• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Looking forward to hearing what Fandorin has to say. 'Cause at this point, I'd be fine with getting this day phase done with by lynching him asap before someone pulls something. There's enough of a push to do so right from the start from people who are either confirmed town or who are leaning towards it.
With a modifier active that may help town communicate, why would you want to cut that time short by rushing the day?

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
I apologize for getting fuck all done tonight - I'll fit in the follow-ups I have planned when I'm at work tomorrow. Just wanted to throw out my two cents on some of the Fandorin talk. I'm not as sold on the turmoil-Fandorin connection having just done a reread of turmoil over the night phase. I feel like I saw a couple people (Fant and Saw maybe?) talking about Fandorin's D2 end and how it was concerning but I feel like the arguments lacked context. When Fandorin voted Bae it was prior to Fran announcing he wasn't going to override. With that in mind, it would make sense for Fandorin to vote on the person he most scum reads that Fran has mentioned potentially lynching. Ketkat was not under consideration by Fran at the time, so I don't actually think there's much of a contradiction there. Am I missing something?

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
P.S. There being a Mafia Backup in turmoil7 likely indicates there's one fuckton of a scum PR out there to warrant the seatbelt, or else something that threatens a standard scum team so much

Maybe it was the multiple Overrides as the flip side of this balancing act but who knows, I certainly don't. Do you?

ok I'm really going now cya later

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Anyway, I want to talk about Fandorin with someone and also with Fandorin.
Hi, I also enjoy talking about Fandorin.

Did you know Faddy wanted people to vote Fandorin on Day 1? It's true!

Not that it matter much, but I wonder if any of the pairs were scum and scum. Or would that be purposely avoided
Depends on how Grizzly went about making the boats. If it was through RNG then it's whatever the RNG gods decide.

I apologize for getting fuck all done tonight - I'll fit in the follow-ups I have planned when I'm at work tomorrow. Just wanted to throw out my two cents on some of the Fandorin talk. I'm not as sold on the turmoil-Fandorin connection having just done a reread of turmoil over the night phase. I feel like I saw a couple people (Fant and Saw maybe?) talking about Fandorin's D2 end and how it was concerning but I feel like the arguments lacked context. When Fandorin voted Bae it was prior to Fran announcing he wasn't going to override. With that in mind, it would make sense for Fandorin to vote on the person he most scum reads that Fran has mentioned potentially lynching. Ketkat was not under consideration by Fran at the time, so I don't actually think there's much of a contradiction there. Am I missing something?
Wasn't me. I'm more focused on turmoil and Fandorin, less so his Day End for the last phase.
Maybe the entire scum team are backups
source.gif

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
Kyanrute why didn't you vote last phase? You were around

Yeah, I feel like Kyan is slipping under the radar pretty hard here. That no vote on Day 2 is suspect as fuck

I was debating whom of the two to vote for and the choice was taken away from me. There was a ~4 minute period between 10 and 6 minutes to deadline when I went to Google the difference between a Vanilla Cop and a Neapolitan. Found it, thought about it, came back, saw the new votes on the board, calculated them and realized that it now was an unbeatable majority. And as a final insult to injury, Fran then overrides. I did not consider it to be good manners to post a meaningless (= a vote that would not have affected the lynch) vote given that an override is just a hint away from Bear calling a day end.

Would the situation have been somewhat different, I would've voted for Flux, the reasoning towards that should be seen in my posts. Overall, I was more convinced by turmoil's manners and the way he went about it all. There was a single slip up there that should've made me think twice: the fact that turmoil did not iirc explain why he outed Flux like that. Alas, that fact did feel as bad to me at the time as Flux's indignant response to turmoil did. And finally, I still feel Flux did not help his case too much.

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
assuming no more clowns pls

please disprove fanto if you are real cabbo mason no clowny games again

Just for purposes of clown avoidance, crumbs seem somewhat convincing. No counter soft-confirms.

OP
OP
The Bear

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 3 VOTES ====
Day Start

fandorin (2 votes)
sawneeks - #2,964
thechuggernaut - #3,097

faddy (2 votes)
fantomas - #2,985
fluxwavez - #2,996

ezekelrage (1 votes)
blargonaut - #3,152

pirate bae (1 votes)
dr. monkey - #3,142

malus (1 votes)
brazil - #3,017

ceecee (1 votes)
ezekelrage - #2,961

zubz (0 votes)
blargonaut - #3,105 #3,152

lone_prodigy (0 votes)
dr. monkey - #3,114 #3,142

Post Counts:
blargonaut: 31 fantomas: 28 fran: 20 dr. monkey: 17 sorian: 15 sawneeks: 14 thechuggernaut: 14 fluxwavez: 13 brazil: 11 faddy: 9 rac: 8 natiko: 6 ezekelrage: 4 pirate bae: 3 kyanrute: 3 absolutbro: 3 grizzly: 2 fireblend: 2 ketkat: 1 ceecee: 1

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
Fran is kk I guess. Double meanie backup sounds nuts, especially when one of the would be universal / town-attached.

I was wrong about Flux. He plays differently that I'd expect people to play. With turmoil's flip, day two end does not feel scum v scum. Thread has suggested that scum targeted Flux on N1 and that's where turmoil's posts at day start and his claim came from. Some sort of a "no result" in response to commuter having a higher priority? Possible, but it bothers me how open turmoil was about this, should this be the case, at day start. Still, this being turmoil's fail-safe makes more sense than a mad guess / desperate role fishing. Why not both, I guess?

Need to re-read just how much of a reversal Bae's "Ketkat is a townie" was to judge how much town cred to put there. There is some, at least. Other things in mind, driving a bus is fun. And D2 was a fuckshit of a clownshow, so I imagine meanies tossed votes away too for lulz early. And what I little parsed the posts of the day so far, Faddy has some hints of caught scum in him.

Laters.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
I really don't like this vote. malus has been nothing but a stand-up albeit intermittent good reader and has provided nothing but patience and insight thus far. I don't like this.
I appreciate the compliment, but end of D2 really wasn't my brightest moment.

For now Fran is 99% cleared: He really had the override he claimed to have and I doubt mafia has a mafia backup and a town backup.
Fantomas is 99% cleared as well: Since there's been no counter claim so far I don't see a reason to doubt he's really the mason buddy.

Flux is 90% cleared: I don't see how scum could have orchestrated a fake conversation that well with all the chaos going on. As someone already pointed out, it would have been much easier for Flux to simply confirm Turmoils claim if they didn't want any of the two to get lynched.

I think I want to hear more from Pirate Bae, but I consider her town as well after D2: Faking a green check seems kind of risky especially this early in the game.
KetKat is tied to Pirate Bae in this, but I lean a bit more town here than on Bae: I think it would make sense for scum to fake a green check on a suspected town player to be able to say "told you so!" on a flip.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Hey before I go here's a little teaser; FluxWaveZ, how do you feel about having been called out by malus Yesterday for self-voting thereby taking a non-committal stance on the entire Day's proceedings to the point of him wielding his one-and-only vote against you, when I did the exact same thing and didn't get any heat for it at all and contributed far less than you had? Kinda unfair, don't you think? Why do you think malus is avoiding me? Hi malus
I did think about that yesterday, but I didn't call it out. I think someone else had expressed the same sentiment without mentioning you, too.

Could be because it's what they expect from you, while they don't particularly know how I go about things.

But I don't know what you're talking about. malus' vote was put on Pirate Bae and before my self-vote, not on me.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
With a modifier active that may help town communicate, why would you want to cut that time short by rushing the day?
Fine, that'd be the only reason. But I figure that, if scum is discovered, priority should be to just take them out. Before someone gets shot out in the open or overridden or something.

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Well, I've been at my flight's gate for like an hour and a half and finally took the time to read through today with peace and calm.

I want to see where the faddy and fandorin pushes go. Both are pretty well substantiated. Beyond that, Malus, kyan and rac I want to keep an eye on, in that order. I'm still not willing to let go of my Brazil townread, but it's usefulness is starting to wane.

Either way I feel like we're in a really good place. Also, Blarg has said nothing on our chat so far. I feel neglected :(

I'm boarding soon so see you guys possibly tonight/tomorrow.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I appreciate the compliment, but end of D2 really wasn't my brightest moment.

For now Fran is 99% cleared: He really had the override he claimed to have and I doubt mafia has a mafia backup and a town backup.
Fantomas is 99% cleared as well: Since there's been no counter claim so far I don't see a reason to doubt he's really the mason buddy.

Flux is 90% cleared: I don't see how scum could have orchestrated a fake conversation that well with all the chaos going on. As someone already pointed out, it would have been much easier for Flux to simply confirm Turmoils claim if they didn't want any of the two to get lynched.

I think I want to hear more from Pirate Bae, but I consider her town as well after D2: Faking a green check seems kind of risky especially this early in the game.
KetKat is tied to Pirate Bae in this, but I lean a bit more town here than on Bae: I think it would make sense for scum to fake a green check on a suspected town player to be able to say "told you so!" on a flip.
This is great, but who do you think is Scum?

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe scum killed cabot to help cover up Zubz's slip, huh

Your other stuff is wildly out there but this one actually holds water. I don't think the slip is so much scum knowing the modifiers though and more that most were were passing Zubz' comment as not making sense. cabot is a less weird kill than Geno but he still isn't an amazing choice and I feel like his had to do with his General town read from everyone and something else, that something else probably being his suspicion on someone.

Not that it matter much, but I wonder if any of the pairs were scum and scum. Or would that be purposely avoided

I don't think these were RNG'd (Monkey and I, Brazil and Fandorin? Come on now). But these feel like meme pairings that a spec chat would have chosen or something over actual gamerunner choices so I don't think anything is disqualifying scum from being paired with scum.

How much backup could a backup backup if a backup could back up?

Have you commented yet on if you can shoot today?

——-

I didn't feel like quoting the entire post on mobile but I do find the entire Fandorin theory from Monkey compelling. I've said this in our boat already but my hangup on all this I don't think our brothers are both scum and I think Brazil is likelier out of the two. Brazil was pushing hard on Flux over turmoil all the way through. Being wrong isn't a scum tell but in the situation where people's votes couldn't move and we had enough of a counter claim that one of the two was definitely scum, campaigning for one over the other so hard feels desperate. It would be easy to say that only buys one more day for turmoil if Flux flips but is counter hat Flux is playing a wildly inefficient game (wanting to turbo early today?) so the hope could have been that he was lying to get turmoil lynched and if Flux had by some grace actually flipped vanilla and the whole commuter thing was a gambit then suddenly turmoil survives longer.

That said, I didn't grab Natiko's post but I do want to call out for heavily reducing Monkey's point. Yes, Fandorin wanted to vote within Fran's list of people but a lot of Monkey's point has to do with how Fandorin structured his list and gave his reads and less with his final vote.

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
Your other stuff is wildly out there but this one actually holds water. I don't think the slip is so much scum knowing the modifiers though and more that most were were passing Zubz' comment as not making sense. cabot is a less weird kill than Geno but he still isn't an amazing choice and I feel like his had to do with his General town read from everyone and something else, that something else probably being his suspicion on someone. [...]
"Someone"? What a placeholder

You are more dismissive of this circumstantial evidence than I like, Sorian

What's your team; you, EzubzRAGE, Brazil and absolutbro? You kill Geno because it was practically untraceable? Or was Geno on to "someone" too?

You'd love to remind me who Geno scumread again

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sorian I already fessed up to only having one shot yesterday.

Huh, I thought you just said you couldn't shoot yesterday and just left that open past that.

I wish Dr. Monkey had corrected me in our chat when I was curious what you'd say today :V

"Someone"? What a placeholder

You are more dismissive of this circumstantial evidence than I like, Sorian

What's your team; you, EzubzRAGE, Brazil and absolutbro? You kill Geno because it was practically untraceable? Or was Geno on to "someone" too?

You'd love to remind me who Geno scumread again

No one else acknowledged Zubz's comment apart from cabot. Nobody

I like how you call it dismissive when I agree with you. What I dismiss is that scum knew what the modifier would do.

Also yeah, I think you're right on that second point but it's also because Flux did it first and most people just commented on that one. cabot just happened to use a post towards Zubz as well.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
I recommend you get a handle on the game before you start throwing shade at people, Flux is town.
*shrug* on mobile so can't be bothered to post gif. But the shrug is the playful Kanye shrug. Not to be dismissive.

town or not, still reads as fake concern.

Why is flux clear? Anything concrete or just a read?

Will help as I reread. I only had Fran and fan as clear town.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Why is flux clear? Anything concrete or just a read?

Will help as I reread. I only had Fran and fan as clear town.
He was part of the mess at the end of D2 with Turmoil. He's a claimed Town Commuter, and there's almost no way to see those two as being Scum vs. Scum, unless you're Blarg and see Scum Gambits around every corner.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
oh yea think that was brought up earlier today.

Na, a clear like flux has doesn't warrant the Teflon status Sorian has given flux in response to me seeing it as fake concern.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Your other stuff is wildly out there but this one actually holds water. I don't think the slip is so much scum knowing the modifiers though and more that most were were passing Zubz' comment as not making sense. cabot is a less weird kill than Geno but he still isn't an amazing choice and I feel like his had to do with his General town read from everyone and something else, that something else probably being his suspicion on someone.

I don't think these were RNG'd (Monkey and I, Brazil and Fandorin? Come on now). But these feel like meme pairings that a spec chat would have chosen or something over actual gamerunner choices so I don't think anything is disqualifying scum from being paired with scum.

Have you commented yet on if you can shoot today?

——-

I didn't feel like quoting the entire post on mobile but I do find the entire Fandorin theory from Monkey compelling. I've said this in our boat already but my hangup on all this I don't think our brothers are both scum and I think Brazil is likelier out of the two. Brazil was pushing hard on Flux over turmoil all the way through. Being wrong isn't a scum tell but in the situation where people's votes couldn't move and we had enough of a counter claim that one of the two was definitely scum, campaigning for one over the other so hard feels desperate. It would be easy to say that only buys one more day for turmoil if Flux flips but is counter hat Flux is playing a wildly inefficient game (wanting to turbo early today?) so the hope could have been that he was lying to get turmoil lynched and if Flux had by some grace actually flipped vanilla and the whole commuter thing was a gambit then suddenly turmoil survives longer.

That said, I didn't grab Natiko's post but I do want to call out for heavily reducing Monkey's point. Yes, Fandorin wanted to vote within Fran's list of people but a lot of Monkey's point has to do with how Fandorin structured his list and gave his reads and less with his final vote.
I wasn't addressing the entirety of her posts - I just had remembered Fran's list and realized the people mentioning Fand's Bae vote hadn't really addressed that aspect as far as I could remember at least.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
So only confirmed town are Fran and fant correct?
I would say I am technically the only one who has earned the right to wear the badge, but yeah Fran is pretty much Confirmed due to the Override he obtained from Stan through his role, he hit Scum with it, and the Scum team has their own version of his role, so balancing wise, yeah Fran's Town.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
But what about the rest? The vote is a small part and kind of whatever.

Hi, I also enjoy talking about Fandorin.
Good, do you have more to add?
Cabbo instead of various claimants? Unorthodox.
I would think yesterday was probably seen as the best time to get rid of a top town read, with claims in the air.
No one else acknowledged Zubz's comment apart from cabot. Nobody
???? Several people commented.

I would say I am technically the only one who has earned the right to wear the badge, but yeah Fran is pretty much Confirmed due to the Override he obtained from Stan through his role, he hit Scum with it, and the Scum team has their own version of his role, so balancing wise, yeah Fran's Town.
Uh, mechanically, Fran is confirmed, considering turmoil's flip, even before considering what Fran did with turmoil. There are people who haven't yet posted who could potentially counterclaim you. I think you're town and the mason due to cabot's breadcrumbs, but let's not start outgrowing thy britches here.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't addressing the entirety of her posts - I just had remembered Fran's list and realized the people mentioning Fand's Bae vote hadn't really addressed that aspect as far as I could remember at least.
Do you wanna address the entirety of my post?

Fanto did. Sawneeks nodded in their general direction. But I want more!

malus

Oct 30, 2017
This is great, but who do you think is Scum?
I have a hard time scum reading anyone right now. Those that were suspicious to me (Pirate Bae, Flux, Turmoil, KetKat) are either semi confirmed town or dead scum.
The one I feel worst about would probably be rac. His vote switching seems kind of strange considering he even acknowledged that votes get locked in in a previous post.
Faddy seems very defensive today and I get a bad feeling about that. He kind of reminds me of Brexit.

If Lone_Prodigy doesn't post soon, I'd also put some suspicion there. His predecessors also didn't really provide much insight.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
We wil never be able to make a read from the Kawl/Nin/LP spot, right?

I have a hard time scum reading anyone right now. Those that were suspicious to me (Pirate Bae, Flux, Turmoil, KetKat) are either semi confirmed town or dead scum.
The one I feel worst about would probably be rac. His vote switching seems kind of strange considering he even acknowledged that votes get locked in in a previous post.
Faddy seems very defensive today and I get a bad feeling about that. He kind of reminds me of Brexit.

If Lone_Prodigy doesn't post soon, I'd also put some suspicion there. His predecessors also didn't really provide much insight.

And this post is so weak. How do you feel about Fando and Brazil?