• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Don't be like that - trust me this betrayal feels bad, but plenty of us have been there. Monkey and I have to live with Town Hooker. This was our redemption (mostly Monkey's). You'll get yours.
You deserve every bit of credit that monkey gets for all this. I was starting to turn a bit on Monkey possibly being Scum but it was mostly thanks to Sorian in the Cult Chat being pretty dead set on it. When it came to reading you I was fairly certain you were Town and the only little nitpick was your tunnel read on me that I felt was off. Post-death I was really surprised to see you were Scum, you did a great job.

I really liked the post limited day but I knew I couldn't drop my volume or people would suspect me.
same. being able to have a day that wasn't 372634 pages long was nice

This was my first experience with a Mafia game and it was pretty damn fun. Really loved watching it and i hope to be able to play it with y'all one day.

Also, was rooting for Fireblend to get his pizza so i'm happy.
Glad you enjoyed it! We're going to be doing our Review Thread soon where we discuss about some things we may need to change but after that we will be starting sign ups for 2 games. Just keep an eye on our OT. :>

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The priority list is 100% right, the issue, and now I'm confused on if we've been teaching mods wrong this whole time, is that kills are not an action modifier, they do not stop later actions and Hecht definitely knows this because MGS mafia literally hinged on this.
This is for sure something to talk about though. Maybe Fireblend or Roytheone can pop in since they handle reviewing but we might need to look at how we're handling the priority for kills and other moves.

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The priority list is 100% right, the issue, and now I'm confused on if we've been teaching mods wrong this whole time, is that kills are not an action modifier, they do not stop later actions and Hecht definitely knows this because MGS mafia literally hinged on this.

The way I understood in the modchat, the commuter mistake happened because "it was in the design sheet", that's why I assumed the priority list for that game was incorrect. Grizz can correct me on that if I'm saying nonsense.

You're right on the kill/recruit thing, though; I thought I was right when I shared you that link on the spec chat, but thinking about it more I realized what you were saying.

Alexem

Oct 27, 2017
Essex, UK
Well done everyone, this has been great fun to watch. I said it in the spec thread but I have to say it again - congrats to the scum team for really turning it around in the end and commiserations to the cult - a bit longer before getting sussed and you could have had it.

Aside from that, Fanto definitely deserves some kind of 'towniest townie ever' sticker. It can't have been fun to keep going for those last few days, but kudos for keeping going all that way.

OP
OP
The Bear

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
MAFIERA MAFIA MVP AWARDS – THE VOTE

That's right! We are having a MVP Awards vote for this game!

RULES

This is not a popularity contest. Think about who you think played the game best, put in most work and tried hardest to help their side to win. It doesn't matter what faction won in the end, but the overall player performance.

In order to make your vote count, submit to me next format via PM:

1. Player X
2. Player Y
3. Player Z

First on your list will receive three points, second will receive two points, and third will receive one point.

You can vote any player who played in this game, and didn't replace out during the early day phases. So anyone except those who subbed out. You cannot self-vote.

Who can vote?
All players, including everyone who subbed out.
All people who were in the spectator chat.
All people in the modchat.

The Top 5 will be revealed after vote ends. The Top 3 will receive prizes from me!

The Vote Ends In:
u9m3tqvh3y

New page quote

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nah I like this version of the game better.

And sorry Sorian. We had fun during McDonalds at least, and you were always for letting me win :P

The man got his pizza. I can at least live in solace with that. Benign neutrals deserve all their wins.

The way I understood in the modchat, the commuter mistake happened because "it was in the design sheet", that's why I assumed the priority list for that game was incorrect. Grizz can correct me on that if I'm saying nonsense.

You're right on the kill/recruit thing, though; I thought I was right when I shared you that link on the spec chat, but thinking about it more I realized what you were saying.

I mean, it sounds like recruit was at the bottom of the priority list (right above AB's check) but then there was a single exception where it wasn't modified by the commute which was at the top. That exception probably should not have existed but that was at least something that was talked about ahead of time and there is room for mod design choice.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017

As a defense of Grizzly here. I think the way he did it was fine. Recruiting is then effectively the first action of the day. That isn't standard but cults are bastard anyway so rules don't matter.

The fact that any cult member could recruit is also a factor here. There is a scenario where the cult could be a single different player for multiple phases. At least this way the cult could be stopped by the mafia kill. It is definitely a reasonable choice to make.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
As a defense of Grizzly here. I think the way he did it was fine. Recruiting is then effectively the first action of the day. That isn't standard but cults are bastard anyway so rules don't matter.

The fact that any cult member could recruit is also a factor here. There is a scenario where the cult could be a single different player for multiple phases. At least this way the cult could be stopped by the mafia kill. It is definitely a reasonable choice to make.

But if recruit was the first action of the day then it makes even less sense for a kill to affect me.

:thinking:

You can absolutely do what Bear did in a game if you want, but it goes completely against the actual accepted rules of forum mafia. If you do it, you need to include a line directly in the role PM that says "if you are killed on the same night you attempt to recruit then the recruit attempt will fail as well." Without that, the game design is bastard.

People didn't learn after the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 50th, or Town Hookerieth time. Why would they learn now.

hes-right-you-know-32644960.png

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
If thst Mvp thing is about quality rather than quantity then i think i should get it.

Got myself proclaimed king of shit mountain when i was already an override.

On top of the fucking world.

rac

Oct 25, 2017
I thought you were going to go all the way there. I had this playing in my head when you posted just waiting for the finish.
i was actually just gonna bounce from the thread to be honest

the only thing that really feels bad to me is how scum could just use cult like that
in the end there it just felt hopeless cause you are just getting bullshit from two different sides

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
god I knew something was off about Dr. Monkey and Natiko

The way they were so friendly to each other

Should've said something

I will remember this

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
FluxWaveZ, I'd like to apologize for saying that you were unpleasant to play with. I was generally frustrated during that phase and ended up using some of your posts as a scapegoat for my frustration.

My bad. I hope we get to play together again. You were weird sometimes, but you added some spice to the game.

+1 on this.

Sorry we thought you and your brother were Scum. :<
Your "opening post" after you died on Outer is spectacular. I mean it lays the game out almost fully.

You have a lynch order that has 2 cult then 3 scum. You were on top of everything and you had to die for it.
I second what Faddy said about Brazil. That pre-typed post he came on with to spec chat when he died was literally the strongest post I've ever read summing up a game.
I just read Brazil's prepared post for D7 on the spectator read. Brazil you're a wizard. What the fuck.
Thanks y'all, hahaha. I was talking to Febe about this earlier, but I'll gladly take these compliments as a consolation prize for not being able to post that in the game. Easily my biggest mafia heartbreak since messing up MyLo in Berserk, hahaha.

just too bad im terrible at mafia

anyways i was hoping fb was a arson
You gotta believe in yourself, man. I was so fucking hyped when you showed up with that call that I actually texted Fand about it.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
just too bad im terrible at mafia

anyways i was hoping fb was a arson
fanto way too trusting by the way lmao
i was actually just gonna bounce from the thread to be honest

the only thing that really feels bad to me is how scum could just use cult like that
in the end there it just felt hopeless cause you are just getting bullshit from two different sides
i just ghosted the thread, sorry town

didnt expect to post again in here tbh
I fucked up more than you, you were at least right.

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This game must be one of the wildest regarding plot twists

The cult reveal is just behind we killing our two cops consecutively in Berserk

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This game must be one of the wildest regarding plot twists

The cult reveal is just behind we killing our two cops consecutively in Berserk

There's a timeline somewhere where the game just abruptly ends with Bear saying "Cult Wins!" and the thread reaction is "There was a cult?!?!?!"

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Also props to Bear for actually keeping that spoiler to himself. I'm a shitty game mod, I would have had to tell spec thread by like day 4 at the latest.