• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I want everyone to rank this list from "If he isn't scum I will eat my hat" to "WTF are you smoking? He is no way scum":

Pirate Bae, Ketkat, CeeCee, Chuggs, Turmoil, Blarg, Fantomas, Rac.

I touched on it a little bit when you asked me to explain, but I'll put it together for easier viewing here too. A lot of these aren't strong reads by any means, but this is the order I would put them in.

Town
Pirate Bae
Chuggs
Turmoil
Rac
Blarg
CeeCee
Fantomas
Scum

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
[14/30]

Can you explain your reasoning for Blarg being the least scummy here? He has been weirdly helpful and invested in this game, but that always makes me feel like he's a little scummier, but I never can read him it feels like. He's been completely absent this day phase as well

Town!Blarg and Scum!Blarg will shit post no matter what, the only major difference is Town!Blarg has a semblance of order underneath all of his silly posts. it's what I see here right now. I wouldn't say he is my tip top Town read but I feel safer about him than most.

Any thoughts/comments on my post about you?

[07/30]
Blargonaut is asking everyone alive to sacrifice one (1) post each, asking him the most pertinent question they have on their respective minds.
How does it feel to have a game based around you and your escapades in trying to destroy the space-time continuum?

Sorry guys, my phone died and it's been a super busy day. I promise to catch up tomorrow. I read your q sawneeks and the answer is no, I actually flipped my read earlier than that, I'll elaborate tomorrow.

No worries, looking forward to it. :>

1. Yeah, I don't really like doing that either, but I honestly don't have that much to go off right now. I like having votes and some scum flips and I don't have either of those right now. I do want to be noted that a lot of players that I listed as town have reads that I don't really agree with either. They just feel the most town to me.

2. Oh, my first list isn't actually in any order. It's just a glob of null reads or town reads. I wouldn't say one is more likely then the other.

I just noticed that in the first list you had rac as lean town and Blarg as null, then flipped the order for the second list with Blarg being closer to town than rac.

Oh, I think I just goofed on the order of Blarg and rac in my second list. rac is probably closer to null then the rest of my lean towns. They're both people who I would rather not kill though.

Now is this a slip or an honest townie mistake

giphy.gif

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
[14/30]

Town!Blarg and Scum!Blarg will shit post no matter what, the only major difference is Town!Blarg has a semblance of order underneath all of his silly posts. it's what I see here right now. I wouldn't say he is my tip top Town read but I feel safer about him than most.

Any thoughts/comments on my post about you?

How does it feel to have a game based around you and your escapades in trying to destroy the space-time continuum?

No worries, looking forward to it. :>

Now is this a slip or an honest townie mistake

giphy.gif
Bit of WIFOM. I kind of think scum would be more likely to be careful to avoid things like that, but I don't know how Chuggs plays scum to say for sure.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
I'm asking for your response because Fantomas makes a very good point: It could be coincidence, but there is the possibility that since you were the first person to suspect her, you kind of began the train on her, so to speak. And that, to me, is suspicious because, as I said, she's an easy target and has been from the very beginning.
I'm not sure that's how this works. If I'm scum I first look who has suspicions on whom and try to fester the suspicions that are helpful for me. So I wouldn't want to be the first to scum read someone but rather kind of agree with someone else after they have made a scum read. Also an easy target to me is someone that is already heavily scum read, because you can just agree with everyone instead of having to come up with reasons for yourself.

I want everyone to rank this list from "If he isn't scum I will eat my hat" to "WTF are you smoking? He is no way scum":

Town

Fantomas: I like his effort so far and he has made some good points. Sometimes his reads seem a bit superficial, but we really don't have much information to work with, so I don't blame him for that.

Blarg: Sometimes I can see a bit of consciousness shine through the madness and it gives me hope. Seriously though he has made some good posts without provocation, while in GoT (where he was scum) he only backed down from his antics when he was an actual contender to be lynched for it.

Chuggs: I'm kind of meh on the role claim, but otherwise has made a solid impression so far.

CeeCee: With the new revelations on his role he could honestly fall on both sides for me. For now I'm more leaning town because I can't come up with a reason why scum would do that, but then that might also have been the plan all along.

KetKat: I'm always a bit suspicious if many people seem to scum read the same player, because if no one opposes the scum read it means scum is okay with it. On the other hand I guess scum wouldn't want to seem to be defending one of their own too vehemently.

Rac: Seems to be constantly catching up, so not much contribution today, but what he posted made me feel more like town than scum.

Turmoil: He hasn't contributed much today and what he said didn't give me much confidence.

Pirate Bae: This is mostly gut feeling. I feel like she's throwing some half baked shade around to see what sticks.

Scum

I feel like on day 1 with very little information, so this list is mostly based on just gut reading.

[07/30]
Blargonaut is asking everyone alive to sacrifice one (1) post each, asking him the most pertinent question they have on their respective minds.
Do you think we should get rid of CeeCee?

cabot

Oct 25, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
Yo, ketkat has been discussed as a scum lynch for a while, and while there are people who strongly agree, a lot more just have her in the vague scumread but not priority department.

We can't test the theory of ketkat as fave lynch because we have our votes taken from us. Feels like a little bit of a weird conclusion to make right now.

Ketkat is Bae your most town on that list because she's protecting you?

She could easily be pocketing you.

cabot

Oct 25, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland

I won't be posting again until I see Fran indicating that he's going to be overriding soon.

I'm sure you're all devastated by such news.

Town
Fantomas
Rac
Chuggs
CeeCee
Blarg
Turmoil
Pirate Bae
Ketkat
Scum

Fanto is my only town read in this list, Rac is a slight town lean, and chuggs onwards is null or scum.

OP
OP
The Bear

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 2 VOTES ====
Day Start

ketkat (1 votes)
cabot - #2,609

blargonaut (1 votes)
blargonaut - #2,636

Post Counts:
cabot: 23 thechuggernaut: 19 dr. monkey: 18 natiko: 17 brazil: 15 sorian: 15 pirate bae: 15 fran: 14 sawneeks: 14 fantomas: 13 blargonaut: 13 fluxwavez: 13 ketkat: 10 kyanrute: 10 rac: 9 faddy: 9 ceecee: 8 zubz: 8 grizzly: 7 fandorin: 6 fireblend: 6 malus: 6 absolutbro: 5 turmoil7: 4 lone_prodigy: 2 geno: 1

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Reminder:

Please note that the usual minimum rule of 10 posts is still in place as well.

Last edited:

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
CeeCee/Chuggs I lean to believe the claims
Fanto, Could a Blarg write that much and not indulge on contradictions later on? Only time could tell
Blarg
Ketkat
Pirate Bae
rac

Actually the last three could be any order I don't have strong reads on them, ketkat is low hanging fruit, voted for alignment unknown Brazil, rac didn't vote, nobody voted for Bae when Fanto and me where voting for her yesterday, she voted for zubz and never change her vote either, I will go with rac out of a gut read

Blarg self voted, I think it can be a town lean, the absolute worst case here is we mislynching today(like, killing a townie by voting instead of Override), then Fran killing town tomorrow, he would use it because lots of people would be out for his neck after D2, he fail nailing scum on D3, we get into D4 with the D1 vote tally as only real vote, I think it may be mitigation, trying to avoid that scenario, like, "I dare you Fran to not use your power today". Alternatively, I am going insane trying to make sense of Blarg.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
Right now I'm leaning to lynch either Pirate Bae, Turmoil or CeeCee.

I don't like how Pirate Bae is wasting more time defending Ketkat that trying to solve the game. I was thinking the same thing that Cabot, that she could be scum pocketing a townie Ketkat to say "I told you so" when she flips town. I also find her interactions with Fantomas weird. Fantomas goes from someone who he could make a good read to someone who he don't think he could make a good read, from town to scum. A lot of flip flopping there. It looks like Fantomas is trying to avoid giving a read of Pirate Bae. Also there was a weird vote from Turmoil to Pirate Bae D1 which seemed out of nowhere. If Pirate Bae flips scum I think they both could be their scum partners and Ketkat is likely town.

I feel that CeeCee is a scum JOAT and he just panicked D1.5. I see where everyone goes when they say "he wouldn't have called the shot if he were scum" but that is WIFOM. The suspicious thing is how he reacted to all the situation. He threatened Stan to avoid a lynch saying that he had an important role, didn't worked and instead to do a full claim and kill a suspicious player he killed the most trusted townie. Then he lied with his role and today he was very relunctant to answer questions. Also this would be a flip that could give us some info. Everyone has talked about CeeCee/Sophia so knowing his role could help make some reads. I'm particularly interested to reread Brazil, Sorian and Faddy after CeeCee flips.

I think that Turmoil has done barely anything to help town during the game. He has some weird interactions with Fando and Febe during D1 and his weird fixation with Rac that could easily be a bus. The only thing that makes me doubt that he may not be scum is that almost everyone has him as their top/near top scum so either the rest of the scum team decided that he would be their sacrificial pawn and bus the hell out of him or they are jumping on an easy lynch.

I'm still in the Ketkat and Chuggs are scum team but I'm leaning to not lynch them today because I feel both of them are dead ends. Ketkat has barely talked about anyone besides herself or Pirate Bae, and between those 2 I would prefear to lynch Pirate Bae as it seems like a flip that could give us more info.

Chuggs has barely said anything about anyone besides me. And I know my aligment so I don't care much about that. He made a weird read from Malus but to me it seems like a forced read on a townie player. Then he has a lot of posts sheeping other players opinion which is bad but it barely gives us info. The claim sounds really fake and something that scum will claim so they have a cover when they aren't killed during the night phase.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
You know what's even more of a low-hanging fruit than scumreading Ketkat?

Ketkat is low hanging fruit. She's a fairly inactive target with little to no strong, concrete posts. Easy for people to call her scummy just because of this.
ketkat is low hanging fruit, voted for alignment unknown Brazil

Blarg self voted, I think it can be a town lean, the absolute worst case here is we mislynching today(like, killing a townie by voting instead of Override), then Fran killing town tomorrow, he would use it because lots of people would be out for his neck after D2, he fail nailing scum on D3, we get into D4 with the D1 vote tally as only real vote, I think it may be mitigation, trying to avoid that scenario, like, "I dare you Fran to not use your power today". Alternatively, I am going insane trying to make sense of Blarg.
Ketkat: Clearly operating solo, like I am. There's no guiding hand there. Combined with her lack of presence (despite still having several posts) and hard stances, this makes her an easy target for scum to gun for without looking suspicious themselves. I find this push towards her unconvincing, when the main reasons are the aforementioned, but when there are other players here that would also fit or be even more appropriate. Her responses haven't conveyed ulterior motives, and they've been pretty open and brash.
KetKat: I'm always a bit suspicious if many people seem to scum read the same player, because if no one opposes the scum read it means scum is okay with it. On the other hand I guess scum wouldn't want to seem to be defending one of their own too vehemently.
Claiming the lack of defense for her as justification for your own defense of her, while multiple other players do the same. This honestly tells me more about you than it does about Ket herself.

Between those:

Scum

turmoil
Pirate Bae
Ketkat
CeeCee
rac
Chugger
Blarg
Fantomas

Town

[07/30]
Why isn't the protagonist doing anything today?

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
I meant to quote this part separately - c'mon, man. Blarg self-voting today means absolutely nothing when he knows Fran is going to override and that he isn't even being floated around as an option.

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
I feel like with Turmoil's post count, I shouldn't even need to bother voting for him lol

9/30

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
This is my No Nulls Allowed read list. Honestly I think Fandorin has the right idea there, I need to remove that word from my Mafia vocabulary.

Ordered from most to least townie, until you get to the Scum section which is just scummy.

Comments on each tier at the end.

Town:
Cabot
Natiko
Fran
Sorian
Faddy

Seems Town:
Brazil
Kyanrute
Dr. Monkey
Sawneeks
CeeCee
Blargonaut

The Coasters:
malus
Zubz
AbsolutBro
Lone_Prodigy

Keeping An Eye On Them:
Fandorin
Rac
FluxWaveZ
Pirate Bae

Probably Scum But Wouldn't Lynch Today:
Fireblend
turmoil7

Would Lynch Today:
KetKat
TheChuggernaut

The Town section is mainly comprised of people who read naturally Towny to me because of how much effort they seem to be putting in to trying to solve the game. Fran is also there because I believe his role claim to be Town, both in the role itself and in how he handled it. Faddy hasn't had much to say on D2 so I don't feel as good about that one, but even so, these are my strongest Town reads.

The Seems Town section holds the people who appear to be Town, but that I would not move into my actual Town section with the stronger reads. Monkey is the definition of Seems Town; Saw feels pretty much the same as does Brazil. I went over Kyanrute in my reread post about him, but I wouldn't put him in the same tier as my stronger Town reads. CeeCee is here because I do think he's most likely to just be Town because that feels like the simplest answer, but I'm not ready to just clear him of being a Neutral/Scum. I'll give Blarg a read here on D2 like I said I would, he Seems Town to me, would like to see how he plays during a day phase with relatively normal posting/voting rules though.

The Coasters are the people who can skate by with 10 posts a day. I feel best about Malus in this list, he's putting in the most effort out of this group, but it's the company he chooses to keep. Zubz I honestly do get a good vibe from overall even with the sheepy reads, but if I have to sort them somewhere, this is the best spot for me to put them. Still not much to work with from AB, obviously if he's busy in real life it's no big deal, just want more thoughts from him. *Insert snarky comment about LP replacing Nin replacing Kawl here*

Keeping An Eye On Them are the people that I feel I need to, well, keep a closer eye on in order to continue forming a read on them as well as give a reread to when I get the chance. Fandorin gives me the best vibes out of the group, but I really need to go back and reread his posts because I feel like he's going unnoticed by the room sometimes. With Rac, I think it was Sorian who made a point about him that I liked, which was that although he does ask some questions and prod around, which I had been thinking towny thoughts about, he doesn't seem to follow up much, which is a fair point. FluxWave is kind of a mystery to me still even after my reread on him, so he needs to stay here for more observation. Pirate Bae I need to give a full reread to, but overall it's hard for me to get a solid grasp on where she's coming from until I see her play in a relatively normal day where we can post and vote as much as we all want.

Probably Scum But Wouldn't Lynch Today are the scum reads that I feel less certain about basically, Lean Scum maybe, but with a longer name that puts my stance down on the day's target. Fireblend is trending scummier in my mind for a few reasons. I made a note about how he interacted with Flux on D1.5, but never really followed up with him again from what I recall. Turmoil doesn't read very townish to me at all, maybe like 10% of his posts seem legit. I'll need to give FB a full reread soon, but either way as the name of the tier suggests, I would not want to see either of these two gone yet.

Would Lynch Today are the people I am most sure about being Scum. I doubt I really need to repeat my reasons as I've made them clear for hours and hours to you all. I am positive that if one of these two is the target today, we will hit Scum. If it were really up to me, I'd go Ketkat first because I think there are more answers to be had there in general, but Chugg is also a very worthy target.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017

SCUM
Ketkat
Chugg
Turmoil
Pirate Bae
Rac
Blargonaut
CeeCee
TOWN

[07/30]
Have you ever played Life is Strange?

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry for the disappearing act. Yesterday was harsh and I went out later, so couldn't really read or post much. Will be here until Day End though.

man, okay, Fando, I'm about to be Pedantic Monkey, Queen of Nitpicks here (but also your English is more than fine from all the times I've played with you, btw). nin often says he's going to have big catchup posts; sometimes they happen, sometimes they don't. You also post a lot more than nin, usually, in terms of volume-in-post and volume-by-post, so your struggles aren't nin's struggles. That's fine, though; I get what you're saying and I'd write it off here but then you basically say JK IT WAS USELESS WE'LL GET A REPLACEMENT LA LA LA which begs the question: if what you were saying doesn't matter, why say it at all?

side-eye engaged.

Really old post, but I don't think it was an useless observation. It was on my mind and I thought I'd share it. Maybe others had similar thoughts and could've agree with me on it too.

Just thought that it wouldn't be cool for the new player on the slot (btw, welcome L_P! ) that this type of argument got waved in his face later, since it's not something that can be actually discussed.

Faddy please answer this

I've also noticed that Sorian, Monkey and Natiko occupy a very similar portion of my brain in all the games we play together. I don't know if it's due to respect or what, but I just can't settle on one particular way to feel about them, so I end up suspecting them non-stop. I was wrong about this in Mini Mafia IIII, but here I am once again. These are the only three players that always throw me for a loop like this, and I frankly hate that they're all here together.

I thought that Monkey reacting to cabot's (?) observation about Fandorin's joke about Sophia felt forced, and it's crossed my mind a couple of times that Natiko may be trying to pocket me.

I thought Monkey's reaction to that weird a bit weird as well. However, like Zordon once advised in a scum chat, I can't see what Scum! Monkey would gain with her reaction to that. She didn't push me, just silently made note of it and downgraded her town read on me a bit, and I don't think that's something worth pointing out later on either.

If he isn't scum I will eat my hat

KetKat
Pirate Bae
rac
turmoil7
CeeCee
Fantomas
Chuggs
Blargonaut

WTF are you smoking? He is no way scum

This probably doesn't align exactly with my past reads list, so a few more recent comments on them:
Hard for me to decide between KetKat and Pirate Bae as the scummiest. I'll echo the thread's sentiment that KetKat's contributions have been sub-par, with dozens more posts defending herself than actually scum hunting. Sawneeks's ISO read on her is also telling and she has a few contradictory posts. At the same time, I can see where Flux is coming from when he pointed out that she's "a lone wolf" in the game, not minding much of the heat and just expressing her thoughts on whatever gets her attention (sorta like he does). This could just be the effects of a early scum bus though, removing her from the rest of the group plays and mindshare. She's the top scum read to me.

At the same time, I agree wholeheartedly about how suspicious Bae has been about defending KetKat. Natiko pointed out the stark contrast between her other reads and the long thought post she made defending KetKat, and later others (I remember Kyan) mentioned this looked like a scum player building up a townie to gain some credit later when the later flips. This makes a lot of sense considering the thread is still very much for a KetKat lynch and was even more so back then. I confess I don't think I've read a response to all this from Pirate Bae, so I'll need to look for it later.

rac is still being his usual grumpy rac without adding much. I mentioned he seemed to always be present to defend himself and throw shade in the general direction of those that scum read him some way, and believe that still rings true.

turmoil feels like he landed completely flat on the ground this game. He turned the tides and won my very first mafia game almost single handily, so I've come to expect a lot from him, but I really don't see that here. I know he likes to solve the game using balance and looking for soft claims and breadcrumbs to come up with solid reads and not budge on them, but so far none of that. I'm still leaning town right now, but really a hard read.

CeeCee is a mess. I don't think I ever bought that he had 2 more shots left, but I was surprised when he said he has none.
Balance talk: for now I'm scratching him as Town Vigilante considering we have no counter claim and only 1 night kill at N1. In a game this size, I don't think scum can only kill via it's factional command, so other kill mechanics should be in place. If we get confirmation that scum can kill 2 people per phase (e.g. 2 town kills at night; someone claims some sort of protection at night, like a wasted bulletproof vest or a doctor save), that would solidify CeeCee as our Town Vig. However if that doesn't happen and we instead keep getting Nights with a single kill, I think there would be a high chance that CeeCee gambited hard and is actually a Scum Vig.

Fantomas is so-so. He's very active and contributing a lot, but nothing he posted so far stuck to me. Could be I'm just not paying that much attention to him so far, but it's something that's on my mind. Neeks said that he could be playing like she does as scum, posting a lot and sharing a bunch of artificial reads, and that could be well be it. At the same time, just as Neeks did I liked how he bumped me and her down to Null reads without bringing attention to it; felt like he didn't need to shove his reads down the thread and was just being honest about his reads. Liked how he owned it up too.

I will do an ISO on Chuggs. I sweat it. But right now, I'm reading him as a bumbling townie afraid of getting overridden who claimed too soon and wanted to share his reads. The confusion with his reads lists and response to the Fran list is also giving me townie vibes. Looks like a honest mistake that a scum player would pay more attention to. WIFOM at the end, yeah, but I'm leaning town.

I just noticed that in the first list you had rac as lean town and Blarg as null, then flipped the order for the second list with Blarg being closer to town than rac.
Oh, I think I just goofed on the order of Blarg and rac in my second list. rac is probably closer to null then the rest of my lean towns. They're both people who I would rather not kill though.

If Fran leans more towards his lynch today I'll work this read up.

Finally, I'm not really town reading Blarg, but I want more of him before consider his lynch. He is very contained for D2 and that could be worrying.

[07/30]

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
CeeCee is a mess. I don't think I ever bought that he had 2 more shots left, but I was surprised when he said he has none.
Balance talk: for now I'm scratching him as Town Vigilante considering we have no counter claim and only 1 night kill at N1. In a game this size, I don't think scum can only kill via it's factional command, so other kill mechanics should be in place. If we get confirmation that scum can kill 2 people per phase (e.g. 2 town kills at night; someone claims some sort of protection at night, like a wasted bulletproof vest or a doctor save), that would solidify CeeCee as our Town Vig. However if that doesn't happen and we instead keep getting Nights with a single kill, I think there would be a high chance that CeeCee gambited hard and is actually a Scum Vig.

CeeCee could be a JOAT with several 1-shot killing abilities. Maybe he use his Day kill D1 because he was afraid he would be lynched without being able to use his role.

If CeeCee isn't the lynch today and we have a double lynch tomorrow or someone poisoned I think that we should lynch him.

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
CeeCee could be a JOAT with several 1-shot killing abilities. Maybe he use his Day kill D1 because he was afraid he would be lynched without being able to use his role.

If CeeCee isn't the lynch today and we have a double lynch tomorrow or someone poisoned I think that we should lynch him.
Agreed. When I was typing that post I was thinking of my scum role in Marvel where I was a ∞ - shots Day Vigilante and could do it secretly from the scum chat every day, but that would be insanely strong in this game so yeah, a Scum JOAT or Vigilante fit for CeeCee.

[09/30]

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

I don't like how Pirate Bae is wasting more time defending Ketkat that trying to solve the game. I was thinking the same thing that Cabot, that she could be scum pocketing a townie Ketkat to say "I told you so" when she flips town. I also find her interactions with Fantomas weird. Fantomas goes from someone who he could make a good read to someone who he don't think he could make a good read, from town to scum. A lot of flip flopping there. It looks like Fantomas is trying to avoid giving a read of Pirate Bae. Also there was a weird vote from Turmoil to Pirate Bae D1 which seemed out of nowhere. If Pirate Bae flips scum I think they both could be their scum partners and Ketkat is likely town.

I feel that CeeCee is a scum JOAT and he just panicked D1.5. I see where everyone goes when they say "he wouldn't have called the shot if he were scum" but that is WIFOM. The suspicious thing is how he reacted to all the situation. He threatened Stan to avoid a lynch saying that he had an important role, didn't worked and instead to do a full claim and kill a suspicious player he killed the most trusted townie. Then he lied with his role and today he was very relunctant to answer questions. Also this would be a flip that could give us some info. Everyone has talked about CeeCee/Sophia so knowing his role could help make some reads. I'm particularly interested to reread Brazil, Sorian and Faddy after CeeCee flips.

I think that Turmoil has done barely anything to help town during the game. He has some weird interactions with Fando and Febe during D1 and his weird fixation with Rac that could easily be a bus. The only thing that makes me doubt that he may not be scum is that almost everyone has him as their top/near top scum so either the rest of the scum team decided that he would be their sacrificial pawn and bus the hell out of him or they are jumping on an easy lynch.

I'm still in the Ketkat and Chuggs are scum team but I'm leaning to not lynch them today because I feel both of them are dead ends. Ketkat has barely talked about anyone besides herself or Pirate Bae, and between those 2 I would prefear to lynch Pirate Bae as it seems like a flip that could give us more info.

Chuggs has barely said anything about anyone besides me. And I know my aligment so I don't care much about that. He made a weird read from Malus but to me it seems like a forced read on a townie player. Then he has a lot of posts sheeping other players opinion which is bad but it barely gives us info. The claim sounds really fake and something that scum will claim so they have a cover when they aren't killed during the night phase.

I've had some weird theories before so I guess I can't throw stones from the glass house or whatever the saying is but the scum JOAT thing is such a weird focus. I don't think it changes that scum got a free kill D1 with little to no thought, luck, or counter required/available. In the interest of pointing out tunnels to, we have to think about Chuggs claim in relation to CeeCee's. Aside from the bad time of the claim, why does Chuggs claim sound really fake to you? Regardless of CeeCee's alignment, town needs a BP just to be a safety counter.

------

Thought I would have more to quote talk about but we're kind of re-litigating old ground. I assume lack of activity is because people are waiting for Fran to make a move. My posting might be inconsistent today and near day end, I screwed up my sleep schedule for agdq so I don't know when I'm sleeping again today.

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yo, ketkat has been discussed as a scum lynch for a while, and while there are people who strongly agree, a lot more just have her in the vague scumread but not priority department.

We can't test the theory of ketkat as fave lynch because we have our votes taken from us. Feels like a little bit of a weird conclusion to make right now.

Ketkat is Bae your most town on that list because she's protecting you?

She could easily be pocketing you.

No, while it is nice to have someone who isn't out to kill me, that's not the reason she's at the top of my list. She's trying to get people to look elsewhere and broaden our horizons, and I do like that and see it as towny. I feel like scum are more likely to just jump onto the current trains, especially ones like me where just so many people are already on it. I don't entirely agree with all of her reads, like wanting to flip Chuggs to see if he's really a town BP or not, but out of that list, she's the towniest imo.

[13/30]
Still want to ISO: Zubz and rac. Might go for Chuggs and Flux, depends on time. Gonna be busy soon so these won't be until much later.

KetKat:

Just jokes around a bit for the first bit of Day 1 and doesn't change up much until #696 where people have called her out for being 'too jokey'. In that same post she says she would not want to vote people into the Godking role that could use it for Scum purposes and 'get away with it'. However, in the same exact post she states: " . I think that it's important to pick someone who we feel suspicious about in some way that we feel we can actually for sure gain something from." She gives Blarg as an example as someone who she is suspicious of but feels could get away with the Godking role as Scum because he doesn't answer questions directly. Expands on this to Monkey/Sorian in #711

Comes back in later and questions why Stan and Brazil have so many votes, though isn't against it. Does mention that she wouldn't vote in anyone who would want her dead like cabot. #1470

Fanto asks for reads. Gives Fanto because of the way they 'spread doubt' about others. Completely admits that this is how they, Ket, played in Conspiracy. Also sheeps CeeCee scum read. #1667

#1936. Says that she does not like leashing someone that people think is Neutral/Scum. Says that this gives them more opportunities to harm Town than anything as they can turn on us. Which is interesting as this somewhat contradicts her later statement at #2426 where she says if CeeCee shoots someone we want today then it would alleviate her concerns of him. I even ask her to clarify in #2470 and she doubles down on it. I..sort of see the reasoning here but it makes very little sense. She doesn't want to leash someone that people think is Anti-Town but goes on later to say if CeeCee does what they say then she would trust him more. It doesn't feel like she is willing to entertain the idea of a Scum/neutral!CeeCee blowing up whoever we want so he can stay alive. Feels like a weird omission from someone who I generally feel is a logical player.

Conclusion: Probably Scum. Not much solving, only sparse posts that have little new thoughts to them, and contradictory posts.

There's really not much I have to say about this, but I can see what you mean by the contradictory posts involving CeeCee. I had never really considered leashing a Neutral/Scum before this game, so some of it is my thoughts changing the more I think about it. I'm largely uncomfortable with trying to leash someone like that because I do see the potential for more harm than good, but there are scenarios where it could be helpful/make me feel better is all I was trying to get at. I don't think that really helps make things clearer, but that's really all I can say about that. At this point, CeeCee is saying he's a 1-shot, so I'm more focused on that side of him now.

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
Burning a post to say that I was wondering who would break the vote embargo first and I assume it wouldn't be scum so I'll give cabot that point.
Why would who voted first make a difference when we have all indications of an override being used? Cabot himself even admitted his frustration to having essentially pointless votes two days in a row.

And here's a one line post because I'm not getting anywhere close to 30 lololol zing gotem shots fired
I know this is meant as a zinger, but it did make me consider how easy it would have been for scum to fill up on fluff or agreement posts to avoid getting caught out. It would be easy enough to say "oops, couldn't answer, ran out of posts".

Not many super strong feelings on this list.

Town
---------
Ceecee - I largely believe the claim, and the follow up reasoning for lying about their claim. Do the best with what you have and all that.

Rac - He's questioning, he's engaged for rac (lolz pot kettle I know). Scum rac always feels more abrasive and defensive than he seems here.

Blarg - Were there more people in the list, Blarg might be in the dead center. Leaning only slightly more towards town than null, because I feel like Blarg has been rather low-key for Blarg.

Chuggs - The last couple games I played had Chuggernaut in them and both times he was town. His play both times felt similar to his play here. I think the early fight with you, Fran, felt town/town despite its similarity to TMBG.

Pirate Bae -
Ketkat - My last post had my feelings on Pirate Bae and Ketkat and little has changed. They're lower on the list because the range from the top town to the bottom town isn't very far. Fractions of a point.

Turmoil - Weakish read. I dunno how much I buy the panic at the modifiers thing from day start, seems like a solid way to burn a few posts without saying much. Still don't get the Geno thing, but that's been gone over. You could read the defense of Zubz's situation (not wanting to vote for someone who isn't around) as a defense of the player, but that might be a stretch. Then again, ExtremeTactician might take issue with that given how many times it's happened...

Fantomas - Some gut, admittedly, but Fanto seems always ready with a post to cast doubt on someone. 598 starts us off with "they might be scum buuuuut", 592 is big dicking "i've caught scum you should trust my reads"... it all feels very in your face, and a little disingenuous. 815 is even a "I think this person is scum but not really anymore but maybe". It's the kind of comments that I'd make as scum to be able to defend myself either way ("I said I thought they were still scum!" or "I said they made me think they weren't scum!"). Individually those kind of posts don't mean much, but they pile up into a circumstantial defense. Probably enough for a deep dive.
--------
Scum

What do you think is your best chance for victory?

I'll be in and out today. By EOD I won't be running things here by myself so hopefully i can focus more. You all deserve better play

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
I've had some weird theories before so I guess I can't throw stones from the glass house or whatever the saying is but the scum JOAT thing is such a weird focus. I don't think it changes that scum got a free kill D1 with little to no thought, luck, or counter required/available. In the interest of pointing out tunnels to, we have to think about Chuggs claim in relation to CeeCee's. Aside from the bad time of the claim, why does Chuggs claim sound really fake to you? Regardless of CeeCee's alignment, town needs a BP just to be a safety counter.

It's not balance wise that looks fake (because we know almost nothing about how this game is balanced). It's just that claiming BP is the safest claim that scum could make. It's a claim that gives Chugg a little excuse when scum don't target him during the night phases because no scum would target a BP if they don't have a strongman. I'm always wary about BP claims because of this.

I also have doubts regarding the modifiers. We have a couple of modifiers that may give items (The Price is Right and HvV) and that makes me feel that BP may be a really weak role. Of course that I don't know if those modifiers work like that or the setup but if we use one of those and Grizzly start giving BP and other items I will very suspicious of Chuggs.

Thought I would have more to quote talk about but we're kind of re-litigating old ground. I assume lack of activity is because people are waiting for Fran to make a move. My posting might be inconsistent today and near day end, I screwed up my sleep schedule for agdq so I don't know when I'm sleeping again today.

I already made a list my top 3 candidates. Everyone should comment how they feel about them.

No, while it is nice to have someone who isn't out to kill me, that's not the reason she's at the top of my list. She's trying to get people to look elsewhere and broaden our horizons, and I do like that and see it as towny. I feel like scum are more likely to just jump onto the current trains, especially ones like me where just so many people are already on it. I don't entirely agree with all of her reads, like wanting to flip Chuggs to see if he's really a town BP or not, but out of that list, she's the towniest imo.

Maybe one of the currents trains is her scum partner so she is trying to get people to look elsewhere so we don't lynch them.

Just because she is trying to broaden our horizons doesn't mean that she isn't scum with this many flips.

absolutbro None of those seemed like a scum read. Who are your top scums right now?

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017

SCUM
Rac
Ketkat
Fantomas
Blarg
Turmoil
Pirate Bae
CeeCee
Chuggs
TOWN

I think Rac is the scummiest and I think he has some of the fakest posts in the game. Ketkat has been getting scum read and doesn't feel like she is fighting it. Fantomas is reminding me a lot of conspiracy mafia, it really wouldn't surprise me if he was scum.

Blarg is townie but in the rankings of "no way he is scum" I find it hard to say he is outside his scum range here.

Turmoil is a null read for me.

I think the people above that have been town. PirateBae more because of their interactions with Fantomas. I feel like Fantomas has been trying to pocket them especially with the leadership thing. They definitely aren't together. CeeCee, I still believe my read and no amount of bad play from CeeCee is going to take it away from me. Chuggs I am confident he is town.

[11/30]

Answered monkey already on that part. The people I picked are ones I felt either hadn't commented much on either player or I simply wanted their take on those posts.

As for Fantomas it was a thought that came to me when rethinking the game before bed last night. If you read my post on Fanto I don't Scum Read them, I still Town Read them more than anything. However, there are a few posts that stuck out to me as 'hey, I used to do that' but not strongly enough to start calling for their lynch. I wanted to throw it out there as an observation I made.

Also not sure what to say about me being wrong?? I'm not the only one who was off on those. :x

basically null. kawl really wasn't here much and neither was nin, you're roughly a clean slate and people already dislike you for it.

Fine on Fantomas. I think your reads being wrong and re-evaluating is your strongest town behaviour. So I am giving you townie points for that.

[07/30]

What neutral roles do you think Bear has put in the game?

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017

absolutbro None of those seemed like a scum read. Who are your top scums right now?
Sorry I wasn't clear. The Fantomas read is definitely a scum read. Probably my top scum read atm. Second place would probably be Faddy. Faddy is usually a pretty strong voice and this game he's been both quieter and less direct. His posts are good, don't get me wrong, but nothing that's what I'm used to from super town scum hunter Faddy.

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
And I forgot to respond to the first post I quoted, which was basically to say "while I see your point on ceecee, I think the simpler answer is it's just bad play." I agree the flip would be useful, but I think it's more for confirmation at this point than anything else.

CeeCee

Oct 25, 2017
RE: Fran's list

SCUM
Pirate Bae
Turmoil
Ketkat
Chuggs
Rac
Fanto
Blarg
Me
TOWN

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
much of this is address to the godking since godking holds the keys

absolutbro - did you mistakenly skip Bae or did you have nothing to say there? I'd agree that not much seems like a scumread here. Just kinda Fantomas. Honestly, while I think he's been disengaged from the game for RL reasons, I think I'd put abbro in the shot pool right now if it was me, just to see if he would produce more. We're missing pressure in this game with missing votes.

Fran, I also wish you'd stop assuming items are going to happen. The modifiers we've seen so far have reportedly not matched action in the games, so I don't think we can guess that, especially not when weighing it against considering someone's role in terms of balance and scumminess. It's such a leap. And since you already think/thought Chuggs was scummy, it feels like confirmation bias.

BP is the easiest claim for scum, though, I'll grant you that, next to vanilla at least. Especially when we know there's a(t least one) killing role.

hand-wringing monkey time:

Honestly, Fran, I wish you hadn't announced your override immediately, but I can see why you feel that you had to prove it, since you announced it yesterday. But tbh, it has really killed discussion today and I am concerned that most (though not all) people don't want to stray outside the primary group of suspects, because what's the point? But it has really crushed discussion and without votes, we're even worse. That's not Fran, though - that's the combination of d1 and the d1 and d2 mechanics - just announcing the override up front compounded things a bit.

I expect there's at least one scum in the group that we're targeting, so that's good, at least. I just wonder if we'll hit 'em. I feel weird about ordering because I think some people are more conditional than others or that just scum/not scum is a little lacking in nuance since we don't have vote data for basically anyone. We're shooting blind, again. I think of this list I feel good about rac being town. I feel confident CeeCee isn't mafia, at least, though I struggle with seeing him as town at this point. I don't have the same confident in a town-lean Blarg many of the others have, but Blarg may also be feeling the same malaise as everyone else.

Overarching concerns: people like Ketkat, Chuggs, and CeeCee will be a question mark all game (honestly, Blarg also), unless play changes when the game (hopefully) opens up more fully tomorrow.

Ketkat - Some people have said resolving Ketkat is useless and I disagree. Without votals, I think flipping the players (not just her) that have been most discussed is useful at this point because it gives us something to consider based on how involved people got, or not, with that player and discussions of alignment. This applies equally to Chuggs, CeeCee, and turmoil. Ketkat is a tough case for me because I get squishy and I want to give people the benefit of the doubt but here I can't think of much to point to that's townie. She's on the top of this list but honestly I think I might resolve Chuggs or CeeCee first, only because I'm getting the feeling we might learn more from her tomorrow, like she's starting to engage more, but as someone pointed out earlier, it's all at requests, none of her own steam, and also I don't want to have this discussion again. Basically I hate this game right now and I both feel bad for about half this list and also wish we could clear several of them and move on. We need something that opens up more discussion. Wow, this is not a read. But I've also given my opinions on Ketkat's self-focused play this game before.

Chuggs - See above, but Chuggs did promise more today and has not delivered. This may be RL-related and for that, I'm sorry and my heart goes out to him, but his play this phase has also been self-focused. For me, the big red flag on Chuggs was that he was ready with some strategy - he goaded Fran and then claimed BP. It felt so structured - and not toward solving, but toward forcing Fran to show his cards so Chuggs could counter them. Oof, I think I'm convincing myself to mark Chuggs as most-possibly-scummy here.

CeeCee - I don't think CeeCee is mafia; there's a chance of a scum JOAT, I guess, but man, if so, that mafia thread is lit UP and it will be a read postgame, I'll say that. I do think there's a strong chance CeeCee could be neutral. There's an equally good chance he could be town. At this point, as with the above, flipping him gives us a resolution on him, on reads of him, and removes a question mark. This is the most useful flip, maybe, but I don't think it solves much except to settle questions. It may give us some information on people who've been very vehement about CeeCee, but I don't know if I'm as confident in that. Mostly, I want to see CeeCee trying to solve or be more forthcoming. I think back to CeeCee volunteering to be leashed and if he really is out of shots, that becomes so much less helpful and useful here - less of a townie move. I question his actions at almost every step. The thing I can't resolve is: is this town play that went totally sideways and then snowballed? Or is it self pres moves? If he's a neutral, what's his wincon? Do we believe he's out of shots? Do we believe there's something more to his role? He has given so few reads that he doesn't lead far, but a lot of paths lead TO CeeCee, so that would be helpful at least.

Turmoil - I definitely think turmoil has been weird today. I also think he's the least useful of the flips in this potentially scummy category. If turmoil is scum, bam, good, nailed it. But if we flip a town turmoil, I don't know what we get. I think there have been some legit reasons to put him in scumreads so even those paths aren't fruitful unless combined with something else. Tomorrow will tell there, maybe. Fran, if you really scumread turmoil, I say go here but if you want a pragmatic flip, wait a tick. Maybe I should ISO turmoil. Hmm.

Blarg - Flipping Blarg resolves Blarg. I think that's all. I think that's useful but I'd like to hold judgment until we see how he addresses these questions. I don't see the same things with Blarg as some of the others and I don't really agree with the meta reads I've seen so far; Blarg presented himself as useful in Pineapple Pizza and he was scum. I think he is a BIG question mark. I will say this - if tomorrow becomes a sort of reset, when we actually have regular votes, this isn't a bad question to resolve to open up tomorrow. But we don't know with the modifiers, so big shrug. Pending his answers (if they are answers), we may learn something more. I will say this re: meta, though - I do think the d1 reads on Blarg are useful and I was starting to get town Blarg from d1 here but coming back d2 and doing only gifs for a while reduced that a great deal. I really don't know now. I just really don't.

Pirate Bae - I'm torn here. I can definitely see the arguments for scum and I don't disagree with them. Bae was one of the first people I ever played with and I expect more for her. Here, her play has been scattered and the defense of Ketkat, while interesting, can go a few ways. It may be one way for a less active and engaged player TO engage and I'd hate to lose a town Bae over it if she's right, but it also feels kinda like a stretch. If she's wrong, and we lose a town Bae over a question mark Ketkat, that sucks because it basically hamstrings us for another day as we debate what that means and probably we continue to circle Ketkat. If we flip Ket we can evaluate her flip with Bae and that may be better strategically. If we flip Bae, we don't necessarily learn about Ket, though I guess a scum Bae makes a town Ket slightly more likely since I doubt scumBae would tie herself that firmly to scumKet. But it gets us into wifom for sure.

Fantomas - I'd lean town on Fanto for now. Votes will tell there. I see the arguments and they aren't awful but I think I'd flip some of those who call him scum first.

Rac - I think rac is town. It's partly gut and partly meta, but I see rac's posts here as townie rac, though I reserve the right to change my mind on this when votes open up. Maybe I should ISO him, too, and see if I can make a more concrete argument there.

Maybe one more big one for me before we move into EoD. I'm just feeling very... not great about today at this time.

OP
OP
The Bear

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 2 VOTES ====
Day Start

ketkat (1 votes)
cabot - #2,609

blargonaut (1 votes)
blargonaut - #2,636

Post Counts:
cabot: 23 dr. monkey: 19 thechuggernaut: 19 fran: 17 brazil: 17 natiko: 17 sorian: 16 pirate bae: 15 fantomas: 15 sawneeks: 14 blargonaut: 13 fluxwavez: 13 ketkat: 11 faddy: 10 kyanrute: 10 ceecee: 9 fandorin: 9 zubz: 9 rac: 9 grizzly: 8 absolutbro: 8 fireblend: 6 malus: 6 turmoil7: 5 lone_prodigy: 2 geno: 1

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Quite a few players are under the 10 post mark. Remember that regular activity rules are still in place.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017

I don't have the same takeaways as you, but I personally would pick Bae or turmoil of those options. CeeCee would give us the most info if he's scum, but I don't think he's as likely to flip scum as the other two.

You know what's even more of a low-hanging fruit than scumreading Ketkat?

Claiming the lack of defense for her as justification for your own defense of her, while multiple other players do the same. This honestly tells me more about you than it does about Ket herself.

Between those:

Scum

turmoil
Pirate Bae
Ketkat
CeeCee
rac
Chugger
Blarg
Fantomas

Town

Why isn't the protagonist doing anything today?
A good observation, I did think it was weird too that people were arguing that after my spat with Bae about her blatant defense of Ketkat.

I feel like with Turmoil's post count, I shouldn't even need to bother voting for him lol

9/30
What about Turmoil's post count jumps out at you in comparison to say LP (and predecessors), AB, Ketkat, malus, or dare I say even yourself? You all have less posts still than Sophia did before she subbed out. What a weird comment.

This is my No Nulls Allowed read list. Honestly I think Fandorin has the right idea there, I need to remove that word from my Mafia vocabulary.

Ordered from most to least townie, until you get to the Scum section which is just scummy.

Comments on each tier at the end.

Town:
Cabot
Natiko
Fran
Sorian
Faddy

Seems Town:
Brazil
Kyanrute
Dr. Monkey
Sawneeks
CeeCee
Blargonaut

The Coasters:
malus
Zubz
AbsolutBro
Lone_Prodigy

Keeping An Eye On Them:
Fandorin
Rac
FluxWaveZ
Pirate Bae

Probably Scum But Wouldn't Lynch Today:
Fireblend
turmoil7

Would Lynch Today:
KetKat
TheChuggernaut

The Town section is mainly comprised of people who read naturally Towny to me because of how much effort they seem to be putting in to trying to solve the game. Fran is also there because I believe his role claim to be Town, both in the role itself and in how he handled it. Faddy hasn't had much to say on D2 so I don't feel as good about that one, but even so, these are my strongest Town reads.

The Seems Town section holds the people who appear to be Town, but that I would not move into my actual Town section with the stronger reads. Monkey is the definition of Seems Town; Saw feels pretty much the same as does Brazil. I went over Kyanrute in my reread post about him, but I wouldn't put him in the same tier as my stronger Town reads. CeeCee is here because I do think he's most likely to just be Town because that feels like the simplest answer, but I'm not ready to just clear him of being a Neutral/Scum. I'll give Blarg a read here on D2 like I said I would, he Seems Town to me, would like to see how he plays during a day phase with relatively normal posting/voting rules though.

The Coasters are the people who can skate by with 10 posts a day. I feel best about Malus in this list, he's putting in the most effort out of this group, but it's the company he chooses to keep. Zubz I honestly do get a good vibe from overall even with the sheepy reads, but if I have to sort them somewhere, this is the best spot for me to put them. Still not much to work with from AB, obviously if he's busy in real life it's no big deal, just want more thoughts from him. *Insert snarky comment about LP replacing Nin replacing Kawl here*

Keeping An Eye On Them are the people that I feel I need to, well, keep a closer eye on in order to continue forming a read on them as well as give a reread to when I get the chance. Fandorin gives me the best vibes out of the group, but I really need to go back and reread his posts because I feel like he's going unnoticed by the room sometimes. With Rac, I think it was Sorian who made a point about him that I liked, which was that although he does ask some questions and prod around, which I had been thinking towny thoughts about, he doesn't seem to follow up much, which is a fair point. FluxWave is kind of a mystery to me still even after my reread on him, so he needs to stay here for more observation. Pirate Bae I need to give a full reread to, but overall it's hard for me to get a solid grasp on where she's coming from until I see her play in a relatively normal day where we can post and vote as much as we all want.

Probably Scum But Wouldn't Lynch Today are the scum reads that I feel less certain about basically, Lean Scum maybe, but with a longer name that puts my stance down on the day's target. Fireblend is trending scummier in my mind for a few reasons. I made a note about how he interacted with Flux on D1.5, but never really followed up with him again from what I recall. Turmoil doesn't read very townish to me at all, maybe like 10% of his posts seem legit. I'll need to give FB a full reread soon, but either way as the name of the tier suggests, I would not want to see either of these two gone yet.

Would Lynch Today are the people I am most sure about being Scum. I doubt I really need to repeat my reasons as I've made them clear for hours and hours to you all. I am positive that if one of these two is the target today, we will hit Scum. If it were really up to me, I'd go Ketkat first because I think there are more answers to be had there in general, but Chugg is also a very worthy target.
"I'm going to make a reads list without nulls!" And then slaps coasters right in the middle with no clear alignment. C'mon now lol A null by any other name is still a null.

Sorry for the disappearing act. Yesterday was harsh and I went out later, so couldn't really read or post much. Will be here until Day End though.

Really old post, but I don't think it was an useless observation. It was on my mind and I thought I'd share it. Maybe others had similar thoughts and could've agree with me on it too.

Just thought that it wouldn't be cool for the new player on the slot (btw, welcome L_P! ) that this type of argument got waved in his face later, since it's not something that can be actually discussed.

I thought Monkey's reaction to that weird a bit weird as well. However, like Zordon once advised in a scum chat, I can't see what Scum! Monkey would gain with her reaction to that. She didn't push me, just silently made note of it and downgraded her town read on me a bit, and I don't think that's something worth pointing out later on either.

If he isn't scum I will eat my hat

KetKat
Pirate Bae
rac
turmoil7
CeeCee
Fantomas
Chuggs
Blargonaut

WTF are you smoking? He is no way scum

This probably doesn't align exactly with my past reads list, so a few more recent comments on them:
Hard for me to decide between KetKat and Pirate Bae as the scummiest. I'll echo the thread's sentiment that KetKat's contributions have been sub-par, with dozens more posts defending herself than actually scum hunting. Sawneeks's ISO read on her is also telling and she has a few contradictory posts. At the same time, I can see where Flux is coming from when he pointed out that she's "a lone wolf" in the game, not minding much of the heat and just expressing her thoughts on whatever gets her attention (sorta like he does). This could just be the effects of a early scum bus though, removing her from the rest of the group plays and mindshare. She's the top scum read to me.

At the same time, I agree wholeheartedly about how suspicious Bae has been about defending KetKat. Natiko pointed out the stark contrast between her other reads and the long thought post she made defending KetKat, and later others (I remember Kyan) mentioned this looked like a scum player building up a townie to gain some credit later when the later flips. This makes a lot of sense considering the thread is still very much for a KetKat lynch and was even more so back then. I confess I don't think I've read a response to all this from Pirate Bae, so I'll need to look for it later.

rac is still being his usual grumpy rac without adding much. I mentioned he seemed to always be present to defend himself and throw shade in the general direction of those that scum read him some way, and believe that still rings true.

turmoil feels like he landed completely flat on the ground this game. He turned the tides and won my very first mafia game almost single handily, so I've come to expect a lot from him, but I really don't see that here. I know he likes to solve the game using balance and looking for soft claims and breadcrumbs to come up with solid reads and not budge on them, but so far none of that. I'm still leaning town right now, but really a hard read.

Fantomas is so-so. He's very active and contributing a lot, but nothing he posted so far stuck to me. Could be I'm just not paying that much attention to him so far, but it's something that's on my mind. Neeks said that he could be playing like she does as scum, posting a lot and sharing a bunch of artificial reads, and that could be well be it. At the same time, just as Neeks did I liked how he bumped me and her down to Null reads without bringing attention to it; felt like he didn't need to shove his reads down the thread and was just being honest about his reads. Liked how he owned it up too.

I will do an ISO on Chuggs. I sweat it. But right now, I'm reading him as a bumbling townie afraid of getting overridden who claimed too soon and wanted to share his reads. The confusion with his reads lists and response to the Fran list is also giving me townie vibes. Looks like a honest mistake that a scum player would pay more attention to. WIFOM at the end, yeah, but I'm leaning town.

If Fran leans more towards his lynch today I'll work this read up.

Finally, I'm not really town reading Blarg, but I want more of him before consider his lynch. He is very contained for D2 and that could be worrying.

[07/30]
Agreed. When I was typing that post I was thinking of my scum role in Marvel where I was a ∞ - shots Day Vigilante and could do it secretly from the scum chat every day, but that would be insanely strong in this game so yeah, a Scum JOAT or Vigilante fit for CeeCee.

[09/30]
RE: CeeCee balance - I'm not sure I follow you train of thought. You mention that seeing a second kill at night would solidify your feelings on CeeCee, but I don't really see how. Without knowing the nature of any future kills it's almost impossible to draw strict conclusions from it. Maybe scum have CeeCee as a JOAT, maybe it was just a one shot scum power but they have other forms of killing as well anyways, maybe a neutral killer exists and they have restrictions, etc. I don't know which, if any, of these possibilities are likely which is kind of my point. Just think it's a weird thought to try and derive from.

Why would who voted first make a difference when we have all indications of an override being used? Cabot himself even admitted his frustration to having essentially pointless votes two days in a row.

I know this is meant as a zinger, but it did make me consider how easy it would have been for scum to fill up on fluff or agreement posts to avoid getting caught out. It would be easy enough to say "oops, couldn't answer, ran out of posts".

Not many super strong feelings on this list.

Town
---------
Ceecee - I largely believe the claim, and the follow up reasoning for lying about their claim. Do the best with what you have and all that.

Rac - He's questioning, he's engaged for rac (lolz pot kettle I know). Scum rac always feels more abrasive and defensive than he seems here.

Blarg - Were there more people in the list, Blarg might be in the dead center. Leaning only slightly more towards town than null, because I feel like Blarg has been rather low-key for Blarg.

Chuggs - The last couple games I played had Chuggernaut in them and both times he was town. His play both times felt similar to his play here. I think the early fight with you, Fran, felt town/town despite its similarity to TMBG.

Pirate Bae -
Ketkat - My last post had my feelings on Pirate Bae and Ketkat and little has changed. They're lower on the list because the range from the top town to the bottom town isn't very far. Fractions of a point.

Turmoil - Weakish read. I dunno how much I buy the panic at the modifiers thing from day start, seems like a solid way to burn a few posts without saying much. Still don't get the Geno thing, but that's been gone over. You could read the defense of Zubz's situation (not wanting to vote for someone who isn't around) as a defense of the player, but that might be a stretch. Then again, ExtremeTactician might take issue with that given how many times it's happened...

Fantomas - Some gut, admittedly, but Fanto seems always ready with a post to cast doubt on someone. 598 starts us off with "they might be scum buuuuut", 592 is big dicking "i've caught scum you should trust my reads"... it all feels very in your face, and a little disingenuous. 815 is even a "I think this person is scum but not really anymore but maybe". It's the kind of comments that I'd make as scum to be able to defend myself either way ("I said I thought they were still scum!" or "I said they made me think they weren't scum!"). Individually those kind of posts don't mean much, but they pile up into a circumstantial defense. Probably enough for a deep dive.
--------
Scum

What do you think is your best chance for victory?

I'll be in and out today. By EOD I won't be running things here by myself so hopefully i can focus more. You all deserve better play
RE: Your comment about posts. Is there anyone you think is actually guilty of your suggestion that scum could run up their post count in order to be unable to reply?

RE: Fran's list

SCUM
Pirate Bae
Turmoil
Ketkat
Chuggs
Rac
Fanto
Blarg
Me
TOWN
I'm perplexed by some of these Blarg town reads when he has given us almost nothing this phase. Is this due to his D1 play or do you just not read anyone on this list as outright town?

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Fire equates Geno with AB and nin. Scum. Invalid comparison. Focuses on opinion only instead of observing the whole of the character, missing the actions. Needs to show something to change opinion.

Hey Kyan, this is an old-ish commend but I was re-reading through the day and only noticed it now. Where did I equate Geno to AB/nin?

Okay, remove the whole theoretical Scum!Febe question. You swapped your read on Brazil because of his shot and not much else?

As I said yesterday before leaving, I probably didn't explain myself too well, because I think you're under the impression that it was Brazil's shot that turned around my opinion of his when it that happened throughout late D1 and D1.5. Early on in the game I was down on him because of a combination of activity and what I thought was lower proactiveness than usual:

Ive been sick all day and finally decided to go to bed, so don't expect many posts from me for the rest of the day. That said, I'm wary about Geno, maybe Sophia/CeeCee, Brazil since he doesn't seem to be playing at his usual level (unless that's changed in the last couple pages I haven't read). And Zubz and Fran due to what I said earlier about them coming out of the gate saying they didn't want to be leaders. Got plenty of blond spots, Ketkat, Terra, Pirate Bae and Natiko come to mind when thinking who I'd like to look at next.

Natiko prodded me on my Brazil read in particular and I answered:

People I feel good about, Stan, Cabot, Sorian and Monkey, mostly, second tier would be Blarg and probably some other people that I feel meh on ATM but wouldn't lynch rn. About Brazil, he was a bit inactive during the first part of the day, and that gave me some pause, I like him more after his observation on Fran but I've come to expect more of him. Might be just me.

I don't really have posts for when I started to lean town on him (I was already feeling better about him then), but I'd say it was a general transition towards the play style I recognize from him. I think an important turn for me was noticing this as well:

A note about Turmoil. Brazil posted his list mentioning Turmoil in post #1223. Turmoil voted for Stan in post #1269.

I might be buying my own suspicions a bit too much but that's also why I scumread them currently (turmoil).

My next post after that already had Brazil as a town-read, well before he shot Terra:

People I wouldn't want lynched just yet that I can justify at least a bit, kinda ordered:

Sorian
cabot
Dr. Monkey
Brazil
CeeCee
Sawneeks
Blargonaut
And that's the evolution of my Brazil read.

=======

TOWN

CeeCee
Blarg
Chuggs
Pirate Bae
Fantomas
rac
turmoil

SCUM

It was hard to rate Bae and Fantomas, but I think I'll settle with that list. Very confident about the bottom 2.

I was going to ask you about your thoughts on kawl/nin/LP, but I saw you asked them for a claim and that kinda answers my question. What do you think about Geno being scum's target last night?

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry I wasn't clear. The Fantomas read is definitely a scum read. Probably my top scum read atm. Second place would probably be Faddy. Faddy is usually a pretty strong voice and this game he's been both quieter and less direct. His posts are good, don't get me wrong, but nothing that's what I'm used to from super town scum hunter Faddy.

You know Fantomas is scum reading me and I am scum reading him. Do you reallythik we are bussing each other?

Everyone has been less direct since votes haven't really mattered at all. On day 1 there was a quick cluster of votes between Stan and Brazil, basically ending any wider choice. From then the game has been controlled by the overider. It is hard to push who is scummy and who isn't because there is no voting data to try and see where people are being inconsistent and what narrative they are pushing.

Fran has narrowed his list today which also limits discussion further. Honestly I think Fran should start making his move now. Put some real pressure on who is going to shoot rather than sleep walk like Brazil did into the Terra shot.

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
On mobile and didn't see some posts:

CeeCee : I didnt. Both Pirate Bae and Ketkat were discussed in my previous post so I used the one note in this post for both.

Natiko : there are. First that pops into my head is Flux responding to my "day vig shoot the bp" post to say "Fran points out why this is bad". Like, yeah, I will see that so why spend one of your limited 30 posts to simply echo Fran. Not even a new idea, literally just "what Fran said". I'm sure there are a few more, will try to collect when I'm back are my pc.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
"I'm going to make a reads list without nulls!" And then slaps coasters right in the middle with no clear alignment. C'mon now lol A null by any other name is still a null.
I mean, you could read my words instead of just looking at the list. I know that's a lot to ask though.
I feel best about Malus in this list, he's putting in the most effort out of this group, but it's the company he chooses to keep. Zubz I honestly do get a good vibe from overall even with the sheepy reads, but if I have to sort them somewhere, this is the best spot for me to put them. Still not much to work with from AB, obviously if he's busy in real life it's no big deal, just want more thoughts from him. *Insert snarky comment about LP replacing Nin replacing Kawl here*
Here, let me make it clear for you. The people in that list are ordered from most Townie to Least Townie, like all the other non-Scum lists. My thoughts on the players are in the second quote.
You know Fantomas is scum reading me and I am scum reading him. Do you reallythik we are bussing each other?
Please point me to my scum read on Faddy. I've been town reading him all game.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017

You have at least a few comments hedging on my scumminess. I don't realy kno what to make of it when I see myself still in your top town but the comments don't actually match. That is a very big reason why I am scum reading you.

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
There were some interesting interactions between Fireblend and FluxWave on 1.5. I don't know how to read that entirely though, so since people are giving out some side-eyes to FB today I figured I'd like to get thoughts from people on that. It starts here at post #2113 where FB criticizes Flux for posting catch up thoughts that are no longer relevant to current discussions. Monkey also got on Flux about that, just for the record. It led to a kind of passive-aggressive response from Flux here in #2120. It continues on for a while after that, with FB going back and forth with Flux for a while.
I'm still not loving Flux so far but I feel like those strong opinions you say he's had kinda subsided after my argument with him and he's been pretty unremarkable since. The convo we had on D1.5 kinda died there, and my attention drifted towards other people. I'll note his inclusion of turmoil in his scum read list does make me hesitate on them both being scum, with turmoil being a stronger scumread of mine.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think this day has been a waste but even with the posting limit t could have been more productive.

Reads don't actually matter that much because all people need to do is try and gauge Fran's mood to see if things are going the way they want. So trying to work out who is really pushing who or why they are doing things is impossible. So hey look at this totally symbolic vote and totally not a scum read

VOTE: FluxwaveZ

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
Natiko It's not just Turmoil's post count, it's that & the fact that one of Turmoil's posts was a barely-explained jump to Stanley.

And speaking of low post counts, we're going to be losing a lot of players over that this Day... maybe some will be Scum who tried using the Cthulhu modifier to coast & forgot to come back to get their numbers up? Hopefully?

*Quietly slides 10/30 post count under the rug*

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, you could read my words instead of just looking at the list. I know that's a lot to ask though.

Here, let me make it clear for you. The people in that list are ordered from most Townie to Least Townie, like all the other non-Scum lists. My thoughts on the players are in the second quote.

Bit of a reach to try and accuse me of not reading your list. Just look at the flow of it. It's clearly equivalent to the 'null' section in that you are saying you could go either way on them and don't have as firm a feeling. I mainly just thought it was funny.

Natiko It's not just Turmoil's post count, it's that & the fact that one of Turmoil's posts was a barely-explained jump to Stanley.

And speaking of low post counts, we're going to be losing a lot of players over that this Day... maybe some will be Scum who tried using the Cthulhu modifier to coast & forgot to come back to get their numbers up? Hopefully?

*Quietly slides 10/30 post count under the rug*
If that's the case then make that argument, your comment just seemed odd with no additional context while ignoring the multiple other people that fall into that bucket.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
This is easily the worst game of Mafia I've played in so far, and it's nothing against Grizzly or anyone in here, but I am just so ridiculously frustrated sitting on my ass waiting around for our dear leaders to decide what's best for us. We've been playing in this game for over 100 hours and haven't been able to just place some votes and see who the majority decides we should lynch at the end of the day. You know, like how that game we all play called Mafia works?

Vote: Ketkat

That's who we should have lynched yesterday. It is nothing against you personally Ketkat, I love you, we were teammates once, it was great, but you read as the scummiest person in the room to me on D1, and we have hardly anything else to go off of still.

All I can honestly do in this game is say to you all this:

If I were to have placed a vote yesterday, I would have voted for Ketkat because of all of the reasons I, and many others, have already listed. Nothing from today has changed my mind.

Do what you will, Fran.

As for the next modifier vote, I think we should be trying to find something as tame as possible. I know it's almost impossible to try to predict, but let's not go for something wild like Cthulhu again please?

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
If that's the case then make that argument, your comment just seemed odd with no additional context while ignoring the multiple other people that fall into that bucket.

I was trying to find a way to insinuate "I'm probably going to vote for someone other Turmoil since he'll just be modkilled, anyway, but don't want to say it outright since I'm assuming he's still reading this thread & am hoping he just forgets to check-in." Then kind of slipped up & outright said that... My bad.

I voted for Stan because he is fun, honestly

Glad to see you show up at near the bell. And this isn't helping my "weak answer" reasoning. Why would you vote for someone just because their "fun?" At that point, why not just vote for Blarg because of his "I'm the protagonist!" stance?

11/30

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
RE: CeeCee balance - I'm not sure I follow you train of thought. You mention that seeing a second kill at night would solidify your feelings on CeeCee, but I don't really see how. Without knowing the nature of any future kills it's almost impossible to draw strict conclusions from it. Maybe scum have CeeCee as a JOAT, maybe it was just a one shot scum power but they have other forms of killing as well anyways, maybe a neutral killer exists and they have restrictions, etc. I don't know which, if any, of these possibilities are likely which is kind of my point. Just think it's a weird thought to try and derive from.

My take is that, in a game this size, scum should have more than their faction kill. Maybe we have some weird modifiers specifically aimed at decreasing the playerbase, but considering the uncertainty involving those, I'm betting these extra kills come from PRs.

Thing is those PRs can be scum, town or neutral aligned, all we need is more killing roles. Considering we didn't get a counter claim or a second kill last night, my immediate worry is that CeeCee could be hiding in plain sight as this extra killer from the scum team, instead of a town PR like he claims.
Of course, just getting a second kill wouldn't clear him, but it would definitely give him some credit.

Everyone has been less direct since votes haven't really mattered at all. On day 1 there was a quick cluster of votes between Stan and Brazil, basically ending any wider choice. From then the game has been controlled by the overider. It is hard to push who is scummy and who isn't because there is no voting data to try and see where people are being inconsistent and what narrative they are pushing.

Fran has narrowed his list today which also limits discussion further. Honestly I think Fran should start making his move now. Put some real pressure on who is going to shoot rather than sleep walk like Brazil did into the Terra shot.

Yeah, I think it would work best if Fran further pressured his targets now, or limited/changed the pool even more.
I'm still not loving Flux so far but I feel like those strong opinions you say he's had kinda subsided after my argument with him and he's been pretty unremarkable since. The convo we had on D1.5 kinda died there, and my attention drifted towards other people. I'll note his inclusion of turmoil in his scum read list does make me hesitate on them both being scum, with turmoil being a stronger scumread of mine.
I'll join in and say that I got some goob vibes from Flux this phase. I don't really agree with most of his inputs (defending KetKat, stance on CeeCee), but I don't see traces of sheeping in there and his view has been pretty unique, not afraid of the thread heat. Don't think this is brazen scum atm.

rac

Oct 25, 2017
sorry things got busy

hopefully I'll be able to go some reading on a bit but honestly i have no idea what im doing

cabot

Oct 25, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
This is easily the worst game of Mafia I've played in so far, and it's nothing against Grizzly or anyone in here, but I am just so ridiculously frustrated sitting on my ass waiting around for our dear leaders to decide what's best for us. We've been playing in this game for over 100 hours and haven't been able to just place some votes and see who the majority decides we should lynch at the end of the day. You know, like how that game we all play called Mafia works?

Vote: Ketkat

That's who we should have lynched yesterday. It is nothing against you personally Ketkat, I love you, we were teammates once, it was great, but you read as the scummiest person in the room to me on D1, and we have hardly anything else to go off of still.

All I can honestly do in this game is say to you all this:

If I were to have placed a vote yesterday, I would have voted for Ketkat because of all of the reasons I, and many others, have already listed. Nothing from today has changed my mind.

Do what you will, Fran.

As for the next modifier vote, I think we should be trying to find something as tame as possible. I know it's almost impossible to try to predict, but let's not go for something wild like Cthulhu again please?

Power Rangers it is.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
Last question: If I lynch either Pirate Bae, Turmoil or CeeCee and the target flips scum, who would be your target tomorrow?

Different question for Pirate Bae, Turmoil and CeeCee: Why shouldn't I lynch you?

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
For next modifier, I want to play The Price is Right before I'm either killed for being too quiet by Town, or killed for being an easy Scum pick for not being so quiet that Town can waste time being suspicious of me.

I still don't know why Cthulhu was so popular & I kinda think Scum bandwagoned onto it just to justify low post counts. Going to switch to my laptop & get a list of who voted for both Stanley & Cthulhu momentarily.

It's not much, but despite Fran probably being Town, their playstyle & the Chuggs/Fantomas thing set off a Spider-Sense or something, so anytime I try to think of Scum leans, I get stuck on Fran. Looking at Cthulhu voters might get me on a new lead.

12/30

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Glad to see you show up at near the bell. And this isn't helping my "weak answer" reasoning. Why would you vote for someone just because their "fun?" At that point, why not just vote for Blarg because of his "I'm the protagonist!" stance?
Because I'm not a blarg whisperer

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
For next modifier, I want to play The Price is Right before I'm either killed for being too quiet by Town, or killed for being an easy Scum pick for not being so quiet that Town can waste time being suspicious of me.

I still don't know why Cthulhu was so popular & I kinda think Scum bandwagoned onto it just to justify low post counts. Going to switch to my laptop & get a list of who voted for both Stanley & Cthulhu momentarily.

It's not much, but despite Fran probably being Town, their playstyle & the Chuggs/Fantomas thing set off a Spider-Sense or something, so anytime I try to think of Scum leans, I get stuck on Fran. Looking at Cthulhu voters might get me on a new lead.

12/30
How in the holy name of Grizzly was anyone able to predict the modifier? Do you know something we don't? I'd really like to hear how you got here.

It's worth a single post to highlight this.

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
Hey Kyan, this is an old-ish commend but I was re-reading through the day and only noticed it now. Where did I equate Geno to AB/nin?

Here:

Geno is an unexpected death, considering how he had plenty of suspicious eyes on him. I suppose he never committed to anything in particular so he could be seen as a low-info kill, but why not kill someone like AB or nin or someone who'd barely posted and had less town attention?