• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
You're completely fine just going along with people who are suspecting Fandorin because of what Faddy said or did about him, but somehow you "don't care" about MULTIPLE INSTANCES OF FLIPPED SCUM DEFENDING MALUS AND WAFFLING AROUND HIS READS OF MALUS.

Either way, at least half of the bulletpoints in the summary above have nothing to do with Faddy.

I'd like to see you address each one of those points individually and say "I don't care about this" in specific terms.

Your reason to scumread me is that I'm BRINGING UP things I believe are scummy. I don't want you to take that on its face. I want you to at the very least consider it, which is a really low barrier that some of you are, for some bizarre reason, managing to not be able to cross.

Yeah, we don't. So let's completely disregard it and never think about it, even though there's a really simple way to find out whether he was doing things in a calculated way or not.

And then what, what? Then a new day phase starts and we go from there. Literally what happens after literally every single mislynch that has ever happened in the history of mafia worldwide.

If we flip Fandorin and he's town, it's a big OOPS WELP and then what, Monkey? And then what?

I literally can't believe how some of you are playing in this game. This is literally unbelievable.
Okay. When I get home from picking up Pickle I will go through the whole list.

I'm on mobile so if I miss something in this I'm sorry. But I've said TIME AND AGAIN that I suspect Fandorin for HIS actions. His read on Faddy being a really big one. And if I was wrong the next line I would probably want to examine was Sawneeks. Are you just ignoring this stuff?

What I find scummy is that you want us to take what someone who was obviously trying to manipulate town on the face. I can't do that. I also don't know that Fandorin is town. I don't have whatever you have. I only have what I can see in the thread. And you can get mad and yell at everyone all you want - it's not changing that.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
but somehow remembers to target you directly with this parallel to a previous game.
And as for this part, you're missing context here I think, or else you're just making a mountain out of a molehill.

Sorian kind of... well, let's just say he made a big oopsie in that game regarding my alignment. It was also the last game he played in here so I don't see why this would be a shock to you, especially coming from someone who loves talking about old games like Sorian.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Monkey's take isn't going anywhere, there's no reason to get distracted off of the bullshit we have on our plate to follow a side show (that you clearly want us to follow)
Every single post from you is more rich than the previous one.

I'm the one who's trying to distract from "the bullshit that we have on our plate", huh?

I post a huge case on malus and you immediately find a reason to vote for me instead of ackonwledging anything in said case.

MoMOMwl.jpg

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Okay. When I get home from picking up Pickle I will go through the whole list.

I'm on mobile so if I miss something in this I'm sorry. But I've said TIME AND AGAIN that I suspect Fandorin for HIS actions. His read on Faddy being a really big one. And if I was wrong the next line I would probably want to examine was Sawneeks. Are you just ignoring this stuff?

What I find scummy is that you want us to take what someone who was obviously trying to manipulate town on the face. I can't do that. I also don't know that Fandorin is town. I don't have whatever you have. I only have what I can see in the thread. And you can get mad and yell at everyone all you want - it's not changing that.
Read Zeke's post about you.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/mafiera-mafia-ot-the-day-of-the-dollars.91092/post-16971951

You are literally doing to Fandorin what you're accusing me of doing to malus.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
How would Faddy know whether the kill list would or would not have influence on the outcome of the day before the outcome of the day happened?

Both of Faddy's kill lists were framed as "from most suspect to least suspect". A townie was #1, you were #2, another townie was #3. The others listed there were below #3. When it came down to take a stand, he listed the two townies, but you disappeared.

And, once again, he hadn't given a reasoning for scumreading you, and he didn't give a reasoning for dropping you off his list.
It didn't have influence because there was an overlord that decided the final lynch. He could have listed me with some bullshit explanation and no one would have batted an eye.

You posted a graph because you found it funny as the reasoning behind your D2 vote, and only started thinking about it after you locked in the vote on Pirate Bae.

---
It was late and I was tired ok?

This is you saying you scumread rac at the end of D1 when I asked you which were your biggest scumreads:

This is you saying you scumread rac on early D3, a little before that whole conversation happened:

Which is it? Did you scumread him or not?

Why didn't you vote for rac when he cast that super weird vote for you, and instead went for Fandorin to help tie the vote against Faddy?
I scum read rac at the start of D3, but not to the point where I was 100% sure about it. As I already said on D3, I had a hard time getting a grasp on the game and was honestly on the brink of subbing out for personal reasons. After I had some time to think about it and reading over Fandos posts I decided that he was more suspicious than rac, since Fantomas was also quite convinced that rac had good reasons for his actions.

OP
OP
The Bear

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 4 VOTES ====
Day Start

malus (5 votes)
rac - #3,957 #4,117
fandorin - #4,159
rac - #4,212
brazil - #4,231
lone_prodigy - #4,378
fluxwavez - #4,423

brazil (3 votes)
ezekelrage - #4,218 #4,254
fluxwavez - #4,220 #4,423
ezekelrage - #4,261
fran - #4,373
sorian - #4,432

fandorin (3 votes)
fluxwavez - #3,902 #3,963
sorian - #3,907 #4,432
fantomas - #3,912 #3,992
sawneeks - #3,913
fluxwavez - #3,965 #3,999
fantomas - #4,360
pirate bae - #4,391

sawneeks (1 votes)
natiko - #3,921

sorian (1 votes)
blargonaut - #4,020
ezekelrage - #4,188 #4,218

rac (0 votes)
rac - #4,117 #4,212

ezekelrage (0 votes)
brazil - #3,896 #3,991

fluxwavez (0 votes)
brazil - #3,991 #4,231
fantomas - #3,992 #4,141

ceecee (0 votes)
ezekelrage - #3,893 #4,188

Post Counts:
sorian: 68 brazil: 66 ezekelrage: 62 fantomas: 53 dr. monkey: 52 fluxwavez: 51 fandorin: 40 fran: 32 rac: 24 natiko: 21 blargonaut: 18 sawneeks: 15 kyanrute: 11 malus: 11 grizzly: 10 pirate bae: 10 fireblend: 6 lone_prodigy: 6 ceecee: 2 absolutbro: 2

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Every single post from you is more rich than the previous one.

I'm the one who's trying to distract from "the bullshit that we have on our plate", huh?

I post a huge case on malus and you immediately find a reason to vote for me instead of ackonwledging anything in said case.

MoMOMwl.jpg

It's the same case you've already put forward multiple times, I already said what I find wrong with it and you devolved into memes and then ghosted for a bit to reset the temperature.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Fran what are you making of this whole Brazil/Fandorin/Malus/Monkey/Sorian thing right now?

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
Re: Brazil's malus tldr for Kyaaa (thx).

D1. Umm was this a tdlr for what malus again? Town or scum? Brazil is voting for malus. Scum I guess! In that case: zzz. Don't feel anything in that is noteworthy. I am almost wondering if this tldr was made in reverse: get the dankest hits of a later day and then find something to support it from the earlier days. This ain't reaching, no, but alone this is nothing. Does not give the "HELLO I AM SCUM MENTIONING MY MATES" -vibe.

D2. You put a weird amount of weight on the graph. I'll make a mental note here, it might make sense if it was as I recall that besides from the graph there wasn't much else that was notable about malus then. One point I recall was that did malus ever explain why he picked Bae based on the chart? I personally thought it was because Bae reads had the greatest variance but was that ever said? Mental note two, that one.

D3. Second hand is nice. Mental note three, check how great a parrot malus has been overall. Vote is bad, not as bad as the hammer squad before the bomb but yeah, bad.

Seems further investigation is warranted.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Brazil, who do you currently town read other than Fran, Fantomas, and Pirate Bae?
Fandorin
absolutbro - Moved the needle towards turmoil, poignant
Blarg - meta
Kyan - Raised multiple interesting points I'd agreed with despite lower post count
Saw - Seems to be genuinely weighing possibilities and actually putting in work into her reads
CeeCee - Not through any merit of his own, but still falls here. I've talked a lot about him on late D1.5/D2, and that perspective hasn't changed much
Febe - When he's here, he feels genuine. The way he was confused over Stan's override once really didn't strike me as something scum could come up with

Really going now. Bye.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Read Zeke's post about you.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/mafiera-mafia-ot-the-day-of-the-dollars.91092/post-16971951

You are literally doing to Fandorin what you're accusing me of doing to malus.
Maybe I am. Maybe I got so locked in on Fandorin that I'm ignoring stuff. Sometimes it's hard to see your own shit, but that's why I was trying to go through the votes on malus though, to see why people scumread him, but I'll do your post first. I'll be home in maybe half an hour and can look at it then.

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Why is it telling? If he wanted to bring it up later he could have just kept me on the list and it would have been even more convincing. In the end neither Geno or Fran were lynched that day, so I doubt it would have mattered had he kept me on the list.
And why did he even put you on his kill list when he thinks you are town? That seems much more like filler to me.

Read back the first list from Faddy.

If you look at the number of people calling her mafia for it, it is simply too many imo. So either Sophia is really bad at mafia and everyone but me is right. Or she is town and everyone calling her mafia is making an honest mistake. It doesn't even really matter if I am right on Sophia's alignment btw because someone would definitely take the opportunity to bus her.

If I were to be picked as leader I would probably be shooting into that group of people.

Fran, Sorian, Monkey, Geno, Cabot, Malus, Flux and Fandorin. Most to least likely to shoot

Geno
Malus
Fran
Monkey
FluxWavez
cabot
Sorian
Fandorin

And probably just shoot into the top 5. Fandorin has been townie, Sorian and cabot have been fine and not worth shooting on day 1.

This list is based on the players that reacted against Sophia, ordered from scummiest to towniest, not just a normal read lists. This is the third time I said this, and it's right there in the post.

I'm there because I reacted against Sophia, not because he scum read me. Why would that be filler? Did you read that post?

You're in the exact same spot on his next list though, and that one WAS a normal reads lists, ordered just as he did with the first one, from scummiest to towniest.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If anything from all of this we're going to be getting something out of this flip besides someone's alignment. There's been enough with the arguements presented not only this Day Phase but the last one that we will have stuff to comb through.

Brazil and Fandorin have locked each other at the hip. Sorian has positioned himself against them with Monkey not too far behind. Malus I would also place into this latter group as well just due to how much Fando/Brazil have pinged him as the 'other scum' in the previous Day End.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
We should keep a running tally on how often Fantomas reminds us that he's confirmed

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
superduper read on malus, semi-heavy kyaaa narrative inc:

D1 lol reading day one. Brain says no.

D2 must kill CeeCee is bit strange. Kill, but why? Unsure if scum posting without thinking too deeply. "Makes me question my scum read on her." I hope this read is explained at some point. "I already said she is my top scum read." Reverse it is then. Oh and my thought about his Bae vote being based on the variance is there, but it is presented as a more of a additional bonus than a reason.

When it comes to the reasoning behind scum reading Bae, it is #feels on a already narrowed down list provided by Fran. Nice look, said the sarcastic man. The reasoning comes but after Bae's claim so no points awarded I am afraid. Editors note: what I can see, this reasoning is never referenced later, just the fact that Bae was scum read by malus. #2820 also bothers me for the fact that malus lists one hell of a list of connections. It feels unrealistically large, much like scum analyzing the situation from distance and listing logical arguments. Finally, "I hope people go for Flux." and "no draw, no Bae." Feels like unnatural, somewhat distant scum.

D3 former suspects include Flux, Bae, turmoil, Ketkat. There is no real record of these being serious scum reads. One post, that being the narrowed down list from D2. There are various mentions about malus being suspicious of Faddy, somewhat low-key. All that suspicion amounts to is the late vote. And a mention about two doctors.

Overall: no real hunting. Minimal reads. Not really present for the two great conflicts and the little there was is slightly to somewhat negative. Minor Faddy shade could be artificial. Feels like distant scum.

VOTE: malus

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
taking a minute while building a reads list to post this:

You're just ignoring this post:

which came quite soon after I posted the graph. It explains that the graph was not the reason why I voted for Pirate Bae.

See I went back and looked at this, and the post you're referencing (in your quoted post) just says:

Pirate Bae: This is mostly gut feeling. I feel like she's throwing some half baked shade around to see what sticks.

The graph is quite literally your next post after that one, so your flow went from "mostly gut feeling" to posting a graph and voting. It reminds me of one of my own scum plays. I used "gimme your top three scum in order" and created a weighted graph to try to steer people away from a scum buddy. It worked, as I recall.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
is...is this an agreement of what i said or

How so? I'm glancing over Malus votes now and while I think Nat's reasonings for his vote are meh I don't think he's the worst one on it.

This is what most of my post from earlier was about:

I'm going to bed now by the way, since I'm already spilling tea from our boat, here was my big reads list going over day end again and some of the votes from earlier, this was posted during this past night phase and I wouldn't want anyone to accuse me of hiding my reads

This stuff all extends out past my plan of today where I need to see Fandorin flip, I'm like 99% sure it's him but as you'll note, I do have the slight worry that's wrong. I'm surprised to come into a thread that didn't see the voting pattern as problematic and figured reads on others would wait for more stable footing on the issue that last day end left danging

"So reading back on this, yeah, Faddy was just shade heavy everywhere. I'm not sure there can be much to be gained with who he was scum reading except for maybe Fandorin himself who Faddy was fine calling scum but not actually voting for when he would have been a perfectly acceptable candidate over malus.

If Fandorin is scum as well then that opens up a few new lines, malus clearly is not scum in that case (unless they really shit the bed on this game) which makes his first few votes suspect, that's Brazil, Natiko, and Fireblend.

I was looking at that rac vote and kind of scratching my head. It's only one post under Fandorin's so it felt like a cross post but it was 8 minutes later so rac has plenty of time to see Fandorin's vote. I don't think they'd be that blatant right there in the day phase and at that point, bussing should have been happening so I don't think rac and Fandorin are scum together.

Going back to the three from above. Fireblend obviously sticks out a lot since he voted for no real reason. It was fine at the time but he ghosted from the thread after that so it's just a hanging thread. Brazil's malus vote was fine at the time (and he was the first on it) and he wore his Fandorin defense on his sleeve and that's a hard pill to swallow imagining them both as scum in light of Faddy flipping too. That's pretty much Brazil 100% refusing to bus in anyway possible.

Natiko is probably the most glaring vote in there. Where as Fireblend seems to have RL issues, Natiko got his vote on at the most opportune time to switch suspicion away. For how much time he spent scum hunting/reading elsewhere, that malus vote was sticky for a long time.

Other notables you mentioned were Sawneeks and L_P, I still don't know what to make of LP, Faddy calling him out reads more like Faddy looking for an angle than bussing a scummate to me but it's so hard to tell with LP not playing. Sawneeks is kind of dependent, she stuck hard to that Fandorin vote so I'd be curious to see how he goes first.

If Fandorin is town then I feel like a lot of this is lol because then Fandorin's vote would also be a haven to save Faddy but then, I don't see why the vote would have been split the way it was."

And yes, Brazil's hard go this day phase and willingness to really go at anything has me thinking he's running interference so now I'm thinking he was refusing to bus anywhere for whatever reason. I'll check my phone one more time when I lay down here in a few minutes so if there's a quick question I'll try to answer but otherwise, I'll be back in the morning.

I'm obviously not talking about Faddy and Fandorin when I say Natiko is the worst vote on there. To be more specific, Natiko just had his fingers in a lot of pies but he never really seemed to want to move that vote. It's an easy cover because sticking to your guns could be a town move to but if two of the competing wagons were scum, that's the place to be if you are trying to avoid another lynch.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I think you have quickly become one of my favorite players I've ever played with, and I just wanted to let you know that.
Careful, Kyaa will ruthlessly and viciously backstab you if he has to. He looks innocent enough but he can lie really well. Still got my scars to prove it :<

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
This formatting is gross, by the way. I had to have this open in two tabs to properly respond. I'm gonna break it up.
For anyone who's interested enough to look through it, here's the malus case again, summarized:

D1:

- Faddy defended malus against Fantomas (Fand's post, #968, #970).
- Faddy tried to get Fran and Chuggernaut to move on from the discussion about Chuggernaut's scumread of malus (Fand's post, #1016).
- Faddy claims that malus would be his second most likely target for a kill, behind Geno but ahead of Fran, despite not having giving a single reason for suspecting him (Fand's post, #1042).
- Many pages later, in his next mention of malus, Faddy posts another kill list, and malus remains his second most likely target for a kill, once again sandwiched between two townies (Fand's post, #1559).
- Finally, while Geno and Fran remain in his sights, malus mysteriously vanishes from Faddy's list of suspicions, with no reasoning given. All three were in Stan's kill list (Fand's post, #1602)
1. Really, this interaction where Fantomas flipped out and lost all of his shit? Also, Faddy didn't defend him; he just say he would make "not much" of malus's entrance and then conceded he might do that as scum. It's a defense at all. It does leave an opening for him to take a read in either direction later. Then he turned it on Fantomas and said he just wanted to know how Fanto got there.
2. What you/Fando say here is that Faddy is trying to get people to move on. Faddy says the thread is stale and people are hung on malus, then he wants people to look at Natiko. He also shades Fran. Looks like he's trying to spread shade/this could possibly be deflecting from malus. It could as easily be ready as scum wanting more targets. This is the only one that doesn't seem like a reach to me/carries the most potential.
3. Faddy's kill list has malus on it, yes. It doesn't say it's ordered, though; you say that. What I want to know is why do you assume there's any scum on that list at all? I'd agree that it seems likely but we also don't know. We know Terra, Geno, and Fran are not scum. I'd guess Flux isn't scum. I'm not scum. So if there is, it would have to be malus... but why do we assume there is?
4. All the rest of his kill list disappeared, too...?

At this point, before I move on, I will just say again - I think you're reading a hell of a lot into Faddy's posts without much reason to do it. There's nothing definitive or even particularly convincing here to indicate that's what Faddy was thinking.

Fand's summary:
****NOTE: I'M PASTING IT IN HERE****
"Let me get back to this since I had to leave for a bit and couldn't offer a conclusion.

These are all the posts Faddy mentioned malus on D1.

He prodded a townie for his read on malus, and couldn't come up with a follow up when Fantomas pegged malus as a scum lean.

There was a discussion between two townies (Chuggs and Fran) about malus. Faddy didn't engage at all with it and even tried to deescalate the situation, mentioning that it was weird people were hang up on malus.

Despite all that he put him right at the top of his kill list, just between two townies. With no reads on malus, he was apparently willing to shoot him "just for giggles", after all there are ZERO posts about his read on him.

Of course, that wasn't really true. He was just adding some filler to his list, trying to cover him up later. He didn't have any intention of shooting malus then, and he made that clear when he suddenly removed him from his his list when the time came. Again, with zero explanation on it.

Combined with the vote mess with the 3 wagons last phase, malus overall posting, his bad vote on Pirate Bae (who I'm also guilty of, I admit) and his horrible and undeveloped stance on me last phase, I am confident in my vote on malus."
1. Counterpoint: he didn't need a follow up if malus is a townie; he got a townie to make scumread on a townie. Again, this is a reach to my eye.
2. As above, this one's fair.
3. It wasn't right at the top. It was second. And again, Faddy didn't say it was ordered. I don't get this at all.
4. Where's just for giggles? I'm not going back to dig but I wanna see it if it was there.
5. Again, he removed all the others, too.

D2:

- malus makes the same low-hanging fruit townread of KetKat that turmoil also did (#2652).
- I call him out for it. He doesn't address me (#2658).
- malus votes for Pirate Bae using an unexplained graph as reasoning. This vote is locked-in and cannot be changed (#2712).
- In his very next post, malus backpedals on his vote for Pirate Bae (#2714).
- I call him out for it (as do a few others, like Kyan and Febe). He doesn't address me (#2720).
- I call malus out a third time, this time setting locking my vote down on him (#2748).
- As soon as the vote comes in, Faddy once again jumps in to defend malus, this time saying that he was "probably memeing" when he locked his vote in for the phase using the graph as reasoning (#2752).
- During the mess at EoD, malus comes back in and finally addresses me and those asking for an explanation for the graph for the first time (#2820).
- malus ends that post by saying that "this whole thing" [his explanation] matters, and that people should kill Flux (Fantomas' post, #2820).
- After all the details come in, malus' final contribution that day is saying "just don't let it end on a draw or on Pirate Bae" (#2843).
1. I don't see a huge problem here either. This is a very common argument about easy lynches. And it's not the same argument. turmoil specifically said Ketkat was low hanging fruit (2656) and malus and Ketkat were easy targets (1151) - why does malus have to be scum there? We know Ketkat was town. And malus's post comes between the two - right before turmoil's second, long after turmoil's first. Why isn't it turmoil echoing malus's read? It came six hours later. Again, you're reading into things. Is it possible it was the coordinated scum position? Sure. Is there any evidence of that? No. The problem with malus's read is that it's wishy washy - he's leaving room - but that reads to me as uncertainty.
2. Okay.
3. Yeah, I addressed that before. I do not scum read this at all; I read it completely opposite of how you do. I dunno what to tell you there. I don't think scum would backpedal like that. Maybe a new scum player, it's possible, but I just don't see it.
4. Okay. You're real hung up on malus not answering you when that could as easily be malus just not posting a lot, you know? Febe ain't answering a lot of shit; does it make him scum? (I mean, it might. But what I'm saying is: malus isn't alone in this.)
5. The graph was dumb in general. I don't get Faddy's post but I don't see a smoking gun in it, either. Scum has to defend town, too. It could be either. It's as dumb a post as the graph itself.
6. He didn't just answer you about the graph; he answered me, too, and Natiko. It looks like he's catching up. Why are you mad that he's answering you? It looks here like no matter what you're gonna scum read it. Why tho?
7. are you really gonna get down on people for trying to kill Flux because I mean
8. Okay. It's not a great post but it doesn't scream scum, either. He had already voted. He had said he was tired. It could be that he was actually tired or that he was avoiding. It's indeterminate.

So far I think that's like 2.5 ticks in the maybe scum column here for me and a lot in the not.

I'll do d3 in a little while. First I want to point this out. This is that post you didn't like:
I guess that's fair. I'll try to get my thoughts in order and get a couple explanations out, but I'm currently not very much awake so it may not come across as comprehensible as I think it does.

Both KetKat and Turmoil are generally scum or only very lightly town read (seen in the graph based on the ranked lists). There were a few mentions of how no one was defending KetKat but all those still put her rather low on their lists (I guess I'm guilty of this as well). In fact the only one completely town reading KetKat was Pirate Bae, whom I had an iffy feeling about anyway and it looked to me like she was trying to capitalize on a mislynch there.

If Pirate Bae flipped scum I would feel better about Chuggs and probably also about KetKat. I would look into people who kind of town read her but not very committed, such as Sawneeks or Faddy. A town flip would make me look into Zubz or Fireblend who had her as kind of scum but not very committed.

But this whole thing is moot now anyway with the role claim. So if Fran doesn't use the override I hope people who haven't voted yet go for Flux now.
I just don't see scum here. I see someone reconsidering and thinking about a vote they locked and a play they made they probably thought was clever. And I'll say: I'm probably reading into this, too, because I remember quite clearly being a new player and thinking ooh I'll do some cool shit and literally no one was impressed because that's not how things go. But malus takes his L with grace and tries to explain what he was doing. It strikes me as genuine. It's not agenda driven. He's doing his best to explain his reads. He, like many people, wanted attention on Flux. Hell, there are still people thinking about killing Flux now. I hardly think it was clear scum back then.

Maybe it's a fundamental disconnect between the way we read the game. But I do not see malus as scum, full stop, and the fact that these are the kinds of reasons that got him put up against Faddy and Fandorin seem super suspicious to me.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
Fran what are you making of this whole Brazil/Fandorin/Malus/Monkey/Sorian thing right now?

Honestly with every post they make I'm more lost than before.

I started the day with scum reads on both Brazil and Fando because I was scumreading both of them and Faddy yesterday and I was right about Faddy and the timming of Brazil vote was really scummy and Fando not even voting was also scummy. But then I read the argument of both of them on Malus and I think "It's not bad. Malus seems really scummy there" but I'm not sure because this is coming from my 2 scum reads. I think "maybe I'm wrong and Malus is scum with one of them?". And then comes Sorian and just says that it isn't interesting and start fighting with Brazil while pushing for a Fando lynch. So now I'm thinking "Maybe Fando and Malus are town and Sorian and Brazil are scum buddies just creating noise". But then comes Monkey and says that it doesn't matter what Faddy said because we will never know if he was being honest, which is a really bad argument, and the timming of her vote was also so scummy. And now my conspiracy sense is tingling and I'm thinking "Maybe all Brazil, Fando, Monkey and Sorian are all scum and they are just playing with us."

Then we have Natiko, who was a town read but his vote record yesterday was soooooo bad that now I feel the other way around about him and I'm thinking that he also could be scum.

We also have Rac, who I was already scumreading, who comes in here and start posting nosense and I'm thinking "I Grizzly added a jester in this game I'm going to kill him".

I can't forget about Zeke too, that now he is just happy adding fuel to every fire he can find. Or LP who in the last 2 phases made less posts than Nin, who played only a couple of hours and it's flying so low under the radar that I'm worried that he will crush and burn.

And then I realize that my only townread besides the confirmed or semi confirmed townies is BLARG.

So now I'm thinking that I just hate you all.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
#2820 also bothers me for the fact that malus lists one hell of a list of connections. It feels unrealistically large, much like scum analyzing the situation from distance and listing logical arguments.
Feels like distant scum.
Sorian and Fran I'd like to hear your thoughts on this as I'm sure you both remember Malus as Scum in Conspiracy, and what Kyan is saying here reallllly reminds me of some of the things he'd do there. Especially that bolded part.
Careful, Kyaa will ruthlessly and viciously backstab you if he has to. He looks innocent enough but he can lie really well. Still got my scars to prove it :<
Oh I don't trust him worth shit, I just think he's funny lol.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
But then comes Monkey and says that it doesn't matter what Faddy said because we will never know if he was being honest, which is a really bad argument, and the timming of her vote was also so scummy.

Okay, but for real, Fran, before I go - can we please not do this thing where I say something and you make it something slightly different and worse and even if I explain it you just keep holding the line on the worse thing? Because we do this in every game we play in I think and it's generally awful.

Look, I got mad. I really think the pile on malus is garbage. I think Brazil is the last one who needs to be screaming about narrative creation but I can't tell if he's doing it because he really townreads Fando or what. I don't know if I'm seeing scum in it but he's reaching on a lot of it and I just don't agree with the rest. I really don't agree that cherrypicking a few posts by Faddy is going to reveal Faddy's grand strategy, either. We got played yesterday and we lost a doctor and a BP over it and I don't think it's going to be as easy as "Faddy deflected from malus once! scum!" to solve this.

If y'all wanna be mad at me for that, stay mad, I guess. I don't know what else to say about malus. Looks like y'all are gonna flip him regardless so we'll see. Maybe I'm wrong, I've been wrong plenty, but I don't think I am here.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
And then I realize that my only townread besides the confirmed or semi confirmed townies is BLARG.
Tell me about it lol. Yeah, I'm pretty fucking lost on a lot of this shit. We've got Brazil and Fandorin hard defending each other and hard scum reading Malus. Sorian thinks Brazil and Fando are both Scum. Monkey cannot see a world where Malus is Scum. It's all... fucky lol.

I came in thinking we had Scum vs. Scum yesterday and that it was between Malus and Fandorin for who was the other Scum in that equation. I can't tell if Brazil hard defending Fandorin is just him being Town, a Scum play from him to get brownie points when Fando flips Town, or some kind of Scum Gambit between the two of them to pretend to have read each others souls in their night chat and conclude they are both Town.

I feel like Malus is the odd man out because he gets to fly under the radar a lot while the more talkative among us hash things out. I almost want to see the Malus flip first now just because we have Brazil and Fandorin on one side and Monkey and Sorian on the other. We've also got Rac and Natiko scum reading Malus for the last couple of day phases. I think that's what I'm leaning towards now to give Town the most info moving forward.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like Natiko hasn't been talking to me as much lately, and I don't know why.

Natiko who are you scum reading right now?
I don't know what the top bit means. Do you think I talked to you an abnormal amount previously?

My list currently would be:
Saw-Fan - Not both and with Saw ahead in my mind
Malus
LP

If I absolutely had to throw someone else on the list then mayyybe Blarg honestly. Feels like he's coasting now. Wouldn't shock me if the scum team is just the top three though.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
I want malus Kyanrute rac and Lone_Prodigy thoughts on what I said about the votes for Day End yesterday.

I went back and re-read D3 end, from before Faddy's claim to the hammer.

One difference between that day and other "scum claims PR and gets counter-claimed and then reveals their true self by voting for said counter-claimant because why would you do that if you were actually the PR" scenarios is that Faddy claimed with 3.5 hours left in the day, not 10 minutes.

No votes changed until Ket counterclaimed. If Faddy had fake claimed with 10 minutes left, votes would've shifted and Faddy would likely have been spared (pending flips of the other wagons).

Let's say Ket was away and discussion continued. Would votes have moved to the other wagons? It seems like it would've taken a Herculean effort (or a new voter checking in before day's end and placing a vote). If the other wagons were town, it wouldn't have been as difficult to move a vote there. The fact that everyone twiddled their thumbs until Ket posted seems like scum's plan was just to use Faddy's bomb and force out a possible doc claim on the way out.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sorian and Fran I'd like to hear your thoughts on this as I'm sure you both remember Malus as Scum in Conspiracy, and what Kyan is saying here reallllly reminds me of some of the things he'd do there. Especially that bolded part.

malus seems to just play this way. I honestly don't remember him that well in conspiracy because what all jumps out to me is my Faddy tunnel but I don't think I even have a town game to compare him to. Meta means nothing if I can't know how someone normally acts.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly with every post they make I'm more lost than before.

I started the day with scum reads on both Brazil and Fando because I was scumreading both of them and Faddy yesterday and I was right about Faddy and the timming of Brazil vote was really scummy and Fando not even voting was also scummy. But then I read the argument of both of them on Malus and I think "It's not bad. Malus seems really scummy there" but I'm not sure because this is coming from my 2 scum reads. I think "maybe I'm wrong and Malus is scum with one of them?". And then comes Sorian and just says that it isn't interesting and start fighting with Brazil while pushing for a Fando lynch. So now I'm thinking "Maybe Fando and Malus are town and Sorian and Brazil are scum buddies just creating noise". But then comes Monkey and says that it doesn't matter what Faddy said because we will never know if he was being honest, which is a really bad argument, and the timming of her vote was also so scummy. And now my conspiracy sense is tingling and I'm thinking "Maybe all Brazil, Fando, Monkey and Sorian are all scum and they are just playing with us."

Then we have Natiko, who was a town read but his vote record yesterday was soooooo bad that now I feel the other way around about him and I'm thinking that he also could be scum.

We also have Rac, who I was already scumreading, who comes in here and start posting nosense and I'm thinking "I Grizzly added a jester in this game I'm going to kill him".

I can't forget about Zeke too, that now he is just happy adding fuel to every fire he can find. Or LP who in the last 2 phases made less posts than Nin, who played only a couple of hours and it's flying so low under the radar that I'm worried that he will crush and burn.

So now I'm thinking that I just hate you all.
Can I join this club? I agree with everything you just said and you didn't have me in there, :'D?
Good, good. Appreciating Kyaa from a safe distance is the proper way to go about him.
meanie >:(

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
damn it ab check the scum chat next time i posted my intentions there

and pick your own topic ffs
Fun fact, in the game I was talking about we got you killed and you were a serial killer that was slipping completely under the radar.

I'm going to get the first half of my reads list out. It's almost dinner time so I won't be back for a bit:

************************************************************************************

1. [m] Fantomas - Confirmed town since we've had no counterclaim as cabot's mason partner

6. [m] Fran - Almost certainly town. For a while I thought about floating the idea of scum having a "Mafia Backup" and a "Town Backup" so that they could inherit powers from both sides, but the more I thought about it the less sense it made. What would scum need with a doctor? Or an alignment cop?

22. [m] CeeCee - Town dayvig. As others have pointed out, if Ceecee was scum, why bother claiming the kill? All it did was bring suspicion down. Would have been a better play to let town wonder where it came from and what the alignment was.

2. [m] EzekelRAGE - I was suspicious enough of Zubz, who felt like despite claiming to scum read Turmoil they were avoiding actuall voting for him. EzekelRAGE hasn't done a whole lot to make me feel any better. He continues to bear down on Ceecee early on. He has an exchange with Faddy early on (3,456/3,460) that feels super weak and pointless. He does say in 3,670 during the Faddy/Fando/Malus thing that he'd vote Faddy over Fando/Malus, but I think that might just be early bussing for town cred over an actual read (mostly because he admits it would be "sheeping Fran and fanto on faddy". He was willing to hammer the vote though, which I can't imagine he would want to do if he was scum. It is, despite his miss to chuggernaut, the biggest thing I town read him for. Wanting that hammer so badly, but missing because Chuggernaut posted at almost the exact same time.

5. [f] Pirate Bae - claims Town Cop, been blocked but did clear KetKat. Alignment cop is super easy for scum to fake claim, since they know the roles, but I see no reason to doubt her right now. I'm sure scum will clear this up for is in the next night or so.

12. [m] FluxWaveZ - Sharing a boat didn't really make me feel any worse or better about Flux. The only thing that gives me just a tiny smidge of doubt that Flux is town is how weak and bizarre the move against him by Turmoil was. I have to admit the possibility that it was a sacrifice play by scum to get one of them out of contention.

7. [m] Sorian - I'm leaning scum on Sorian. Even early on it feels like he's nitpicking to throw shade. Sure he "understand(s) the perpsective", but this is the kind of slow burn scum play I expect from Sorian. (This is incomplete, I will come back to this after I eat.)

10. [m] Fireblend - I feel like he has an eye on Turmoil early on, from pointing out Turmoil's vote for Stan as leader to asking Dr. Monkey about her having turmoil in a "no idea/don't lynch" list. He continues his eye on Turmoil convo until the next day, where Faddy even throws shade his way for it. He votes for Turmoil early on in the "can't move your vote C'thulhu modifier" day, bringing him into a three way tie with pirate and flux. Overall I come away with a town read on Fireblend.

16. [m] malus - Pretty strong scum read. Possibly my top at this point. A fair amount of vague or side topic posts that don't go anywhere. The graph building off (the very townread) Fran's question felt really, really steering to me, since it removed quite a few other players from people's minds. His "gun to head I townread Turmoil" post reads like a setup. His post on Ceecee and Faddy also looks readlly bad in retrospect. I need to fully comb the last couple days posts, but I am doubting I will find much that moves the needle much.