• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

rac

Oct 25, 2017
oh btw now that we can stop assuming scum couldn't just target everyone

why the hell would they target me, thanks

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Here's something I noticed while checking the votes though, both Sorian and Sawneeks voted for Bar 2 on night 5, along with Fantomas and Flux. @Fantomas @FluxWaveZ why Bar 2?
I've already explained this. I voted for it accidentally in the thread at the end of D5 when the votes were supposed to be secret. I only did it because Pirate Bae seemed to want that one and we had just killed her hilariously.

The fact that both Sorian and Saw, two Cultists, voted for it as well is something to point out I think, but also, anyone could have been swayed after seeing my mistake vote since, well, you know, I'm Confirmed Town, so who knows.

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I've already explained this. I voted for it accidentally in the thread at the end of D5 when the votes were supposed to be secret. I only did it because Pirate Bae seemed to want that one and we had just killed her hilariously.

The fact that both Sorian and Saw, two Cultists, voted for it as well is something to point out I think, but also, anyone could have been swayed after seeing my mistake vote since, well, you know, I'm Confirmed Town, so who knows.
That was the secret vote though. How could they have been swayed.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
thats rich considering youve been on every bus in the game
and actually one day telling town to turbo
My votes haven't been placed to follow everyone else. This doesn't go for my Faddy vote. It doesn't go for my Fandorin vote. It doesn't go for my Zeke vote. When I want to see someone lynched, I vote for them, unlike you, apparently.

Malus was an exception, though, but that's because it went on forever and it wasn't going to end.
Ugh. Flux, did you vote for Bar 2 because you saw Fanto break the rules?
I voted Bar 2 because that's what Fantomas voted. I went with what Fran and Fantomas wanted before, as confirmed town. Like I said before, I have doubts that the modifiers are created to help/hurt town and scum equally.

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Fair, I guess. That sucks.

My other point stands though, seeing how Sorian and Sawneeks voted for it on the same night phase, it's reasonable to believe cult might have gained a recruitment shot today.

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
And if it's likely that people voted for Bar 2 for that reason, then it's just as likely, if not more, that the cult would have felt comfortable to vote for Bar 2 using Fanto's "confirmed townie vote" as a shield.

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Also, I was right to hate yesterday's line of discussion on what Bear supposedly told Sorian through PM. Making up fake convos with the gamerunner is not ok, get out of here with those tactics, ugh.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
If all the Cult members were removed from the game, would we be notified?

I'm hoping so, since that would kind of suck if we just have to keep wondering "Is there one more left?" after we hit another one or two since we still do have at least one more Scum to find too.

rac

Oct 25, 2017
I come back, and I see we're doing malus: part 2 with respect to Zeke. It's so weird how this just comes up suddenly like this, huh. Anyways, Kyan is part of the ones that seem to be the suspect trio of Kyan/rac/Zeke, so I'd also be fine with that lynch. But have there been a comprehensive list of arguments for Kyan? He kinda fits in the same mindspace as Blarg to me, in a way.

But hey, if we're gonna stray away from Zeke, fine.

[highligh]Vote: rac[/highlight]

Well, I guess related to what you said before, this could be it.

There's no argument against Zeke. He hasn't even bothered claiming. This always makes me feel uneasy. Makes me think that if I were the protagonist in some action flick, pointing the gun at the whimpering villain on the ground who said they regretted their actions, I'd be the type to turn my back in carelessness and get shot.

Welp.

Vote: EzekelRAGE

whoops

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
What is this supposed to show? You're going on a weird tangent for saying that someone you apparently wanted killed for days, wasn't someone you wanted killed enough to vote for. I mean, that's just a fact that you're trying to spin off into something else.

rac

Oct 25, 2017
you are on another train after not going after your preferred lynch
or did i do something to make you think it wasn't me then

anyways ive looked at your previous days votes
its nothing special

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not cult. Explain why I would've exposed it in the first place and killed Sawneeks. I'm a neutral that just wants some damn pizza.

Not sure why I'm even fighting anymore since the next modifier is locked in but eh.
That's a fair point, but who's to say you weren't recruited afterwards? The only thing that throws it off for me is that Sorian did push for PPM and that would have exposed you when you didn't leave the game (though I suspect they would get a recruit shot to then replace you anyways).

lp kyan probably cult
monkey or natiko probably last scum

you're welcome
Honestly the moment I saw Sorian was the NK my immediate thought was that Monkey is scum. She's the only one that was really buying into the idea of Sorian as cult leader. That or her idea rubbed off on scum enough that they followed it without really engaging her on the point in the thread.

Fair, I guess. That sucks.

My other point stands though, seeing how Sorian and Sawneeks voted for it on the same night phase, it's reasonable to believe cult might have gained a recruitment shot today.
Yeah, I assume they did given the votes for Bar 2 during the blind phase.

Also, I was right to hate yesterday's line of discussion on what Bear supposedly told Sorian through PM. Making up fake convos with the gamerunner is not ok, get out of here with those tactics, ugh.
Yep, going to let it rest for now but it's definitely a topic for the review thread.

I'm visiting family but I'll try and devote some time tonight even though I'll be stuck on mobile🤮

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly the moment I saw Sorian was the NK my immediate thought was that Monkey is scum. She's the only one that was really buying into the idea of Sorian as cult leader. That or her idea rubbed off on scum enough that they followed it without really engaging her on the point in the thread.
At the start of the day, both myself and Monkey placed votes on Sorian. I did so because I figured one of the two Neutrals had to be full of shit since there was no way there were 2 Neutrals with their own win-cons plus a Neutral Cult Faction running around (I'll take those points now). Monkey seemed to be thinking the same thing. Both of us later removed our votes, though I'm not sure if she ever later brought up Sorian as a Cult Leader, I'll try to check because I plan to do a full reread of D7 now that the thread is going slower with most of us dead.

One person who did also talk about Sorian yesterday off the top of my head (other than Blarg) that I remember was Kyanrute when he was going back through Saw's D6. I had been kind of thinking whatever about her reads on Sorian, but Kyan made a note of them. Scum Kyan decided to shoot Sorian? Maybe? Are Monkey and Kyan the remaining Scum in that world? Possibly? I'll entertain it more if I'm still alive after we deal with the Cult, but I do like the thought at least.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
At the start of the day, both myself and Monkey placed votes on Sorian. I did so because I figured one of the two Neutrals had to be full of shit since there was no way there were 2 Neutrals with their own win-cons plus a Neutral Cult Faction running around (I'll take those points now). Monkey seemed to be thinking the same thing. Both of us later removed our votes, though I'm not sure if she ever later brought up Sorian as a Cult Leader, I'll try to check because I plan to do a full reread of D7 now that the thread is going slower with most of us dead.

One person who did also talk about Sorian yesterday off the top of my head (other than Blarg) that I remember was Kyanrute when he was going back through Saw's D6. I had been kind of thinking whatever about her reads on Sorian, but Kyan made a note of them. Scum Kyan decided to shoot Sorian? Maybe? Are Monkey and Kyan the remaining Scum in that world? Possibly? I'll entertain it more if I'm still alive after we deal with the Cult, but I do like the thought at least.
My recollection is that even at day end she was still mentioning her concern about Sorian and lamenting that no one else was aligning with her thoughts. I haven't had time to look back at anything yet to verify and grab quotes though.

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
That's a fair point, but who's to say you weren't recruited afterwards? The only thing that throws it off for me is that Sorian did push for PPM and that would have exposed you when you didn't leave the game (though I suspect they would get a recruit shot to then replace you anyways).
I mean, like you said, any scenario that involves cult-me not telling the truth and not winning after PAP gets selected would at best result in no change for the cult's numbers and the rest of the players having more info on the cult, so yeah, a very counterproductive strategy. Even yesterday I was strongly against entertaining Sorian's gamerunner PM trash and said Monkey was right to be suspicious, and I would have voted for Sorian had Fanto voted for him (but to be fair I would have piggybacked onto his vote for anyone to gain town's trust :P)

Man his fake role claim was so good.

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Also after yesterday's Zeke town flip I'm sure scum was equally spooked by the cult. Not sure I would have put it past anyone in those circumstances to go "fuck it, might as well lynch Sorian".

It would be beautiful if it was Monkey tho.

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
VOTE: CeeCee
Cee is scum, Sorian is Cult Leader

congratulations I've left the game
Q9CS4eD.png
8Z00TIm.gif

Give me 2-for-2 suckers let's go scum!Cee next.

Town, learn your lesson don't be fools like Yesterday, you always listen to the CAPS

endgame is my specialty

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
VOTE: CeeCee

8Z00TIm.gif

Give me 2-for-2 suckers let's go scum!Cee next.

Town, learn your lesson don't be fools like Yesterday, you always listen to the CAPS

endgame is my specialty
Lynching cult and lynching scum today would be glorious. I'm going to take a proper look back before placing any votes this time but, right now, I am totally up to lynch CeeCee.

Unsure about the other. Leaning Fireblend, Kyan, and Lone_Prodigy.

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
We can finish this game Today, I'm 86% sure there's only 2 scum left

I've found Mafia!CeeCee, megaposters it's time to start contributing

Who's the last scum?

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
I have mad suspicions against Dr. Monkey and Natiko for completely ignoring my hard work Yesterday

Explain yourselves

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, I wanted to start with going over this:

making sure they are correctly balanced and fair. Alas, it seems many bastard games have been played in the past, and what's worse is that people seem to like them! That simply cannot do, so you and your fellow game reviewers have decided to spread the joy of balance and fairness!

You are Grizzly the Game Reviewer which means Neutral Cult Member

Cult can recruit more cult members during night phase with command RECRUIT: Player. If recruitment is successful, the targeted player becomes part of the Game Reviewers Cult.

However, Recruitment is a limited shot power, and the cult starts with zero shots. Choosing certain Phase Modifiers for new day/night phases may give cult more recruitment shots. If a modifier gives you a recruitment shot, you may use it at earliest the next night phase. Any cult member can do the recruiting, but only one can do it during the night phase.

It seems tooooo easy for it to have been the more bastard games or the more vanilla games that gave a shot but we should cross-check against Sorian and Sneeks' votes anyway. Sneeks was probably recruited either the night of the LB vote or the time after when they might have gotten a shot.

If recruitment is successful does indicate there's some restriction or there's something else that could get in the way.

They have to be physically able to win, so we want a pattern that includes ~half the modifiers. If there is a pattern; there may not be.

If Bar 2 gave them a shot, they won't have it until tonight.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
It seems tooooo easy for it to have been the more bastard games or the more vanilla games that gave a shot but we should cross-check against Sorian and Sneeks' votes anyway.
Oh god, Sorian said something once about wanting to pick Bastard games. I remember because I think he had quoted me on the Cthulhu day and said something like "I'll probably just vote for Conspiracy, that was more Bastard than Cthulhu and this modifier is tame" or some shit like that.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Yep, here it was, on D2:
Why? Cthulhu was probably our first game that strayed into bastard and it ended up being the tamest/lamest modifier ever. At this point, I think I'm probably just going to vote conspiracy and we'll probably get someone low key like "someone has a secret double vote!"

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Blarg, I'm absolutely not ignoring you. I just don't think CeeCee is mafia for all the reasons I've been stating since after the first big discussions around the Stan shot.

But if we can work out whether or not there are restrictions, CeeCee might be a decent candidate for cult and that makes it worth looking back at Sneeks' posts there.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Oh god, Sorian said something once about wanting to pick Bastard games. I remember because I think he had quoted me on the Cthulhu day and said something like "I'll probably just vote for Conspiracy, that was more Bastard than Cthulhu and this modifier is tame" or some shit like that.
good find on the post. That would lean against Pineapple Pizza. I wonder if Sorian was voting it to cast shade since he knew most of us wouldn't vote it or if there's not a pattern here.

PPM was unusual roles, though. There was a beloved princess, which is a shitty negative utility role.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Yep, here it was, on D2:
So, all of this to say, we have evidence of Sorian wanting another Bastard game modifier after having gotten his wish with the first one, and there is also a hint about Bastard games in his role.

That would be my evidence that I am presenting here for this point.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
I think CeeCee has a higher chance of being cult then scum.

A day vig that has used their shot will skate to endgame without garnering any suspicion. That's a perfect cult recruitment target.

Same with semi confirmed to confirmed town.

Back to the drawing board.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, like you said, any scenario that involves cult-me not telling the truth and not winning after PAP gets selected would at best result in no change for the cult's numbers and the rest of the players having more info on the cult, so yeah, a very counterproductive strategy. Even yesterday I was strongly against entertaining Sorian's gamerunner PM trash and said Monkey was right to be suspicious, and I would have voted for Sorian had Fanto voted for him (but to be fair I would have piggybacked onto his vote for anyone to gain town's trust :P)

Man his fake role claim was so good.
Also after yesterday's Zeke town flip I'm sure scum was equally spooked by the cult. Not sure I would have put it past anyone in those circumstances to go "fuck it, might as well lynch Sorian".

It would be beautiful if it was Monkey tho.
His fake role claim was really good. Those boats gave him a really good cover.

And I fucking wish it had been me. I wish we'd lynched his ass. But I do wonder... he recruited Sneeks, who was his love boat partner. He was oddly fascinated with Flux in our boat and if I were to wifom Sorian, I would guess that means not Flux, restrictions pending. Ugh, I really wonder if he could recruit anyone or just vt. Brazil's role is kinda weird if he wasn't just there to block a recruitment.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Makes for a good frameup, huh.

I will eat a lynch if we wipe out cult and are fairly sure scum is small if we gotta, but it was not me. I wish it had been me. If I'd had a vig shot you're damned right I'd have killed him at some point just to put my mind at ease, because even when I was townreading him, I was still nervous.

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
Blarg, I'm absolutely not ignoring you. I just don't think CeeCee is mafia for all the reasons I've been stating since after the first big discussions around the Stan shot.

But if we can work out whether or not there are restrictions, CeeCee might be a decent candidate for cult and that makes it worth looking back at Sneeks' posts there.
vAy91E1.gif

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
It is my belief that Kyan is probably a safe target to hit today regardless while we have the gift of two lynches.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I would also at this point like to say that Sorian's fake claim might be partially my fault because when he showed up the first thing I yelled was WHO DID THIS

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Some reports from boat:
Sorian's constant references to Bear's fair and even game design (there and here) HAD to be him laughing at his role.

He believed Fran because of turmoil's flip (that was before Fran used his)

He thought CeeCee was town

I asked him about Sneeks particularly and he said he thought she had a great entrance and was town. So no real clues there about what happened.

He expressed suspicion of Brazil and swung back and forth on Natiko. He did not know about LP or Blarg, though he leaned townish on Blarg. He thought Blarg was purposely trying to obfuscate to hide his real thoughts and he thought Blarg was legit worried about Zubz/Zeke. There might be something there.

Mentions Flux a few times. Felt Flux was out of step with the community/the game. Kept talking about Flux's takes. Not sure what to think about that. He mentioned Kyan only once, briefly, as part of a group and then focused on the others in the group and not Kyan. Hmm.

rac

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't make the connection until now. Not sure I would have anyway with his fake claim on the board. Even if I'd look at that, it probably would have made me more inclined to believe it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

that you jokingly guessed sorian's pr doesn't give you any pause?

wild theory monkey let sorian run rampart on the thread because she is scum
only killing him now cause cult was a problem late game and the vote was p close at night

btw Blargonaut if you were so insistent that sorian was cult leader why did you vote pineapple pizza?

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
He said he didn't think anyone cared about the modifiers and SPECIFICALLY tried to get me to vote for HvV and hoped he would get something from it. I assumed he meant items but I think we can chalk that one up to cult.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
that you jokingly guessed sorian's pr doesn't give you any pause?

wild theory monkey let sorian run rampart on the thread because she is scum
only killing him now cause cult was a problem late game and the vote was p close at night

btw Blargonaut if you were so insistent that sorian was cult leader why did you vote pineapple pizza?
I didn't guess his PR. I expressed dismay at being in a boat with Sorian and said WHO DID THIS as in who chose it, as in Bear or reviewers or whomever. It would never occur to me that it would have been a player. Even a real cupid didn't come up in discussion (or similar role) until Sorian fakeclaimed, unless I missed something. Why do you go immediately there?