• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well I want to watch the game in which Febe doesn't steal the vig shot from me and I shoot you point blank with 3 minutes into the day phase.

We all have regrets :P

Hey, your scenario is due to you being bad at price is right, mine is due to faulty moderating, BACK OF THE LINE!

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Before we get lost in celebrations and recriminations...

This is just my opinion but I think Brazil is the MVP of this game. He dealt with a hell of a lot of scum and cult pressure and was still thinking straight right until he was unceremoniously killed before CONFIRMED TOWN Fantomas.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Also FB was alone against the world when nobody wanted to get near a pineapple pizza but always keep it cool instead of fucking up the game, that is very remarkable
I felt so bad about not giving him the pizza on N6 because I thought that would've been his last shot at it, but town needed him in the game to pad out the numbers after the cult reveal.

But hey, here we are hahaha

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oh man now everyone gets to enjoy a drunk StanleyPalmtree rant in the spec thread. \o/

Before we get lost in celebrations and recriminations...

This is just my opinion but I think Brazil is the MVP of this game. He dealt with a hell of a lot of scum and cult pressure and was still thinking straight right until he was unceremoniously killed before CONFIRMED TOWN Fantomas.
+1 on this.

Sorry we thought you and your brother were Scum. :<

OP
OP
The Bear

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
MAFIERA MAFIA MVP AWARDS – THE VOTE

That's right! We are having a MVP Awards vote for this game!

RULES

This is not a popularity contest. Think about who you think played the game best, put in most work and tried hardest to help their side to win. It doesn't matter what faction won in the end, but the overall player performance.

In order to make your vote count, submit to me next format via PM:

1. Player X
2. Player Y
3. Player Z

First on your list will receive three points, second will receive two points, and third will receive one point.

You can vote any player who played in this game, and didn't replace out during the early day phases. So anyone except those who subbed out. You cannot self-vote.

Who can vote?
All players, including everyone who subbed out.
All people who were in the spectator chat.
All people in the modchat.

The Top 5 will be revealed after vote ends. The Top 3 will receive prizes from me!

The Vote Ends In:
u9m3tqvh3y

Quoting for new page.

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
Came across that "kill before recruit" part in the cult/spec thread and I agree that was quite the game changer. Fanto as cult probably gets me killed instead of Flux and Kyan.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017

Your "opening post" after you died on Outer is spectacular. I mean it lays the game out almost fully.

You have a lynch order that has 2 cult then 3 scum. You were on top of everything and you had to die for it.

I'm pretty sure about Flux and Sorian, and my suggestion is that we get those two out of the way since we don't know how many players are in the cult. Even scum needs to chip in here. My suggestion of lynch order would be:

Flux > Sorian > LP > Monkey > Natiko > Blarg

People can go read the full thing.
Doctor Who This Ain't - Spectator Thread

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Congrats, everyone. This was a very fun game to watch, seeing each faction thinking they were the weakest one and struggling to survive. At least once I thought each faction was going to win this game.

On Flux's recruitment and Sorian's death, to my knowledge (and I wasn't following all of the game's actions from behind the scenes, I was more of a spectator like the people in the spec chat and providing support or learning things when needed) Grizz was just following the priority list that came from the reviewing process.
Yes, that list was incorrect as Flux shouldn't have been recruited, but that means this game's reviewers, Hecht and Royal_Flush, should also be held accountable.

So please don't put all the blame on the gamerunner because that's a little unfair.

I hope that at the end of the day, everyone managed to have their fun with MafiEra \o/

OP
OP
The Bear

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
That said, the order of the actions re: commuter and recruitment was bit of a special case in general.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
GOD FUCKING DAMMIT ALL OF MY PARANOIA WAS RIGHT I FUCKING SAID IT AS MUCH PLENTY OF FUCKING TIMES MONKEY AND NATIKO POCKETED THE FUCK OUT OF ME FUCK BOTH OF YOU TO FUCKING FOREVER AND BACK IM NEVER PLAYING WITH YOU FUCK YOU
Don't be like that - trust me this betrayal feels bad, but plenty of us have been there. Monkey and I have to live with Town Hooker. This was our redemption (mostly Monkey's). You'll get yours.

Fantomas, I know it's no consolation (I've been where you are and it sucks), the cult reveal gave me a big cover to hide under so I could shift gears into legit hunting. If it hadn't been for the cult reveal, y'all would have probably destroyed us.
Yeah, it's pretty clear in the scum thread as I crunched numbers that I thought we had literally no chance until the game got split into three factions instead of two.

Ceecee was town, who saw that coming?
🤔
Me, the scummy guy you had every right to be skeptical of. Sorry to you and rac for being an ass at times. It was generally just faux outrage since that's what (legitimately) happens to me as town. I'm hoping to keep a cooler head in future games where I'm town and translate that back to my scum game as well.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Stan's shift from RAAAAAAAAAGE to "let me talk about dnd and this Upside Down drink" is amazing. I'm crying.

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fantomas said:
"Hi my name is Ketkat. My favorite things are town reading people defending me, scum reading people scum reading me, being worried about the claimed Town Vigilante, and only responding in a defensive manner while barely doing any scum hunting myself. I'm Town though."

Harsh.

To be completely honest about all of this, my Day 1 was largely intentional. I did just want to be a little less serious this game and a tiny bit in the spotlight so that scum wouldn't nightkill me and I could use my role some, but real life stuff got in the way and kind of has been that way ever since, but I just wasn't able to make any convincing arguments that were going to satisfy either of you. I did try my best to look for scum in all of that, but it's a little hard when the majority of the thread wants you dead for not solving things the right way on Day 2 of all days. I've always been extra bad at early game in general, and I've never really been in the spot like that before. So, it was largely a mixture of panicking/defeatism and lack of time because holy crap this game was full of a LOT of meaty posts to read through and keep in mind.

I probably shouldn't have tried a weird gambit like that, and I probably shouldn't have claimed at the time I did, but lessons for the future!

-------------

I actually don't think this game was balanced wrong. There might have been 1 too many scum, but I don't think the existence of the cult was a bad thing really. For the cult to make it all the way to Day 6 or so without anyone in the game even being aware that they exist, while actively recruiting people, is just good play on their side while also a little bit of poor play from Town with all of the roleclaims that were giving them cover from scum. I mean, town believed Sorian's claim even after cult were revealed to exist! The flux thing is a little strange though, as that does seem to imply that there wasn't any way to stop someone from being recruited at all. But, that seems like a decent counter to the commuter role in general?

While I wasn't in it for very long, that was a really fun game to play in and watch and I really did enjoy the modifiers! Thanks for hosting this for us Grizzly!

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
The cult was for me a wild ride. I had no idea and it changed EVERYTHING for me. I was nervous and terrible and hated everything but it was also really fun at that point, very energizing.

I have a confession, though:
I really liked the post limited day but I knew I couldn't drop my volume or people would suspect me.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Me, the scummy guy you had every right to be skeptical of. Sorry to you and rac for being an ass at times. It was generally just faux outrage since that's what (legitimately) happens to me as town. I'm hoping to keep a cooler head in future games where I'm town and translate that back to my scum game as well.
Meh no biggie. It's a game.

Damn lp, I tried to bait the bait the no on me by claiming doc lol.

Nati - yea I was skeptical of you after seeing how you townread me and looking over our interactions.

Monkey - I was a lil skepitical after the wishy washy post in the fando vs brazil lynch

I didnt bother to go deeper in either case though. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Oct 25, 2017
Harsh.

To be completely honest about all of this, my Day 1 was largely intentional. I did just want to be a little less serious this game and a tiny bit in the spotlight so that scum wouldn't nightkill me and I could use my role some, but real life stuff got in the way and kind of has been that way ever since, but I just wasn't able to make any convincing arguments that were going to satisfy either of you. I did try my best to look for scum in all of that, but it's a little hard when the majority of the thread wants you dead for not solving things the right way on Day 2 of all days. I've always been extra bad at early game in general, and I've never really been in the spot like that before. So, it was largely a mixture of panicking/defeatism and lack of time because holy crap this game was full of a LOT of meaty posts to read through and keep in mind.

I probably shouldn't have tried a weird gambit like that, and I probably shouldn't have claimed at the time I did, but lessons for the future!

Yeah, my early game was really rough too except without it being intentional. I'm honestly glad I blew up when I did.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I second what Faddy said about Brazil. That pre-typed post he came on with to spec chat when he died was literally the strongest post I've ever read summing up a game.

Congrats, everyone. This was a very fun game to watch, seeing each faction thinking they were the weakest one and struggling to survive. At least once I thought each faction was going to win this game.

On Flux's recruitment and Sorian's death, to my knowledge (and I wasn't following all of the game's actions from behind the scenes, I was more of a spectator like the people in the spec chat and providing support or learning things when needed) Grizz was just following the priority list that came from the reviewing process.
Yes, that list was incorrect as Flux shouldn't have been recruited, but that means this game's reviewers, Hecht and Royal_Flush, should also be held accountable.

So please don't put all the blame on the gamerunner because that's a little unfair.

I hope that at the end of the day, everyone managed to have their fun with MafiEra \o/

The priority list is 100% right, the issue, and now I'm confused on if we've been teaching mods wrong this whole time, is that kills are not an action modifier, they do not stop later actions and Hecht definitely knows this because MGS mafia literally hinged on this.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
NO BUT ACTUALLY FUCK BOTH MONKEY AND NATIKO WHAT THE FUCK STOP THAT SHIT FUCK YOU BOTH FOR JUST SITTING THERE AGREEING WITH ME ALL THE FUCKING TIME I FUCKING KNEW IT GO READ MY FUCKING MASON CHAT YOU TWO ARE SO MUCH BETTER AT THIS GAME THEN ME THERE WAS NO REASON FOR YOU TWO TO BE AGREEING WITH ME SO MUCH I FUCKING KNEW IT FUCK BOTH OF YOU

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I SHOULD HAVE LYNCHED MONKEY FOR CALLING ME A WEATHERVANE ON D1 SCUMMIEST COMMENT IVE EVER SEEN FROM SOMEONE WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT ABOUT

saenima

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This was my first experience with a Mafia game and it was pretty damn fun. Really loved watching it and i hope to be able to play it with y'all one day.

Also, was rooting for Fireblend to get his pizza so i'm happy.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
NO BUT ACTUALLY FUCK BOTH MONKEY AND NATIKO WHAT THE FUCK STOP THAT SHIT FUCK YOU BOTH FOR JUST SITTING THERE AGREEING WITH ME ALL THE FUCKING TIME I FUCKING KNEW IT GO READ MY FUCKING MASON CHAT YOU TWO ARE SO MUCH BETTER AT THIS GAME THEN ME THERE WAS NO REASON FOR YOU TWO TO BE AGREEING WITH ME SO MUCH I FUCKING KNEW IT FUCK BOTH OF YOU
We actually had lots of reasons to agree with you the last couple phases. You nailed the cult with us :P

OceanicAir

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The cult was for me a wild ride. I had no idea and it changed EVERYTHING for me. I was nervous and terrible and hated everything but it was also really fun at that point, very energizing.

I have a confession, though:
I really liked the post limited day but I knew I couldn't drop my volume or people would suspect me.
I must say I was laughing up a storm about people fretting on the post restriction day. In Royal's Gods game we had a modifier of 10 posts lol.

Mega posts, mega posts everywhere

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Gonna have to play less standoffish in the future. I feel like people were ready to lynch me for being a possible neutral from D1.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Side note: Fanto using the Mason chat as a journaling place and addressing every update to cabot had me absolutely dying.

It was Dear Mr Henshaw, Mafia version.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

No, don't apologize, it was just really funny to me, especially when you kept talking to cabot. (But hey, I did tell you he might be reading.) And honestly, we've always kind of allowed that. Some people have even requested private boards on OM where they can write down their private thoughts about games.

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
This was my first experience with a Mafia game and it was pretty damn fun. Really loved watching it and i hope to be able to play it with y'all one day.

Also, was rooting for Fireblend to get his pizza so i'm happy.
<3

Hell of a shot.

Fireblend's shot was all sorts of messed up, too. Almost cost him his own win condition, and sent the whole game into chaos. Basically made cult lose, too. It ensured your victory in the end, though, so it was pretty good.
I went through so much during the hours following Sneeks' flip lol I really wrote that fact sheet in a fit of madness.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Fireblend learned a valuable lesson that day, maybe stay home and relax when you're a neutral instead of kickin hornet's nests