• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
The Bear

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY NIGHT 2 VOTES ====
Day Start - Day End

heroes vs villains (9 votes)
brazil - #2,919
fandorin - #2,926
sorian - #2,927
faddy - #2,932
absolutbro - #2,933
malus - #2,934
fran - #2,938
lone_prodigy - #2,942
ketkat - #2,945

love boat (9 votes)
fluxwavez - #2,920
sawneeks - #2,923
natiko - #2,928
dr. monkey - #2,929
thechuggernaut - #2,930
cabot - #2,935
fantomas - #2,939
fireblend - #2,940
ceecee - #2,941

rng (2 votes)
blargonaut - #2,925
kyanrute - #2,947

disney princess (1 votes)
rac - #2,918

bar 2 (1 votes)
pirate bae - #2,922

Post Counts:
grizzly: 7 pirate bae: 2 thechuggernaut: 2 ketkat: 1 brazil: 1 ceecee: 1 dr. monkey: 1 cabot: 1 fandorin: 1 rac: 1 lone_prodigy: 1 fluxwavez: 1 sorian: 1 fantomas: 1 fireblend: 1 faddy: 1 kyanrute: 1 absolutbro: 1 sawneeks: 1 blargonaut: 1 fran: 1 malus: 1 natiko: 1

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Welcome, travelers! You're about to take a magical journey through the Tunnel of Love! For your own safety, please keep your hands, arms, feet and legs inside the ride at all times, and please watch your children.
We are currently in the process of loading our boats up over on Outer Mafia. If you have any trouble, please contact Grizzly, Rover or RetroMG. If you find yourself assigned to multiple boats please do not access the thread, and contact a ride administrator right away!

Thanks, and have a great trip through the Tunnel of Love!

Day 3 Begins || Modifier Rules
OP
OP
The Bear

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
Day isn't starting yet, but announcing modifier in advance...

06-og.jpg

DAY 3 MODIFIER RULES

Love Boat Mafia
Season 5 Game
Gamerunner: Grizzly

Special Rules:

Today everyone are paired up into neighbor pairs for the next day and night phase.

Every pair has their own special boat-chat in Outer Mafia. You may use the boat-chat to discuss with your pair. Please note that general rules apply to these chats as well.

That said, these pairs are neighbors, not lovers. Only one person will die at a time.

Please keep in mind that these chats can contain any combinations of alignments.

The pairs are public information - they will be announced when day phase begins.

Normal voting and posting rules are at place.

Last edited:
OP
OP
The Bear

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
In the midst of thrusting waves of the lovely sea, cabot's body was found floating… he was as dead as a dead person could be. Sadness was felt, as everyone poured their drinks to honor the scotsman.

It was now time... time to continue the hunt for Blargonauts, even in this lovely set of circumstances!

cabot has been removed from the game!

You have been summoned by the great Mafia Time Machine to protect the integrity and history of the games this community has played over the years. It seems that a malicious force is out to disrupt the harmony and results of games past and future, and it is your duty to stop them.

You are Include the Mason, which means Town Mason.

You have a secret mason chat in Outer Mafia with your Mason Friend. You can use the chat at any time of day or night phase. You know, that your mason buddy [REDACTED] is TOWN.

You are aligned with The Community, which means TOWN

The Mason Chat is here: [REDACTED]

You win when all threats to Town have been eliminated!

Game Thread is here: https://www.resetera.com/threads/mafiera-mafia-ot-the-day-of-the-blargonauts.91092/

Please confirm you have received this role PM by either replying to it, or posting in the game thread that you have received it

Day 3 Begins

LOVE BOAT MAFIA Day Phase Modifier is in place!
Please read the special rules above this post!

Majority is 12

Day 3 ends in:
44bxxjjoq5

OP
OP
The Bear

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
The Love Boat pairs are:

1. Fandorin & Brazil
2. EzekelRAGE & Lone Prodigy
3. Blargonaut & Fireblend
4. Sawneeks & TheChuggernaut
5. Sorian & Dr. Monkey
6. FluxWaveZ & AbsolutBro
7. Fantomas & rac
8. CeeCee & malus
9. Pirate Bae & Fran
10. Faddy & Natiko
11. KetKat & Kyanrute

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, I was going to post a read list but instead it's claim time!!! HI IM MISTER CONFIRMED TOWN, CABOT'S MASON PARTNER!!!

Here's his bread crumbs:
Can we vote the void left by ShadowSwordmaster?

We can trust in the void.
I quite like Fanto. He's the Bill to my Ted.

giphy.gif

Admittedly he tends to agree with a lot of my thoughts. It's probably an ego thing.
don't kill fanto please.

that's directed at people who can take day shots.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
RIP Cabot. Only one death again is a good sign, guess they were scared of protection? Also, yay boats! Sorian guess you weren't completely right lol

Pretyped:

I wanted to go through and at least do a review of turmoil's posts and any connections I could draw from them.

Fandorin voted early for Fireblend(I ackonoledge it was most likely a joke vote) but later didn't list him on among the people he would elect. What's your take on Fireblend right now?

I am leaning town on Fireblend myself and may consider voting for him.
This is the first post that caught my eye, it reads like turmoil is hoping to drum up some more support for Fireblend votes.

Well, it's hard to describe but his post just feel right to me and he said he could support fandorin, who I like too but don't want to create a runaway fandorin effect
More support for Fireblend, but at the same time trying to dissuade Fandorin votes. At this time Fan's vote is still on Fireblend.

I'm doubting between putting Fireblend on the race or giving my vote to Fandorin now that his momentum seems to have cooled down.

hmph

VOTE:Fandorin

Although I feel unwary of him receiving support from so many players, I don't keep a list but IIRC many said they were okay with him, fireblend and cabot come to mind, monkey's vote too before she switched to Stan, there were more.

I like Stan, I could see me voting for him, I don't think I will vote for Cabot
And ultimately turmoil gives up on trying to push for Fireblend and stashes his vote on Fandorin after concluding that he had already lost support. Fan had also moved his vote off of Fire at this point (Enough has already been said on turmoil's lies about how "out of control" the Fan votes were).

Fantomas I've got the feeling of it being a little unfair comparison to put my middle of d1 me on this game against the n1 me of Brexit. For those who didn't play/spec Brexit, we got scum on D1 there and I was one of the breaking votes for getting the scum player lynched. Your easy town read was pure luck, I could have chosen to lynch coolest over ET and would had been your top scum on n1.

This said, I thought you were saying this from a place of dishonesty, but then realized maybe it's me being self conscious

Remind me again why are you supporting Bae? The most I remember of you saying about her is that both are friends and LiS fans

You know what, let's see where that goes

VOTE:Pirate Bae

As for reads I'm leaning town on malus and ketkat because it feels like they are easy targets, scum on rac and zubz.
Then we see another swap to Pirate Bae voting wise. He ultimately moves the vote to Stan with no real explanation - of course I believe that final vote swap was to try and avoid Brazil who was considering turmoil as a target. The main conclusion from this series of posts is the odd support for Fireblend so early, trying to drum up votes without being overt enough to cast his own vote there. Then once that option drys up his vote suddenly becomes a lot more free flowing.

It then takes me to my second (and third) note - his read on malus and Ketkat as town and then his read on rac and zubz as scum.

Brazil Fran Fantomas cabot

On my malus and ket town reads, I feel they rng and majorities strategies weren't a motive to push them so much, they are not invalid and the way of winning isn't written on stone. Rac hasn't posted a lot, most of his posts are jokes, even his vote on geno reads as a joke, doesn't inspire confidence to me, on their part zubz doesn't seems to have strong commitments, that's why I keep an eye on them.
He groups both Ketkat and malus together - as if he wants them to fill a similar void to Ketkat. We know now that Ketkat is town from Bae, but at the time Ketkat was more widely scum read than Malus. It's a bit of an odd connection to draw. We also have a stronger push for rac with zubz just tossed in with lighter reasoning. More on that in a moment.

I'm not sure that's how this works. If I'm scum I first look who has suspicions on whom and try to fester the suspicions that are helpful for me. So I wouldn't want to be the first to scum read someone but rather kind of agree with someone else after they have made a scum read. Also an easy target to me is someone that is already heavily scum read, because you can just agree with everyone instead of having to come up with reasons for yourself.

Town

Fantomas: I like his effort so far and he has made some good points. Sometimes his reads seem a bit superficial, but we really don't have much information to work with, so I don't blame him for that.

Blarg: Sometimes I can see a bit of consciousness shine through the madness and it gives me hope. Seriously though he has made some good posts without provocation, while in GoT (where he was scum) he only backed down from his antics when he was an actual contender to be lynched for it.

Chuggs: I'm kind of meh on the role claim, but otherwise has made a solid impression so far.

CeeCee: With the new revelations on his role he could honestly fall on both sides for me. For now I'm more leaning town because I can't come up with a reason why scum would do that, but then that might also have been the plan all along.

KetKat: I'm always a bit suspicious if many people seem to scum read the same player, because if no one opposes the scum read it means scum is okay with it. On the other hand I guess scum wouldn't want to seem to be defending one of their own too vehemently.

Rac: Seems to be constantly catching up, so not much contribution today, but what he posted made me feel more like town than scum.

Turmoil: He hasn't contributed much today and what he said didn't give me much confidence.

Pirate Bae: This is mostly gut feeling. I feel like she's throwing some half baked shade around to see what sticks.

Scum

I feel like on day 1 with very little information, so this list is mostly based on just gut reading.

Do you think we should get rid of CeeCee?
As an aside - I wanted to point out Malus as the one other possible player that was trying to distance themselves from a Ketkat lynch. Four players did this, but Bae had reasoning and Flux is essentially cleared as town since scum v scum makes no sense with their argument at the end of D2. Turmoil did this and was scum, it's not a great point in malus's favor.

Im' on the keep ceecee alive camp

A game so big made me think naturally would be lots of kills on it. Some people said scum dayvigs happened before in the community, but although I haven't played on one of his games before bear has a fame for balanced games, and scum dayvig isn't a role I think a balanced game would have, feels bastardish

Also he will be leashed and if he is alive and telling the truth we will be able to do double day strategy as malus said
Fourth note - he was clearly on board with keeping CeeCee alive. Which I wouldn't strictly find interesting since scum might be apprehensive to push strongly against a role they know is town, but -

I see no reason to kill ceecee, I think he is likely town, the biggest pushes for killing him were from Geno and Fran, although I have more experience with Geno than Fran, I could see both town them doubling down on it for some reason. OTOH I have problems with Geno's reason, he goes "you never let them go(possible neutrals/scum)"(I don't recall the exact wording) when arguing with Sorian. That motive doesn't sit well with me, looks like pushing a revealed truth down our throats. Kind of forced. Makes me think Ceecee is town, he is scum and wants to kill a power who could swing the game towards town. Also, if he is so keen on best plays, why didn't he vote for Brazil or Stan? Town abdicating from voting gives more power to scum in taking the decision.
I do find it interesting how strong he pushes against Geno for wanting to kill CeeCee. We know Geno was killed N1, so this does stick out to me as a point of note. I don't think it's the strongest connection but it's something to keep in mind.

Currently I am going for

1. Geno 2. Zubz 3. rac

Rac continues playing very jokingly, I think scum wouldn't try to get attention to themselves when they could be shot, but then again, some joke post in this huge thread can be forgotten fast if people are engaged on other discussions.
Back to point three - I think this is really interesting because earlier we had the Zubz read playing second fiddle to rac, but now we have rac slipping behind zubz and Geno jumping all the way up to the front with no reasoning around Zubz still.

Can we agree to not place votes at least for the first 24hs(if possible, if real life calls then no problem)

On post #2054 fireblends kill list was Terra, Flux(PR hinted), me/turmoil, zubz

If flux is town I say we have to look at this

I don't want to lynch flux at least for this day phase, we can work with his hint claim in the future, if he is scum he can't claim vanilla anymore so with more info on the setup we could work his alignment.

I'm still processing Fran's claim, so you are the Overrider now?

2/30
I'm quoting this because here we do have an example of now distancing himself from Fireblend after the push D1 for leader that didn't go anywhere. Bit of a good point towards Fireblend now, but it's not impossible he wanted to try and correct for the push D1.

I tend to believe Bae

VOTE:zubz
This is the biggest thing that throws me off about my read on zubz and his connection to turmoil. It would have made more sense for turmoil to vote rac here or some such since we know that he was hoping to use Flux as cover for his claim. I really don't know what to make of this with that light. Need to think on it more.

This is probably the biggest point in Flux's favor as well. Once Flux didn't back up turmoil's claim he was glad to turn on him. If it was scum v scum then Flux would have just gone with turmoil on the claim.

Ultimately I do think this calls for examination of Zubz, malus, Fireblend, and maybe CeeCee. I haven't had time to do that yet and I have plans with my family so it'll be a bit before I can do rereads on those players as well. Back to mobile and I'll be busy for a bit

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
cabot's mason needs to claim immediately and also claim who your role name is, I know exactly who it should be and I'll call you on your shit for lying.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, here's where I am after that shit show of an ending to D2. I do not personally think there were any bus votes on Turmoil there, but I am not the best at spotting them so don't exactly take my word for it, but that's why I'm giving some Town reads here for people who were scum reading him hard and/or voted for him.

Surely Town:
Pirate Bae
KetKat – Please forgive me. <3
FluxWaveZ
Fran

Town:
Cabot – Top Town Read still honestly, nothing from Cabot makes me think he could be Scum here.
Natiko – Still another Top Town Read, plus he voted Turmoil.
Dr. Monkey – Top Town Read, very little non-hyper-paranoid reasons to be suspicious of her, and she voted Turmoil.
Sawneeks – She reads to me a lot like Monkey does, and also voted Turmoil.
Fireblend – Had Turmoil as a big scum read of his, wanted that flip, voted, and he got it.
TheChuggernaut – Sorry Chugg, D1 shit is officially behind us now, you made a Towny vote when it counted, and I like it.
Zubz Zeke – Hi Zeke! Town reading you because I was already leaning that way on Zubz and they also made it quite clear they wanted Turmoil dead.
CeeCee – Has his claim which I still think is more likely to be Town than not, also had Turmoil high on his Scum list.
AbsolutBro – Totally helped to take down Turmoil by calling out his claim as scummy and major bullshit, doesn't read to me like something Turmoil's teammate would do in that spot.

Town Leans:
Brazil – Still like his play overall, but it's a lean because he was on Flux there at the end.
Sorian – Same as for Brazil I guess, nothing overly concerning.
Kyanrute – See above I guess? Also just based on my reread of him from yesterday I still have good Towny thoughts about him.
Blargonaut – Feeling good about those thoughts he provided tbh, but I don't think I've ever seen Blarg that forthcoming? Either way, he's watched a full playthrough of Life is Strange and likes its aesthetic, I can't believe I now know this about him! Best question I could have asked!!

Scum Leans:
Rac – Not feeling the best about him anymore. That vote on me that he tried to change to Flux, I'm not sure how to read that but the whole situation is weird because he mentioned locked in votes when he voted for me, and then said he didn't know he could switch when he tried to vote for Flux over Turmoil.
*ADDENDUM* Rac is my Chat Partner for this modifier. We've talked a bit in there already, gave our thoughts on each other. He said his read on me was just a gut thing while he was ISOing me, doesn't really seem to feel strongly about it. We'll see how this evolves I suppose as we're already sharing other thoughts with each other in there, but for now I want to keep him here where I had him.
Lone_Prodigy -
giphy.gif
Scum Suspects:
Fandorin - Top Scum Read right now. Connections to be drawn with Turmoil based on Saw's ISO post. Voted for Pirate Bae in a really strange way. Post #2663 where he comes back and orders Fran's kill list, said he would want Ketket first, but then later votes for Pirate Bae after seeing Malus's stats. He sheeped Saw's read on me pretty hard there too to come up with something to say it seemed. His behavior during that EoD in general was quite concerning I'd say, and I want to see if Saw is on to something as well with those connections since it gives me info on her too. Would Saw bus Turmoil and then tell us to go after her teammate Fandorin next? I don't think so. Did an ISO on him overnight too and just generally wasn't a fan of what I found on D1, but that's D1.

Faddy - Was throwing out confusion and WIFOM during the whole shit show, trying to make Flux look bad and Turmoil look good. Posts #2836, #2846, #2874, and #2901 all give me reason to think he was trying to protect an asset for his team, their Backup. Thinks I was scum reading him because I mentioned I wasn't as sure on my Town read of him as others, post #2679, reads strangely defensive to me because I was not scum reading him at all. Now I am though, based on his actions during that shit show.

Malus - Stats thing, then dropping that vote on Pirate Bae and then saying "well, but actually, hmmm..." Also threw shade at Flux and told everyone to vote for him while the shit show was in progress, post #2820.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Obviously haven't read the whole thread. I did read the ceecee/Stan kill and a few osts that stick out. Most seem to have been touched upon.

1 the power is nai

2 chugs/Cabot/Sorian seems to come to cc's defense as well.

3meh, other than stan I'm sure most of it was fake outrage

======

Turmoil was for keeping cc alive

Hello all

Vote: CeeCee

Leaving that right here for now. Until catching up more.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
ZEKE ZEKE ZEKE HI It's like you were here all along.

1. Fandorin & Brazil
lol

Also me and Sorian are setting sail in the SS Paranoia. I feel like that was not RNG. :P

okay, that's kinda perfect, tbh

I have actual serious things to say but this is the worst time for day start for me so they'll wait a bit.

RIP cabot. I'm glad I was right to town read you at least. Sneeks, I see you, and for the first time in this game, I'm inclined to hard agree. More on that in a bit.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Thank you and yeah, I posted you need to claikm now without actually reading posts so you were faster than me anyway :P

Was going to quote your reads list and point out you probably need to keep in mind how many people were on Flux because they were just stuck there (though I'll be completely honest and say I would have stayed there regardless) but now that you're confirmed, it doesn't matter.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Also, to state the obvious, Flux and Fran are town. Bae and Ket are a step below just because Bae could be lying.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
Yesterday was a lot of fun, right?

Everyone who voted Turmoil is giving me town vibes.

And on the other side we have things like Rac breaking the rules voting, Brazil pleading people to vote for Flux even when he had a scum read on Turmoil and Faddy with this bullshit:

Just because he commutes doesn't necessarily mean Turmoil can't get a check on him depending on how Bear chooses to do things.

That's not how it works. A commuter is untargetable so if he is cummuting he doesn't give results.

I want to lynch one of those 3 today.

Sad that we lost Cabot and at least the first post that Fantomas posted seems like a breadcrumb so now I'm leaning town there.

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, I was going to post a read list but instead it's claim time!!! HI IM MISTER CONFIRMED TOWN, CABOT'S MASON PARTNER!!!

Here's his bread crumbs:
Well, once again I'm bad at this game.

cabot's mason needs to claim immediately and also claim who your role name is, I know exactly who it should be and I'll call you on your shit for lying.
So I'm taking it you're a name cop or something?

Ya know I really regret my anger vote for you. That was a pretty brilliant plan, that felt scummy right up until it worked as beautifully as it did. Question for you though: Are you still feeling bad about TheChuggernaut?

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
That's not how it works. A commuter is untargetable so if he is cummuting he doesn't give results.
Cabot pointed this out in Mason chat too, he was Scum reading that post hard.

For the record, Cabot had the exact same scum reads as me. We were bouncing stuff off each other in our chat constantly, obviously we were both on Ketkat all damn game, and then yeah we came to basically the same conclusions overnight.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017

Everyone who voted Turmoil is giving me town vibes.

And on the other side we have things like Rac breaking the rules voting, Brazil pleading people to vote for Flux even when he had a scum read on Turmoil and Faddy with this bullshit:

I want to lynch one of those 3 today.

Sad that we lost Cabot and at least the first post that Fantomas posted seems like a breadcrumb so now I'm leaning town there.

Not all roles need to actually target players though, different mechanisms can exist. Not that it matters since Turmoil was lying but it seemed pretty obvious from the way he was talking that Flux was not vanilla and Turmoil was right.

Turmoil must have yolo'd that read since presumably a role cop wouldn't have worked either. It was a pretty ballsy mood that could have got himself trapped if Flux was vanilla.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So I'm taking it you're a name cop or something?

No, I'm a mafia historian. There were only two correct answers there, Verelios if Bear wanted to go new school and RatsOffToYa if he wanted to go old school.

------

I agree with most of the sentiments above, Faddy and Brazil came out of that looking rough (Faddy more than Brazil). I am curious about that Fandorin vote Sawneeks . He didn't seem as bad as the others to me on first read and I can kind of see it now glancing back but why are you so sure.

I also want to point out, that vote was not close at all. The last couple people on the vote (Monkey, Natiko, and Sawneek) get no cred from me. Scum would bus there if they have any good sense at all.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
For the sake of transparency for anyone who might have investigated me on N2, I ran away again. I have limitations, but I'm not simply a one-shot Commuter. It's why I wanted to be vague about my role, until my "full" claim yesterday.

CeeCee, I want your role name. I don't care about any of that "hunter" stuff turmoil was talking about (I have doubts something like that's even in this game). But now that scum has been flipped, we know that they're all Blargonauts. So I want to hear who you are specifically.
That's a way to put it. But with you having come through in the end, and turmoil's flip, you're certainly town.
Not all roles need to actually target players though, different mechanisms can exist. Not that it matters since Turmoil was lying but it seemed pretty obvious from the way he was talking that Flux was not vanilla and Turmoil was right.

Turmoil must have yolo'd that read since presumably a role cop wouldn't have worked either. It was a pretty ballsy mood that could have got himself trapped if Flux was vanilla.
"Obvious from the way he was talking"? Even if I was vanilla, how would he possibly have known? I couldn't be targeted on N1. But that doesn't mean I have a power role. There's no reason to give any benefit of the doubt to turmoil after we've seen his flip.

And I think yesterday's events make you more suspicious.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
@CeeCee, I want your role name. I don't care about any of that "hunter" stuff turmoil was talking about (I have doubts something like that's even in this game). But now that scum has been flipped, we know that they're all Blargonauts. So I want to hear who you are specifically.

Scum should have fake names. That's standard for cosplay games. I don't think there is much to gain there.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

That role definitely needs to target the player directly, what are you talking about?

It doesn't matter. You were desperate to tie the vote. That's the scummy thing.

That's not scummy. There were 20 minutes left. I would have done the same thing to pull fence-sitters. It does read he didn't realize or forgot the rule so I can see the mindset.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
To explain the Fandorin vote some more (and to answer Sorian) I'm quoting my big ISO of turmoil from the last Phase.

Turmoil7:

I'd sum up turmoil's play so far as 'inoffensive'. He's just kind of here, not a lot of strong stances, not a lot of new ideas. His biggest 'wave' would be his opening post this Day Phase.

What is interesting is his early Day 1 play is, again, inoffensive. He does give reads but they just sort of flow out from him. #337 he doesn't like the 'I don't want to be elected' people but finds it hard to make that alignment indicative. However, would kill Flux over Fran because of this. Also says rac is flying low.

#292 likes Sorian/Natiko for having a similar Godking election idea. Would not vote for blarg because of blargspeak. #381 notes how Brazil votes for Fandorin and while he, turmoil, likes Fandorin it makes him wary. Notes how Brazil made a Flux vs Terra post but doesn't actually comment on the contents of it. Wouldn't vote Power Rangers ( :( )

#636 Leaning town on Febe. Asks Fando what his take is on him. #639 clarifies to cabot that he likes Febe because his posts 'feel right' and because Febe supports Fandorin who he also likes. Notes that he didn't vote Fandorin because he didn't want to create a 'runaway Fandorin effect'?

#1012 Likes Stan, wouldn't vote for cabot. Votes for Fandorin here because his momentum seemed to have slowed down. Seems very concerned about appearing to push Fandorin along. Mentions in #1059 that he was wary of Fandorin because he had a lot of support from players 'like cabot' but it just deflated. Doesn't know what to make of it. Yet he supports Fandorin with a vote?

#1151 Notes he is selfconscious this game. Jumps to Pirate Bae for some reason. Town leans on Malus and Ketkat because they are easy targets, scum reads on rac and zubz (who for some reason aren't easy targets?)

#1269 Describe the Bae vote as wanting to give more options outside of the available vote leaders of the time. It didn't work, making him suspect that maybe scum was satisfied with the leaders at the time. Consolidates vote to Stan. For the record the vote leaders at the time are: Stan (4 votes), Brazil (3 votes), cabot (2 votes), geno (2 votes), fandorin (2 votes). Why go for Stan if Scum was happy with this spread?

Author's Note: wanted to keep CeeCee alive. Was pretty confident in him being Town Vig.

The infamous PR post #2381. Expected Flux or Fran to die from PR hints, notes maybe scum were scared of a Doc. #2396 for some reason notes what Febe's kill list was (why Febe??) and says if Flux is Town to look at that post. Wouldn't want to lynch Flux because of his claim hint. Spend rest of phase defending this post.

Conclusion: Again, inoffensive. He is incredibly conscious of how his actions appear in the game and is acting with that in mind. Specifically not voting Fandorin when he was popular and leaving Fando when gaining some heat. For some reason he has a connection to Fandorin here and I don't understand it. His reasons for jumping to Bae seem half-hearted at best. Not many lines of questioning, just sort of posts what he thinks at times. I'm….actually unsure here. He REALLY likes Fandorin though but is very aware of not being too supportive of him. I don't know if I scum read him though and I can't place why that is. He really leaves me scratching my head. Wouldn't be against him being lynched though, just think he would be lower on my list..

Was wrong about the conclusion but Turmoil spends a lot of time being self conscious of Fandorin and their connection to each other. At one point he even says, quote,
Well, it's hard to describe but his post just feel right to me and he said he could support fandorin, who I like too but don't want to create a runaway fandorin effect

and why would Scum be worried of a runaway effect for a Townie? :thinkingemoji:

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Vote: Faddy

Faddy, I want you to explain all of those posts that I pointed out in my read list. What the hell were you on?

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
To be fair to Fran here, it's the same read I had about that vote from Rac. It did read like "Oh shit, I need to get a vote on Flux and make this more competitive". That's the biggest reason I had the Scum Lean on him going into today.

Where I go back and forth is the old "Wouldn't Scum be more cautious and know they couldn't swap their vote already?" So that's what gives me pause on it.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017

Faddy, I want you to explain all of those posts that I pointed out in my read list. What the hell were you on?

Wanting Flux dead.

He was clearly lieing and his 1 shot commute is obviously a lie as well. Even if he had a 1 shot commute he would never use it night 1. So he may be town and be an odd-night commuter or x shot but not what he said.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Wanting Flux dead.

He was clearly lieing and his 1 shot commute is obviously a lie as well. Even if he had a 1 shot commute he would never use it night 1. So he may be town and be an odd-night commuter or x shot but not what he said.
And what made that less believable than Turmoil who came forward with literally a Scum role.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Why don't we stop using this WIFOM crap? You could say the same about Turmoil's claim but he was scum anyway.
Fair, just explaining why it feels so weird to me. He even mentioned the locked votes when he voted for me in the first place, so the whole thing is trying to figure out what was going on in his head there.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
And what made that less believable than Turmoil who came forward with literally a Scum role.

Because it was clear to me that Flux was trying not to say what his role was and i had been scum reading him. I thought it was best to push the lynch there.

And obviously I wasn't saying this at the time but generaly it is better to not lynch information roles right away.

rac

Oct 25, 2017
if everyone thinks i would be that fucking dumb as scum i deserve to get lynched

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Your posts at the end of the day phase yesterday, combined with your "null read" of turmoil when those who are very much leaning towards town right now saw him as scum... Well, it's not a good look to me.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I know. Doesn't matter, I want to hear it.

Also, despite this Heroes & Villains push, Love Boat won in the end, and it's what I was hoping it'd be. Great.

I still don't think names should be public even if you don't want to believe the whole hunter thing. There probably is no hunter in this game, it's a rare role, but on the flip side, why even risk it when scum, again, would have fake claims. Bear effectively helped write the book for safe game design in this community. He wouldn't just put scum out there naked. Speaking of safe, Love Boat has all the benefit with none of the fun downside. Boo this bear, booooooo

To explain the Fandorin vote some more (and to answer Sorian) I'm quoting my big ISO of turmoil from the last Phase.

Was wrong about the conclusion but Turmoil spends a lot of time being self conscious of Fandorin and their connection to each other. At one point he even says, quote,

and why would Scum be worried of a runaway effect for a Townie? :thinkingemoji:

I mean, pocketing townies is a thing, I just don't know if turmoil's play was nuanced enough for that (though he did do a deep pull for that fake claim which I'll either give credit to him or a scummate for.

Wanting Flux dead.

Duh, of course he was lying about the 1-shot thing. I understand that I thought he was lying about the whole thing but if you believe the commuting than the number of shots or how it works should not matter to you, it's always a lie because your job in that role is to feint a kill from scum.

On mobile but deaths are

Stan - override town
Turmoil backup scum
Geno vt
Cabot vt
Terra vt

Correct?

cabot was a mason and Fantomas is claiming the other half of that partnership.

rac

Oct 25, 2017
Fair, just explaining why it feels so weird to me. He even mentioned the locked votes when he voted for me in the first place, so the whole thing is trying to figure out what was going on in his head there.

alright last post arguing this but if i knew my vote was locked why the hell would i vote flux there?
in an hour between my two votes i never checked into scum chat to see what the hell was going on?