• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
And yet, he was around at EoD, saw the claims, believed Faddy, didn't think there would be a counter, and then Ketkat shows up, counters, he laughs and talks about how obliterated he is going to be now because of this. And never votes for Faddy. He was there, he saw it all, others voted for Faddy at that point, but his stuck in place.

Many people have said that Fandorin is a very good Scum player. This is my first time playing with him, I spectated KH where he was Town, yes, but this is my first time actually trying to form a read on him while playing with him. What I see here could read, to me, like Scum putting on a show, and the fact that his vote stayed put could be because he knew Faddy was a bomb and didn't want to be blown up alongside his teammate.
I commented a bit on this after Natiko questioned the lack of a vote for Faddy, but fact is I don't have anything to add to that. I was playing mobile while at work and didn't think it was necessary to vote for Faddy after he got counter claimed. I posted a bit but didn't see the bomb blow or those final votes since I tuned off after my last post.
I actually started typing a vote on the post I praised KetKat's play, but got lazy mid way since I don't like manually typing a vote on mobile.

This is not an excuse. His fate was sealed and I could've voted, but didn't feel the need to. Though I wonder why that paints me in a bad light. Fran (I think?) argued that those early votes for Faddy after he got counter claimed are the most suspect, and I agree. I'm suspect for not voting at all though.

Mind you, I think I bussed ALL my scum mates on Power Rangers (Monkey knows it) and most of them on Marvel. I'm a really coward scum player and love bussing for that easy town cred. Guess the limit to the meta read on my scum game is "he's good and fakes being a townie well", but not the fact that I love being early on the bus lol.

OP
OP
The Bear

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 4 VOTES ====
Day Start

malus (3 votes)
rac - #3,957 #4,117
fandorin - #4,159
rac - #4,212
brazil - #4,231

brazil (2 votes)
ezekelrage - #4,218 #4,254
fluxwavez - #4,220
ezekelrage - #4,261

fandorin (2 votes)
fluxwavez - #3,902 #3,963
sorian - #3,907
fantomas - #3,912 #3,992
sawneeks - #3,913
fluxwavez - #3,965 #3,999

sawneeks (1 votes)
natiko - #3,921

sorian (1 votes)
blargonaut - #4,020
ezekelrage - #4,188 #4,218

rac (0 votes)
rac - #4,117 #4,212

ezekelrage (0 votes)
brazil - #3,896 #3,991

fluxwavez (0 votes)
brazil - #3,991 #4,231
fantomas - #3,992 #4,141

ceecee (0 votes)
ezekelrage - #3,893 #4,188

Post Counts:
ezekelrage: 57 brazil: 47 sorian: 46 fantomas: 42 fandorin: 36 fluxwavez: 35 dr. monkey: 33 blargonaut: 18 natiko: 16 fran: 14 rac: 13 kyanrute: 10 sawneeks: 10 pirate bae: 9 grizzly: 7 malus: 6 fireblend: 5 lone_prodigy: 3 ceecee: 2 absolutbro: 2

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
If he knew what was coming, it would've made more sense for him to quickly slide in a vote in his initial reaction when it was safe. The vote was at 8 when he acknowledged the counterclaim. I think scum who knew Faddy was a lynchbomb would've taken that opportunity to get the easy town credit, and not just comment on it without a vote.

So, exactly like you? Yours was the 9 vote on Faddy. Is this an admission of something?

Not only that, but malus flipping scum would essentially clear Fand as well, which would make me very happy indeed.

You know that it doesn't clear you, right?

Then scum would probably win the game.

Could you explain this?

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I think he means me and him would be lynched next while scum danced in delight at the chain lynches.
So the scenario is that, if we lynch malus and he flips town, we'll lose the game by lynching the two of you who are also town? At this point, we have the most information to gain by either lynching you or Brazil. In an event where malus was lynched and we decided to lynch you or Brazil, we'd learn a lot from that flip. If one of you was indeed town, it wouldn't guarantee a lynch of the other.

Setting up a doomsday scenario when I figure we're doing pretty well. Not too into it.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
You are hanging so much on this one person and you have blinders on.
No, I don't. Unlike Sorian, I'm all for hearing different angles here. But all anyone's talked about today has been about Fandorin and I, and I know those are wrong paths.

So, exactly like you? Yours was the 9 vote on Faddy. Is this an admission of something?
Uh, no. All it would take for you to see that you're wrong is read back. My first reaction to the counterclaim didn't come with a vote. I held on to see how Faddy would respond, and only then I voted.

You know that it doesn't clear you, right?
Sure. I never said it did.

Could you explain this?
If malus isn't scum, it's pretty obvious that everyone will go for either Fand's head or mine next (or maybe even both). That'd be two to three mislynches in a row.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I see your perspective now. But here's mine:

If he knew what was coming, it would've made more sense for him to quickly slide in a vote in his initial reaction when it was safe. The vote was at 8 when he acknowledged the counterclaim. I think scum who knew Faddy was a lynchbomb would've taken that opportunity to get the easy town credit, and not just comment on it without a vote.
My counter point: If Fandorin is Scum, he knows how many other Scum players are left, and knows which ones may or may not be switching their votes to do just that. He doesn't have to necessarily to get Town cred, especially with the show he was putting on (assuming he is Scum), and it could be dangerous if he knows that him, plus all his scummates, plus who knows how many Town, all piling on could lead to an unfortunate situation.

And to make it clear what I mean by "a show" is I mean he's trying to seem as Townie as possible during it all so that today people can go back and argue that he couldn't be Scum due to his Townieness during all of that.

Basically, I see your perspective and understand it, but I still find myself disagreeing.
I commented a bit on this after Natiko questioned the lack of a vote for Faddy, but fact is I don't have anything to add to that. I was playing mobile while at work and didn't think it was necessary to vote for Faddy after he got counter claimed. I posted a bit but didn't see the bomb blow or those final votes since I tuned off after my last post.
I actually started typing a vote on the post I praised KetKat's play, but got lazy mid way since I don't like manually typing a vote on mobile.

This is not an excuse. His fate was sealed and I could've voted, but didn't feel the need to. Though I wonder why that paints me in a bad light. Fran (I think?) argued that those early votes for Faddy after he got counter claimed are the most suspect, and I agree. I'm suspect for not voting at all though.

Mind you, I think I bussed ALL my scum mates on Power Rangers (Monkey knows it) and most of them on Marvel. I'm a really coward scum player and love bussing for that easy town cred. Guess the limit to the meta read on my scum game is "he's good and fakes being a townie well", but not the fact that I love being early on the bus lol.
That is fair, and obviously I can't argue against that.

I would say it paints you in a bad light in the world where you are the other Scum there alongside Faddy who was in the spotlight and catching votes. I'm still working with both worlds in my head, one where you are Scum and one where Malus is Scum (and one where neither of you are as well, but I'm not really leaning that way right now), so it's not a tunnel, I just want to work through all of the things in my head here today.

And it isn't that you are suspect for not voting at all. It's that you are suspect (in my eyes) for voting for Malus, and then the reasons I said earlier with your read on Faddy, which made use of all the scummy posts people had brought up about him, while also still saying that Faddy could be Scum and you would link him to Malus if he was. But you don't work out in that read why those posts make Faddy scummy, just that he's Townie to you, and that you can understand though why people want him lynched. It reads to me like you don't want to have to say he's Scum even though it's kind of obvious to the rest of the room at that point.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
So the scenario is that, if we lynch malus and he flips town, we'll lose the game by lynching the two of you who are also town? At this point, we have the most information to gain by either lynching you or Brazil. In an event where malus was lynched and we decided to lynch you or Brazil, we'd learn a lot from that flip. If one of you was indeed town, it wouldn't guarantee a lynch of the other.

Setting up a doomsday scenario when I figure we're doing pretty well. Not too into it.
I don't see how lynching Fandorin and I gives town "the most information" when all of the "suspicions" are based entirely on links that scum themselves openly planted in the thread.

All you'll get if you lynch Fandorin will be "Oh, I guess Faddy did frame him, huh." Same for me: all you'd get would be "Oh, I guess he really was just wrong about Flux, huh."

Maybe then you'll consider looking at the actual solid argument against malus. But you could also do that literally right now without having to lynch a townie first.

You're aiming for "information" without even bothering to parse through the thread with Faddy's flip in mind, and rejecting the arguments of the one person who has done that.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
Uh, no. All it would take for you to see that you're wrong is read back. My first reaction to the counterclaim didn't come with a vote. I held on to see how Faddy would respond, and only then I voted.

I never said that you voted as soon as Ketkat counterclaimed (I already said why I find Natiko scummy when he did exactly that). I'm saying that you are the 9 vote on Faddy, and that is a good place to be if you are scum and know that the last player voting him will die.

If malus isn't scum, it's pretty obvious that everyone will go for either Fand's head or mine next (or maybe even both). That'd be two to three mislynches in a row.

So do you think that only there weren't 2 scum wagons yesterday?

And even with 3 mislynches we wouldn't lose unless scum start making double kills.

There are 19 of us still in the game

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I don't see how lynching Fandorin and I gives town "the most information" when all of the "suspicions" are based entirely on links that scum themselves openly planted in the thread.

All you'll get if you lynch Fandorin will be "Oh, I guess Faddy did frame him, huh." Same for me: all you'd get would be "Oh, I guess he really was just wrong about Flux, huh."

Maybe then you'll consider looking at the actual solid argument against malus. But you could also do that literally right now without having to lynch a townie first.

You're aiming for "information" without even bothering to parse through the thread with Faddy's flip in mind, and rejecting the arguments of the one person who has done that.
Because if one of you flips town, those openly planted scum links will unravel, and we'll be able to accurately determine what they are instead of merely speculating.

Like it or not, you're at the center of the discussion now along with Fandorin. This means that flipping either of you will shed a ton of light into what's actually been going down. That conclusion regarding a Fandorin flip or one of yourself is very disingenuous; there's so much more going down than simply Faddy (as I pointed out previously myself). And there's much more going on regarding you than me.

It's kind of bewildering you think that a malus flip would help us more than flipping you or Fandorin. Do you honestly think, for the sake of town, that there'd be more info to gain from him than flipping either of you? And, again, I'm not even addressing this day phase, but your doomsday scenario in which we flipped malus, he turned out to be town, and we "lost."

Honestly, I'm just not interested in the argument against malus. I will check it out, but it was suspicious as hell when I saw him rising the ranks as misdirection for the actual lynch last day phase, and it remains as such this day phase. It's just noise, and no one who's being generally town read is biting it.
This is outright wrong. Faddy's flip relates to a lot of what I'm posting.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, "no result" is different from "your target is X" I think you are missing the forest for the trees here though, I don't really expect a such a role to exist, it was an offhand thought because I thought it was weird that faddy and you jumped to the same weird thing. It is not at all the important read even in that original post you quoted.

Hold up, why exactly was malus' vote absurd now? That vote came before she claimed iirc, it makes complete sense at the time. This is just trying to revise history with what you know now in mind.
Malus's vote wasn't absurd, his literally immediate backdown and setting the stage for a mislynch was.

#goodtimes

But seriously, it may have been a better choice to check either one of them, sure. I understand that. I just find you a hard read and I'm trying to rule out strong players as suspects.

Tbh if yesterday's vote was a 2-way scum bus between Faddy and someone else, and they knew Faddy was a bomb, they would have jumped ship to Faddy before being the last vote. Fran and I talked about this in our boat before Grizzly sunk it.

So today, I'd like to look at Monkey, Sawneeks, Natiko, Brazil. Malus voted for Faddy after the hammer, so I think it's safe to assume he didn't know about the bomb, else he wouldn't have risked becoming collateral damage. The others voted at just the right time to jump on the Faddy bus, without being affected by his role.

If I missed it, I apologize. Why did you guys vote the way you did?
Look back like 2-3 pages and I discussed this all with Fran already. If you ISO me it'll be like two of my more recent posts. Too busy to go grab them and insert them.

Natiko was the next vote for malus, starting here. He covers a lot of the same ground as Brazil, tbh, but I think he explains it more thoroughly. Even though he also includes a lot of quotes, I'll quote it for that deeper explanation:

Natiko posts his reads later and has malus in the top scum position.

The next posts are largely about Saw and responding to the thread. malus comes up when Fran and others say the malus vote feels like protection. Natiko just asks who is protecting.

And that's it until today. So from both Brazil and Natiko, I'm seeing some arguments, but neither feels like malus should be top scum read at least to my eye pre-Faddy shenanigans. They both move after Ket's counterclaim, which is legit. Brazil moved first, if it matters (I doubt it does). Febe next. I recall Febe's case on malus was... not.
I guess if you feel my case is weak then fine, but explain why. Don't just say "neither feels like malus should be top scum read". I still think the argument for malus and Saw is stronger than Fan or Brazil.

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
My counter point: If Fandorin is Scum, he knows how many other Scum players are left, and knows which ones may or may not be switching their votes to do just that. He doesn't have to necessarily to get Town cred, especially with the show he was putting on (assuming he is Scum), and it could be dangerous if he knows that him, plus all his scummates, plus who knows how many Town, all piling on could lead to an unfortunate situation.

And to make it clear what I mean by "a show" is I mean he's trying to seem as Townie as possible during it all so that today people can go back and argue that he couldn't be Scum due to his Townieness during all of that.

Basically, I see your perspective and understand it, but I still find myself disagreeing.

That is fair, and obviously I can't argue against that.

I would say it paints you in a bad light in the world where you are the other Scum there alongside Faddy who was in the spotlight and catching votes. I'm still working with both worlds in my head, one where you are Scum and one where Malus is Scum (and one where neither of you are as well, but I'm not really leaning that way right now), so it's not a tunnel, I just want to work through all of the things in my head here today.

And it isn't that you are suspect for not voting at all. It's that you are suspect (in my eyes) for voting for Malus, and then the reasons I said earlier with your read on Faddy, which made use of all the scummy posts people had brought up about him, while also still saying that Faddy could be Scum and you would link him to Malus if he was. But you don't work out in that read why those posts make Faddy scummy, just that he's Townie to you, and that you can understand though why people want him lynched. It reads to me like you don't want to have to say he's Scum even though it's kind of obvious to the rest of the room at that point.
I appreciate that paragraph about "the show I'm putting out" haha. After last phase I was worried about my performance in the game since I felt like shit playing, but now I feel like I have the game back on. I am trying my hardest not to get lynched today, but fact is I wouldn't mind as much as I did last phase if I don't manage it. I know Brazil will still be here and worst case scenario we've left a pretty big lead for town to follow after this phase.

I love making scum regret trying to set up my mislynch and I think I'm following the right trail.

And yeah, nothing that you can argue about in that post, it's just what happened. I feel like I should've been more clear after my ISO on Faddy, but at the time I meant that I was town leaning him. I went post by post and his D2 didn't get my attention, but I still had doubts about his push for Flux on EoD which was what everyone pointed out and lynched him for at the end. I thought it made sense for him to double down and push for Flux there, but I was wrong and he used his read on him as a good cover. I didn't want to vote for him at the end, but I wouldn't defend him from the lynch even if I wasn't on the block as well.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
I never said that you voted as soon as Ketkat counterclaimed (I already said why I find Natiko scummy when he did exactly that). I'm saying that you are the 9 vote on Faddy, and that is a good place to be if you are scum and know that the last player voting him will die.
Ok. Sure, yeah, vote 9 would probably be a good place for scum. They didn't get that slot, though, I did.

I don't understand the wording of this question. Please rephrase it.

And even with 3 mislynches we wouldn't lose unless scum start making double kills.

Ok. This is a digression based on a premise that I don't believe in anyway. I strongly believe that malus is scum.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017

This. This hollering about chain lynches is frankly insulting. Unless we screw up gloriously, no one's going to forget to evaluate come a new day and we're doing pretty well so far so I can't get on board with the handwringing.
I guess if you feel my case is weak then fine, but explain why. Don't just say "neither feels like malus should be top scum read". I still think the argument for malus and Saw is stronger than Fan or Brazil.
I'm going to. I'm going through the votes first. I already indicated I had a post from malus I was going to highlight.

rac

Oct 25, 2017
it's weird to see people going so hard on fandobrazil while i just skate by

what's your guys reasoning for not voting me today?

i mean im used to being day 1 lunch material so this is p new to me

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
it's weird to see people going so hard on fandobrazil while i just skate by

what's your guys reasoning for not voting me today?
giphy.gif

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Didn't grab any specific quotes because it keeps getting repeated. I don't know why you keep repeating the same line Brazil . You keep pretending that if Fando is town that I would then lynch you. You fly up my list but the likeliest scum is between Fando and malus. That needs to be solved first, if you were so worried abou chain lynches, you would point here that I plan to go after malus after Fando instead of making I about you. The way I go after you tomorrow specifically is if (when) Fando flips scum.

You also keep saying I've provided no read on malus EVEN THOUGH ALL DAY TODAY AND END OF YESTERDAY WAS ME PROVIDING A READ ON MALUS.

The circle logic is getting annoying.

rac honestly, you are small potatoes, in the world where Fando is scum, you are town so I'm not interested in you until I know what's happening there.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Do you want people to vote for you?

Are you another bomb?
Bomb, extremely unlikely. Neutral who'd need to get lynched before a certain day phase is over? I don't know if that's even a thing.

Anyways, rac, you've been weird since D1. You're not on the same level of priority as Fandorin or Brazil; lynching you wouldn't get us nearly as much.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Bomb, extremely unlikely. Neutral who'd need to get lynched before a certain day phase is over? I don't know if that's even a thing.

Anyways, rac, you've been weird since D1. You're not on the same level of priority as Fandorin or Brazil; lynching you wouldn't get us nearly as much.

Pot calls kettle black

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Because if one of you flips town, those openly planted scum links will unravel, and we'll be able to accurately determine what they are instead of merely speculating.

Like it or not, you're at the center of the discussion now along with Fandorin. This means that flipping either of you will shed a ton of light into what's actually been going down. That conclusion regarding a Fandorin flip or one of yourself is very disingenuous; there's so much more going down than simply Faddy (as I pointed out previously myself). And there's much more going on regarding you than me.
All that's "going on regarding" me is that people are talking about me. There's not even a concrete case I can defend myself from. It's all conjecture.

It's kind of bewildering you think that a malus flip would help us more than flipping you or Fandorin. Do you honestly think, for the sake of town, that there'd be more info to gain from him than flipping either of you? And, again, I'm not even addressing this day phase, but your doomsday scenario in which we flipped malus, he turned out to be town, and we "lost."
I don't think there'd be more "information" from flipping malus than from flipping Fand or I. I'm not after "information".

I think malus is scum. I know I'm not scum. I know Fand isn't scum.

If you flip Fandorin today, I'll get no new information from that. After that, scum will probably just kill someone like Fantomas. It'll just be a reset of today minus a couple of good townies who are trying to solve the game.

Honestly, I'm just not interested in the argument against malus. I will check it out, but it was suspicious as hell when I saw him rising the ranks as misdirection for the actual lynch last day phase, and it remains as such this day phase. It's just noise, and no one who's being generally town read is biting it.
I never thought I'd get to this point in a game of mafia, but I have to echo Sorian in that you're not a very pleasant person to play with.

You haven't even looked at the argument, you're "not interested" in it, and you're here saying that it's just noise?

You're just some dude, man. Sit the fuck down.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil You know Fando is town with about as much certainty that I know he's town. Like let's stop pretending that a night in a chat proved anything. I feel like if masons and cop hadn't been taken already, you'd be trying to claim one.

I also saw that dig, don't be mean, you were nicer in HvV

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Vote: Malus

At least to keep it a bit tied for now.
Ties are good and fine early in the day. Febe's takes though are not so great.

Well, I've been at my flight's gate for like an hour and a half and finally took the time to read through today with peace and calm.

I want to see where the faddy and fandorin pushes go. Both are pretty well substantiated. Beyond that, Malus, kyan and rac I want to keep an eye on, in that order. I'm still not willing to let go of my Brazil townread, but it's usefulness is starting to wane.

Either way I feel like we're in a really good place. Also, Blarg has said nothing on our chat so far. I feel neglected :(

I'm boarding soon so see you guys possibly tonight/tomorrow.

Just got to my hotel and am close to collapsing due to exhaustion. I haven't caught up yet but my instincts this morning were telling me to go for Malus after I read some arguments against them from early in this day phase. I'll do my best to catch up tomorrow but if I can't that's probably where my vote will go.

Side note, this week is going to be terrible for me, I'm busy everyday from 9 to 5 so I seriously apologize for the lessened activity. You guys (and bear) deserve better.
Options make things more interesting.

Also, to be clear, I scum read Malus like I said yesterday night. I have to piggyback off others' reads today, and I've agreed with a couple on him. Not opposed to fandorin or faddy either (I'm a bit puzzled that some would go for Brazil today tho)

Anything before this stuff is outdated and I don't care. Febe saying malus, Fandorin, OR Faddy is a whole ass thing though. I get that he's busy but in hindsight this reads like "whatever, lynch someone." But we know they weren't all town, because Faddy, and it seems unlikely both the other two are town. And what does this say about Brazil?

I don't know if Febe has been active enough to make a judgment about this either way. I find it really frustrating that we've got like five people who are doing so little that we're fumbling in the dark. Febe at least is trying, or appears to be, but this disengagement is the result. And lynching there doesn't even tell us anything; it puts us right back here where we are now.

tenor.gif

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
You are asking for much more credit for Faddy's lynch than you deserve.
Relax, obviously I'm not the reason Faddy or even turmoil got lynched. It's a team effort. I'm saying, despite the weirdness and unorthodox nature of it, it did help. Do you disagree?
I never thought I'd get to this point in a game of mafia, but I have to echo Sorian in that you're not a very pleasant person to play with.

You haven't even looked at the argument, you're "not interested" in it, and you're here saying that it's just noise?

You're just some dude, man. Sit the fuck down.
And I'm supposed to be the abrasive one. Chill, I don't think I've said anything unreasonable there.

I said I'd take a closer look at malus later on; it's not like I've been ignoring everything that's being said about him. But there's nothing compelling to work with, and the fact of the matter is that malus rose as a lynch target during the last day phase when we were on the cusp of lynching scum. Right now, we don't know that malus is scum, but we do now know that Faddy was. Same for not knowing you or Brazil are town. Stop talking in black-and-white: the only way you would "know" something is if you have more information than we do to work with.