• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
The Bear

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
Kyaaaaaaaa!
Kyaaaaa!
Kyaa?
Kyaaaa :(
Kyaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaa
Kyaaaa
Kyaaa..
Kya?
Kya :(

Kyanrute has been removed from the game!

You have been summoned by the great Mafia Time Machine to protect the integrity and history of the games this community has played over the years. But honestly you don't care about that battle. What you do care about is reviewing games, and making sure they are correctly balanced and fair. Alas, it seems many bastard games have been played in the past, and what's worse is that people seem to like them! That simply cannot do, so you and your fellow game reviewers have decided to spread the joy of balance and fairness!

You are Hecht the Game Reviewer which means Neutral Cult Member

Cult can recruit more cult members during night phase with command RECRUIT: Player. If recruitment is successful, the targeted player becomes part of the Game Reviewers Cult.

However, Recruitment is a limited shot power, and the cult starts with zero shots. Choosing certain Phase Modifiers for new day/night phases may give cult more recruitment shots. If a modifier gives you a recruitment shot, you may use it at earliest the next night phase. Any cult member can do the recruiting, but only one can do it during the night phase.

The Cult has a secret chat in Outer Mafia

You start the game with next fellow cult member(s):
Sorian

You are aligned with The Game Reviewers, which means NEUTRAL

You win, if the Cult consists of 50% or more of the alive players, and if all potential threats to the Cult have been eliminated.

Game Thread is here: https://www.resetera.com/threads/mafiera-mafia-ot-the-day-of-the-blargonauts.91092/

Please confirm you have received this role PM by either replying to it, or posting in the game thread that you have received it

The Game Reviewers Cult has been defeated!

Wait for the next post.

OP
OP
The Bear

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
Night 8 Begins

You may now vote for the next game modifier in the game thread.

Rule Reminder:
Your votes are made in this thread. Same voting rules apply as during day phases.
You may not post anything else in this thread during night phase but votes.
There are no majority rules. In case of a tie, modifier that received votes first wins.
You may change your vote as many times as you want. You are also allowed to unvote regularly.

The vote ends two hours before day begins. Night actions are also due two hours before day begins.

You may vote these modifiers:
Archer
NX
Disney Princess
Pineapple Pizza
Dark Souls
Heroes vs Villains
Power Rangers

Day 9 Begins in
3yyhe2irss

Still Alive:
1. [m] Fantomas - CST
4. [m] Blargonaut - GMT-3
10. [m] Fireblend - GMT-6
13. m]Lone_Prodigy
14. [m] rac - GMT-5
15. [m] Natiko - GMT-5
21. [f] Dr. Monkey - GMT-5
22. [m] CeeCee - GMT

Day Night 8 Begins

OP
OP
The Bear

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
OP
OP
The Bear

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
HOLD IT

I'm posting multiple posts. I'll lock the thread momentarily until they are all out.

Day Night 8 Ends

Last edited:
OP
OP
The Bear

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
DAY 9 MODIFIER RULES

Pineapple Pizza Mafia
Season 8 Game
Gamerunner: Sophia

Special Rules

Fireblend, the Pineapple Pizza Lover, wins the game!

What are you doing here, in this great battle over the Mafia Time Machine? You just love Pineapple Pizza, and don't care about the outcome of this battle. Oh Pineapple Pizza… you keep hoping of finding any semblance of it…

You are Sophia the Pineapple Pizza Lover which means Neutral Pineapple Pizza Lover

Your mission is to get the Phase Modifier Pineapple Pizza Mafia chosen at all costs. If it is chosen, you exit the game as a winner.

You are aligned with Pineapple Pizza, which means NEUTRAL

You win, once Pineapple Pizza day modifier is chosen. If another faction wins before it is chosen, or if you die before-hand, you fail to meet your win condition, and lose the game.

Game Thread is here: https://www.resetera.com/threads/mafiera-mafia-ot-the-day-of-the-blargonauts.91092/

Please confirm you have received this role PM by either replying to it, or posting in the game thread that you have received it

There are no other rules, because the game is ending…

OP
OP
The Bear

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
The remaining Blargonauts gathered around… Blargonaut.

"No…", said Blargonaut, "you cannot kill me! You are… me!"

"Yes, you are The Blargonaut… but that doesn't mean you are with us…"

The Blargonauts took out their blades… And Blargonaut opened his mouth to utter his last words:

" BELIEVE it or not, Blarg is not in his room, pls
Leave a message, (don't) PM me
But if you have died, thanks for calling it off
I'm so sorry~
BELIEVE it or not, wasn't me"

Blargonaut has been removed from the game!

You have been summoned by the great Mafia Time Machine to protect the integrity and history of the games this community has played over the years. It seems that a malicious force is out to disrupt the harmony and results of games past and future, and it is your duty to stop them.

You are Fantomas the Townie, which means Ordinary.

You do not have any special powers, but you can VOTE.

You are aligned with The Community, which means TOWN

You win when all threats to Town have been eliminated!

Then the Blargonauts moved onwards, and faced Fantomas…

79Lshp2.gif

Fantomas has been removed from the game!

You have been summoned by the great Mafia Time Machine to protect the integrity and history of the games this community has played over the years. It seems that a malicious force is out to disrupt the harmony and results of games past and future, and it is your duty to stop them.

You are Verelios the Mason, which means Town Mason.

You have a secret mason chat in Outer Mafia with your Mason Friend. You can use the chat at any time of day or night phase. You know, that your mason buddy cabot is TOWN.

The Mason Chat is here: https://www.outermafia.com/index.php?forums/380/

Then rac…

lIaTTvx.gif

rac has been removed from the game!

You are Terraforce the Townie, which means Ordinary.

You do not have any special powers, but you can VOTE.

And lastly, CeeCee…

CeeCee has been removed from the game!

You are Geno the Vigilante, which means Town 1-shot Vigilante.

During a day phase, you can send a command SHOOT: Player to kill someone. This is a 1-shot power, so you can only shoot once. Please also remember, that this is not a public command, but must be sent to the Game Moderator (me) privately.

Please confirm you have received this role PM by either replying to it, or posting in the game thread that you have received it[/highlight][/highlight]

The Blargonauts looked at each other in the sea of bodies. They had won… and the time machine was no theirs! It was time to rewrite history forever!

The Blargonauts, Natiko, Dr. Monkey, Lone_Prodigy, Pirate Bae, Faddy and turmoil7 have won the game!

Blargonauts and the Neutral Pizza Lover have won the game!

---

DAY INFINITY MODIFIER RULES

Blargonaut Mafia
Season Blargonaut Game
Gamerunner: Blargonaut

Special Rules

Blargonauts rule all land! And they win all games!

MVP Awards! Make your vote count!
OP
OP
The Bear

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
MAFIERA MAFIA MVP AWARDS – THE VOTE

That's right! We are having a MVP Awards vote for this game!

RULES

This is not a popularity contest. Think about who you think played the game best, put in most work and tried hardest to help their side to win. It doesn't matter what faction won in the end, but the overall player performance.

In order to make your vote count, submit to me next format via PM:

1. Player X
2. Player Y
3. Player Z

First on your list will receive three points, second will receive two points, and third will receive one point.

You can vote any player who played in this game, and didn't replace out during the early day phases. So anyone except those who subbed out. You cannot self-vote.

Who can vote?
All players, including everyone who subbed out.
All people who were in the spectator chat.
All people in the modchat.

The Top 5 will be revealed after vote ends. The Top 3 will receive prizes from me!

The Vote Ends In:
u9m3tqvh3y

OP
OP
The Bear

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
Lastly:

I hope everyone had at least some fun with the game. I know I had fun hosting it, and I hope it brought joy to the players.

I have some apologies to make. I screwed up with the game balance, and made the scum team too large compared to other factions, especially with Cult existing in the game.

I also screwed up by making part of the design where cult could recruit commuter even though they were commuting.

I'm sure there were other issues as well. I hope I get to hear constructive criticism of the game. I've been balling around the idea of Modifiers for a while, and I hope to use it in the future again. Let's have a good conversation about it.

Thank you for the game! And now go and vote in MVP Awards Vote!

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
FEBE GOT HIS PIZZA!

p.s. Fanto, please don't hate me.
p.p.s. rac lowkey called us tf out there for a minute.
p.p.p.s. I have never sweated so much. I feel like I haven't breathed out in over a week.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I am never playing with either Dr. Monkey or Sorian ever the fuck again.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Game boards are now open on Outer Mafia.

On a personal note, I want to say thanks again to Grizzly for taking this silly game idea I had an running with it.

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Monkey, Natiko and LP were impressive, it was an uphill battle most of the middle game after our early fuck ups, congrats guys

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
wine-cheers.jpg

It was hard fought, but what a way to get my first neutral win (I won that one time in Console Wars but I was a late replacement, doesn't count). Who knew my wincon would turn into "eliminate an entire faction" :P

I'm sorry cult. I never intended for everything that happened after the Sawneeks lynch to happen.

I'll be here waiting for my honorary scum t-shirt.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
KILLING SOMEONE DOES NOT CAUSE THEIR ACTION TO BE ROLEBLOCKED REGARDLESS OF WHEN THEIR ACTION OCCURS IN THE ORDER OF OPERATIONS

I will tell this from the rooftops forever. I want to watch the game where Fantomas was cult that last day phase.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
GOD FUCKING DAMMIT ALL OF MY PARANOIA WAS RIGHT I FUCKING SAID IT AS MUCH PLENTY OF FUCKING TIMES MONKEY AND NATIKO POCKETED THE FUCK OUT OF ME FUCK BOTH OF YOU TO FUCKING FOREVER AND BACK IM NEVER PLAYING WITH YOU FUCK YOU

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Fantomas, I know it's no consolation (I've been where you are and it sucks), the cult reveal gave me a big cover to hide under so I could shift gears into legit hunting. If it hadn't been for the cult reveal, y'all would have probably destroyed us.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
GG Scum, you guys played well at the end here. Big props to LP, Monkey, and Nat for surviving losing 3 buddies and still pulling this all off. Excellent stuff.

Fantomas and rac take this betrayal from Monkey/Nat as fuel to rise and become stronger than them. One day you may be able to backstab them.

First off

Congrats Febe, you deserved that damned pizza
he did deserve the pizza...

Fireblend I still hate you tho >:(

thought i was gonna be able to survive my first day as cult but nooooo, someone had to be trigger happy.

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Also FB was alone against the world when nobody wanted to get near a pineapple pizza but always keep it cool instead of fucking up the game, that is very remarkable