• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If I'm understanding the hesitation correctly, the only possible downside to lynching me first is the possibility that both Fand and I are scum, and I'm giving him one extra day because he supposedly has the most powerful PR.

Look around you. Scum would be losing 4 players in a row. There's no way this would make any difference in the game, even if Fand's hypothetical powers were as strong as HvV!Sorian's.

I'm town and I'm telling you that this is the best for town. And even if I wasn't, it really wouldn't matter.

The "stronger" role here is the roleblock because it forces scum to kill Bae immediately, giving Fran and Fantomas another free day of C O N F I R M E D T O W N status. And that is a problem for a scum team no matter how fucked they are because Bae is probably not a mislynch but she has a better chance of going than Fran or Fanto.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
So, Brazil, your position is that your flip will largely clear Fandorin?
Not 100%, but it would definitely be a bigger boon to Fand than his flip would be to mine. If you comb through our interactions, you'll see.

If you are scum i hate you so much for this post right now. so, so, so much. fuck.
I'm not worried about being hated by you, then.

didn't you say your role is far more important than Fand's, though?
I said my PR is more powerful than Fand's, yes. It's true.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, I officially no longer have a clue what is going on.

Brazil is bluffing hoping to split up the vote a bit, if it stays close moves can be made at day end tha fuck this all up, if more people don't move, we just have to move back to Fando, it's not hard.

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
If I'm understanding the hesitation correctly, the only possible downside to lynching me first is the possibility that both Fand and I are scum, and I'm giving him one extra day because he supposedly has the most powerful PR.

Look around you. Scum would be losing 4 players in a row. There's no way this would make any difference in the game, even if Fand's hypothetical powers were as strong as HvV!Sorian's.

I'm town and I'm telling you that this is the best for town. And even if I wasn't, it really wouldn't matter.

Why on earth do you go through this clownshow and then expect us to follow you without explanation?

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
are you interested in solving or role fishing here
Really, monkey? Brazil makes a whole post about how him dying is better for Town despite saying how his role was 'stronger' earlier and you don't find it weird he just didn't mention that point in his post?
Okay, I officially no longer have a clue what is going on.
No no, you're not doing this again. Give a stance on what is happening.

OP
OP
The Bear

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 4 VOTES ====
Day Start

fandorin (5 votes)
fluxwavez - #3,902 #3,963
sorian - #3,907 #4,432
fantomas - #3,912 #3,992
sawneeks - #3,913 #4,957
fluxwavez - #3,965 #3,999
fantomas - #4,360
pirate bae - #4,391
blargonaut - #4,534 #4,581
fluxwavez - #4,564 #4,983
dr. monkey - #4,624
blargonaut - #4,638
ezekelrage - #4,644
sorian - #4,873 #4,985
kyanrute - #4,900 #4,907

brazil (4 votes)
ezekelrage - #4,218 #4,254
fluxwavez - #4,220 #4,423
ezekelrage - #4,261 #4,644
fran - #4,373
sorian - #4,432 #4,681
sorian - #4,681 #4,873
brazil - #4,981
fluxwavez - #4,983
sorian - #4,985

malus (4 votes)
rac - #3,957 #4,117
fandorin - #4,159 #4,716
rac - #4,212
brazil - #4,231 #4,605
lone_prodigy - #4,378
fluxwavez - #4,423 #4,564
kyanrute - #4,473 #4,810
ceecee - #4,512
natiko - #4,580
blargonaut - #4,581 #4,600
brazil - #4,671 #4,685

sorian (2 votes)
blargonaut - #4,020 #4,534
ezekelrage - #4,188 #4,218
brazil - #4,685 #4,981
fandorin - #4,716
malus - #4,720

rac (0 votes)
rac - #4,117 #4,212

ezekelrage (0 votes)
brazil - #3,896 #3,991

fandorin[/vote] (0 votes)
dr. monkey - #4,623 #4,624

sawneeks (0 votes)
natiko - #3,921 #4,580

fluxwavez (0 votes)
brazil - #3,991 #4,231
fantomas - #3,992 #4,141

ceecee (0 votes)
ezekelrage - #3,893 #4,188

Post Counts:
brazil: 137 sorian: 131 dr. monkey: 115 fantomas: 109 ezekelrage: 104 fandorin: 85 fluxwavez: 82 fran: 62 blargonaut: 48 kyanrute: 45 sawneeks: 43 natiko: 32 rac: 27 grizzly: 19 malus: 16 lone_prodigy: 15 ceecee: 14 pirate bae: 12 fireblend: 10 absolutbro: 8

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Why can't brazil just explain everything?

If it's as powerful as he says, then if scum kills him we get the answer neway.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
The "stronger" role here is the roleblock because it forces scum to kill Bae immediately, giving Fran and Fantomas another free day of C O N F I R M E D T O W N status. And that is a problem for a scum team no matter how fucked they are because Bae is probably not a mislynch but she has a better chance of going than Fran or Fanto.
If Fand and I are both scum, scum's already done for. One extra day of roleblock wouldn't make a difference.

You shouldn't be too worried, though, because you already said you thought Fandorin was town, and that I was the scum between us. You shouldn't hesitate to lynch the one you think is scum.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Why on earth do you go through this clownshow and then expect us to follow you without explanation?
I've explained.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Ahh, not the post I wanted to quote.

It's not just that, but also in terms of Fand and I as well. Him flipping doesn't come anywhere near clearing me, but my flip will go a long way in his defense.

My flip also helps clear the fog regarding the CeeCee/D1 leader situation, and all of the events that happened because of that debacle. Faddy tried pushing me a lot; there's a lot to comb through there. Who tried supporting him even though it didn't stick, etc.

And I was the one who put forth the bigger amount of theories (dumb or otherwise), so that will also help town look at things from my perspective. I think the amount of work I put in can be valuable if its perspective can be trusted, even if all of my conclusions ended up being wrong.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Really, monkey? Brazil makes a whole post about how him dying is better for Town despite saying how his role was 'stronger' earlier and you don't find it weird he just didn't mention that point in his post?
Really, Sneeks, I am less concerned a soft claim than with trying to figure out what's happening and the best way to move us toward a solution. If town and it was a PR that would save the game or him, Brazil would be more likely to claim normally. If scum and there was a good fake claim, he'd do that. This is something else, so Im

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
VOTE: Fandorin

No reason to trust these two. Endless obfuscation. Arguably, there could be reverse psychology to consider, but that is rather close to WIFOM.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Also why waste time doing the shitposting?

Side note: fando has a power that activates after a certain day phase? Recruit or something?

*shrug*

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Really, Sneeks, I am less concerned a soft claim than with trying to figure out what's happening and the best way to move us toward a solution. If town and it was a PR that would save the game or him, Brazil would be more likely to claim normally. If scum and there was a good fake claim, he'd do that. This is something else, so Im
*I'm less concerned with the soft claim and more concerned with trying to ferret out the angles here.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If Fand and I are both scum, scum's already done for. One extra day of roleblock wouldn't make a difference.

You shouldn't be too worried, though, because you already said you thought Fandorin was town, and that I was the scum between us. You shouldn't hesitate to lynch the one you think is scum.

No one ever said I was? I also think you are the stronger role if you're both scum (said that multiple times before your shit soft claim) so this is truly win-win for me.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
And asking for clarification on, 'hey you say killing you is the best move here yet you are powerful, what's up with that?' ISN'T trying to figure out the angle on this? Because not including that in the original post says that 'strong PR' claim is bullshit and was just there for Brazil to buy time.

malus

Oct 30, 2017

No no, you're not doing this again. Give a stance on what is happening.
Alright, I still believe Brazil and Fando are town. The way they town read each other, I find it hard to believe that one of them is really scum. If both of them are scum, then they have just set themselves up for a very bad situation and I don't see why scum would bring itself into this situation. What I don't understand is this whole PR situation. Looks like something big is going down and if it's the missing scum kills I'm going to be so mad.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Brazil how would your flip help in regards to cc? Is it that your town and she couldn't have shot Stan to give you leadership?
Precisely.

That would also help you comb through reactions to both my own and Stan's differing kill lists on D1. Faddy freaked out and started trying to incriminate me, for example. I'm sure there's more there.

CeeCee is a "he".

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
And asking for clarification on, 'hey you say killing you is the best move here yet you are powerful, what's up with that?' ISN'T trying to figure out the angle on this? Because not including that in the original post says that 'strong PR' claim is bullshit and was just there for Brazil to buy time.
I pre-answered this?

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
Fireblend absolutbro
I know y'all going through some shit but also it would be nice to see your thoughts here.
My day has been a shitshow, but I've been following via mobile as best I can. I'm finally at my PC and honestly, I don't have a lot to add. I largely town read Brazil and scum read Sorian. Brazil's defense of Malus (whom I scum read) reads like either he knows something I don't, or we just differ on the way things went down. Faddy's whole thing in particular seems a major point of contention: was he throwing shade on town or was he trying to camo scum and the end result is we have no good answer. We're particularly divided on that issue it seems, and as the only guaranteed way of knowing is lynching malus, that doesn't seem like it will resolve soon.

Fandorin seems like a whole separate issue. FWIW, the last few pages haven't given me a solid reason to town read him. It's a weak scum lean, which I would have had links and shit for, but I just didn't get to it. If Brazil does flip today and is town, unless he has a role with information I suspect there will be a large contingent of those today who want to go down that same road tomorrow. This sort of wastes Brazil's sacrifice (if town, which I think he will be), but at the very least we'll spend at least another 10 pages with people refusing to back down.

Vote: Fandorin

better to pull off that band-aid now. I would prefer a malus vote, but my going that way would make a 6-5-5 situation, and as much as I normally enjoy creating ties, this doesn't seem like the time.

As stupid as this is, I will be on mobile again until EoD. I'm sorry, you all deserve a better player than I have been lately.

Something sort of occurs to me though

Brazil you're willing to die, have you read star wars mafia?

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
If both of them are scum, then they have just set themselves up for a very bad situation and I don't see why scum would bring itself into this situation
Scum already screwed up on D2 and D3. There's no reason to give them the benefit of the doubt now, and they'd obviously need to make extreme decisions for extreme circumstances.

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil, would it help here for you to full claim? I think it would. People are getting hang up on that and it's completely unrelated to our case.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Precisely.

That would also help you comb through reactions to both my own and Stan's differing kill lists on D1. Faddy freaked out and started trying to incriminate me, for example. I'm sure there's more there.

CeeCee is a "he".
Ok, I figured you added the cc bit to entice me to move to you.

I'm staying.

If scum were so afraid of your d1 readlist, y not kill you?

Sorry cc, even though cc said he personally doesn't care.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
why is it scum taking over the train instead of you making all this up and being scum.
Why is malus town. Please explain someone. He feels ehh to Kyaaa and Kyaaa IS ALL CONFUSED.
Wait - so are you scumreading all three of those in contention or what? Not sure I've been able to follow your train of thought this day phase. Would appreciate clarification.

Actually, I have the most powerful role between the two of us. But your perspective makes sense. Too bad.
Bb what is u doin

Also why waste time doing the shitposting?

Side note: fando has a power that activates after a certain day phase? Recruit or something?

*shrug*
Too bastard for a game not advertised as such I would think, especially from Grizzly.

This day has been a waste. Brazil and Fan (with the help of Sorian egging the situation on) have basically created a thunderdome between themselves despite that being the exact opposite of what they desired. If I have to break a tie I'll vote Fan over Brazil, but I'll still take Saw and Malus over them.

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I will flip town and you guys will have to deal with this giant WIFOM from Brazil. I hope you guys are ready for that.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I am legitimately torn here. I have consistently scumread Fando more than Brazil but I've felt Brazil's shenanigans today (rl today) have been more anti-town. It leaves me really not sure what to do here.