consequences for your reads, just throw shade everywhere so you can later say "see I said it there first" when one of them should flip.

Woops, let's try that again...

I would normally agree with your logic. However, these are the only game posts Shadow made. What is there to keep after Fantomas subbed in?
Well there is the vote out of nowhere. It's not much but why would anyone (especially a new player) come into the game with a random vote? It just seems weird to me.

OP
OP
The Bear

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
I've added unvote commands to Shadowswordmaster's and Sophia's latest vote posts in order for vote tool show proper vote counts.

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
hey all, sorry I haven't been around. I thought the game started TODAY not yesterday. My days are all messed up after getting back from PA with my pup. I'm up to page 3, going to skip to read the last page and then fill in. I'm around most of the day other than a few errands and the usual farm stuff.
Don't bother, it's just 16 pages of them disrespecting Ending B

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
No, I don't think that. I just fear that if we let the leader do his thing there is no risk for scum to bus each other. If there are no consequences for your reads, just throw shade everywhere so you can later say "see I said it there first" when one of them should flip.
I don't think there's less/more risk to scum bussing (for them) with the leader system than without. Again, the leader will be influenced by them and not making a choice in a vacuum so they'd still be risking persuading them and getting a teammate lynched if they all suddenly start bussing.

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
food eaten omnom

I like where you're going. Please expand on how this looks for everyone.

Political parties. Everyone posts their desires for scrutiny and record-keeping.

Who would you kill?
Why would you kill them?
Considering that we are using FPTP, how will you respond to the electorate after you've received x% of the vote? Do note that it is possible that you, the leader, are elected with an effective minority of the overall votes. Will you obey the electorate, listen to them, or give no two fucks about them?

Atm I can only answer the final one, I'd personally listen to the electorate, should I be elected as the benevolent dictator. More votes would mean a stronger mandate to do as I wish and vice versa, imo.

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
Gonna go back to sleep in a few minutes, but some hazy bedtime reads:

-I like Malus' contributions, although I don't agree with how he wants the day handled.

-Hi Fantomas.

-Something's off with Geno. Not sure if it's just day 1 jitters or something more.

-not a fan of everyone jumping on the Fandorin train, although I do see the reasoning for it. Feels like an easy place to throw a vote. I don't think I'll be voting there today, as I have a light town read on him and I'd like to see someone I have few reads on in the hot seat.

More later.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Oh god. Well, I "caught up" by glossing over everything.

'Sup CeeCee. You're the only one I would lynch right now if it came down to it due to your predecessor. Perhaps you'll convince me otherwise.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus Christ. Sophia was town. I was scum with her in the last game I played. I modded a game where she was scum.

What she had done was already way out her usual scum play.