• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
Fran, if Turmoil is killed & flips, I'd go to Pirate Bae over CeeCee since I still believe CeeCes's Town, albeit a Town who made a big mistake that left plenty of questions. Let me get my Cthulhu reads for my overall pick.

Because I'm not a blarg whisperer

Still doesn't explain why you saw the easy bandwagon pick as "fun," & why "fun" is the voting criteria. And with this non-answer, that puts you over 10 posts in the final hours, huh? Funny how that works out.

If this wasn't Cthulhu, I'd be voting for you now before seeing if my reads help/hurt another case. Looking back... do Cthulhu rules do anything other than help Scum?

13/30

OP
OP
The Bear

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 2 VOTES ====
Day Start

ketkat (2 votes)
cabot - #2,609
fantomas - #2,689

blargonaut (1 votes)
blargonaut - #2,636

fluxwavez (1 votes)
faddy - #2,685

Post Counts:
cabot: 25 dr. monkey: 20 thechuggernaut: 19 natiko: 19 fran: 18 brazil: 17 fantomas: 17 sorian: 16 pirate bae: 15 sawneeks: 14 zubz: 13 faddy: 13 blargonaut: 13 fluxwavez: 13 kyanrute: 12 ketkat: 11 fandorin: 10 rac: 10 absolutbro: 10 grizzly: 9 ceecee: 9 fireblend: 8 turmoil7: 7 malus: 6 lone_prodigy: 2 geno: 1

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Why would who voted first make a difference when we have all indications of an override being used? Cabot himself even admitted his frustration to having essentially pointless votes two days in a row.

I know this is meant as a zinger, but it did make me consider how easy it would have been for scum to fill up on fluff or agreement posts to avoid getting caught out. It would be easy enough to say "oops, couldn't answer, ran out of posts".

Not many super strong feelings on this list.

Town
---------
Ceecee - I largely believe the claim, and the follow up reasoning for lying about their claim. Do the best with what you have and all that.

Rac - He's questioning, he's engaged for rac (lolz pot kettle I know). Scum rac always feels more abrasive and defensive than he seems here.

Blarg - Were there more people in the list, Blarg might be in the dead center. Leaning only slightly more towards town than null, because I feel like Blarg has been rather low-key for Blarg.

Chuggs - The last couple games I played had Chuggernaut in them and both times he was town. His play both times felt similar to his play here. I think the early fight with you, Fran, felt town/town despite its similarity to TMBG.

Pirate Bae -
Ketkat - My last post had my feelings on Pirate Bae and Ketkat and little has changed. They're lower on the list because the range from the top town to the bottom town isn't very far. Fractions of a point.

Turmoil - Weakish read. I dunno how much I buy the panic at the modifiers thing from day start, seems like a solid way to burn a few posts without saying much. Still don't get the Geno thing, but that's been gone over. You could read the defense of Zubz's situation (not wanting to vote for someone who isn't around) as a defense of the player, but that might be a stretch. Then again, ExtremeTactician might take issue with that given how many times it's happened...

Fantomas - Some gut, admittedly, but Fanto seems always ready with a post to cast doubt on someone. 598 starts us off with "they might be scum buuuuut", 592 is big dicking "i've caught scum you should trust my reads"... it all feels very in your face, and a little disingenuous. 815 is even a "I think this person is scum but not really anymore but maybe". It's the kind of comments that I'd make as scum to be able to defend myself either way ("I said I thought they were still scum!" or "I said they made me think they weren't scum!"). Individually those kind of posts don't mean much, but they pile up into a circumstantial defense. Probably enough for a deep dive.
--------
Scum

What do you think is your best chance for victory?

I'll be in and out today. By EOD I won't be running things here by myself so hopefully i can focus more. You all deserve better play

Because Fran still doesn't have a gun to his head forcing him to override. He could simply not if votes end up picking someone he wants dead anyway. cabot is smarter than that, he awards 9 time since our of 10 that vote is symbolic but there are those fringe cases where it's not.

It's not balance wise that looks fake (because we know almost nothing about how this game is balanced). It's just that claiming BP is the safest claim that scum could make. It's a claim that gives Chugg a little excuse when scum don't target him during the night phases because no scum would target a BP if they don't have a strongman. I'm always wary about BP claims because of this.

I also have doubts regarding the modifiers. We have a couple of modifiers that may give items (The Price is Right and HvV) and that makes me feel that BP may be a really weak role. Of course that I don't know if those modifiers work like that or the setup but if we use one of those and Grizzly start giving BP and other items I will very suspicious of Chuggs.

I already made a list my top 3 candidates. Everyone should comment how they feel about them.

Maybe one of the currents trains is her scum partner so she is trying to get people to look elsewhere so we don't lynch them.

Just because she is trying to broaden our horizons doesn't mean that she isn't scum with this many flips.

absolutbro None of those seemed like a scum read. Who are your top scums right now?

Price is Right and HvV have items in their real game so I am willing to guarantee with a gun to my head that they won't here. Saying Chuggs claiming is bad play is true, saying it's a scum maneuver is interesting coming from you considering you psychologically forced him into that. You spent a whole day tunneling him then came in hot today saying you were lynching whoever you wanted. No offense to Chuggs but he's an inexperienced mafia player, I'm not shocked to see him buckle quick even if there wasn't present danger.

As far as your three people, you're already getting your reads from your little ordering exercise. I still don't think any of them are the best choice today so

VOTE: FluxWaveZ

Nothing he's done today has convinced me otherwise and he's fine ignoring questions because you aren't lynching him.

This is easily the worst game of Mafia I've played in so far, and it's nothing against Grizzly or anyone in here, but I am just so ridiculously frustrated sitting on my ass waiting around for our dear leaders to decide what's best for us. We've been playing in this game for over 100 hours and haven't been able to just place some votes and see who the majority decides we should lynch at the end of the day. You know, like how that game we all play called Mafia works?

Vote: Ketkat

That's who we should have lynched yesterday. It is nothing against you personally Ketkat, I love you, we were teammates once, it was great, but you read as the scummiest person in the room to me on D1, and we have hardly anything else to go off of still.

All I can honestly do in this game is say to you all this:

If I were to have placed a vote yesterday, I would have voted for Ketkat because of all of the reasons I, and many others, have already listed. Nothing from today has changed my mind.

Do what you will, Fran.

As for the next modifier vote, I think we should be trying to find something as tame as possible. I know it's almost impossible to try to predict, but let's not go for something wild like Cthulhu again please?

Why? Cthulhu was probably our first game that strayed into bastard and it ended up being the tamest/lamest modifier ever. At this point, I think I'm probably just going to vote conspiracy and we'll probably get someone low key like "someone has a secret double vote!"

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
As for the next modifier vote, I think we should be trying to find something as tame as possible. I know it's almost impossible to try to predict, but let's not go for something wild like Cthulhu again please?
I still don't know why Cthulhu was so popular & I kinda think Scum bandwagoned onto it just to justify low post counts. Going to switch to my laptop & get a list of who voted for both Stanley & Cthulhu momentarily.
I have no idea what people want with posts like these. You recognize that we have no way of knowing what a modifier is, then still lament those that didn't go your way as if they purposefully chose the game limitations that resulted from their game pick. It makes no sense.

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
How in the holy name of Grizzly was anyone able to predict the modifier? Do you know something we don't? I'd really like to hear how you got here.

It's worth a single post to highlight this.

what?

how do scum know what the modifiers do

It's been awhile since I read Cthulhu game, but weren't these modifiers in place the whole game? I assumed most of the modifiers would be easily guessed based on the game that inspired it. Kind of like how Archer absolutely would be bringing back the Mission System for a Night.

I'm probably wrong based on the responses I'm now getting, but I thought Cthulhu also had lock-in rules & that would be the most likely modifiers it would have in this game.

14/30

cabot

Oct 25, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
nah, none of this was in cthulhu.

Fran, I'm not answering your question. I can deal with what happens from the flips once I've seen the flip and the following night actions.

Right now I feel like I'm doing a dance for your appeasement.

I didn't shower. it's a smelly dance. Congratulation.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
I was trying to find a way to insinuate "I'm probably going to vote for someone other Turmoil since he'll just be modkilled, anyway, but don't want to say it outright since I'm assuming he's still reading this thread & am hoping he just forgets to check-in." Then kind of slipped up & outright said that... My bad.
Oh, that is not how I interpreted your original post at all.

My take is that, in a game this size, scum should have more than their faction kill. Maybe we have some weird modifiers specifically aimed at decreasing the playerbase, but considering the uncertainty involving those, I'm betting these extra kills come from PRs.

Thing is those PRs can be scum, town or neutral aligned, all we need is more killing roles. Considering we didn't get a counter claim or a second kill last night, my immediate worry is that CeeCee could be hiding in plain sight as this extra killer from the scum team, instead of a town PR like he claims.
Of course, just getting a second kill wouldn't clear him, but it would definitely give him some credit.
I just think it's a crapshoot to try and puzzle it out without actual flips since there's a thousand permutations it could be balance wise. Hell, if CeeCee is a JOAT scum or even neutral it could be multiple killing abilities which would completely throw any attempt to guess out of whack. I personally still find it difficult to understand CeeCee's actions in a manner other than bad town, but short of actual flips I doubt my read is going to alter based on kills. Unless we see another hidden day kill I guess which would maybe be too many lies on top of lies for me.

Last question: If I lynch either Pirate Bae, Turmoil or CeeCee and the target flips scum, who would be your target tomorrow?

Different question for Pirate Bae, Turmoil and CeeCee: Why shouldn't I lynch you?
For Bae it's a toss up, I don't think it clears Ketkat, but I'd at least want to reread all of their posts referencing each other again before I commit. For turmoil definitely still Ketkat. For CeeCee I would want to go back and read the reactions to CeeCee's shot again with fresh eyes and the flip to see if my thoughts changed any (for instance the leashing stuff could be a concern especially anyone that jumped at the idea a bit too eagerly).

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
Please point me to my scum read on Faddy. I've been town reading him all game.
Going to be honest, I had seen his recent scum read of you and just sort of assumed. My underlying point stands: I don't care he is scum reading you, it has no impact on my decision to scum read him.

Because Fran still doesn't have a gun to his head forcing him to override. He could simply not if votes end up picking someone he wants dead anyway. cabot is smarter than that, he awards 9 time since our of 10 that vote is symbolic but there are those fringe cases where it's not.
He sort of does, given that if scum believes his claim he's unlikely to survive the night. Your final sentence got auto-correct mangled, but I think I see your point. I just don't see how it leads to "more likely to be town". Scum are just as likely to put a vote forward knowing it's likely to be overridden. Same reason, I'm guessing Blarg was willing to vote himself knowing he can't change it.

well... I'm assuming he knows he can't change it.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
Saying Chuggs claiming is bad play is true, saying it's a scum maneuver is interesting coming from you considering you psychologically forced him into that. You spent a whole day tunneling him then came in hot today saying you were lynching whoever you wanted.

He claimed before I said that I would lynch whoever I wanted.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
It's been awhile since I read Cthulhu game, but weren't these modifiers in place the whole game? I assumed most of the modifiers would be easily guessed based on the game that inspired it. Kind of like how Archer absolutely would be bringing back the Mission System for a Night.

I'm probably wrong based on the responses I'm now getting, but I thought Cthulhu also had lock-in rules & that would be the most likely modifiers it would have in this game.

14/30
No. And this has been discussed in the thread, too. Have you been reading? Sorian in particular has talked about this. There have been several posts to Fran about it, too.

I don't like your explanation. I don't like what it implies. You are disengaged from the thread. And hoping a bunch of people get modkilled is not great either.

Fran, I'm not doing lynch orders. I don't think that serves anyone. It just gives scum ideas where to focus tomorrow when I hope we get more open discussion and real pressure. I addressed connections in my post.

If votes weren't locked, I'd vote Zubz here.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
Stats! :D
U3srFHV.png

Vote: Pirate Bae

malus

Oct 30, 2017
The outlier for both Chuggs and KetKat happens to be Pirate Bae.
Now thinking about that it makes me kind of question my scum read of her, since scum would probably avoid such extreme positions.

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Joining in on the "those Zubz posts are weird" chorus. Sorian even complained about how uninteresting the modifier was considering how wild Cthulhu was earlier today.

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, that is not how I interpreted your original post at all.

I just think it's a crapshoot to try and puzzle it out without actual flips since there's a thousand permutations it could be balance wise. Hell, if CeeCee is a JOAT scum or even neutral it could be multiple killing abilities which would completely throw any attempt to guess out of whack. I personally still find it difficult to understand CeeCee's actions in a manner other than bad town, but short of actual flips I doubt my read is going to alter based on kills. Unless we see another hidden day kill I guess which would maybe be too many lies on top of lies for me.

For Bae it's a toss up, I don't think it clears Ketkat, but I'd at least want to reread all of their posts referencing each other again before I commit. For turmoil definitely still Ketkat. For CeeCee I would want to go back and read the reactions to CeeCee's shot again with fresh eyes and the flip to see if my thoughts changed any (for instance the leashing stuff could be a concern especially anyone that jumped at the idea a bit too eagerly).

I wouldn't base my vote on CeeCee just on that and I expect at least 2 more flips to start thinking about that, besides the fact that other claims could affect the theory. Not that far fetched to me.

14/30

This is a really weird post. Not sure what it says about your alignment, maybe nothing, but it's definitely a horrible look for you
Hummmm
I think I'm here too.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Last question: If I lynch either Pirate Bae, Turmoil or CeeCee and the target flips scum, who would be your target tomorrow?

Different question for Pirate Bae, Turmoil and CeeCee: Why shouldn't I lynch you?

If CeeCee is actually scum, I'd think someone who sidelined the whole policy lynch vs. "no thats a town role" would be the scum. It's an awkward argument that could swing either way so I could see one or two scum members just passively commenting and not actually pushing on it (I haven't read back who falls into this category, I'll try to if I have time today). I don't think PB or Turmoil makes a clear link to another scum member on death tbh, I don't think Ket is scum if PB is though and I don't think Flux is if Turmoil is (and vice-versa for both of those).

Going to be honest, I had seen his recent scum read of you and just sort of assumed. My underlying point stands: I don't care he is scum reading you, it has no impact on my decision to scum read him.

He sort of does, given that if scum believes his claim he's unlikely to survive the night. Your final sentence got auto-correct mangled, but I think I see your point. I just don't see how it leads to "more likely to be town". Scum are just as likely to put a vote forward knowing it's likely to be overridden. Same reason, I'm guessing Blarg was willing to vote himself knowing he can't change it.

well... I'm assuming he knows he can't change it.

Oh no, we'd lose an override and scum would have had to waste a kill on someone who is a known quantity PR wise but still vague on alignment. Override is one of those negative utility things since it's biggest uses are defense for the person who has it and like a vig shot, is likely to hit town early game. Him dying without using it is whatever and to be completely honest, I doubt scum cares he's there holding it unless his list is the whole scum team.

He claimed before I said that I would lynch whoever I wanted.

Don't play, he claimed after you said you were an overrider, people can fill in the blanks.

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
That was not me equating them to Geno, it was me saying he was an odd kill even as a no-info kill, and that Ab/nin would have been better lynches, in contrast to Geno. Did that really not come across clearly?

Hmm, I see. The "he could be seen as a low info kill" made me interpret it the way I did. I see your way as well now.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Stats! :D

This tells me nothing.

The outlier for both Chuggs and KetKat happens to be Pirate Bae.
Now thinking about that it makes me kind of question my scum read of her, since scum would probably avoid such extreme positions.
This tells me even less. Why the hurry to vote if you're going to back down from that in your next post?

You're climbing my list, malus. You're paying attention enough to turn this mess into numbers, but not enough to avoid saying that "no one opposes" the Ketkat scumread.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
I want everyone to rank this list from "If he isn't scum I will eat my hat" to "WTF are you smoking? He is no way scum":

Pirate Bae, Ketkat, CeeCee, Chuggs, Turmoil, Blarg, Fantomas, Rac.
Scum
  1. Turmoil
  2. Fantomas
  3. Rac
  4. Blarg
  5. Chuggs
  6. CeeCee
  7. KetKat
  8. Pirate Bae
Town
Why tell us the reasoning is different without just telling us the evolved reasoning?
Because "gut feeling" is not an appropriate reason. Now that I've made my mind, here it is:

Faddy
Still gut feeling, lol. Well, this was weird:
Keep it quiet but I think Brazil might be scum. But I am going to wait and see where he shoots first rather than make myself look like a fool.
I think Flux is saying I haven't been as controversial as the day has went on.

At this point I would rather not be shot so I am not going to go hard against Brazil since he has a gun. But he is one of my scum reads right now and a reason I didn't want him to get the power in the first place.
Came with this random thought about Brazil when I just said that he didn't stand out much to me, but then immediately leans towards town for Brazil when Natiko talks about how vote lists and kill lists aren' the same.

And now he's voting for me, even though previously he was talking about how he had other people as people higher in his scum list than I. Faddy, what bumped me up that list?

Fantomas

Unfortunately, another gut feeling. He's very active and actively scum hunting and all that good stuff. Doesn't change it.

Perhaps it's his fixation on either lynching KetKat or Pirate Bae this day phase, two people who I wouldn't want lynched today, with arguments that they give bad vibes.

Claiming the lack of defense for her as justification for your own defense of her, while multiple other players do the same. This honestly tells me more about you than it does about Ket herself.
My reasoning for why she shouldn't be lynched wasn't to protect myself. There's usually an underlying sense of complicity with scum unless someone messes up and/or there's a bus going, and I'm not feeling that at all with KetKat.

he's fine ignoring questions because you aren't lynching him.
Point to the questions I've ignored.

Besides:

With Fran making this day pretty much revolve around his decision, I'm intrested in seeing what comes of it.

14/30

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
Oh no, we'd lose an override and scum would have had to waste a kill on someone who is a known quantity PR wise but still vague on alignment. Override is one of those negative utility things since it's biggest uses are defense for the person who has it and like a vig shot, is likely to hit town early game. Him dying without using it is whatever and to be completely honest, I doubt scum cares he's there holding it unless his list is the whole scum team.
I'm not saying it's a massive loss. I'm just arguing the feeling of a gun to a head.

RE: Your comment about posts. Is there anyone you think is actually guilty of your suggestion that scum could run up their post count in order to be unable to reply?
Did want to come back to this as I'm at my PC. I read over the day again and didn't really see anyone with both a high post count and a high number of junk posts, so this was sort of a bust. Still a couple hours to go and more people in the 15-20 post range where the need to stay under starts to be a bigger thing, but I'm guessing it will end as sort of a nothing item. No loss.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Good morning. Gonna catch up properly in a bit but what's with all the Pirate Bae votes? :x

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
My reasoning for why she shouldn't be lynched wasn't to protect myself. There's usually an underlying sense of complicity with scum unless someone messes up and/or there's a bus going, and I'm not feeling that at all with KetKat.
No one has been been defended by another player as much as Ketkat in this game. This simply doesn't apply.

And I never said anything about you protecting yourself.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
And my argument about Ketkat is hardly "bad vibes".

These defenses of Ketkat are ridiculously disingenuous at this point. It is not about low post count, it is not about bad vibes, she is definitely being defended and there is push back against her lynch. These are all facts.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
No one has been been defended by another player as much as Ketkat in this game. This simply doesn't apply.

And I never said anything about you protecting yourself.
I guess I misread this part: "his honestly tells me more about you than it does about Ket herself."

But... huh? No one has defended KetKat as much as anyone else in this game? What do you mean? She's currently the one who seemingly has the most scum vibes in the list Fran provided according to malus' stats.

Ketkat and Chugg are my lynch targets.
What happened to Pirate Bae? Actually, going back to your latest reads list, how comes she was one of your top scum reads at the start of this day phase, but then got demoted to "null"?
Pirate Bae I need to give a full reread to, but overall it's hard for me to get a solid grasp on where she's coming from until I see her play in a relatively normal day where we can post and vote as much as we all want.

And my argument about Ketkat is hardly "bad vibes".

These defenses of Ketkat are ridiculously disingenuous at this point. It is not about low post count, it is not about bad vibes, she is definitely being defended and there is push back against her lynch. These are all facts.
Am I missing something? Who are all these people defending KetKat?

And also, could you then provide a current summary for your reasoning for lynching KetKat? Because what I had kept track of was saying that "feels scummy".

15 / 30

malus

Oct 30, 2017
To elaborate on my vote, it's only semi influenced by the graphs I posted. I already said she is currently my top scum read and this is just the continuation of that. But from the stats we can see that she has been read from top town to top scum, so we should get a lot of information from a flip.

Scum
Besides:

With Fran making this day pretty much revolve around his decision, I'm intrested in seeing what comes of it.

14/30
This seems like a cop out to not have to commit to anything.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
I guess I misread this part: "his honestly tells me more about you than it does about Ket herself."

But... huh? No one has defended KetKat as much as anyone else in this game? What do you mean? She's currently the one who seemingly has the most scum vibes in the list Fran provided according to malus' stats.
To every person saying that they scumread Ketkat, there's another one jumping in with shallow "Everyone scumreads her, so this feels wrong" lines. malus did this. turmoil did this. You did this. Pirate Bae went to bat about it.

You have at least 4 players defending Ketkat who claim to be doing so because no one is defending Ketkat. That's literally what my post was about. It's making me think that Ket is town, and that we'd get at least two scum down if we shot the four of you.

Who called the semantics police
You, with that question. How would you get your vote back if the day will end when he uses his powers?

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
This seems like a cop out to not have to commit to anything.
It does, but I'll straight up say that I would vote for Turmoil right now otherwise. Second would be Fantomas. But the self-vote pretty much ties into Fran because...

ok but therers a possibility fran won't use the override
Precisely. And if he doesn't, then isn't that interesting? He created a vacuum of a day with his early role claim and statement that he would 100% use the override. So what happens if he doesn't? What happens if he survives to D3 with this apparent ability?

That is why.

16 / 30

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Will third or fourth the calls for malus to explain the stats post. Numbers with nothing else are meaningless. And to steal his words, it's ALSO a cop out (it was the numbers! Not me!).

Zubz melting away when pressured. Do not like.

AB doing more today makes me feel marginally better but there is an odd tenor to his posts and the way he's flowing around others that I don't like.

It snowed a ton here and my power and internet are acting up, just FYI. I also have to try to run errands so here's hoping I don't end up in a snow bank.

People I definitely want to keep are Kyan, cabot, Sorian (god help us), and Natiko. Sneeks pending. Feel uncertain of many. Ready for tomorrow. Will try to be back by end of day unless my utilities give up the ghost.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
It does, but I'll straight up say that I would vote for Turmoil right now otherwise. Second would be Fantomas. But the self-vote pretty much ties into Fran because...

Precisely. And if he doesn't, then isn't that interesting? He created a vacuum of a day with his early role claim and statement that he would 100% use the override. So what happens if he doesn't? What happens if he survives to D3 with this apparent ability?

That is why.

16 / 30
We vote him and if he doesn't use the override then, he'll probably flip scum.

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Well, if the pushback agaisnt KetKat lync is so tangible, I'd switch for her instead of Pirate Bae. I don't really see it that clear and I'd rather get Pirate first since I think we get more info out if it, but yeah.

Fran doesn't "shoot" anyone, he lynches them.
Who called the semantics police
Huh? Not sure I follow. What do you mean about your vote being invalidated? All votes will continue there, they just won't matter if Fran overrides the lynch. That's it.

Flux self voting for no apparent reason threw a lot of the good will he had gained this phase out through the window.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
What happened to Pirate Bae? Actually, going back to your latest reads list, how comes she was one of your top scum reads at the start of this day phase, but then got demoted to "null"?

Am I missing something? Who are all these people defending KetKat?

And also, could you then provide a current summary for your reasoning for lynching KetKat? Because what I had kept track of was saying that "feels scummy".

15 / 30
At the start of the day, it was based on me looking back through D1 and feeling like she was throwing out half baked reads. Like I said, could have been because she wasn't able to keep up with the thread and was skimming, or that it was because she was Scum and trying to confuse people.

Today, she has been keeping up with the thread, and I think she has a firm place in the discussions today which she did not have yesterday. I know where she stands, even if I disagree with her about Ketkat, I agree with her about Chuggernaut. I made a mention to Natiko when he was saying her defense of Ketkat was a red flag that I did not see it that way. I do still want to see her full read list that she said she would post today. I'm keeping my eye on her, but she's not a top scum read anymore based on today.

The people defending Ketkat:
Ketkat: Clearly operating solo, like I am. There's no guiding hand there. Combined with her lack of presence (despite still having several posts) and hard stances, this makes her an easy target for scum to gun for without looking suspicious themselves. I find this push towards her unconvincing, when the main reasons are the aforementioned, but when there are other players here that would also fit or be even more appropriate. Her responses haven't conveyed ulterior motives, and they've been pretty open and brash.
KetKat: (...) Result: tentative town read, just above null.
Ketkat: I can see where some of the arguments against Ketkat are coming from with the way she seems to be dodging a read list, but I have to agree with what some others are saying. She feels like the easy lynch for scum to get behind which makes me very nervous. I also thought her read on Fanto was pretty good. A flip from her would either completely destroy most of my reads or help them a lot so I wouldn't be completely against seeing the flip from Ketkat, but I would rather not kill her as of right now.
KetKat: I'm always a bit suspicious if many people seem to scum read the same player, because if no one opposes the scum read it means scum is okay with it. On the other hand I guess scum wouldn't want to seem to be defending one of their own too vehemently.
ketkat is low hanging fruit
My summary for wanting Ketkat the most is that she has done the least of anyone to try solving this game. Most of her posts are about herself, or about CeeCee the claimed Town Vig. She rarely shows up without people quoting her or tagging her and asking her a question. There is no reason for me to think she is on the side of Town when she does nothing to help us try to solve this game.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
VOTE: malus

I guess it's pretty easy to ignore someone calling you out multiple times when they can't actually get you lynched, huh.

This also goes to Pirate Bae and turmoil. Flux at least responded to me, albeit seemingly without understanding what I meant.

Add Zubz to those four and you have my biggest scumreads right now. I'm looking forward to seeing how you all behave when democracy and scrutiny come back.