• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
DANCING ON SORIAN'S GRAVE
Ah, good idea.
Sorian has been removed from the game!
Hey, Sorian
OmXfvSy.gif

5zMzcPC.gif

JKwhhuy.gif
JKwhhuy.gif

t1B7aaY.gif

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going back and digging through all the modifier votes, too. HvV was probably a shot.

How big is cult vs how many scum are left vs deciding if PPM votes were just nice or cult.

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Well that's fun. How do I convince you guys I'm not cult? I still exposed the cult and killed sawneeks. Which such difficult recruitment mechanics, sacrificing Sneeks just wouldn't have been worth it. Either way, I still want Pineapple Pizza to be chosen (even though that seems close to impossible now).

Thoughts?

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Oh boy, so Fire is definitely cult. Need to dig through and see who all voted with Sorian consistently. People that were looking to vote Love Boat probably look good too as he clearly wasn't getting a shot from that. No hint as to how many total possible members though so that's not great news. At least we know they are 4 or less currently. No limit on the recruit either so that makes this all a shit show. At least we get two shots at hitting them today, bless RNG.

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Oh boy, so Fire is definitely cult. Need to dig through and see who all voted with Sorian consistently. People that were looking to vote Love Boat probably look good too as he clearly wasn't getting a shot from that. No hint as to how many total possible members though so that's not great news. At least we know they are 4 or less currently. No limit on the recruit either so that makes this all a shit show. At least we get two shots at hitting them today, bless RNG.
I'm not cult. Explain why I would've exposed it in the first place and killed Sawneeks. I'm a neutral that just wants some damn pizza.

Not sure why I'm even fighting anymore since the next modifier is locked in but eh.

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I want someone to make a bet with me: if you think I'm cult, please bet one month of what it costs to keep the vote tool server up and running. It's around $9. Who's up for taking that bet?

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Not even surprised. The kill itself is more interesting; I figured Kyanrute (high suspicion for cult) or Fantomas ("confirmed town") would have been killed this time.

I like that what Natiko said is what RNG ended up being: randomly picking a modifier. lol if it had ended up being Pineapple Pizza.

So, considering Sorian's flip compared to Sawneeks', I guess he was the leader. This would also explain some weird, sudden obsessions behind certain modifiers in the past, like Heroes vs. Villains or Cthulhu.

And, now, Pineapple Pizza. It's possible that cult hasn't been able to recruit for some time or they've had some kind of trouble, and they know that Pineapple Pizza will give them a shot. Perhaps they'd be ready to sacrifice Fireblend for that purpose, and that it would get them closer to being a majority?

I was about to vote for Fireblend, but it does seem like we're at the endgame now. And with today's modifier, it seems we'll need to be a bit more careful.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not cult. Explain why I would've exposed it in the first place and killed Sawneeks. I'm a neutral that just wants some damn pizza.

Not sure why I'm even fighting anymore since the next modifier is locked in but eh.
yeah, this is a problem.

but it's really, really hard to believe. I'm gonna go back over all Sorian's posts to you very carefully.

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Also if I had people I wanted to protect why would I have given my vote to Fanto yesterday. I'm still up for lynching Kyan btw, or whoever. Monkey, Fanto, direct my vote.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
So there is at least one scum who's not cult, because Sorian is dead. This is fact.
Scum is invested in removing cult. This is fact. These facts will help today.

Only certain modifiers gave shots. We don't know how many shots. That needs to be a focus.

We may well be at endgame and without knowing numbers, we need to be super careful about votes.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Also if I had people I wanted to protect why would I have given my vote to Fanto yesterday. I'm still up for lynching Kyan btw, or whoever. Monkey, Fanto, direct my vote.
I'm willing to consider the deal with you if we hit cult with the lynch and if you help us figure this out. But we have to determine if Sorian was riding your pizzatails or if you are cult. And that's gonna depend on figuring out the rest. Sorry, Febe, them's the pizza crusts.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I have to go make dinner. I'm gonna break out my spreadsheet too and parse modifier votes on it later. BUT HEY GUYS PERK UP WE HAVE A NEW PUZZLE AND MORE CLUES AND WE CAN DO THIS

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still kind of in shock, but yeah, I'm going to go look over some of those modifier votes I think.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually inclined to believe Fire.

This will end badly for us won't it?
People were inclined to believe Sorian, too. All of that Love Boat stuff ended up being made up. He probably wanted to avoid Love Boat because it wouldn't give him a recruitment shot for cult, and then retrofitted it into a claim once AbsolutBro's investigation results came out.

Both cult and scum (and town, I guess, with the Brazil/Fandoring/malus stuff) have been erratic this game. The plans are on layer 20, and I think things go beyond "what would make sense."

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I'm willing to consider the deal with you if we hit cult with the lynch and if you help us figure this out. But we have to determine if Sorian was riding your pizzatails or if you are cult. And that's gonna depend on figuring out the rest. Sorry, Febe, them's the pizza crusts.
I mean, fair. I can see how this looks from town's perspective. But the facts are there and I my actions would make 0 sense if I was cult, I'm willing to try and hit cult tonight to at least clear my name.

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
People were inclined to believe Sorian, too. All of that Love Boat stuff ended up being made up. He probably wanted to avoid Love Boat because it wouldn't give him a recruitment shot for cult, and then retrofitted it into a claim once AbsolutBro's investigation results came out.

Both cult and scum (and town, I guess, with the Brazil/Fandoring/malus stuff) have been erratic this game. The plans are on layer 20, and I think things go beyond "what would make sense."
This is stupid. If evidence doesn't matter you can justify any lynch. Plus, Sorian's claim was a work of art. If I was allied with him what would've been the point of adding a stupid pineapple pizza gambit on top of that, let alone kill sawneeks and reveal the cult's existence? I've not lied once this game.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
This is stupid. If evidence doesn't matter you can justify any lynch. Plus, Sorian's claim was a work of art. If I was allied with him what would've been the point of adding a stupid pineapple pizza gambit on top of that, let alone kill sawneeks and reveal the cult's existence? I've not lied once this game.
Why not? It's all misdirection that obviously obscured the cult's nature (while exposing it that day through your shot, for whatever reason), and Pineapple Pizza is a modifier that will give you guys a recruitment shot, which might be worth a sacrifice of yours for whatever reason. We're approaching the end game. If they've had trouble getting recruitment shots because of the modifiers that have been picked, it might have been worth pulling a "Vote for Pineapple Pizza and, if I'm still alive, lynch me next phase."

It'd explain why you hadn't mentioned Pineapple Pizza until late in the game. Sawneeks' lynch after malus was shot was clearly calculated to unveil the cult, it wasn't an accident. The reactions from us avoiding Pineapple Pizza completely once we saw her flip might not have been planned, or it might have been and that was also a beneficial result for you guys, keeping yourself protected from the possibility of a lynch until we reach the end game.

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Actually...

Man, that RNG choice really screwed me over. The next modifier is set and we're lynching 2 people today?

Might as well lynch me now, surely there is no way this game lasts 2 more night phases? :(

What am I fighting for D:

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Why not? It's all misdirection that obviously obscured the cult's nature (while exposing it that day through your shot, for whatever reason), and Pineapple Pizza is a modifier that will give you guys a recruitment shot, which might be worth a sacrifice of yours for whatever reason. We're approaching the end game. If they've had trouble getting recruitment shots because of the modifiers that have been picked, it might have been worth pulling a "Vote for Pineapple Pizza and, if I'm still alive, lynch me next phase."

It'd explain why you hadn't mentioned Pineapple Pizza until late in the game. Sawneeks' lynch after malus was shot was clearly calculated to unveil the cult, it wasn't an accident. The reactions from us avoiding Pineapple Pizza completely once we saw her flip might not have been planned, or it might have been and that was also a beneficial result for you guys, keeping yourself protected from the possibility of a lynch until we reach the end game.

How could cult not have seen the reaction to Sneeks flip coming. Your reasoning makes 0 sense holy shit. That's a lot of "for whatever reason"s in your post.

You up for that bet then?

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The next modifier is set
What do you mean when you say this? I don't think the next day's modifier has been set. You just mean today?
How could cult not have seen the reaction to Sneeks flip coming. Your reasoning makes 0 sense holy shit. That's a lot of "for whatever reason"s in your post.

You up for that bet then?
Again, people have avoided lynching you while also avoiding voting for Pineapple Pizza. Losing the possibility of getting that recruitment shot, but ensuring that no one thinks of lynching you because "the plan won't make sense" would be exactly what you were going for.

And you mean the cash bet? Nope, not touching that in a game like this. But nice try.

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I would lynch Kyan and L_P, although flux's insistence on my actions somehow making sense for a cult member is really making me doubt what he is.

OP
OP
The Bear

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
Just as a clarification: RNG RNG'd only D8 modifier, you get to vote D9 modifier again.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
like im sorry im not a town leader that can make lynches just happen
So instead of voting for the people you think should be lynched, you prefer to vote for who everyone else is voting for instead.

Saying that you wanted him killed for days is meaningless if you didn't put to use the only power we have to put that into motion.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Kyanrute, LP, Fireblend, Blargonaut.

I think these are my suspects for today.

Worst case for us I think is a Cult that is currently at 4 members and a Scum team that still has 2 members left, leaving Town with just 4 today.

For now, I'm trying to think of things as not being quite that desperate though, because if that is the case, then I would probably guess that I have not listed the 4 remaining cult members above, and that we are going to have to go a lot deeper than that to find out who is Cult outside of that group.

rac

Oct 25, 2017
Vote: malus

We obviously can't move on without this lynch. It's been a sticking point since D3. So let's just get this over with. I don't believe either him or Brazil are scum at this point.

So instead of voting for the people you think should be lynched, you prefer to vote for who everyone else is voting for instead.

Saying that you wanted him killed for days is meaningless if you didn't put to use the only power we have to put that into motion.

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Other than the times he voted for PAP, I voted with Sorian for Cthulhu because it was my first game in this community, and The Price is Right, for no particular reason other than it was a landslide vote when I checked the status of the vote and my vote wouldn't have done anything at that point.

Lynch-wise, we both voted for Stan for mayor during D1, and... That's it.

Here's something I noticed while checking the votes though, both Sorian and Sawneeks voted for Bar 2 on night 5, along with Fantomas and Flux. Fantomas FluxWaveZ why Bar 2?

Anyway, it might be the case that cult got a recruit shot today.