• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
malus sounds good on paper but Brazil's vivacity speaks to me with more than words. It's calligraphy of the soul and only by destroying Fandorin will Brazil flow beyond cursive into pure Town-saving eloquence 9.5/10

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
we are just gonna get another day of brazil and sorian arguing anyways

Not if we lynch one of them.

tenor.gif

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
scum you should help me pile against Fandorin, then you can kill Brazil Tonight. The tunnel on malus will be hard but if he maintains hard read consistency Tomorrow I believe he'll be able to steer out of the early burst of votes, and Town will slough off elsewhere, let you rebuild credibility, come up with a fake-claim

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
First two quotes, I have a vote on Brazil. How is that not getting involved?

Last quote on monkey. Are you purposely ignoring that I followed that up with quoting that exact quote from monkey again, along with questioning monkey about how that post contradicts her using faddy in her earlier posts?

So you really don't have anything to support sidelines/fueling the fire comment?

But your vote is unrelated to the Sorian/Brazil fight.

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
On a subconscious level the Roleblocker's probably the one who has talked the least about/to Detective PirateBae. They're probably so nervous having to Roleblock the Cop that they're avoiding interaction without even realising it

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
Mafia try not Roleblocking PBae Tonight and let her get at least 1 read before eliminating the Cop. Chances are low due to the player count that one of you will be hit and you can make everyone believe you're apparently out of shots, or someone interfered with your Roleblocker and inadvertently found them out. Paves the way for one of you to fake-claim as Switcher or other interference-type Role, and lets you set up a potential game-winning mislynch for LYLO/MYLO/ISO whatever it's called

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm reading Conspiracy mafia and malus seems much more sure of himself there. More aggressive, too, though not more posts.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Vote: Fandorin

Was gonna wait until closer to the end of day to make the switch, but we're 3 votes towards a hammer, so let me switch to my actual target. It's a nice, smooth wagon that's formed here. Would be a shame if something happened to it.
Also I'm gonna echo Flux from earlier but...I wouldn't mind ending this Day Phase sooner? Folks seem to be kinda placed into their camps of either Fandorin/Brazil/Malus and it's really just arguing there who is going to be lynched first.
What is this anti-town sentiment? You and I are in this for the long haul now.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Vote: Fandorin

Was gonna wait until closer to the end of day to make the switch, but we're 3 votes towards a hammer, so let me switch to my actual target. It's a nice, smooth wagon that's formed here. Would be a shame if something happened to it.

What is this anti-town sentiment? You and I are in this for the long haul now.
Oh, shush.

gonna take this time before i'm off work to read over Turmoil's claim and then Faddy's claim.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Any response to posts 4419 or 4434?
It's pretty disingenuous to imply that I'm even approaching the level of Analyze Faddy that went into the cases on malus. My position has been that Fandorin reads scummy to me and that I thought Fandorin was acting odd around Faddy. The rest I addressed above to Fran and Brazil.

I'm gonna go back to what I was doing earlier before it was demanded I respond line by line to Brazil and Fandorin's joint case, which is compiling the votes and reads on malus from last phase for analysis.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Reading over Turmoil's claim and that Day End didn't show much. I do find it interesting that Turmoil goes from nothing to having 3 votes in a very short amount of time, most of which have no reasons attached to their vote post (might be farther behind but eh, may look later). These votes are: Fran, Zubz, and then Fireblend. Turmoil also gives an OMGUS vote to Zubz here right after which is equally odd.

After just those 3 votes he claims.

Of note here Malus' only real discussion of what happened is in his #2280 post which was apparently written up as Turmoil claimed and is then 'made moot'. Only thing I can gleam here is he believes Turmoil immediately and wants Flux dead.
Okay I'll go into more detail about the stats:
First all posted ranked lists are mapped to a range from 0 to 1, because people on the list itself didn't include themselves. That way the top scum gets a score of 1 and the top town gets a score of 0 and all other entries a score inbetween. With that we have a list of values in the range [0, 1] for each name on Frans list, which is then plotted in a box plot sorted by median value (yellow line).

I guess that's fair. I'll try to get my thoughts in order and get a couple explanations out, but I'm currently not very much awake so it may not come across as comprehensible as I think it does.

Both KetKat and Turmoil are generally scum or only very lightly town read (seen in the graph based on the ranked lists). There were a few mentions of how no one was defending KetKat but all those still put her rather low on their lists (I guess I'm guilty of this as well). In fact the only one completely town reading KetKat was Pirate Bae, whom I had an iffy feeling about anyway and it looked to me like she was trying to capitalize on a mislynch there.

If Pirate Bae flipped scum I would feel better about Chuggs and probably also about KetKat. I would look into people who kind of town read her but not very committed, such as Sawneeks or Faddy. A town flip would make me look into Zubz or Fireblend who had her as kind of scum but not very committed.

But this whole thing is moot now anyway with the role claim. So if Fran doesn't use the override I hope people who haven't voted yet go for Flux now.

Snorian gives a semi-pass to Turmoil in #2828. Says that Neapolitan is the weakest cop so having that plus alignment isn't too weird.

Fando has been covered but he just says don't lynch Bae in #2829. Then says Flux refusing to answer and calling out Turmoil settles that 'one of them needs to flip' but doesn't point fingers #2833. Does ask Turmoil how he gets his results #2837.

Malus' second to last post is just this. Still no opinion stated. Last post is just correcting Flux.
What the heck is going on?
I guess I'll just go to sleep now...

Just don't let it end on a draw or on Pirate Bae.

Finally gives thoughts. Would vote for Turmoil because the role is more beneficial to Scum than Town and Flux claiming commute adds a layer to it. #2853

Natiko comes in with this post where he says Turmoil's role 'screams scum' and then proceedes to back down from it in the same post.
This screams scum role to me. That or it's negative utility to town.

But this is a good point and is maybe the only way his sketchy ass post at the beginning of this phase makes any sense.

Flux's claim..I mean honestly it has to be at least a partial lie, but that doesn't mean he's scum. Oy vey.
Has anyone EVER seen turmoil's claimed role as a town role?

And then finally votes. Says that he 'always scumread Turmoil' and placed it there. Feel like this was answered somewhere in these 92 pages but having him wait to vote is odd and seems kinda scummy. It reads like he wanted to wait and see what others would do before voting. If he had already scumread him though and found the claim 'screaming scum' is seems odd to wait on that.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Heading home from work and not sure if I'll get to Faddy tonight, maybe tomorrow. I'll check in every now and then but I apologize in advance if not-sober sneeks shows up.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
It's pretty disingenuous to imply that I'm even approaching the level of Analyze Faddy that went into the cases on malus. My position has been that Fandorin reads scummy to me and that I thought Fandorin was acting odd around Faddy. The rest I addressed above to Fran and Brazil.

I'm gonna go back to what I was doing earlier before it was demanded I respond line by line to Brazil and Fandorin's joint case, which is compiling the votes and reads on malus from last phase for analysis.
Idk, you said nothing at all can be learned from faddy. But you gave your peace on that.

Thoughts on your reactions to the turmoil and faddy claims?

Your turmoil hesitation looks bad with the scum flip.
The only thing that makes me doubt voting for turmoil is why would scum do that?? I'm so confused. I'm confused by al hell of a lot that's happened.

With a bomb faddy scum may be hesitant to get off the faddy wagon if they are already there.
Claim doesn't prove.
#pedant
At this point you don't believe faddy, due in part to Natiko/faddy chat. But the claim doesn't prove lime could've been used for turmoil as well.
I don't want to be the game that lynched the doctor.

But there's something sticky here.
At this point you are still willing to lynch faddy. Ketkat hadn't counter claimed yet.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Well, I'm already working in a second game so maybe you will still have a chance.
Is it gunna be a Bastard game again? Because I think I'm done with those lol.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Also, hi, back home now.

Happy Birthday Sawneeks!

But you see, it's not me
Its not my family
In your head, in your head, they are fighting
With their tanks, and their bombs
And their bombs, and their guns
In your head, in your head, they are crying
Looks like CeeCee came and sang us some songs and then voted for Malus. I think this is the only song I recognized though.
I still have my vote on Fandorin but I may move it. I don't know. I'm 50/50 on them and I could argue for and against both of them easily.
Similar to yesterday when I had my vote on Faddy, I am feeling like I am still fine with my vote on Fandorin here. I do think one of Malus or Fandorin needs to be flipped today in order to give some solid info for us to work with tomorrow though.
On a subconscious level the Roleblocker's probably the one who has talked the least about/to Detective PirateBae. They're probably so nervous having to Roleblock the Cop that they're avoiding interaction without even realising it
I really like this read lol.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know what else to say about turmoil's claims, or my reaction to the Faddy counter claim. In both cases I was not at home, I was on mobile and also out. I was distracted. I had time with Faddy to inquire about his claim - which did not add up with what he had said previously and then I was walking across campus to my car when the rest hit. With turmoil, I was out trying to do some necessary shopping I needed to get done before the snow got worse. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If I'd voted earlier in the phase, I probably would have been one of the people voting for Ketkat like a dumb. When the claims went head to head, I had to evaluate on my phone while my daughter tried on dresses. It wasn't the most engaged I've ever been while playing mafia.

At this point you are still willing to lynch faddy. Ketkat hadn't counter claimed yet.
You weren't there for this, so I'll go over it again.

Flux was still willing to lynch Faddy and in fact calling for it. I was trying to figure out why a doctor claim would "prove" Faddy was town. It didn't make sense. And I know Faddy knows that, which is why I was trying to ask Natiko what Faddy had said in their boat, but you didn't grab that post. But we were several hours out from EoD and I was running late, so I left, thinking I'd just catch up when I got home, but people had been discussion Chuggs' claim in that mix so as I was walking, I put up that post about Chuggs without refreshing. I had no idea there had been a counterclaim.

You can ask me to repeat this stuff but it is what it is. Re: turmoil, I hate evaluating last minute claims and counter claims. I also hated that Fran was gonna override, then not, then was; it added an extra layer of complication to the votes, but that's just my opinion.

eading over Turmoil's claim and that Day End didn't show much. I do find it interesting that Turmoil goes from nothing to having 3 votes in a very short amount of time, most of which have no reasons attached to their vote post (might be farther behind but eh, may look later). These votes are: Fran, Zubz, and then Fireblend. Turmoil also gives an OMGUS vote to Zubz here right after which is equally odd.

That's most of Febe's votes, if not all.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
If I'd voted earlier in the phase, I probably would have been one of the people voting for Ketkat like a dumb.
I will take offense to this statement for both myself AND my deceased Mason partner. We are not dumbs! We put thought into that read, it was based almost entirely on D1 bullshit and random paranoia! You can read all about it in our Mason chat after the game lol.

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
Happy Birthday Sawneeks!

part 2 of three I guess:

4. [m] Blargonaut - it's Blargonaut. Actually I feel pretty solid town on Blargonaut. I feel like there may be some merit to his scum tracker theory, as otherwise Faddy had a 4% chance of guessing who Ketkat targeted N1. I think this, perhaps is my favourite Blarg post:

Sad I missed Day-end. I would've counter-claimed Faddy too
Because I believe it 100%.

13. [m] Lone_Prodigy - Third of his name slot, but his latest posts have been pretty investigative. There's not a lot to go on, but what's there (and even some from nin) give me pretty solid town vibes. Not to mention Faddy's "there's no way that slot isn't scum" post, which I feel like would be weird scum on scum attention drawing. It feels more like "quick, let's get the quiet one".

14. [m] rac - he gets some early credit from Faddy for some offhand posts in D1 that feels kind of weird, probably a pocket attempt? rac seems like town to me, because in his mostly bored posts are a handful of pretty good questions and callouts.

15. [m] Natiko - Has an early bit with turmoil,where turmoil ends up giving a very wishy-washy weak answer to a question about rac. Natiko somehow finds this townie? That said, his early thoughts on the whole leader situation seem town-sensible enough. He keeps turmoil in the contention where it would have been easy to let him slip through the cracks. Basically if he's scum, he's been low key bussing Turmoil from the start of the game. Not impossible, and he does some light fishing when Turmoil claims "Neapolitan", but overall I read Natiko pretty solidly town.

20. [m] Kyanrute - I can tell if he's questioning Turmoil or trying to build up his story, but he does go head to head with Faddy over Turmoil pretty hardcore. Other than that it's a bunch of semantic arguments and shade. Not a great look, but not enough for an actual scum read either, so I'd actually call town here. There's enough back and forth in the Turmoil situation that for him to go at both Turmoil and Faddy he's either town, or bussing super hard.

On scum roles. For Ketkat's target, there were 25 options N1. So far we know scum had a Bomb and a Backup. Knowing that, I would guess there's probably 3 more scum, 2 of which have powers. (Or 4 more, with still only 2 having powers.) If we believe Pirate Bae, one of them is a Role Blocker. I cannot imagine the fuckery that would have commensed if Turmoil had not died and we got the Role Blocker first. I think the other would have to be something that would cause a bit less havoc were it killed and copied, so tracker fits in there. Doesn't quite explain how they would both track Ketkat and target Flux though. I dunno, end pointless speculation I guess.

I'm exhausted. I'll get to Dr. Monkey, Sawneeks, Brazil and Sorian tomorrow. sorry, I've been dealing with sick animals lately, and not working in three weeks is starting to really take its toll on me mentally

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017

What happened to your analysis on Fan post-Faddy? Did I miss it at some point?

Reading over Turmoil's claim and that Day End didn't show much. I do find it interesting that Turmoil goes from nothing to having 3 votes in a very short amount of time, most of which have no reasons attached to their vote post (might be farther behind but eh, may look later). These votes are: Fran, Zubz, and then Fireblend. Turmoil also gives an OMGUS vote to Zubz here right after which is equally odd.

After just those 3 votes he claims.

Of note here Malus' only real discussion of what happened is in his #2280 post which was apparently written up as Turmoil claimed and is then 'made moot'. Only thing I can gleam here is he believes Turmoil immediately and wants Flux dead.

Snorian gives a semi-pass to Turmoil in #2828. Says that Neapolitan is the weakest cop so having that plus alignment isn't too weird.

Fando has been covered but he just says don't lynch Bae in #2829. Then says Flux refusing to answer and calling out Turmoil settles that 'one of them needs to flip' but doesn't point fingers #2833. Does ask Turmoil how he gets his results #2837.

Malus' second to last post is just this. Still no opinion stated. Last post is just correcting Flux.

Finally gives thoughts. Would vote for Turmoil because the role is more beneficial to Scum than Town and Flux claiming commute adds a layer to it. #2853

Natiko comes in with this post where he says Turmoil's role 'screams scum' and then proceedes to back down from it in the same post.

And then finally votes. Says that he 'always scumread Turmoil' and placed it there. Feel like this was answered somewhere in these 92 pages but having him wait to vote is odd and seems kinda scummy. It reads like he wanted to wait and see what others would do before voting. If he had already scumread him though and found the claim 'screaming scum' is seems odd to wait on that.
I mean I guess it's easier for you to selectively quote than to grab the two posts on each side of it - one where I state I'm leaning to vote turmoil and even say I'm waiting to vote due to locking:

Well, I don't want to lock my vote in yet due to this Fran garbage. Part of me wants to be petty and try and force him to use the override, but there aren't even a ton of people left that can place votes. Likely to vote turmoil, but again need to be careful of ties.

And the next where you are trying to paraphrase my vote in a reductive and more authoritative/"knowing" way:

I'm just not seeing turmoil's role as being town. It sounds like a scum role, and while it does make his initial post make sense (as to why he would notice those things) but that does nothing for the fact that the role seems inherently scummy nor does it make sense to have called out. I already scumread turmoil. He was in the group that voted Stan for no clear reason while being in Brazil's kill list.

VOTE: turmoil7

But hey - no hard feelings Scumneeks, gotta do what you gotta do to try and convince everyone to get me off your back.

And no, it didn't escape my attention that you're now trying to accuse me of holding out to save turmoil when you held out just as long, were clearly more available than I, and yet you sure were pushing pretty emphatically to drum up support for a Flux lynch.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Clearly not getting the Sawneeks lynch I desperately want, so back to my other top scum read.

VOTE: Malus

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
So we're at 8. I'm sticking with Fandorin. But the flip will be very interesting even with malus, so I'm not too fussed.

OP
OP
The Bear

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
Please do not directly quote from love boat chats.

I didn't clarify this earlier, but please keep this in mind going forward.

OP
OP
The Bear

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 4 VOTES ====
Day Start

malus (8 votes)
rac - #3,957 #4,117
fandorin - #4,159
rac - #4,212
brazil - #4,231
lone_prodigy - #4,378
fluxwavez - #4,423 #4,564
kyanrute - #4,473
ceecee - #4,512
natiko - #4,580
blargonaut - #4,581

fandorin (4 votes)
fluxwavez - #3,902 #3,963
sorian - #3,907 #4,432
fantomas - #3,912 #3,992
sawneeks - #3,913
fluxwavez - #3,965 #3,999
fantomas - #4,360
pirate bae - #4,391
blargonaut - #4,534 #4,581
fluxwavez - #4,564

brazil (3 votes)
ezekelrage - #4,218 #4,254
fluxwavez - #4,220 #4,423
ezekelrage - #4,261
fran - #4,373
sorian - #4,432

rac (0 votes)
rac - #4,117 #4,212

ezekelrage (0 votes)
brazil - #3,896 #3,991

sawneeks (0 votes)
natiko - #3,921 #4,580

fluxwavez (0 votes)
brazil - #3,991 #4,231
fantomas - #3,992 #4,141

sorian (0 votes)
blargonaut - #4,020 #4,534
ezekelrage - #4,188 #4,218

ceecee (0 votes)
ezekelrage - #3,893 #4,188

Post Counts:
ezekelrage: 75 sorian: 75 fantomas: 71 brazil: 67 dr. monkey: 65 fluxwavez: 55 fandorin: 41 fran: 40 blargonaut: 37 sawneeks: 34 rac: 26 natiko: 25 kyanrute: 16 ceecee: 13 grizzly: 12 malus: 12 pirate bae: 10 absolutbro: 8 lone_prodigy: 8 fireblend: 6

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
So we're at 8. I'm sticking with Fandorin. But the flip will be very interesting even with malus, so I'm not too fussed.
I'm a Neutral Armourer who only gets my Power unlocked if we vote the map I originally debuted in STAR WARS for as Blargonaut Prime it is only there where I can fix the first choice I made that led me and thus Mafia down their evil path, I promise to gift the last 3 players who TURBO Flux to death right now priority in my Nightly visit order caveat of course being we all vote SW ASAP go go go

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks. I appreciate it.
You've kept teasing it and I've been waiting for it. Don't know if it'll influence the flow of this lynch at this point, but it's obviously gonna help moving forward.
I'm gonna finish tonight. I'm just tired. We've gotten two scum and are in good shape, so it doesn't matter if we screw up a few times. This just feels like a playstyle lynch more than anything else.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Soooo... Just wondering what to think about the fact that myself, Fran, Pirate Bae, and Flux are all on Fandorin or Brazil, but so many others are trying to vote elsewhere instead of with the Confirmed or semi-Confirmed Town. What's so enticing about the Malus lynch that these poor humble Town members aren't seeing compared to Fandorin and Brazil? Help us see the light, we just want to help Town after all.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Fantomas, as confirmed Townsfolk, how do you think scum can recover from being so, so bad at this
Wel, if you're on their team, I'm sure you'll think of something soon. Otherwise, I don't know.
UNVOTE: Fandorin

dGpQov0.gif

VOTE: malus
I'm a Neutral Armourer who only gets my Power unlocked if we vote the map I originally debuted in STAR WARS for as Blargonaut Prime it is only there where I can fix the first choice I made that led me and thus Mafia down their evil path, I promise to gift the last 3 players who TURBO Flux to death right now priority in my Nightly visit order caveat of course being we all vote SW ASAP go go go
Is this what you thought of?

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I... see. Good luck with all that.
Soooo... Just wondering what to think about the fact that myself, Fran, Pirate Bae, and Flux are all on Fandorin or Brazil, but so many others are trying to vote elsewhere instead of with the Confirmed or semi-Confirmed Town. What's so enticing about the Malus lynch that these poor humble Town members aren't seeing compared to Fandorin and Brazil? Help us see the light, we just want to help Town after all.
Interesting, isn't it. Part of why I don't trust the malus lynch. People who are actually heavily leaning towards town are gravitating away from it, while unknowns are on malus. I don't like it.

I definitely feel this is mislynch territory, especially with how "easy" votes against him were formed instead of how chaotic it was to get scum lynched in the previous two day phases. It feels like it's being "steered." But I'm also unsure of malus myself, so I'm not about to form some kind of defense.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I definitely feel this is mislynch territory, especially with how "easy" votes against him were formed instead of how chaotic it was to get scum lynched in the previous two day phases. It feels like it's being "steered." But I'm also unsure of malus myself, so I'm not about to form some kind of defense.
Yes, it bothers me a bit that malus himself is not out here working. Like what am I even trying to save? But that there's so little defense should be a big ringing red alert.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Unless he's scum and some other role that damages town on death, there's no reason for scum to painlessly give up another member.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
It's a bit over the top. Cool role though.
But I'm also unsure of malus myself, so I'm not about to form some kind of defense.
Yeah, that's basically where I'm at. Like, I do want to hear why people want Malus over the others honestly, it's not like everyone on that lynch is Scum, but there definitely could be some Scum on that lynch in my eyes, and I'd like to hear from them as well.