• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
All that's "going on regarding" me is that people are talking about me. There's not even a concrete case I can defend myself from. It's all conjecture.
giphy.gif

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil You know Fando is town with about as much certainty that I know he's town. Like let's stop pretending that a night in a chat proved anything. I feel like if masons and cop hadn't been taken already, you'd be trying to claim one.

I also saw that dig, don't be mean, you were nicer in HvV

*that I know he's scum

Before someone gets clever with my typo.

OP
OP
The Bear

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 4 VOTES ====
Day Start

malus (3 votes)
rac - #3,957 #4,117
fandorin - #4,159
rac - #4,212
brazil - #4,231

brazil (2 votes)
ezekelrage - #4,218 #4,254
fluxwavez - #4,220
ezekelrage - #4,261

fandorin (2 votes)
fluxwavez - #3,902 #3,963
sorian - #3,907
fantomas - #3,912 #3,992
sawneeks - #3,913
fluxwavez - #3,965 #3,999

sawneeks (1 votes)
natiko - #3,921

sorian (1 votes)
blargonaut - #4,020
ezekelrage - #4,188 #4,218

rac (0 votes)
rac - #4,117 #4,212

ezekelrage (0 votes)
brazil - #3,896 #3,991

fluxwavez (0 votes)
brazil - #3,991 #4,231
fantomas - #3,992 #4,141

ceecee (0 votes)
ezekelrage - #3,893 #4,188

Post Counts:
ezekelrage: 59 sorian: 53 brazil: 52 fantomas: 45 fluxwavez: 43 dr. monkey: 38 fandorin: 38 fran: 23 rac: 19 blargonaut: 18 natiko: 17 kyanrute: 10 sawneeks: 10 pirate bae: 9 grizzly: 8 malus: 6 fireblend: 5 lone_prodigy: 3 ceecee: 2 absolutbro: 2

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
That's a decent number of people who don't have a vote down. Expect to swing things at the last minute again?

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Caught up.

It appears that the votes today will resolve the last day's wagons, and while there's the possibility of a chain there, we'll have more information tomorrow.

If I had to choose between malus and Fandorin, I'd pick malus.

We're in a good spot so a misstep wouldn't ruin it.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
We're not gonna turbo
No one has to vote yet
People are doing stuff
Slow the entirety of your roll
But... I'm not talking about a turbo? We have people saying they'd "vote for someone" without actually voting for anyone. I guess I don't get it. I thought even pressure votes were a thing for those who aren't participating as much.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Vote: Fandorin

I'll put my vote here for now just because it is, at the moment, the flip I'd rather see today and I don't think I would have actually moved it if I didn't want to let Flux know my theory about him being a Neutral.

I do still think Malus could be Scum here though, and I think malus needs to show up and start playing and maybe answering some of these concerns that players are bringing up about him, as well as getting his thoughts on Fandorin and Brazil down.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Do you want to claim something? Because the only ones that can say that are scum or a cop, and we already have a cop claim.

Brazil You know Fando is town with about as much certainty that I know he's town. Like let's stop pretending that a night in a chat proved anything. I feel like if masons and cop hadn't been taken already, you'd be trying to claim one.

I also saw that dig, don't be mean, you were nicer in HvV
Stop talking in black-and-white: the only way you would "know" something is if you have more information than we do to work with.
My opinion of Fandorin isn't based on mechanics, but I don't feel the need to sugarcoat it. It is what it is.

Right now, we don't know that malus is scum, but we do now know that Faddy was.
Then look at the obvious links between those two players that have been brought up.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
But... I'm not talking about a turbo? We have people saying they'd "vote for someone" without actually voting for anyone. I guess I don't get it. I thought even pressure votes were a thing for those who aren't participating as much.
You wanted to before. I'm just carrying it over. I don't know how you think everything is so cut and dried. I don't know how you were so confident in Faddy's scumminess, either. What I'm saying is I, at least, am not at all ready to vote. If you wanna try to mount some pressure votes, go for it. I tried it yesterday with LP. It amounted to nothing. I don't think it will mean anything here, either, because it will be fake pressure - and a pressure vote isn't announcing your intent, which is what you said you wanted, so what are you even trying to do here except lecture people for reasons?

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Ties are good and fine early in the day. Febe's takes though are not so great.

Anything before this stuff is outdated and I don't care. Febe saying malus, Fandorin, OR Faddy is a whole ass thing though. I get that he's busy but in hindsight this reads like "whatever, lynch someone." But we know they weren't all town, because Faddy, and it seems unlikely both the other two are town. And what does this say about Brazil?

I don't know if Febe has been active enough to make a judgment about this either way. I find it really frustrating that we've got like five people who are doing so little that we're fumbling in the dark. Febe at least is trying, or appears to be, but this disengagement is the result. And lynching there doesn't even tell us anything; it puts us right back here where we are now.

tenor.gif
I hate it too :( I'll spend the end of day tomorrow in a plane, too.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
You wanted to before. I'm just carrying it over. I don't know how you think everything is so cut and dried. I don't know how you were so confident in Faddy's scumminess, either. What I'm saying is I, at least, am not at all ready to vote. If you wanna try to mount some pressure votes, go for it. I tried it yesterday with LP. It amounted to nothing. I don't think it will mean anything here, either, because it will be fake pressure - and a pressure vote isn't announcing your intent, which is what you said you wanted, so what are you even trying to do here except lecture people for reasons?
Before is before, now is now. I'd appreciate it if you addressed what I actually say instead of trying to find fault in it because of something else I said before. I already acknowledged that we don't need to turbo anyone. That's fine, we'll wait until end of day, as per usual. But you really think that means people should wait until the last minute to put a vote down?

malus

Oct 30, 2017
Then scum would probably win the game.
Well then better not do it.

To be honest after they have tunneled so hard on me I find it hard to scum read Fando or Brazil. If one of them is scum it seems pretty risky going down one single path so vehemently if they are already down two players.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Before is before, now is now. I'd appreciate it if you addressed what I actually say instead of trying to find fault in it because of something else I said before. I already acknowledged that we don't need to turbo anyone. That's fine, we'll wait until end of day, as per usual. But you really think that means people should wait until the last minute to put a vote down?
We're not remotely close to the last minute is what I'm saying. A hell of a lot of people need to show up and actually say something, too.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Out of curiosity, since I don't think it has been brought up today, do we have a reason for why Fandorin voted Bae on day 2 as well? The post with the vote is literally quoting the malus graph and saying "yeah, I'm here too" and then a vote.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
My opinion of Fandorin isn't based on mechanics, but I don't feel the need to sugarcoat it. It is what it is.

No town is so sure about another player aligment unless they have some proof, and not the meta kind.

That's bullshit. You either know and have proof or you lean for a town read. But you are claiming that you know and that you have no proof. That's not how Mafia works. No matter how good you feel about a read you still should have doubts about it.

You claiming that you are SURE that Fandorin is town for meta reasons reminds me of Faddy D1 and Sophia.

Vote: Brazil

I think Fando vs Malus can wait another day. Let's lynch Brazil and see how he flips.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
good morning. skimmed a bit, sorry. (4 pages is a lot)

Hmm, this is true. I don't really understand Faddy's play then. I get he wants to get lynched eventually for the utility but why ever do this claim exactly? I responded to Sawneeks down below before coming back up here to answer you but, yeah, if he goes into this thinking the claim is going to fail then it's malus, he removes his vote create more distance in terms of vote numbers and if he's counterclaimed, he definitely dies.

The only other thing I can think of is, they were hoping the doctor wouldn't straight out claim immediately.

I don't think he was trying to force a doctor claim anymore. I specifically thought that because maybe Ket had been blocking kills but we still only have 1 death last night. This means Faddy just lucked out in guessing she targeted cabot N1 (Bae on N2 is obvious). Without those prior blocks, a doctor wouldn't be as annoying so why sacrifice a scum member to put that?

What it comes down to me is who's voting where and and my other reads. I just find it hard to believe those three wagons form naturally with only one scum on them. Faddy and Fandorin both end up on malus (Faddy for no reason at all since he was reading them both the same) and Fandorin at least put out more reasoning if I remember right but not by much and when he voted he basically pushes himself out of contention, he was the last vote on malus and pushed him into solid second place.

Well for one thing, he couldn't force a tie, he was already voting for malus. He leaves the malus vote to go vote Fandorin. It also doesn't read to me like he was trying to save himself, the numbers just weren't there, even with his move, he still needed three more people to vote Fandorin and everyone seemed pretty content where they were.
Sorian, if you don't think Faddy was trying to force a Doctor claim at that point then what other alternative could there be besides trying to live? If that's the case then why would he try and force the counterwagon to be Fandorin if he is his teammate?

I don't understand your logic here. If he wasn't trying to force a Doctor claim then he was trying to stay alive, making his vote one of self preservation.
Yes Neeks! See the light!

I've talked about this with Brazil on our chat, but after last phase this is the second time a scum member comes up with a town read on me and stubbornly mentions it time and time again without actually explaining it.

I mean, Faddy isn't known for making reads lists on everyone, but he didn't really have much to say about me. This is the earliest mention Faddy makes of me, he says that he could see me using the leader power in a similar way than him, and quite a bit later he votes for me on post #1292, saying that I was evaluating the thread the same way he did. After that I'm pretty sure he just threw an off-handed "Fand is still ok to me" without actually entertaining what I posted or even commenting the cases Neeks and Monkey made on me last phase. He didn't really care about his town read on me and was perfectly content on seeing me getting wagon behind me last phase.

And well, look at these posts.

Flux looks at the vote tally and says that I'm probably not getting lynched and pushes malus to vote for Faddy to limit the wagons and remove me from contention.

Faddy really doesn't like it and puts a vote on me, trying to maintain the 3 wagons alive. Notice that he tried entertaining a Flux/Fandorin link but that came out of nowhere and stayed there.

It is pretty clear to me that he didn't want the voting to be between him and malus, to the point that he ignored his game long inexplicable town read on me and added a vote to the pile he himself called garbage.

He never followed up on this either, considering he was voting for me then. I bet he would just say that he kept his vote on me to see movement, but we know that's bullshit.
Both of them? Do you actually believe that we had 3 scum wagons yesterday?
No, I think it's one or the other. Don't think it's both.
Unless the goal was to do the bomb. I don't think Faddy wanted to self preserve. The more I look back at his posts, the more I think he was purposely embracing fuckery to look scummy. Over night I kept asking myself why Faddy would play so differently. He's self aware enough to cover his tracks as scum and he didn't, from the beginning. Which does, I think, lend itself to either malus or Fandorin being scum who also got caught out yesterday. I find there are more ways to tie Fandorin to the mess than malus, but that's where I'm gonna start today.

Also, good morning, and happy birthday, Sneeks. Do you want to be lynched for your birthday?
no thanks would not like a lynch for my birthday.

See, this kind of logic I can understand. Sorian's makes no sense going after Fando if he thinks Faddy tried to keep himself alive.
I want it via interpretive dance, thanks in advance.

To add a couple insights since I don't recall Faddy posting his read list in this thread - early in the day he listed malus in his town reads and Fandorin in his null reads. His reasoning for the malus town read was that his gut was telling him malus is town and that he liked his dumb graph.

Well that makes his Malus vote even weirder. Did he ever say why he switched on it?

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I want malus Kyanrute rac and Lone_Prodigy thoughts on what I said about the votes for Day End yesterday.

Votes pre-claimsplosion.

(in reference to Flux)

Doc claim

Faddy posts this. Brazil mentions he (Faddy) is also voting for Fandorin.

Faddy's reply:

Ket counterclaims

And then the shift starts

Now, reading this over I figured it went differently than what memory told me. The easiest thing Faddy could have done here was vote for Malus to save his own skin but he didn't, instead he went in on Fandorin. Which is weird considering we have this from earlier that same Phase:

And then I went and looked over every single one of Faddy's posts the last Phase. I picked out a couple of notable ones but what is shockingly absent is any talk of Fandorin when he was a big portion of the discussion during the last Phase. He never even talks about him outside of one post and it's hardly anything.

He just votes here and leaves it, doesn't do much else with this Brazil thought. Note apparently the Brazil scumread was strong enough to make him hesitate to vote Malus despite, well, voting for Malus at one point.

One of the few times he talks to or about Fandorin is this post. He asks Fandorin if he believes the push on him to be real or not.

All of this is honestly making me lean moreso towards Malus than it is for Fandorin. Sorian I know you're a big pusher for yesterday being Scum v Scum with Fandorin/Faddy so I'm curious for your take on this. I know you have a post detailing how Scum!Faddy places a vote on his scumbuddy Fandorin here but I'm actually having trouble seeing it when looking at it in this way. This looks to me like he stepped over his scumbuddy Malus, not Fandorin.

Though the bigger hang up is Faddy just ignoring everything Fandorin related for the Day Phase but with votes that close at the end I don't quite get why he votes there. :/
if i wake up tomorrow to posts of 'see, sneeks is scum she's backing away from fando knowing it will backfire on her!' i'll disown all of you

it's a legitimate question i'm asking here. with votes that close having Faddy vote on the lower contender instead of the higher one which he could have done to save himself makes little sense unless there was a reason he didn't. I went back and looked over sorian's post this phase and he says this

I'm coming to a different conclusion. The Fandorin vote smelled a bit like self-preservation that never sticks and then he goes full claim.

If Fando and Faddy were scummates why would Faddy throw him under the bus here in order to try and save himself? Better course of action would have been to go for Malus and force a tie, then claim. But he didn't.

im starting to think i may be wrong about fandorin oh god

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Because if one of you flips town, those openly planted scum links will unravel, and we'll be able to accurately determine what they are instead of merely speculating.

Like it or not, you're at the center of the discussion now along with Fandorin. This means that flipping either of you will shed a ton of light into what's actually been going down. That conclusion regarding a Fandorin flip or one of yourself is very disingenuous; there's so much more going down than simply Faddy (as I pointed out previously myself). And there's much more going on regarding you than me.

It's kind of bewildering you think that a malus flip would help us more than flipping you or Fandorin. Do you honestly think, for the sake of town, that there'd be more info to gain from him than flipping either of you? And, again, I'm not even addressing this day phase, but your doomsday scenario in which we flipped malus, he turned out to be town, and we "lost."

Honestly, I'm just not interested in the argument against malus. I will check it out, but it was suspicious as hell when I saw him rising the ranks as misdirection for the actual lynch last day phase, and it remains as such this day phase. It's just noise, and no one who's being generally town read is biting it.

This is outright wrong. Faddy's flip relates to a lot of what I'm posting.
Rereading and this caught my eye and it's related to the Malus post I wanna highlight in a bit so o want to mark it.

But it's also important because it demonstrates a fundamental difference in approach. Brazil thinks if we lynch Fandorin (or him) we will immediately lynch the other or if we lynch malus and he's town we will lynch them. What Flux says here though is essential and maybe the first time I've hard agreed with him: things change after a flip. If this is a setup on Brazil or Fando, if someone is pushing the lynch, the flip gets us closer to finding it.

I'm going through the malus votes because I want to see how they came about and because I do. Or believe he is scum. I am not locked into believing if malus is town, Fandorin has to be, though. It's part of why I'm looking.

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
I don't think Malus is scum judging by day end votes.

That leaves Brazil vs. Fandorin to be resolved today. If I had to pick, I would lean Fandorin as I think that flip would give us more information. His voting patterns have been off since D2. Feels like he's looking for someone to bus.

Brazil, at least, has had reasonings for placing his votes where they were / are, and even if I don't agree, I can understand the reasoning. It feels more genuine, but if Fando flips town, I'll be looking there tomorrow.

Vote: Fandorin

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Then look at the obvious links between those two players that have been brought up.
Alright, so help me out here. I've taken a second look at everything, and I'm still not seeing what you're seeing. Is this strong Faddy and malus connection just the fact that Faddy had listed malus high up in the list of people he would kill, and then dropped him (along with some others) later on?

The only convincing point I'm seeing is hat quick vote for Pirate Bae associated with the graph. I was fine with the graph at the time, but looking back, that vote is pretty bad. But I myself didn't really consider the importance of a locked vote phase, and there had been Fran and his override anyways. It was kinda like Day 1 part 2, in that sense.

I'd like to see whatever strong link between malus and scum I'm apparently overlooking.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Alright, so help me out here. I've taken a second look at everything, and I'm still not seeing what you're seeing. Is this strong Faddy and malus connection just the fact that Faddy had listed malus high up in the list of people he would kill, and then dropped him (along with some others) later on?

The only convincing point I'm seeing is hat quick vote for Pirate Bae associated with the graph. I was fine with the graph at the time, but looking back, that vote is pretty bad. But I myself didn't really consider the importance of a locked vote phase, and there had been Fran and his override anyways. It was kinda like Day 1 part 2, in that sense.

I'd like to see whatever strong link between malus and scum I'm apparently overlooking.
Yeah, I said something similar earlier. And the fact that malus didn't like it later I think speaks to him being genuine and not used to the community. He was putting his thoughts out, unfiltered. That's not a scum tendency.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
good morning. skimmed a bit, sorry. (4 pages is a lot)

Sorian, if you don't think Faddy was trying to force a Doctor claim at that point then what other alternative could there be besides trying to live? If that's the case then why would he try and force the counterwagon to be Fandorin if he is his teammate?

I don't understand your logic here. If he wasn't trying to force a Doctor claim then he was trying to stay alive, making his vote one of self preservation.

No, I think it's one or the other. Don't think it's both.

no thanks would not like a lynch for my birthday.

See, this kind of logic I can understand. Sorian's makes no sense going after Fando if he thinks Faddy tried to keep himself alive.

Well that makes his Malus vote even weirder. Did he ever say why he switched on it?
No, he never mentions it in the boat at least. After I finished my ISO of malus I mentioned it in the boat as an aside, but he never directly responded to it. I don't recall if he gave much more than weak reasoning in the thread or not. I just assumed he was hoping to avoid verifying himself at the time.