• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I need to afk a bit but can people answer to this post please on whether you agree with the logic and what modifier could possibly make sense. The only one from the games I personally know is Power Rangers and that honestly doesn't sound like a great modifier if we do actually get costumed. The fake ones might have some restrictions as well, not really sure.
I'd be seriously disappointed if we weren't costumed but also that's the reason I'd never vote for it. Honestly my memory of the games I played is as non-existing as for those I didn't. I have terrible memory :P

Maybe, maybe not. No way to tell, but I decided to take the risk anyway. I had nothing to lose. I don't have a PR.
I mean, you can lose the game.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Blarg claimed all possible alignments to me during the night phase (obviously), so, I'm not gonna be super useful if AB comes out with his info, but I wouldn't be against that.
I remember looking at the list of boats and thinking "Poor Febe".

Because scum has shit the bed so hard, that the best chance of me winning is just to clean them up ASAP at this point. It's also why I pushed Brazil and Fando so hard that lover's day. If we lynched them that day, they would have both died and I was really convinced there was scum in there.
:|

Why wouldn't we kill ab first?

His power would be less useful to lose. If telling the truth, we have scum in bae.
Because there's more to absolutbro and Bae than just their claimed roles.

You think scum claimed this role (more or less)..twice? That would be incredibly ballsy lol
Incredibly funny as well.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Meh, who cares about that? I'm all about that CHAOS, brother.
giphy.gif

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Man, claiming cop was a good play with scum. You either get cc'd or ppl believe you.

Feeding town faddy would've been the perfect play. Claim rb 1 nite, feed faddy the next. Then claim rb again.

Town thinks there is an odd night rob, you found a scum. Throw in a couple greencks.
90% of the time a straight-up fake cop claimed gets counterclaimed immediately. If you're in those 10% of games that have a weird, kinda-cop role instead of a traditional cop... Then you're golden.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
And your first reaction is to question whether he's "neutral", not "scum"?
Yes. Did you see my other posts on this? It was something from our chat and I think I've said it at least once in the thread, too. I did not think Sorian was mafia. He's had some spectacular performances as neutral, though. And that would fit more with actually trying to solve - he was just solving for something else.
I need to afk a bit but can people answer to this post please on whether you agree with the logic and what modifier could possibly make sense. The only one from the games I personally know is Power Rangers and that honestly doesn't sound like a great modifier if we do actually get costumed. The fake ones might have some restrictions as well, not really sure.
I don't know. I honestly thought maybe this one. There has to be one more at least. Dark Souls had weird mechanics - a hypnotist mechanic but I doubt that's it. I didn't play several of these.
I find the way the bed does and doesn't move hypnotic.

Bae is trying lol. Respect the hustle I guess.

Today is gonna be a wash on votes which sucks.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Yes. Did you see my other posts on this? It was something from our chat and I think I've said it at least once in the thread, too. I did not think Sorian was mafia. He's had some spectacular performances as neutral, though. And that would fit more with actually trying to solve - he was just solving for something else.
I read them after I posted. It's impossible not to make a note of that, though, as it could've been a scum slip.

I get that you were confident of your townread of him, but even when he openly lied to you, that didn't falter? Hm.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Mayyybe NX? Wasn't it a pretty plain game but became infamous for being the highest post count game at the time by a wide margin? Maybe it's an opposite Cthulu.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
I think NX may have some kind of post restriction, since the length of its D1 is the only thing I know about that game (and that's also what's highlighted about the game in the list).

(We almost broke that record.)

I've said it before and I'll say it again: no Power Rangers. Costumes would be a mess.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
90% of the time a straight-up fake cop claimed gets counterclaimed immediately. If you're in those 10% of games that have a weird, kinda-cop role instead of a traditional cop... Then you're golden.
Legend is what it would've been.

Paranoia - bae/ab/Sorian are remaining scum. No use in going that route until 4 or so day phases have passed.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Gonna be out for today but I'll check in sporadically.

Lol at Sorian being neutral. We totally sure on that claim from him though? This is the guy that can convince a fish it needs more water so I'm not gonna jump on that belief train.

Out of Bae and AB I trust AB. His votes and actions throughout the game have left me trusting him more than Bae and her claim about the green check and roleblock is not believable. Would lynch her.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
We totally sure on that claim from him though?
No way. It explains his sudden and artificial fixation on Fand and I during D3 (which was what made me suspect him in the first place), but for all I know that could have also been the starting point for the thought process behind a fake claim.

But we gotta sort Bae first either way. Her claim is bound to have caused some links to scummates.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I read them after I posted. It's impossible not to make a note of that, though, as it could've been a scum slip.

I get that you were confident of your townread of him, but even when he openly lied to you, that didn't falter? Hm.
I just went back and looked but there are at least four instances of me saying Sorian is/could be neutral in our boat chat. Also, something I'd forgotten: he was analyzing other potential neutrals and discarding them for various reasons. I think it's also almost a given we'll have a neutral in a game of this size. Otherwise all I can say is what I've said before: in our chat he was clearly solving and I do not think he's mafia.

And while I buy his claim I don't buy all of it. There's no sign of harmful behavior now but that doesn't mean I believe he's a survivor. Just that there are at least not lovers now. I absolutely believe he mixes lies and truth. The truth is probably close to what he says but I don't think it's the whole truth. I also believe he's right to try to find a game with a post restriction modifier and it was smart to bring it up, though I'm sure that's also self-serving, too.

I'm just unhappy today's votes will be useless. We don't have have a lot of good vote days at all. That sucks at this stage of the game.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
No way. It explains his sudden and artificial fixation on Fand and I during D3 (which was what made me suspect him in the first place), but for all I know that could have also been the starting point for the thought process behind a fake claim.

But we gotta sort Bae first either way. Her claim is bound to have caused some links to scummates.
At least someone here is being rational. :p

And agree on Bae. Snorian wouldn't be until the next phase after these claims.
I AM CALLING FOR A TURBO THIS INSTANT!!!

WE CAN'T LET HER KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH THIS!!!
Lol

Bae is acting like caught scum tbh. Wouldn't be against a turbo. this game is long enough as is we don't need to pad it out

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I already submitted a vote for bae, if people want to turbo thatd give me more chance to catch up, and today's gonna be a whole lot of posturing anyway with bae's assured lynch and no visible votes, so I'd be fine with that tbh

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
But seriously, been a fun game guys. Best of luck >:)

Remember to be nice to each other. No more shit throwing. Have fun. It's just a game.

OP
OP
The Bear

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 5 VOTES ====
Day Start - Day End

Secret Vote:

Pirate Bae (9)
AbsolutBro
Natiko
Dr. Monkey
FluxWaveZ
Fantomas
Brazil
rac
Fireblend
Sawneeks

Post Counts:
sorian: 31 fantomas: 27 ezekelrage: 21 fireblend: 18 dr. monkey: 17 absolutbro: 15 rac: 15 brazil: 14 pirate bae: 14 natiko: 8 grizzly: 6 ceecee: 3 sawneeks: 3

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

No penalties of not posting enough this day, obviously.

OP
OP
The Bear

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
The people sat in the bunker, and felt quite bewildered.
"Let's just lynch Pirate Bae. She is totally a Blarg anyway.
So they did. It was a short, but totally not sweet release. And so Pirate Bae fell to the floor, very dead... and very Blargonaut-y.

Pirate Bae has been removed from the game!

You and an army of other Blargonauts from mafia games through the history have teamed up to change all past games to have more suitable end results for all of the Blargonauts who have been done dirty in the past and in the future! Nobody can stop the army of Blargonauts… hopefully!

You are Blargonaut the Goon, which means Mafia Goon

You do not have any special powers, but you can VOTE!

Any member of the mafia can also do the Faction Night Kill with the command KILL: player during the night phase. Only one member of the Mafia can submit the Faction Night Kill during the night.

You are Aligned with The Blargonauts, which means MAFIA

Your teammates are: [REDACTED]

The Mafia has a group chat in Outer Mafia:

You win, once Mafia consists of 50% or more of the players remaining in the game.

Game Thread is here: https://www.resetera.com/threads/mafiera-mafia-ot-the-day-of-the-blargonauts.91092/

Please confirm you have received this role PM by either replying to it, or posting in the game thread that you have received it

Wait for the next post.

OP
OP
The Bear

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
Night 5 Begins

You may now vote for the next game modifier in the game thread.

Rule Reminder:
Your votes are made in this thread. Same voting rules apply as during day phases.
You may not post anything else in this thread during night phase but votes.
There are no majority rules. In case of a tie, modifier that received votes first wins.
You may change your vote as many times as you want. You are also allowed to unvote regularly.

The vote ends two hours before day begins. Night actions are also due two hours before day begins.
This time the vote is a secret vote. You vote by PMing me the vote. Do not post in this thread during this night phase.

You may vote these modifiers:
Star Wars
Archer
NX
Disney Princess
Pineapple Pizza
Dark Souls
Heroes vs Villains
Power Rangers
McDonalds Treasure Land Adventure
Bar 2
RNG