• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Let's walk through it:

You were openly defending Ketkat because you knew she was town, contradicting multiple players who strongly believed that she was scum.

malus, turmoil and Flux came in and said that they didn't believe Ketkat was scum simply because it seemed to easy and there was no pushback against that lynch. They lied - you were staunchly defending her. That's a bullshit reason to townread her.

Usually, when someone comes up with a bullshit reason to townread someone, they're scum. If a townie is getting pushed hard, it's pretty easy for scum to distance themselves from that inevitable mislynch by claiming they townread said townie. And sometimes scum doesn't put in the effort to draw a townread that feels natural.

Does this make sense? How do you feel about those three with this in mind?
To add on to this, I would definitely like to hear Pirate Bae your thoughts on Chuggernaut's read on Ketkat, which totally lines up with what Brazil is saying here in my opinion.
Ketkat: I can see where some of the arguments against Ketkat are coming from with the way she seems to be dodging a read list, but I have to agree with what some others are saying. She feels like the easy lynch for scum to get behind which makes me very nervous. I also thought her read on Fanto was pretty good. A flip from her would either completely destroy most of my reads or help them a lot so I wouldn't be completely against seeing the flip from Ketkat, but I would rather not kill her as of right now.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Can someone please pass me the machinegun?
Grizzly Is zubz vote on Turmoil staying or no?
At this point I'm suspecting weird games are going to have easy modifiers and more normal games are going to have the crazier ones. That's based on a super small sample size obviously but that's my hunch on what Bear starting building this premise on.

Hmmm. Fair point but we've only had one so far, Cthulhu may have just been the odd man out.

3347.jpg

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
Let's walk through it:

You were openly defending Ketkat because you knew she was town, contradicting multiple players who strongly believed that she was scum.

malus, turmoil and Flux came in and said that they didn't believe Ketkat was scum simply because it seemed to easy and there was no pushback against that lynch. They lied - you were staunchly defending her. That's a bullshit reason to townread her.

Usually, when someone comes up with a bullshit reason to townread someone, they're scum. If a townie is getting pushed hard, it's pretty easy for scum to distance themselves from that inevitable mislynch by claiming they townread said townie. And sometimes scum doesn't put in the effort to draw a townread that feels natural.

Does this make sense? How do you feel about those three with this in mind?

With recent happenings in mind, I'd lynch Malus and Turmoil.

Their reactions feel the reverse of those who believed me, and it was super easy to argue against me and earn townie cred. It's partially why turmoil has been on my radar. Malus has been kind of coasting so I've been hesitant due to possible real life stuff, and Flux I'm torn on, because his reactions feel genuine but there's something else that I can't put my finger on.

When you say my name and say I "seemed to go with it." Are you saying I just accepted the town read and agreed or that I mostly ignored your defense since I thought it was wrong? It sounds like you mean the former but I specifically quoted you at one point and told you why I thought Ket was scum based on my experiences with her in my game when you quoted your experiences in GoT.

If it's nothing then why did you egg it on as if you had more to say?

And you have a vote down so no one really cares what you are letting pass today.

I mean that you defended me defended Ketkat. Your defense, in particular, was well-thought out and actually made sense so I lean town on you, too. I mean that you "went with it" because you believed me, despite the uphill battle I was fighting. I think your explanation of it was better than the others mentioned. Does that answer your question?

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't You're the one who repeatedly asked for elaboration on it, which I ignored, until I had to point it out in a previous post.

And, obviously, I'm not saying that as some threat of power like I'm gonna shoot him. I'm saying that this isn't something I'd simply overlook, and I'm wondering why others are when the whole day has literally revolved around it.

So you want more voting phases jettisoned? Because I guarantee you Fran isn't dying N2. And we'll have the same vote restriction on D3. Fun times ahead.

22 / 30

What are you talking about? We won't have the same vote restriction D3, this is a cthulhu thing. Whether Fran overrides or not is his own damn business. We'll at least be able to vote and change votes hwne new issue comes in to have a real voting record.

And bullshit:

RIP Geno/Faddy, at least no a PR

I expected Flux or Fran to die due to PR hints, probably they weren't because fear of a doc save?

Not sure if this is a curse or a blessing

absolutbro careful of not getting modkilled

You're weirdly pre-occupied about Flux apparently hinting at a PR. I never did this.

I'd normally wait for a reply before elaborating, but we're at a limit, so I think I know what you're talking about. But you know how each of us has a role name of another person? Well, yeah...

I guess I must have overlooked that Fran apparently wanted you dead the most last phase...? I'm not sure how I would have glossed over this.

2/30

You say you never hinted at a PR, then you double back say you hinted at something (probably a name claim) then when I just ask about a soft claim you play some vague bullshit and throw light shade. Then you go back to saying you never did anything.

I'm convinced two different people are writing your posts at this point.

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
The people defending Ketkat:
whoa now, my post is either from my reads or an answer to Fran's question including ketkat. It's beyond a stretch to call that a defense and you damn well know it. This sort of stuff is why you're my number 1 scum. You stretch and stretch and stretch to throw shade at people.

How is that malus' fault? Isn't this an issue with Fran?
because Malus made the graph and then didn't have any sort of explanation as to what it was? there's not even a freakin title, it's bad form

Vote: Fran

I cannot see how the backup/override claim was anything other than an attempt to steer conversation in a really shitty way.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
What are you talking about? We won't have the same vote restriction D3, this is a cthulhu thing. Whether Fran overrides or not is his own damn business. We'll at least be able to vote and change votes hwne new issue comes in to have a real voting record.
Read the modifier again.

24 / 30

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
whoa now, my post is either from my reads or an answer to Fran's question including ketkat. It's beyond a stretch to call that a defense and you damn well know it. This sort of stuff is why you're my number 1 scum. You stretch and stretch and stretch to throw shade at people.
Settle down, guy. I went back and looked through for the last page for Flux to grab any quote I saw that went against the normal "Ketkat is Scum" narrative because he said he didn't remember there being a defense of her. Your's was one that fit the bill, because you weren't scum reading her. That's all.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Grizzly Is zubz vote on Turmoil staying or no?

Hmmm. Fair point but we've only had one so far, Cthulhu may have just been the odd man out.

3347.jpg

Phoenix Wright was a fake modifier but election was still a real one. Election was way vanilla and I'd argue having to reverse how a lynch works and then giving someone a free license to kill whoever is more bastard than this. So yeah, only two modifiers but that's how it looks so far.

With recent happenings in mind, I'd lynch Malus and Turmoil.

Their reactions feel the reverse of those who believed me, and it was super easy to argue against me and earn townie cred. It's partially why turmoil has been on my radar. Malus has been kind of coasting so I've been hesitant due to possible real life stuff, and Flux I'm torn on, because his reactions feel genuine but there's something else that I can't put my finger on.

I mean that you defended me defended Ketkat. Your defense, in particular, was well-thought out and actually made sense so I lean town on you, too. I mean that you "went with it" because you believed me, despite the uphill battle I was fighting. I think your explanation of it was better than the others mentioned. Does that answer your question?

It does answer my question. I think you misinterpreted me (or I'm misinterpreting this) but to be honest. It doesn't really matter from my end, you claiming doesn't change that I already had you closer to town than scum so it's fine.

Read the modifier again.

24 / 30

No, you need to read it again. It says it's in place for the next modifier vote. Meaning tonight when we are voting modifiers, you also can't switch your vote.

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
Settle down, guy. I went back and looked through for the last page for Flux to grab any quote I saw that went against the normal "Ketkat is Scum" narrative because he said he didn't remember there being a defense of her. Your's was one that fit the bill, because you weren't scum reading her. That's all.
This isn't exactly helping your case.

also with no override we are currently at a three way tie between Flux, Pirate and Turmoil. Keep that in mind for those who have not voted

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
You say you never hinted at a PR, then you double back say you hinted at something (probably a name claim) then when I just ask about a soft claim you play some vague bullshit and throw light shade. Then you go back to saying you never did anything.

I'm convinced two different people are writing your posts at this point.
This doesn't make sense, and I have no idea what you're talking about. Timeline:
  1. Turmoil talks about a PR hint I made in D1 + 1.5 repeatedly.
  2. I call him out on it. I then say that I think I know what he's talking about, and mention role names.
  3. You repeatedly question where that PR hint could be.
  4. I call you out on it.
  5. You talk about how I've been "ignoring questions."
  6. I ask how I've been "ignoring questions."
  7. One of your examples is refusal to elaborate on PR hint I apparently made.
  8. I say that it doesn't matter.
  9. You ask why I was then egging myself having a PR on.
  10. ???
You're the one who should get your story straight. You've been talking more about a supposed PR I have then I ever did.

25 / 30

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm the Neapolitan, that is a role that tells you if someone is Ordinary Town or not, kind of like a vanilla cop

I know Flux is NOT ordinary

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Also, there's a tie right now, how about not just adding new votes to the pile of people who probably can't be lynched at this point. This is about absolutbro but his vote is gone now so it's no anyone who hasn't voted. I appreciate the thought on being different but if we hit a tie then we have to depend on Fran doing something:

==== DAY 2 VOTES ====
Day Start

fluxwavez (3 votes)
faddy - #2,685
sorian - #2,703
fluxwavez - #2,722

pirate bae (3 votes)
ceecee - #2,705
malus - #2,712
fandorin - #2,716

turmoil7 (3 votes)
fran - #2,763
zubz - #2,771
fireblend - #2,807

ketkat (2 votes)
cabot - #2,609
fantomas - #2,689

fran (1 votes)
absolutbro - #2,805

blargonaut (1 votes)
blargonaut - #2,636

zubz (1 votes)
turmoil7 - #2,781

fantomas (1 votes)
rac - #2,744

malus (1 votes)
brazil - #2,748

Post Counts:
brazil: 28 cabot: 26 sorian: 26 fantomas: 23 fluxwavez: 23 natiko: 23 dr. monkey: 22 fran: 21 sawneeks: 20 thechuggernaut: 19 pirate bae: 19 faddy: 18 fandorin: 17 fireblend: 17 absolutbro: 16 zubz: 15 rac: 15 kyanrute: 15 grizzly: 13 blargonaut: 13 ceecee: 11 ketkat: 11 malus: 11 turmoil7: 11 lone_prodigy: 2 geno: 1

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
No, you need to read it again. It says it's in place for the next modifier vote. Meaning tonight when we are voting modifiers, you also can't switch your vote.
I thought "next modifier vote" meant that it was added to voting alongside the next modifier?

But now that you point that out... I see.

26 / 30

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
This is about @absolutbro but his vote is gone now so it's no anyone who hasn't voted. I appreciate the thought on being different but if we hit a tie then we have to depend on Fran doing something:
Totally fair. Literally after I anger voted I said "well shit" out loud. I should have voted Turmoil or Flux

malus

Oct 30, 2017
Will third or fourth the calls for malus to explain the stats post. Numbers with nothing else are meaningless. And to steal his words, it's ALSO a cop out (it was the numbers! Not me!).
Okay I'll go into more detail about the stats:
First all posted ranked lists are mapped to a range from 0 to 1, because people on the list itself didn't include themselves. That way the top scum gets a score of 1 and the top town gets a score of 0 and all other entries a score inbetween. With that we have a list of values in the range [0, 1] for each name on Frans list, which is then plotted in a box plot sorted by median value (yellow line).

VOTE: malus

I guess it's pretty easy to ignore someone calling you out multiple times when they can't actually get you lynched, huh.

This also goes to Pirate Bae and turmoil. Flux at least responded to me, albeit seemingly without understanding what I meant.

Add Zubz to those four and you have my biggest scumreads right now. I'm looking forward to seeing how you all behave when democracy and scrutiny come back.
We immediately

Not a big fan of this series of posts. Pushing for the lynch then immediately backpedaling, not to mention then turning around and arguing for an info flip based off the stats. Tell me this malus - if Bae is flipped what would you go back to and gleam from the wide array of her positions on those lists if she's scum? What if she's town?
I guess that's fair. I'll try to get my thoughts in order and get a couple explanations out, but I'm currently not very much awake so it may not come across as comprehensible as I think it does.

Both KetKat and Turmoil are generally scum or only very lightly town read (seen in the graph based on the ranked lists). There were a few mentions of how no one was defending KetKat but all those still put her rather low on their lists (I guess I'm guilty of this as well). In fact the only one completely town reading KetKat was Pirate Bae, whom I had an iffy feeling about anyway and it looked to me like she was trying to capitalize on a mislynch there.

If Pirate Bae flipped scum I would feel better about Chuggs and probably also about KetKat. I would look into people who kind of town read her but not very committed, such as Sawneeks or Faddy. A town flip would make me look into Zubz or Fireblend who had her as kind of scum but not very committed.

But this whole thing is moot now anyway with the role claim. So if Fran doesn't use the override I hope people who haven't voted yet go for Flux now.

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
Turmoil, if you get a result like that, why do you do all those posts about Flux's PR hints. Why do you want to broadcast it like that?

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not claiming anything. I'm saying that turmoil is 100% lying right now, and I would vote for him if I could.

Dammit, should have kept my vote for the end of the phase.

28 / 30

This is simple. If you are vanilla, turmoil is lying and we lynch him. If we lynch him and he Is really a neapolitan we lynch you.

So you are vanilla or not?

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
uh... that doesn't make him scum though. you could have just outed a town PR

We're in the clown show now so who cares. Lynch Flux, if he is ordinary, lynch Turmoil. They want to set themselves up as opposites and I'm happy to oblige.

So town has 2 investigative roles?

*Thinking emoji*

A neapolitan is the probably THE weakest investigator ever (and actually is a dencent scum power to fair), there's no issue with having them and an alignment cop on the same team. Multiple alignment cops is where you have an issue.

I'm just burning my posts at this point, #28

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not claiming anything. I'm saying that turmoil is 100% lying right now, and I would vote for him if I could.

28 / 30

No, no stupid fucking games if you are town. You are saying right now if you are vanilla or not, I don't care what the role is. If you flip town and you lied or kept this vague then we lynch Turmoil on wrong evidence and that can get us in trouble if you are both town somehow.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
This is simple. If you are vanilla, turmoil is lying and we lynch him. If we lynch him and he Is really a neapolitan we lynch you.

So you are vanilla or not?
i literally cannot hold all these clowns

argh

your life is on the line, do the damn counterclaim or die

Vanilla cop is a scum role btw.
No, no stupid fucking games if you are town. You are saying right now if you are vanilla or not, I don't care what the role is. If you flip town and you lied or kept this vague then we lynch Turmoil on wrong evidence and that can get us in trouble if you are both town somehow.

No. It isn't simple.

Ugh, fine, I'll enter the league of vague PR claimers. I'm not vanilla. But, also, there is absolutely no way Turmoil could have used his ability on me during N1. That's it.

But like hell I'm telling you what my ability is right now.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Jesus Christ, people, Flux is being uncooperative for no reason.

KILL FLUX

turmoil's post about Flux's hint of being a PR makes complete sense with his claim in mind.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017

28 / 30

You may as well just admit you have a PR role with a post like this. That is not the mindset of vanilla town.

This is fucking stupid.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
No. It isn't simple.

Ugh, fine, I'll enter the league of vague PR claimers. I'm not vanilla. But, also, there is absolutely no way Turmoil could have used his ability on me during N1. That's it.

Great odd night commuter. Flip one of them, deal with the fall out tomorrow, one is lying.

Brazil You just hit 30 posts, don't post again

I've also hit 30, night everyone.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
No. It isn't simple.

Being cagey at this point isn't getting you anywhere.

You were completely untargetable on N1 or what?

malus

Oct 30, 2017
What the heck is going on?
I guess I'll just go to sleep now...

Just don't let it end on a draw or on Pirate Bae.

OP
OP
The Bear

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017

==== DAY 2 VOTES ====

Day Start

turmoil7 (4 votes)
fran - #2,763
zubz - #2,771
fireblend - #2,807
pirate bae - #2,824

fluxwavez (3 votes)
faddy - #2,685
sorian - #2,703
fluxwavez - #2,722

pirate bae (3 votes)
ceecee - #2,705
malus - #2,712
fandorin - #2,716

ketkat (2 votes)
cabot - #2,609
fantomas - #2,689

fran (1 votes)
absolutbro - #2,805

blargonaut (1 votes)
blargonaut - #2,636

zubz (1 votes)
turmoil7 - #2,781

fantomas (1 votes)
rac - #2,744

malus (1 votes)
brazil - #2,748

Post Counts:
brazil: 30 sorian: 30 fluxwavez: 28 cabot: 26 fran: 24 fantomas: 23 natiko: 23 dr. monkey: 22 sawneeks: 22 fandorin: 20 thechuggernaut: 20 pirate bae: 20 faddy: 19 absolutbro: 19 fireblend: 17 kyanrute: 17 rac: 16 zubz: 15 grizzly: 14 turmoil7: 14 blargonaut: 13 malus: 13 ketkat: 12 ceecee: 11 lone_prodigy: 2 geno: 1

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

rac

Oct 25, 2017
vote: fluxwavez

does scum turmoil ever 1 for 1 on d2
i guess its possible you are a neutral but isnt that just a fine lynch too

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
Guys not being ordinary doesn't make him scum. There is no reason for an actual town vanilla cop to out another player like this, it's insanely anti-town.