• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
God my service up here in Muncie is so fucking bad.
rac i s my blob. i odn't want him to be cultscum. or natiko. we survived townhooker together. and lost.

fuck my thoughts are clear but my typing is NOT. the flux theory is really interesting but it seems like such a stretch. Sorian + sneeks is part of meme. but did not invite me or failed if so. so only one meme? are there other memes?
Suffice it to say I'm never believing anything Sorian ever claims again. Those boats were just so meme-y. I demand to know if Bear rerolled the assignments at all.

I think the safe assumption knowing now that Sorian was a leading force of the cult, that Saw was a convert, and that it took us so long to find one is that they probably consistently picked players they felt were unlikely to be lynched or NKed. Players that weren't confirmed town, but that most were leaning town on. CeeCee, Flux, kyan, and you would be the ones that jump out as possible people for that group. I still think kyan is a good spot to likely hit cult. Flux I think is less likely just because of the possibility of missing due to the commute. I wonder if failed attempts are refunded? Don't recall if his role said.

is blarg just blarg or is he convert
Everything about how he's pushing for scenarios that lead to a cult win feels like cult but it's so overt that I honestly can't even tell.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I hear Muncie has okay food at least. If I have only been ther for one day conference wtf are you doing

Best case how many cult are there

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
Only that he [Fran] was a town backup, inherited Stan's role (but there was some weird talk about clarifications he sought from Grizzly?), and that his original role would not flip when he died.
nniiBYA.gif

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
CeeCee, Kyan, and Flux were with Sorian on the Malus attempted lynch and voted for the Zeke lynch over kyan. Definitely think the first lynch should be CeeCee or kyan.

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
[...] No, I'm saying that due to no specific mention of what restrictions may be on a recruit for the cult that it's entirelh possible the can recruit PRs and said player just loses their previous role upon conversion. Sorian's PM did not align with the PMs of cults in other games that could only grab vanilla townies.
Impossible. The host would not have a Cult that can erase vital PRs. I refuse to believe this.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
I claimed yesterday because I was first on the list in both Stan and Brazil lists. If you believe that CeeCee was scared and shoot Stan you can buy that I though I would be lynched yesterday. Also I will flip as an overrider and not my original role so I wanted to get that out quickly so in case I die noone thinks that this is way crazier that it really is.

That were the conditions Stan had. He could change the leader D1 but couldn't target himself and could't use it last night.

It's true that I can't gain used shots but really think about this. There were the possibility that, if Brazil and I were scum partners, that scum could control the first 2 days. I don't believe that both the Gamerunner and the reviewers could miss that. It would be extremely OP for scum to control 2 days lynch.

Sorian What do you think about CeeCee being unable to use his shoot today?

It was a possibility but that would mean that CeeCee killed someone who it's very unlikely scum, a second time. If CeeCee shot me you should just lynch him.

CeeCee I want a full claim and why you can't use your role today.

Also everyone should keep at least a couple of posts available near end game because I will likely want to make some questions to help me take the best decision.
I claimed yesterday because I was first on the list in both Stan and Brazil lists. If you believe that CeeCee was scared and shoot Stan you can buy that I though I would be lynched yesterday. Also I will flip as an overrider and not my original role so I wanted to get that out quickly so in case I die noone thinks that this is way crazier that it really is.

That were the conditions Stan had. He could change the leader D1 but couldn't target himself and could't use it last night.

It's true that I can't gain used shots but really think about this. There were the possibility that, if Brazil and I were scum partners, that scum could control the first 2 days. I don't believe that both the Gamerunner and the reviewers could miss that. It would be extremely OP for scum to control 2 days lynch.

Sorian What do you think about CeeCee being unable to use his shoot today?

It was a possibility but that would mean that CeeCee killed someone who it's very unlikely scum, a second time. If CeeCee shot me you should just lynch him.

CeeCee I want a full claim and why you can't use your role today.

Also everyone should keep at least a couple of posts available near end game because I will likely want to make some questions to help me take the best decision.
Just for you Blarg

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Impossible. The host would not have a Cult that can erase vital PRs. I refuse to believe this.
I just don't understand why Grizzly wouldn't specify in the role PM if it was vanilla only. It seems like an unneeded exclusion at that point. Saw's original role was posted and explicitly crossed out. Just seems too weird to me.

are we still positive there was ever a commute?
I still think so. If there wasn't a commute then he'd be an original cultist, but his denial and certainty was so strong at first that turmoil was lying. I just don't see the point in doing that when instead he could go "yes, I'm a role but I am not claiming" and argue about how turmoil's info verifies nothing about his alignment.

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
2 Town 1-shot Overriders (Stan & CeeCee) vs. 1 Mafia Bomb (Faddy)

Mafia has a Backup with a [REDACTED] stipulation

Town has a Backup whose original Role PM does not reveal upon flip verifying that they are/were indeed a Backup

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
No fuck what Fran typed

He lied to make his claim more palatable after Stan the first Town 1-shot Overrider died

Fran lied

rac

Oct 25, 2017
eh the fact that he was able to get checked by a cop raises a red flag in my mind

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
I just don't understand why Grizzly wouldn't specify in the role PM if it was vanilla only. It seems like an unneeded exclusion at that point. Saw's original role was posted and explicitly crossed out. Just seems too weird to me.
Maybe the strength of their Recruit shot varies depending on the map modifier they earned it from?

Maybe they got a 1-shot from Cthulhu or somewhere that can erase and convert a PR?

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe the strength of their Recruit shot varies depending on the map modifier they earned it from?

Maybe they got a 1-shot from Cthulhu or somewhere that can erase and convert a PR?
Seems a little convoluted, I'd sooner say they could convert PRs but that 50% or less of modifiers would grant a recruit shot. Interestingly I mentioned that cults are usually capped on a max cultist count and this modifier granting shots shit does exactly that. We just don't know WHAT the max is.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
ok but then why use your x-shot n1 when you were trying to stand out
you buy the argument that flux just didn't know what was going on?
No, I'll agree that it doesn't make any sense to use a shot N1 in pretty much any circumstance short of you claimed and cast the deciding vote to lynch scum D1 or something lol But to that point I'm not saying it can't be Flux, the argument could be made that Flux instantly knee jerk denies it only to realize there's some chance that turmoil is town and doesn't want to risk being caught out at that point and has to retroactively come up with a claim that can match his initial reaction. This explains the delay in his claim and being cult explains how he could be unsure of turmoil's alignment and need to lie about his role.

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
Sorian's win condition. What is a potential threat? Mafia, sure. But what about a neutral that wants us to vote PPM?
I think a threat constitutes lethality

That doesn't sound like what Fireblend's claimed unless you're counting lethality to himself (see: pineapple pizza)

But for real pineapple pizza is the default pizza I usually order

I have no regrets being scum in that game

rac

Oct 25, 2017
you know what

vote: fluxwavez

commuter seems like a perfect claim for cult to throw out there especially when you don't know what kind of investigative role is out there

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
My phone is on 2% though and it's almost 3:00 AM so I'm going to bow out until tomorrow. Busy with fam again but that evening after I do some work stuff I'll get my rereads in and finish formulating my thoughts. Sounds like we plan to have one more flip by then anyways so that'll give me more to look into as well.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
I think a threat constitutes lethality

That doesn't sound like what Fireblend's claimed unless you're counting lethality to himself (see: pineapple pizza)

But for real pineapple pizza is the default pizza I usually order

I have no regrets being scum in that game
Jesus Christ you were in PPM? I have blocked most of that game out of my head apparently.

Also you're wrong and you should feel bad and this was all already decided and that verdict is final until a sequel game runs. GOOD NIGHT SIR.

OP
OP
The Bear

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017

CeeCee

Oct 25, 2017
Always fun to wake up to five pages of why you're scum :P

Anyway, sorry to disappoint you but I'm not. Still town, still what I've claimed, still not a cult member.

CeeCee

Oct 25, 2017
You're welcome to flip me if you've given up on this game and just want to lose as quickly as possible.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Hello, good morning!

I'll continue going through D7 now and bringing up any more thoughts I find, I had a couple more notes last night but then I got distracted from my reread once I brought Blarg's CeeCee theory to the table today because that just really tickled my mind when I started thinking about that stuff.

Catching up on the overnight discussions quick first though:

Dr. Drunkey, lol.

I still don't buy that the Cult could recruit PRs. If people want to kill CeeCee because they think he is a Cultist, I feel like that is lame, because there is a perfectly-somewhat-reasonable-kind-of-sensible theory about how CeeCee could be Scum that makes a lot more sense balance-wise to me than a PR being recruited by the Cult. If anyone really wants to kill CeeCee, it should be because they believe he is Scum at this point, not Cult.

For Flux though, he could still be an Original Cultist. I still think something doesn't add up with his claim, particularly the contradiction I pointed out yesterday and which Rac brought up again today which is that he claims to have commuted on N1 for reasons that don't fully add up to me. We also have no proof that he can't be targeted at night, the only trustworthy person to try was AB and he was able to target him just fine.

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Those monkey posts are amazing. Everything we've been through was worth it for those alone lol

I'm sorry my memory is so bad, what were the circumstances of flux's claim again? Do we know that's what he is for sure? What would the point of a cultists commuter be?

Sawneeks' PM was completely crossed out so presumably if PRs could be converted they'd also lose their powers, no? The flavor for the cult is they want "balanced games" so maybe they're vanillizers?

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Back from rereading D7 now. Not as many notes as I thought I would have, but some thoughts about Sorian the Cultist at least.

There were quite a number of people who at least expressed concern about Sorian in one way or another during the day yesterday. 8 out of the 10 remaining players to be exact, with FB and LP being the only ones to not mention him that way from what I saw.

Of the others:
  • Myself and Monkey placed votes on him early, and Monkey was still saying at EoD she thought he could be a Cultist.
  • Flux said early in the day he would be fine with lynching Sorian if others voted there.
  • Natiko also expressed concern about Sorian's role being a lie.
  • Rac said that he wanted to kill Sorian "two days ago".
  • CeeCee at one point said "Let's kill Sorian" but it was kind of a jokey post.
  • Kyanrute mentioned Sorian's name a couple of times when going over Saw's D6 reads, but never really said anything either way about wanting to kill him, just putting his name alongside other candidates yesterday like Zeke, Rac, and Kyan himself.
  • Blarg came to the conclusion at EoD, after thinking for most of the day that Sorian was Mafia, that no, Sorian was actually the Cult Leader.
I suppose my main takeaway is that, from my reread there, I admit I may have missed something but I don't think I did, neither FB or LP talked about Sorian as a possible Cult Leader once.

Of those who did:
  • I buy Monkey's concern because it was the same as mine at the start of the day, which was that one of these Neutrals was probably full of shit, and who better to be full of shit than Sorian.
  • Flux, not sure, he seemed to maybe be reading the room temp about what people were saying about Sorian at the time, I don't think it tells me anything for sure.
  • Natiko seemed to have some healthy suspicion about Sorian throughout the whole day. He even jokingly asked LP to shoot Sorian "for the lols" if we missed Cult on D7 with the lynch. Huh... Thanks for that one, LP!
  • Rac, I think I need you to give me some quotes where you really said you wanted to kill Sorian two days ago. I can fact check it myself, but I kind of want to see it from you.
  • CeeCee might have just been joking. But if Cee is Scum, well, makes sense.
  • Kyan's mentions of Sorian feel like the odd man out kind of to me. He simply presents Sorian's name as someone who Saw also gave some defensive posts to during D6, but he never really floated out the idea of Sorian as Cult Leader or being a good lynch target for the day from what I saw, just brought up his name there a couple times.
  • Blarg... I mean, he was right that Sorian's claim was full of shit. And he did break down at least a couple times exactly why Sorian was full of shit with that claim.
So, targets for me, still between Kyan and LP for me, they don't look any better after that reread. I don't think they are both Scum, they could be one Scum one Cult, or both Cult even maybe. I don't think either are Town though at this point of the game (sorry).

FB, I get the feeling he was possibly Sorian's scapegoat target by trying to tie himself as a Neutral to Fireblend's Pizza stuff as well to get us all drawing those connections after we finally saw Sorian's flip.

Other targets, Flux is still hanging out on his Island of Uncertainty, CeeCee is in a strange place in my mind now that I made sense of Blarg's theory which also puts Blarg in a strange place now too. Rac makes me paranoid, as do Monkey and Natiko. Wouldn't want to go for any of them first today at least though as of now.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorry my memory is so bad, what were the circumstances of flux's claim again? Do we know that's what he is for sure? What would the point of a cultists commuter be?

Sawneeks' PM was completely crossed out so presumably if PRs could be converted they'd also lose their powers, no? The flavor for the cult is they want "balanced games" so maybe they're vanillizers?
Check out the end of D2 again for the Commuter claim. Keep in mind the context of course of it being at the end of the 30 post limit day when people were running out of posts, Fran had said he wasn't overriding, and votes were locked in.

What do you think about my thoughts earlier on how this would work with me and Cabot as Masons while we were both still alive? Cabot gets removed from our Mason chat, never to talk to me again, but he's still in the game, and I'm supposed to think this is normal and not completely fucked up and wouldn't be the most obvious shit in the world?

rac

Oct 25, 2017
Rac, I think I need you to give me some quotes where you really said you wanted to kill Sorian two days ago. I can fact check it myself, but I kind of want to see it from you.
go back and read the day bae died

i actually at one point wanted to kill sorian before bae

it's too bad that a reading error took away all my momentum

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Check out the end of D2 again for the Commuter claim. Keep in mind the context of course of it being at the end of the 30 post limit day when people were running out of posts, Fran had said he wasn't overriding, and votes were locked in.

What do you think about my thoughts earlier on how this would work with me and Cabot as Masons while we were both still alive? Cabot gets removed from our Mason chat, never to talk to me again, but he's still in the game, and I'm supposed to think this is normal and not completely fucked up and wouldn't be the most obvious shit in the world?
That's a good point. Still odd that Sorian's PM doesn't mention a vanilla-only restriction, but I guess it could be information provided by Bear on the very first post in their secret chat or something.

I'll check the end of D2.

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
Sorryan? Cool. Blarg is scum then, or did someone else entertain suspecting him yesterday? Monkey is cult because of the eternal "me thinks sorian is bad but not today." Fireblend could be cult if not for that Sawneeks shot, what makes Fire the most trustworthy player in the game, funnily enough.

No hammer so I guess we aren't screwed and shots have been missed or the modifiers haven't been to cults favor.

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato

Where does the expectation that a recruited mason would be removed from the mason chat come from?

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
Ooh from the vanillazing cult thing I guess? Its not nearly as bastard as recruiting scum would be but it still is a pretty bastard idea. Vanillazing town prs still has the possibility of extremely weakening town.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Where does the expectation that a recruited mason would be removed from the mason chat come from?
We were hypothesizing different ways in which PRs could be recruited to the Cult.

One theory is that the recruited player loses their role, hence why Saw's was crossed out in her flip. This would mean that a Mason would lose their Power Role, which is a secret chat with their Mason buddy who they know is Town.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017

rac

Oct 25, 2017
for me it was more of a kill neutrals sort of position to be honest but then another neutral showed up and then cult

i was p lost

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
We were hypothesizing different ways in which PRs could be recruited to the Cult.

One theory is that the recruited player loses their role, hence why Saw's was crossed out in her flip. This would mean that a Mason would lose their Power Role, which is a secret chat with their Mason buddy who they know is Town.

I think this interaction disproves the vanillazing idea. It'd just be dumb.