• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
thanks fran <3
No, he never mentions it in the boat at least. After I finished my ISO of malus I mentioned it in the boat as an aside, but he never directly responded to it. I don't recall if he gave much more than weak reasoning in the thread or not. I just assumed he was hoping to avoid verifying himself at the time.
What do you mean by that last line?
i think it's hard to get anything out of what faddy did at eod
rac, please. give me something here. there's even votes to look at.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
I want malus Kyanrute rac and Lone_Prodigy thoughts on what I said about the votes for Day End yesterday.
Votes pre-claimsplosion.

(in reference to Flux)

Doc claim

Faddy posts this. Brazil mentions he (Faddy) is also voting for Fandorin.

Faddy's reply:

Ket counterclaims

And then the shift starts

Now, reading this over I figured it went differently than what memory told me. The easiest thing Faddy could have done here was vote for Malus to save his own skin but he didn't, instead he went in on Fandorin. Which is weird considering we have this from earlier that same Phase:

And then I went and looked over every single one of Faddy's posts the last Phase. I picked out a couple of notable ones but what is shockingly absent is any talk of Fandorin when he was a big portion of the discussion during the last Phase. He never even talks about him outside of one post and it's hardly anything.

He just votes here and leaves it, doesn't do much else with this Brazil thought. Note apparently the Brazil scumread was strong enough to make him hesitate to vote Malus despite, well, voting for Malus at one point.

One of the few times he talks to or about Fandorin is this post. He asks Fandorin if he believes the push on him to be real or not.

All of this is honestly making me lean moreso towards Malus than it is for Fandorin. Sorian I know you're a big pusher for yesterday being Scum v Scum with Fandorin/Faddy so I'm curious for your take on this. I know you have a post detailing how Scum!Faddy places a vote on his scumbuddy Fandorin here but I'm actually having trouble seeing it when looking at it in this way. This looks to me like he stepped over his scumbuddy Malus, not Fandorin.

Though the bigger hang up is Faddy just ignoring everything Fandorin related for the Day Phase but with votes that close at the end I don't quite get why he votes there. :/
As I said earlier, I'm pretty sure Faddy went into the claim knowing there would be a counterclaim and he would get lynched. The Fandorin vote (plus his post directly before it) seems to be the turning point where he went from trying to survive to going all in on his bomb role. He knew he would flip scum soon, so maybe he put a vote on a scum buddy to protect them. But that's just a WIFOM guess, could just as well be he put it on Fando to incriminate him, but then he could have just left the vote on me.

rac

Oct 25, 2017
faddy knew he was likely to be lynched
why would he give us anything useful there?

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
For anyone who's interested enough to look through it, here's the malus case again, summarized:

D1:

- Faddy defended malus against Fantomas (Fand's post, #968, #970).
- Faddy tried to get Fran and Chuggernaut to move on from the discussion about Chuggernaut's scumread of malus (Fand's post, #1016).
- Faddy claims that malus would be his second most likely target for a kill, behind Geno but ahead of Fran, despite not having giving a single reason for suspecting him (Fand's post, #1042).
- Many pages later, in his next mention of malus, Faddy posts another kill list, and malus remains his second most likely target for a kill, once again sandwiched between two townies (Fand's post, #1559).
- Finally, while Geno and Fran remain in his sights, malus mysteriously vanishes from Faddy's list of suspicions, with no reasoning given. All three were in Stan's kill list (Fand's post, #1602)

Fand's summary:

Let me get back to this since I had to leave for a bit and couldn't offer a conclusion.

These are all the posts Faddy mentioned malus on D1.

He prodded a townie for his read on malus, and couldn't come up with a follow up when Fantomas pegged malus as a scum lean.

There was a discussion between two townies (Chuggs and Fran) about malus. Faddy didn't engage at all with it and even tried to deescalate the situation, mentioning that it was weird people were hang up on malus.

Despite all that he put him right at the top of his kill list, just between two townies. With no reads on malus, he was apparently willing to shoot him "just for giggles", after all there are ZERO posts about his read on him.

Of course, that wasn't really true. He was just adding some filler to his list, trying to cover him up later. He didn't have any intention of shooting malus then, and he made that clear when he suddenly removed him from his his list when the time came. Again, with zero explanation on it.

Combined with the vote mess with the 3 wagons last phase, malus overall posting, his bad vote on Pirate Bae (who I'm also guilty of, I admit) and his horrible and undeveloped stance on me last phase, I am confident in my vote on malus.

D2:

- malus makes the same low-hanging fruit townread of KetKat that turmoil also did (#2652).
- I call him out for it. He doesn't address me (#2658).
- malus votes for Pirate Bae using an unexplained graph as reasoning. This vote is locked-in and cannot be changed (#2712).
- In his very next post, malus backpedals on his vote for Pirate Bae (#2714).
- I call him out for it (as do a few others, like Kyan and Febe). He doesn't address me (#2720).
- I call malus out a third time, this time setting locking my vote down on him (#2748).
- As soon as the vote comes in, Faddy once again jumps in to defend malus, this time saying that he was "probably memeing" when he locked his vote in for the phase using the graph as reasoning (#2752).
- During the mess at EoD, malus comes back in and finally addresses me and those asking for an explanation for the graph for the first time (#2820).
- malus ends that post by saying that "this whole thing" [his explanation] matters, and that people should kill Flux (Fantomas' post, #2820).
- After all the details come in, malus' final contribution that day is saying "just don't let it end on a draw or on Pirate Bae" (#2843).

D3:

- malus, who says he'd been suspicious of rac since D1, gestures to complain about rac's vote on him, but votes against Fandorin instead based on secondhand arguments (#3527).
- malus' vote on Fandorin leaves Fandorin with 3 votes, behind Faddy's 4 votes. Sorian comes in right after that with the next vote, making Fandorin tied with Faddy in the lead (#3546).
- I call him out for it (#3558, #3585). He initially engages me, but then drops off after that last post, and doesn't address me any further.
- rac calls out the progression of malus' read on Flux during D2 (#3601), and malus' defense is "I spent a whole day not doing much in general" (#3606).
- malus then disappears for the rest of D3, missing out on all of the claims.
- malus shows up in time to safely cast the 14th vote on Faddy after his bomb had already exploded on Chuggernaut (#3854).

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Alright, so help me out here. I've taken a second look at everything, and I'm still not seeing what you're seeing. Is this strong Faddy and malus connection just the fact that Faddy had listed malus high up in the list of people he would kill, and then dropped him (along with some others) later on?

The only convincing point I'm seeing is hat quick vote for Pirate Bae associated with the graph. I was fine with the graph at the time, but looking back, that vote is pretty bad. But I myself didn't really consider the importance of a locked vote phase, and there had been Fran and his override anyways. It was kinda like Day 1 part 2, in that sense.

I'd like to see whatever strong link between malus and scum I'm apparently overlooking.
Yeah, I said something similar earlier. And the fact that malus didn't like it later I think speaks to him being genuine and not used to the community. He was putting his thoughts out, unfiltered. That's not a scum tendency.
Read above.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I legit do no see any agenda or anything in malus beyond someone just trying to figure out the best way to play. Links from Faddy to him may or may not mean anything. Links from others to Faddy are more important.

But I'm supposed to be taking a break. I have a monster headache due to shit weather I think.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Brazil

Fandorin

malus

How do you feel about Natiko? Mostly his reaction to Ketkat claim.

I haven't looked back through Natiko at all since the last phase, but his D2 and D3 votes combined seem maybe too perfect. He's shown to be defensive of his D2 vote:

I take offense to my vote D2 being compared to Saw or even Monkey. I was clear that I was voting turmoil throughout the events at the end. If I just want to bus I throw it down earlier.
And I'm feeling better about Sawneeks today, which makes him seem a bit worse due to what I said here:

I wasn't trying to back you up. I was trying to figure out whether Natiko was misrepresenting you as part of a smear job, or if you're the more suspicious one for trying to chain-lynch a townie with scum. If I found out that Natiko was trying to fabricate a scumread of you, it'd make me feel way better about you.

I'll go live a little, now. Bye.

OP
OP
The Bear

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 4 VOTES ====
Day Start

fandorin (4 votes)
fluxwavez - #3,902 #3,963
sorian - #3,907
fantomas - #3,912 #3,992
sawneeks - #3,913
fluxwavez - #3,965 #3,999
fantomas - #4,360
pirate bae - #4,391

malus (4 votes)
rac - #3,957 #4,117
fandorin - #4,159
rac - #4,212
brazil - #4,231
lone_prodigy - #4,378

brazil (3 votes)
ezekelrage - #4,218 #4,254
fluxwavez - #4,220
ezekelrage - #4,261
fran - #4,373

sawneeks (1 votes)
natiko - #3,921

sorian (1 votes)
blargonaut - #4,020
ezekelrage - #4,188 #4,218

rac (0 votes)
rac - #4,117 #4,212

ezekelrage (0 votes)
brazil - #3,896 #3,991

fluxwavez (0 votes)
brazil - #3,991 #4,231
fantomas - #3,992 #4,141

ceecee (0 votes)
ezekelrage - #3,893 #4,188

Post Counts:
ezekelrage: 59 sorian: 59 brazil: 58 fluxwavez: 49 fantomas: 48 dr. monkey: 48 fandorin: 38 fran: 31 rac: 24 natiko: 19 blargonaut: 18 sawneeks: 13 kyanrute: 10 pirate bae: 10 grizzly: 9 malus: 9 fireblend: 6 lone_prodigy: 6 ceecee: 2 absolutbro: 2

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
You read above, Brazil. And I really don't care what Faddy said or did. Faddy was inconsistent AND strategic with his play and if I have any reason to scumread you at all this game it's because you want us to take that on it's face. We don't know what Faddy was doing that was calculated or legit or defending. We don't. And if we flip malus and he's town it's a big OOPS WELP and then what?

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
As I said earlier, I'm pretty sure Faddy went into the claim knowing there would be a counterclaim and he would get lynched. The Fandorin vote (plus his post directly before it) seems to be the turning point where he went from trying to survive to going all in on his bomb role. He knew he would flip scum soon, so maybe he put a vote on a scum buddy to protect them. But that's just a WIFOM guess, could just as well be he put it on Fando to incriminate him, but then he could have just left the vote on me.
faddy knew he was likely to be lynched
why would he give us anything useful there?
^^^
It's all wifom and guesses.
Argh, fine.

Think ignoring the vote is a bad choice but I get the reasoning behind it. :/

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
You read above, Brazil. And I really don't care what Faddy said or did. Faddy was inconsistent AND strategic with his play and if I have any reason to scumread you at all this game it's because you want us to take that on it's face. We don't know what Faddy was doing that was calculated or legit or defending. We don't. And if we flip malus and he's town it's a big OOPS WELP and then what?

I don't like this post much. Everything that Faddy did could be analized. His game was far from good this time (just look at his D2) so just saying that it could be calculated and just leave it at that is a bad move.

And I find it really hard to believe that I need to explain this to Town!Monkey. This is so far off from your usual town game that it's giving me a really big red flag.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Interesting

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
You read above, Brazil. And I really don't care what Faddy said or did.
You're completely fine just going along with people who are suspecting Fandorin because of what Faddy said or did about him, but somehow you "don't care" about MULTIPLE INSTANCES OF FLIPPED SCUM DEFENDING MALUS AND WAFFLING AROUND HIS READS OF MALUS.

Either way, at least half of the bulletpoints in the summary above have nothing to do with Faddy.

I'd like to see you address each one of those points individually and say "I don't care about this" in specific terms.

Faddy was inconsistent AND strategic with his play and if I have any reason to scumread you at all this game it's because you want us to take that on it's face.
Your reason to scumread me is that I'm BRINGING UP things I believe are scummy. I don't want you to take that on its face. I want you to at the very least consider it, which is a really low barrier that some of you are, for some bizarre reason, managing to not be able to cross.

We don't know what Faddy was doing that was calculated or legit or defending. We don't.
Yeah, we don't. So let's completely disregard it and never think about it, even though there's a really simple way to find out whether he was doing things in a calculated way or not.

And if we flip malus and he's town it's a big OOPS WELP and then what?
And then what, what? Then a new day phase starts and we go from there. Literally what happens after literally every single mislynch that has ever happened in the history of mafia worldwide.

If we flip Fandorin and he's town, it's a big OOPS WELP and then what, Monkey? And then what?

I literally can't believe how some of you are playing in this game. This is literally unbelievable.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
good morning. skimmed a bit, sorry. (4 pages is a lot)

Sorian, if you don't think Faddy was trying to force a Doctor claim at that point then what other alternative could there be besides trying to live? If that's the case then why would he try and force the counterwagon to be Fandorin if he is his teammate?

I don't understand your logic here. If he wasn't trying to force a Doctor claim then he was trying to stay alive, making his vote one of self preservation.

No, I think it's one or the other. Don't think it's both.

no thanks would not like a lynch for my birthday.

See, this kind of logic I can understand. Sorian's makes no sense going after Fando if he thinks Faddy tried to keep himself alive.

Well that makes his Malus vote even weirder. Did he ever say why he switched on it?

It doesn't make sense to me, like I said i don't see why he cared to bait a claim if they hadn't been blocked yet and they had access to a strong kill. That said though, we don't know those two things are true and even past that, it's not like Faddy has ever played in a way that I understand so maybe he was more set on using his ahikity than I would have been. It's the one thing I can't explain but everything else lines up, if reads are going to fall a part because you can't figure out the specific nuance of someone's play then we'd get no where, I have to make a slight leap in the logic somewhere.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Dr. Monkey
Dr. Monkey - Her hesitation with the "claim isn't proof" angle is odd. As a doctor, what real proof do most docs have to come up with? Especially #3776. So at that point Monkey was down with the Faddy lynch. What's interesting her is Monkey's reaction to Turmoil's claim. Turmoil made the neapolitin claim. Flux said it was BS. Monkey was still hesitant to lynch Turmoil.

Setting up the Chuggs lynch.
This angle is a little tougher, because scum can be a little more subtler with it.
Fandorin- #3784 seems very subtle in asking for a counter claim to come forward. Also he mentions Faddy's claim throwing heavy shade on Chuggs, why not Flux as well?
Brazil - Pushed Flux on not mentioning chugss. But reads as natural to me.
Natiko, Monkey, and SawNeeks have a post wanting to lynch chugs.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You're completely fine just going along with people who are suspecting Fandorin because of what Faddy said or did about him, but somehow you "don't care" about MULTIPLE INSTANCES OF FLIPPED SCUM DEFENDING MALUS AND WAFFLING AROUND HIS READS OF MALUS.

Either way, at least half of the bulletpoints in the summary above have nothing to do with Faddy.

I'd like to see you address each one of those points individually and say "I don't care about this" in specific terms.

Your reason to scumread me is that I'm BRINGING UP things I believe are scummy. I don't want you to take that on its face. I want you to at the very least consider it, which is a really low barrier that some of you are, for some bizarre reason, managing to not be able to cross.

Yeah, we don't. So let's completely disregard it and never think about it, even though there's a really simple way to find out whether he was doing things in a calculated way or not.

And then what, what? Then a new day phase starts and we go from there. Literally what happens after literally every single mislynch that has ever happened in the history of mafia worldwide.

If we flip Fandorin and he's town, it's a big OOPS WELP and then what, Monkey? And then what?

I literally can't believe how some of you are playing in this game. This is literally unbelievable.

7953172_1.jpg

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
And for the record, that take from Monkey is the first thing I've seen in this game that audibly made me say yikes but laying it on a bit thick there at the end Brazil.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
For anyone who's interested enough to look through it, here's the malus case again, summarized:

D1:

- Faddy defended malus against Fantomas (Fand's post, #968, #970).
- Faddy tried to get Fran and Chuggernaut to move on from the discussion about Chuggernaut's scumread of malus (Fand's post, #1016).
- Faddy claims that malus would be his second most likely target for a kill, behind Geno but ahead of Fran, despite not having giving a single reason for suspecting him (Fand's post, #1042).
- Many pages later, in his next mention of malus, Faddy posts another kill list, and malus remains his second most likely target for a kill, once again sandwiched between two townies (Fand's post, #1559).
- Finally, while Geno and Fran remain in his sights, malus mysteriously vanishes from Faddy's list of suspicions, with no reasoning given. All three were in Stan's kill list (Fand's post, #1602)

Fand's summary:
The kill list literally had no influence on the outcome of the day. Why would Faddy suddenly be cautious to list a scum buddy, when it would have had absolutely no consequences? Besides he also didn't give any reasoning why all his other kill targets vanished (of which Fandorin was one).

D2:

- malus makes the same low-hanging fruit townread of KetKat that turmoil also did (#2652).
- I call him out for it. He doesn't address me (#2658).
- malus votes for Pirate Bae using an unexplained graph as reasoning. This vote is locked-in and cannot be changed (#2712).
- In his very next post, malus backpedals on his vote for Pirate Bae (#2714).
- I call him out for it (as do a few others, like Kyan and Febe). He doesn't address me (#2720).
- I call malus out a third time, this time setting locking my vote down on him (#2748).
- As soon as the vote comes in, Faddy once again jumps in to defend malus, this time saying that he was "probably memeing" when he locked his vote in for the phase using the graph as reasoning (#2752).
- During the mess at EoD, malus comes back in and finally addresses me and those asking for an explanation for the graph for the first time (#2820).
- malus ends that post by saying that "this whole thing" [his explanation] matters, and that people should kill Flux (Fantomas' post, #2820).
- After all the details come in, malus' final contribution that day is saying "just don't let it end on a draw or on Pirate Bae" (#2843).
You're just ignoring this post:
To elaborate on my vote, it's only semi influenced by the graphs I posted. I already said she is currently my top scum read and this is just the continuation of that. But from the stats we can see that she has been read from top town to top scum, so we should get a lot of information from a flip.

This seems like a cop out to not have to commit to anything.
which came quite soon after I posted the graph. It explains that the graph was not the reason why I voted for Pirate Bae. Also as said in my previous post, I mostly posted the graph because I found it funny and only started thinking about it after I had posted it. You were pretty convinced we should kill Flux as well, so I'm not sure why you bring that up here and I said my explanation doesn't matter, because of the claims by Pirate Bae and Turmoil.

D3:

- malus, who says he'd been suspicious of rac since D1, gestures to complain about rac's vote on him, but votes against Fandorin instead based on secondhand arguments (#3527).
- malus' vote on Fandorin leaves Fandorin with 3 votes, behind Faddy's 4 votes. Sorian comes in right after that with the next vote, making Fandorin tied with Faddy in the lead (#3546).
- I call him out for it (#3558, #3585). He initially engages me, but then drops off after that last post, and doesn't address me any further.
- rac calls out the progression of malus' read on Flux during D2 (#3601), and malus' defense is "I spent a whole day not doing much in general" (#3606).
- malus then disappears for the rest of D3, missing out on all of the claims.
- malus shows up in time to safely cast the 14th vote on Faddy after his bomb had already exploded on Chuggernaut (#3854).
Just because I question why someone votes for me, doesn't mean I have to instantly scum read them. I knew my play on D2 wasn't particularly good, so I didn't blame anyone that wanted to vote me D3, but rac didn't even leave an explanation, hence my surprise.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Alright, thanks. Those bullet points work, but there's something missing that I was feeling from both turmoil and Faddy. A certain vibe I'm not getting from malus. There's an underlying lack of coordination from malus; same reason I defended KetKat. The connections between Faddy and malus are tenuous. It's weird how Faddy specifically just dropped malus from the 3 he wanted to kill off, but that can also be driven by other factors. The defense is interesting, but it's not like malus is the only person that he defended. malus' EoD3 is pretty bad.

I'll say that it has made me less certain about today's lynch, though. It's a neat story to get the heat off of Fandorin.

Vote: malus

Also, I take back what I said before. Even if malus flipped scum, my suspicion of Brazil and Fandorin would remain. You guys are playing weird this game. It's not gonna pay off.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Alright, thanks. Those bullet points work, but there's something missing that I was feeling from both turmoil and Faddy. A certain vibe I'm not getting from malus. There's an underlying lack of coordination from malus; same reason I defended KetKat. The connections between Faddy and malus are tenuous. It's weird how Faddy specifically just dropped malus from the 3 he wanted to kill off, but that can also be driven by other factors. The defense is interesting, but it's not like malus is the only person that he defended. malus' EoD3 is pretty bad.

I'll say that it has made me less certain about today's lynch, though. It's a neat story to get the heat off of Fandorin.

Vote: malus

Also, I take back what I said before. Even if malus flipped scum, my suspicion of Brazil and Fandorin would remain. You guys are playing weird this game. It's not gonna pay off.

Do you think all three of the lynch candidates are scum? That would be a bit much.

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

7MQqnhj1f--jl9EZS8f-v01lYwAgPQ0FceMNEIoqLL-BOR8XNfXybCr5M9DPGI0WRRjSh2qncNGLihbmmZ5zBKLRiQ5_3vmqh8Y-VOnJT2mvTpd9MjjgHkRkZRN6pFnJ-w=w220-h328-nc

You know it.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Fantomas Do you remember before I mislynched Faddy in conspiracy I made a comment about where I wanted to switch my vote to you and I didn't? Am I seeing the same thing again?

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Do you think all three of the lynch candidates are scum? That would be a bit much.
I don't know. It's bizarre, and things are less clear to me now than I thought they were at the start of this phase. But I think I'm at the point where I 100% want Fandorin and/or Brazil lynched either today, or tomorrow.

What's for certain, though, is that all 3 are linked together in all of this. So, really, flipping one will tell us a lot. I don't agree at all with Brazil saying that we just "move on" if malus flips town, or that Brazil/Fandorin flipping won't tell us anything. That's nonsense. Whatever happens between these 3, we'll have a lot to gain.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Fantomas Do you remember before I mislynched Faddy in conspiracy I made a comment about where I wanted to switch my vote to you and I didn't? Am I seeing the same thing again?
Are you referring to the first part, or the latter?
And for the record, that take from Monkey is the first thing I've seen in this game that audibly made me say yikes but laying it on a bit thick there at the end Brazil.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Latter, I'm also making an assumption you remember what I'm talking about that you did.
Yep, just wanted to be sure.

If I recall, your comment was about how I was basically putting on a performance when I was putting out a scum read on Faddy. I would say that yes, that post from Brazil does give me similar vibes here.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I want to flip Brazil now first, this bit me in the ass last time and I still think they're both scum but I'd rather go with the safer pick

VOTE: Brazil

Though want I really wanted to see was how Brazil was going to squirm if Fando flipped scum but I'll put the cockiness away for a minute

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The kill list literally had no influence on the outcome of the day. Why would Faddy suddenly be cautious to list a scum buddy, when it would have had absolutely no consequences? Besides he also didn't give any reasoning why all his other kill targets vanished (of which Fandorin was one).

which came quite soon after I posted the graph. It explains that the graph was not the reason why I voted for Pirate Bae. Also as said in my previous post, I mostly posted the graph because I found it funny and only started thinking about it after I had posted it. You were pretty convinced we should kill Flux as well, so I'm not sure why you bring that up here and I said my explanation doesn't matter, because of the claims by Pirate Bae and Turmoil.

Just because I question why someone votes for me, doesn't mean I have to instantly scum read them. I knew my play on D2 wasn't particularly good, so I didn't blame anyone that wanted to vote me D3, but rac didn't even leave an explanation, hence my surprise.
Considering Faddy was scum and didn't offer a single read on you during the entire D1, but still had you as a apparent scum read, I'm very inclined to believe that he was adding filler to his kill list.

He saw you were a bit of a topic at D1 and decided to name drop you in there.

Maybe he expected to bring that out later if you flipped, or maybe he could come back and set up a bus. Either way he offered no explanation for that read on you, while he at least engaged at some level with the remaining players on the list to justify them being on it.

The first list he puts out is considering the Sophia debacle and the reactions of those players to her, ranking from scummiest to towniest. You're there at second place, while I'm last and he adds that I've "been townie".

On the second list, which has most of the same names and order, you're still at second place.

Later near EoD he conveniently skips your name and debates between Geno and Fran, two townies, despite the fact that on the last two lists you were above Fran. The fact that you're the odd one out and suddenly vanished from his mind at the end is really telling.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
If you feel this way regarding faddy, why did you use faddy to scumread fando? Or speculate faddy's intentions at all?
I plan to pick up with Fandorin - Faddy's actions around him look even worse with the flip, and vice versa. But I gotta ferry a small child home from art class and make dinner first.
Are you being purposely obtuse? On Faddy's side, I expect he claimed earlier to give more time for the real doctor to arrive, knowing they would find the doctor and he'd get lynched, so he could explode. All that has to do with my reaction is that there was more time.
I don't think Faddy wanted to self preserve. The more I look back at his posts, the more I think he was purposely embracing fuckery to look scummy. Over night I kept asking myself why Faddy would play so differently. He's self aware enough to cover his tracks as scum and he didn't, from the beginning. Which does, I think, lend itself to either malus or Fandorin being scum who also got caught out yesterday. I find there are more ways to tie Fandorin to the mess than malus, but that's where I'm gonna start today.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
The kill list literally had no influence on the outcome of the day. Why would Faddy suddenly be cautious to list a scum buddy, when it would have had absolutely no consequences?
How would Fran know whether the kill list would or would not have influence on the outcome of the day before the outcome of the day happened?

Besides he also didn't give any reasoning why all his other kill targets vanished (of which Fandorin was one).
Both of Faddy's kill lists were framed as "from most suspect to least suspect". A townie was #1, you were #2, another townie was #3. The others listed there were below #3. When it came down to take a stand, he listed the two townies, but you disappeared.

And, once again, he hadn't given a reasoning for scumreading you, and he didn't give a reasoning for dropping you off his list.

You posted a graph because you found it funny as the reasoning behind your D2 vote, and only started thinking about it after you locked in the vote on Pirate Bae.

---

Just because I question why someone votes for me, doesn't mean I have to instantly scum read them.
This is you saying you scumread rac at the end of D1 when I asked you which were your biggest scumreads:

Flux, Fran, rac.

rac is mostly a gut read, but I got kind of a strange feeling from him.

This is you saying you scumread rac on early D3, a little before that whole conversation happened:

The one I feel worst about would probably be rac. His vote switching seems kind of strange considering he even acknowledged that votes get locked in in a previous post.
Which is it? Did you scumread him or not?

Why didn't you vote for rac when he cast that super weird vote for you, and instead went for Fandorin to help tie the vote against Faddy?

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
Yo, pretty zzz right now but I wanna get something done today so I don't have to do it all on the day of the lynch as usual. I'll think of malus at least. Maybe. Hopefully.

Sawneeks Day end huh. Honestly don't have the brains right to go deep on this now but reading your post you are looking way too much on what Faddy did and said. Basic WIFOM, do not read scum who are at that position. Who knows why he did what he did, why he read things like he did. Could be the lols, could be that he was serious, could be that he was trying to control things to some specific path.

The point is we have no clue. Much more relevant to look at what others did. Two cents.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
Considering Faddy was scum and didn't offer a single read on you during the entire D1, but still had you as a apparent scum read, I'm very inclined to believe that he was adding filler to his kill list.

He saw you were a bit of a topic at D1 and decided to name drop you in there.

Maybe he expected to bring that out later if you flipped, or maybe he could come back and set up a bus. Either way he offered no explanation for that read on you, while he at least engaged at some level with the remaining players on the list to justify them being on it.

The first list he puts out is considering the Sophia debacle and the reactions of those players to her, ranking from scummiest to towniest. You're there at second place, while I'm last and he adds that I've "been townie".

On the second list, which has most of the same names and order, you're still at second place.

Later near EoD he conveniently skips your name and debates between Geno and Fran, two townies, despite the fact that on the last two lists you were above Fran. The fact that you're the odd one out and suddenly vanished from his mind at the end is really telling.
Why is it telling? If he wanted to bring it up later he could have just kept me on the list and it would have been even more convincing. In the end neither Geno or Fran were lynched that day, so I doubt it would have mattered had he kept me on the list.
And why did he even put you on his kill list when he thinks you are town? That seems much more like filler to me.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Yep, just wanted to be sure.

If I recall, your comment was about how I was basically putting on a performance when I was putting out a scum read on Faddy. I would say that yes, that post from Brazil does give me similar vibes here.
Don't get pocketed, Fantomas. Sorian isn't even pretending to be engaging in scumhunting anymore. Look at how he distances himself from Monkey's nuclear take and then flips right back at me without ever acknowledging anything regarding my malus post, but somehow remembers to target you directly with this parallel to a previous game.

I'm off for real now. Y'all need Jesus.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I still think they're both scum but I'd rather go with the safer pick
So if this were the case, we'd be entertaining the idea that this was a coordinated plan from them to come in Town reading each other hard and then get Malus flipped and insist they had nothing to do with it the next day? That would be quite the move.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
So if this were the case, we'd be entertaining the idea that this was a coordinated plan from them to come in Town reading each other hard and then get Malus flipped and insist they had nothing to do with it the next day? That would be quite the move.
I've openly admitted that if malus doesn't flip scum I know one of us is flipping tomorrow. There's no fighting it.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I don't like this post much. Everything that Faddy did could be analized. His game was far from good this time (just look at his D2) so just saying that it could be calculated and just leave it at that is a bad move.

And I find it really hard to believe that I need to explain this to Town!Monkey. This is so far off from your usual town game that it's giving me a really big red flag.
I'm not saying it can't. It can. But we're guessing and looking for other clues to line it all up while it's a huge part of Brazil's read on malus, and he ignores other ties TO Faddy. He has blinders on or he's covering. His whole BUT I AM SURE!! thing is part of that.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Don't get pocketed, Fantomas. Sorian isn't even pretending to be engaging in scumhunting anymore. Look at how he distances himself from Monkey's nuclear take and then flips right back at me without ever acknowledging anything regarding my malus post, but somehow remembers to target you directly with this parallel to a previous game.

I'm off for real now. Y'all need Jesus.

Monkey's take isn't going anywhere, there's no reason to get distracted off of the bullshit we have on our plate to follow a side show (that you clearly want us to follow)

It's already quite the move that Brazil is running interference so hard. Fandorin has been more muted but is also going in pretty hard on it i day compared to yesterday. They're down two scum in three days in a 27 player game where only one kill has happened a night, "quite the move" is the only winning gameplan.