• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
he did do a deep pull for that fake claim which I'll either give credit to him or a scummate for.
I noted this to Cabot as well in Mason Chat. I'm not going to lie, I actually said I thought you could be the kind of person to give a fake claim like that to a scum mate. But that's just a tinfoil hat theory about you, I do think it is possible it was fed to him though.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Duh, of course he was lying about the 1-shot thing. I understand that I thought he was lying about the whole thing but if you believe the commuting than the number of shots or how it works should not matter to you, it's always a lie because your job in that role is to feint a kill from scum.

I saw it as him trying to come up with a power role to discredit Turmoil rather him actually being a commuter. Like he knew he was outed as not VT and did not know what PR he should claim.

claiming commuter also allowed him to call Turmoil a liar. The idea of him being a PR but untargetable was a bit on the nose and felt made up.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
And what made that less believable than Turmoil who came forward with literally a Scum role.
for the record, Neopolitan is listed on mafia wiki as either alignment. I concur any kind of role check is usually used here as more a scum modifier and it definitely feels like it would be scummy in this game if he had been telling the truth but it's not "literally a scum role."

not that it matters, but Teacher Monkey Brings Facts.

Flux was cagey but for good reason if he's a town PR. I'm not sure why, after turmoil's flip, that would be seen as suspicious at all. Faddy dying on this hill instead of just saying "my bad" feels weirder than just holding this position in the first place tbh. Like I could understand with all the claims flying around yesterday. Brazil in particular really stands out there. But I'm not sure what to make of his doggedness. Flux was so vehement about the lie first and then the claim that it felt natural for a commuter trying to preserve his status. Better than Chugg's claim, tbh.

I will say right now that I'm only half reading tho because cooking.

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
Turmoil must have yolo'd that read since presumably a role cop wouldn't have worked either. It was a pretty ballsy mood that could have got himself trapped if Flux was vanilla.
My guess is scum has a weak cop of some sort. Given that Turmoil was a universal backup for scum, we can guess that some of them have active powers. Turmoil was just going off whatever they put in scum chat.

Scum should have fake names. That's standard for cosplay games. I don't think there is much to gain there.
There is always something to gain, because there is always the chance that scum will go off script. It has happened plenty of times. (See: Disney Princesses)

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I noted this to Cabot as well in Mason Chat. I'm not going to lie, I actually said I thought you could be the kind of person to give a fake claim like that to a scum mate. But that's just a tinfoil hat theory about you, I do think it is possible it was fed to him though.

I would love to act up my mafia know it all-ness but when he claimed that with no explanation, I had to look it up because I didn't believe that was a role. I know Grizzly has been making games longer than me though so I just rolled with it.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Whew, it does feel good to be Confirmed Town doesn't it?

Pirate Bae, what are your thoughts on Blargonaut's thoughts about Life is Strange?
nobody asked me but the strength of LIS is that sometimes "good" decisions lead to bad results and that's a great life lesson and so I will die on the hill that is this game and everyone is welcome to fight me but y'all fuckers better bring your A game

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
[QUOTE="Fantomas, post: 16835815, member: 4193"
KetKat – Please forgive me. <3[/QUOTE]

Wellll, I guess I have to since you're the other mason. But, I've got my eye on you!

For real, I don't really blame people for scum reading me before, so it's okay.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My guess is scum has a weak cop of some sort. Given that Turmoil was a universal backup for scum, we can guess that some of them have active powers. Turmoil was just going off whatever they put in scum chat.

There is always something to gain, because there is always the chance that scum will go off script. It has happened plenty of times. (See: Disney Princesses)

I mean, no one could have gotten a read on Flux N1, he was untargetable, so that was just a pure guess on turmoil/scum team's part.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Flux was cagey but for good reason if he's a town PR. I'm not sure why, after turmoil's flip, that would be seen as suspicious at all. Faddy dying on this hill instead of just saying "my bad" feels weirder than just holding this position in the first place tbh. Like I could understand with all the claims flying around yesterday. Brazil in particular really stands out there. But I'm not sure what to make of his doggedness. Flux was so vehement about the lie first and then the claim that it felt natural for a commuter trying to preserve his status. Better than Chugg's claim, tbh.
Yeah, I agree with all this. Brazil does stick out, but honestly I'm more concerned about Faddy right now.
It's a fair opinion.
I was so surprised lol!
See: Me in Conspiracy. I came up with that fake claim on my own, Fran should remember that since I totally ignored the fake ones he gave us lol.
nobody asked me but the strength of LIS is that sometimes "good" decisions lead to bad results and that's a great life lesson and so I will die on the hill that is this game and everyone is welcome to fight me but y'all fuckers better bring your A game
I love you too.
The vote was 4-3 at the time. I find it hard to believe that scum would bus a partner at that time with yesterday modifier.
Agreed here, definitely not seeing Chuggs as a bus vote there, but I'm not really an expert on spotting them. I'll say as well that I agree with Sorian though that the final ones that poured in at the end should be worthy of suspicion.
Wellll, I guess I have to since you're the other mason. But, I've got my eye on you!

For real, I don't really blame people for scum reading me before, so it's okay.
Yeah, me and Cabot were kind of feeding each other's paranoia about you a bit. Maybe don't read that chat after the game lol.

Oct 25, 2017
So here's how I feel about who's left.

Fanto- I have no reason not to believe him after that Cabot flip.

Zeke- Wasn't super sure about Zubz, but the Turmoil vote makes me feel better about this slot.

Brazil- I see the arguments for him, but I don't see scum Turmoil avoiding voting for him as leader if that was the case.

Blarg- No idea.

Pirate Bae- No reason not to believe this right now. Probably worth looking into if we go a few days with nothing.

Fran- Wasn't super sure about him for a bit there after he took back the override, but I'm feeling really good about Fran after how yesterday played out.

Sorian- Leaning town here. My opinion hasn't really changed. He wanted to lynch Flux first, but I see where he was coming from and I don't think wanting to kill Flux at that moment is the scummiest thing. He might be worth looking into depending on how Faddy flips though because I don't know if I buy no scum being on that Flux vote

Fireblend- Has some weird connections to Turmoil that have been voted, but he was the third person to place a vote for Turmoil so I feel okay about him.

Flux- I don't think the end of day 2 makes any sense as a scum/scum. He's probably good.

LP- I dunno

rac- I don't know if switching the vote is a scum tell. I feel like scum would of talked about that in the scum chat. I would rather not kill rac today.

Natiko- If there was a scum bus on Turmoil, I think it's from those last three votes. Natiko had Turmoil on his scum list previously though, and while I don't think that clears him, I think he's the least likely to be scum in those 3 votes.

Malus- Oh boy, that Pirate Bae vote was weird. I do not feel very good about Malus right now.

Ketkat- If Pirate Bae is telling the truth, Ketkat is good.

Fandorian- Yeahhhhh, there's some pretty suspect stuff going down here. I agree with my boat friend's read here.

Kyanrute- I don't know if I feel great about him either. Also no vote on day 2 is weird

Dr. Monkey and Neeks- I'll just do these 2 at the same time. These 2 could of been bussing that Turmoil vote at the end there also. I feel a bit better about Neeks then Monkey, but I'm still town reading them at this moment.

Ceecee- People have made some good points about him today, but I still have a town lean here.

Faddy- Agree with Fanto's point. His EoD felt pretty scummy.

AB- I feel pretty alright here after his posts during EoD.

So out of these Malus, Kyan, Fandorian, and Faddy are who I would want to lynch from today.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Town
  1. Fran (hammer on scum yesterday, plus the fact that he had Stanley's override, pretty much confirming he is a backup, and we lynched the scum backup)
  2. Fantomas (I believe those breadcrumbs)
Pretty Much Town
  1. Pirate Bae (if we take her at her word regarding Ketkat, and right now it doesn't seem fruitful to be overly suspicious about that)
  2. Ketkat (because of Pirate Bae. Also because of what I thought myself)
Those I think Should be Lynched Today
  1. Faddy (I've had doubts regarding him all game, and how D2 went down with him basically downplaying turmoil and talking mess about my role makes it very suspect)
  2. CeeCee (Initially wanted him lynched, cooled off after thinking about how D1 went down, but now would like to see the flip again. Very bad vibes here.)
  3. Fandorin (It's basically what Sawneeks said, plus his reads list. So I'm scum and so is KetKat, two players who were basically low hanging fruit for a lynch until now. He was leaning town on turmoil (lol), was leaning scum on Pirate Bae, and has Faddy as "town" (lol x 2).)

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, just going back over some of Cabot's thoughts about EoD. He wasn't around to see it happen at the time so he caught up on it overnight. Just wanted to point out some things he said, especially ones that differ from things I've already said.

His first thoughts were that Fandorin and Malus seemed like good possible Scum candidates. He liked Brazil's point about the people who were against Ketkat's lynch because it was too easy, especially because Turmoil was one of them.

As I said, he really didn't like the post from Faddy about how a Commuter works, thinks Faddy would know better and was trying to protect an asset.

He was uncertain on Sawneeks, thought Sorian looked a little more suspect, felt good about Monkey though.

Was worried about what Scum might have for powers because having Masons and a Cop on one side is powerful.

Was still Null on Blarg, thought his ending post was useful but his reads on me and Fran were not good.

He pointed out that Turmoil's role could change the way Scum would have tried to bus in general.

Made a note that a Godfather is possible in this game, but that he does think Ketkat is almost certainly Town because of Brazil's theory about the lynch defenders.

He waffled around on where he landed on Flux. Ultimately he does think he's Town though.

He agreed with the guesses that Love Boat would be us getting to select two people to lynch.

And then... he never came back...

giphy.gif

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
This is dumb.

I'm re-evaluating things after Fantomas became town.

I see the scum team in here.

I think Brazil is very scummy for his day end. I don't see why I am the one getting all the heat for it. Brazil did the exact thing we didn't want with the shot. Instead of doing his own thing he basically went for the most virtuous play, trying to evaluate all his options then land on Terra who had a broad number of scum reads.

Sawneeks feels like scumneeks. I said this yesterday but I felt there was a lot of projection onto Fantomas and her vote today on Fandorin doesn't feel like it is justified at all.

Then a couple in the group of people I have no read on. AB, L_P, Kyan, Zeke (Zubz)

There isn't really much to say. Kyan was pro lynching Flux. Zeke opening up with a vote on CeeCee is a strange thing to do and feels very forced. Absolut Bro I just have no read on. And L_P is nothing.

Then lighter scum reads is one in like Blarg, Monkey, Fandorin who I am probably just wrong on.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This is dumb.

I'm re-evaluating things after Fantomas became town.

I see the scum team in here.

I think Brazil is very scummy for his day end. I don't see why I am the one getting all the heat for it. Brazil did the exact thing we didn't want with the shot. Instead of doing his own thing he basically went for the most virtuous play, trying to evaluate all his options then land on Terra who had a broad number of scum reads.

Sawneeks feels like scumneeks. I said this yesterday but I felt there was a lot of projection onto Fantomas and her vote today on Fandorin doesn't feel like it is justified at all.

Then a couple in the group of people I have no read on. AB, L_P, Kyan, Zeke (Zubz)

There isn't really much to say. Kyan was pro lynching Flux. Zeke opening up with a vote on CeeCee is a strange thing to do and feels very forced. Absolut Bro I just have no read on. And L_P is nothing.

Then lighter scum reads is one in like Blarg, Monkey, Fandorin who I am probably just wrong on.

Brazil didn't quite do the same thing. You argued mechanics/role claims and he more argued the read of the player. But yeah, I'm aware. I already said this to monkey but since it's not really anything that needs hiding. I think Brazil came out smelling worse than you. I do have one thing though that I don't like about how you argued that I'm holding back because it won't matter unless a specific scum role flips.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
What are your thoughts on AB during that EoD though, he was quite active there.

Zubz was adamant about scum reading Turmoil and dropped one of the first couple votes on him. But you don't have a read on Zubz?

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
I can only imagine Fran's grin when that flip happened

You have no idea.

Also I loled with a lot of the reactions when I said I wouldn't use the override. I thought that someone would call my bluff and noone did. Some of the reactions seemed really forced like AB or Rac with a slight shade.

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
I've had this in my queue since it came out, even gifted it to a complete stranger on /b ages ago. Might be time to play.
I mean, no one could have gotten a read on Flux N1, he was untargetable, so that was just a pure guess on turmoil/scum team's part.
I don't know why, but I assumed Flux lied about commuting N1. You're right, it would have to be a blind guess if he did.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
What are your thoughts on AB during that EoD though, he was quite active there.

Zubz was adamant about scum reading Turmoil and dropped one of the first couple votes on him. But you don't have a read on Zubz?

Zubz voted I think before Fran announced he was not going to override so the move to bus a teammate doesn't really matter if you don't think the vote is going to count. wait scratch that it was just afterwards and sheeping Fran's vote. I guess it is wifom if mafia don't think they can save Turmoil they just bus. Why did Turmoil vote for Zubz instead of Flux?

AB voting for Fran? If he is scum he knows Turmoil is going to claim and perhaps putting pressure on Fran to lynch elsewhere.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
wait scratch that it was just afterwards and sheeping Fran's vote. I guess it is wifom if mafia don't think they can save Turmoil they just bus. Why did Turmoil vote for Zubz instead of Flux?
Zubz said a while ago on D2 that they were scum reading Turmoil. Fran comes in and goes "Hey guys, not gunna override lolololol vote: turmoil7".

Zubz sees that and then votes for their scum read.

Why did Turmoil vote for Zubz? Probably just reacted to it immediately, I guess that's how it read to me, panic vote maybe.
No, not what I was talking about. Go back and reread AB during EoD and then tell me what you think.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Zubz said a while ago on D2 that they were scum reading Turmoil. Fran comes in and goes "Hey guys, not gunna override lolololol vote: turmoil7".

Zubz sees that and then votes for their scum read.

Why did Turmoil vote for Zubz? Probably just reacted to it immediately, I guess that's how it read to me, panic vote maybe.

No, not what I was talking about. Go back and reread AB during EoD and then tell me what you think.

I don't think much of it tbh. AB was obsessed with the vote count mainly and Rac's vote.

These posts are the only interesting ones.

Turmoil is leading and AB is pushing for more people to vote. I did a similar thing as mafia. I don't think he gets twn credit here.

Guys not being ordinary doesn't make him scum. There is no reason for an actual town vanilla cop to out another player like this, it's insanely anti-town.

This is his best post. But we can be pretty sure that scum bussed Turmoil. This is the first time he really puts a marker down one way or another. Before that he was still very much on the fence.

Totally fair. Literally after I anger voted I said "well shit" out loud. I should have voted Turmoil or Flux

The main case against AB is that he was riding it out for as long as he could. Then decided to move against Turmoil when it looked more likely than not he would die.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Not all roles need to actually target players though, different mechanisms can exist. Not that it matters since Turmoil was lying but it seemed pretty obvious from the way he was talking that Flux was not vanilla and Turmoil was right.

Turmoil must have yolo'd that read since presumably a role cop wouldn't have worked either. It was a pretty ballsy mood that could have got himself trapped if Flux was vanilla.
Not really trapped - it was actually a fairly smart move by turmoil since if Flux agrees with the claim then it may save turmoil, if he denies it then the lynch may fall on Flux. It was only due to being untargetable that the plan fell apart.

To explain the Fandorin vote some more (and to answer Sorian) I'm quoting my big ISO of turmoil from the last Phase.

Was wrong about the conclusion but Turmoil spends a lot of time being self conscious of Fandorin and their connection to each other. At one point he even says, quote,

and why would Scum be worried of a runaway effect for a Townie? :thinkingemoji:
My read of the same exchanges took it the other direction. What do you think of turmoil trying to indirectly dredge up support for a Fireblend vote?

if everyone thinks i would be that fucking dumb as scum i deserve to get lynched
So you're just enjoying being dumb town instead?

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The main case against AB is that he was riding it out for as long as he could. Then decided to move against Turmoil when it looked more likely than not he would die.
AB was literally the first person to call out turmoil for the anti-town nature of his claim. Does that make sense for something scum to do to a mate right after the claim?

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Hey guy. I'm boarding a plane in a few hours so I won't be able to participate a whole lot until I land in like 20 hours. Sorry for that and to Blarg as well. I'll do my best to come back online asap.

That said, I'm so damn happy my biggest scum read turned out to be right. How's that observation on the people that voted for Brazil vs Stan looking now, Sawneeks ? :P

A note about Turmoil. Brazil posted his list mentioning Turmoil in post #1223. Turmoil voted for Stan in post #1269.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Turmoil is leading and AB is pushing for more people to vote. I did a similar thing as mafia. I don't think he gets twn credit here.
One point I would make is that he did follow that up by being mad at Rac for attempting to tie the vote, reads to me like he was wanting Turmoil to gain the lead.

Also that last post came before the other ones that you are quoting.

The progression I see is this:

Starting at #2814, he points out something that makes Turmoil look bad for his claim that he just made.

From there, he responds to Sorian and says yeah, should have voted for either Turmoil or Flux. This is a cross-post with Flux's response to Turmoil's claim, where he told him he was lying.

Then he makes the post calling for votes.

Then he makes the post calling out the anti-Town move from Turmoil with that claim.

Then he gets frustrated at Rac for trying to tie the vote by voting for Flux. Certainly didn't seem happy with a vote for Flux there.

Then he throws more shade at Turmoil while people are still hemming and hawing about where those final votes will go, though in the same post he does agree with Natiko that it doesn't have to be a Scum role, but he does call it weak.

Then the final votes rolled in.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know, to me it reads Town, I don't see him bussing Turmoil with that progression there. He was pretty adamant about thinking he was Scum in this spot. Never once made a post about Flux being Scum there.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
AB was literally the first person to call out turmoil for the anti-town nature of his claim. Does that make sense for something scum to do to a mate right after the claim?

Fran already voted for Turmoil. Even if he won the vote there was a decent chance Fran would have used his override anyway.

rac

Oct 25, 2017
can anyone explain to me why scum wouldn't just bus turmoil?
if flux gets lynched and turns up town turmoil is still looking bad

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The biggest issue is that he threw shade at turmoil without actually voting him. I pointed it out at that time that he should have voted for someone who was in the running and from the progression, I feel like this is a case where the modifier got on the way and not scum trying to fence sit. I also think that says nothing about his alignment. I think he would have bussed if he could have if he's scum.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
His role would be the point I would make. He was the Mafia Backup and he died without ever getting to take on someone else's role. Not exactly the best one for them to lose first.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

They very well could have. Delaying the lynch at least one day would have been the best case if anything since turmoil was dying either yesterday or today regardless but the day end was also very messy in terms of how the claims came in, Flux being a hostile witness, the post count pressure, the stuck votes, Fran doing this thing, etc. etc

It was great in terms of, I don't think scum could have coordinated well just from the sheer amount of bullshit going on.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
His role would be the point I would make. He was the Mafia Backup and he died without ever getting to take on someone else's role. Not exactly the best one for them to lose first.
Meh, it just means there are active roles still alive and doing their thing, and hiding better than he did.

Done with stuff now. Gonna read back a bit.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, it's essentially like a goon died. I don't think his role is that pertinent.

Once I find time I'm going to look back over day end and the handful of players I feel have some connection with turmoil.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, pocketing townies is a thing, I just don't know if turmoil's play was nuanced enough for that (though he did do a deep pull for that fake claim which I'll either give credit to him or a scummate for.
It is possible but I don't think turmoil's play comes across like that. It also doesn't alleviate the fact that he didn't want to push Fandorin 'too hard'.

He was uncertain on Sawneeks, thought Sorian looked a little more suspect, felt good about Monkey though.
Did he say anything more on that Sorian read? If anything I thought he came out of that looking more Townie, not less.

What more justification do you want? And what happened to, 'well you are reevaluating your reads so townie points for you!'?

RIP cabot. I miss Include :(

I can only imagine Fran's grin when that flip happened.

XjaK4Xt.jpg
Fran used his override on a Player that had locked-in votes and couldn't have been knocked out of the running. Fran using the Override then doesn't mean a dang thing.

I do think Fran is Town, highly doubt Scum have 2 back-ups.

Not really trapped - it was actually a fairly smart move by turmoil since if Flux agrees with the claim then it may save turmoil, if he denies it then the lynch may fall on Flux. It was only due to being untargetable that the plan fell apart.

My read of the same exchanges took it the other direction. What do you think of turmoil trying to indirectly dredge up support for a Fireblend vote?
Dunno, honestly. I think it would depend on what Fandorin is. If Fandorin is Town I could see Febe being Town and Turmoil just stuck to promoting Townies as hard as he could.

Hey guy. I'm boarding a plane in a few hours so I won't be able to participate a whole lot until I land in like 20 hours. Sorry for that and to Blarg as well. I'll do my best to come back online asap.

That said, I'm so damn happy my biggest scum read turned out to be right. How's that observation on the people that voted for Brazil vs Stan looking now, Sawneeks ? :P
Okay, okay - you deserve that one. :p

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
I think scum targeted Flux with something on N1, and that's why turmoil felt safe enough to take a gamble on a claim that relied on Flux not being vanilla.

Brazil pleading people to vote for Flux even when he had a scum read on Turmoil
Both Flux and turmoil were in my initial kill list from D1, and both were also on my shortlist of 4 biggest suspicions that I posted on late D2.

Brazil in particular really stands out there. But I'm not sure what to make of his doggedness. Flux was so vehement about the lie first and then the claim that it felt natural for a commuter trying to preserve his status. Better than Chugg's claim, tbh.
When I made my last post, Flux hadn't even admitted that he was a PR yet, much less that he was a commuter. He was being super dodgy at a time when any firm, information-backed counterclaim from Flux would've guaranteed a scum lynch. Thankfully he actually revealed all of his info in time.

I don't think much of it tbh. AB was obsessed with the vote count mainly and Rac's vote.

These posts are the only interesting ones.

This is his best post. But we can be pretty sure that scum bussed Turmoil. This is the first time he really puts a marker down one way or another. Before that he was still very much on the fence.

While reading the thread, absolutbro was the one who convinced me that lynching turmoil was the right choice. He was actively pointing out what was wrong with the claim and making a convincing case for why the people who were still holding on to their votes should lynch turmoil.

It's possible that absolutbro bussed turmoil, yes. But if that's the case, he didn't just slide into the bus while it was already moving; he turned on the ignition in the terminal's garage. Making a case for absolutbro being the busser before looking at stuff at like those last three votes is super weird.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
Fran used his override on a Player that had locked-in votes and couldn't have been knocked out of the running. Fran using the Override then doesn't mean a dang thing.

I do think Fran is Town, highly doubt Scum have 2 back-ups.

Do you understand how an override works? It doesn't matter the votes as I could decide who was lynched. Even if Turmoil was only one vote away from majority it wouldn't have mattered.

Besides that I had Turmoil as scum since the beggining of D2 and I was pushing for his lynch all day. I was even the first one who voted him.