• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Burning a post to say that I was wondering who would break the vote embargo first and I assume it wouldn't be scum so I'll give cabot that point.

OP
OP
The Bear

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017

11. In order to vote for another player to be lynched, you must present it on its own line and in the following format with no spaces: [ HIGHLIGHT ]VOTE: playername[ /HIGHLIGHT ]. Misspelt votes are only accepted within reason. Any other format will not be accepted.

I assume this was a mistake so I'll let it slide, but don't intentionally go around a loophole to subvert rules. This vote isn't counted by vote tool right now.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The explanation of the weird quote about CeeCee is okay, though I can't believe you didn't think anyone would ask you about it. The explanation of your questions about CeeCee is weird, though. So what about the command? Why do you think that matters and why should we speculate on the setup? Almost every time I've seen people making assumptions about gamerunner's commands or small decisions, it's been wrong and led people down the wrong path. What's the point anyway? Do you think something else killed Stan? Because if not, I'm not sure why this matters.
I didn't think much of it because it's very straightforward. I had been yelling about CeeCee the entire time, so saying that I felt like voting him out the and there when he decided to go, "I'll tell you more about it later" in an attempt to have conversation continue and people forget about discussing his power role is a simple step of logic.

Why does it matter that CeeCee presumably had the ability to kill anyone from the shadows without any indication of who killed who? I would think It matters a hell of a lot. I haven't played enough to be that knowledgeable on these intricacies, but the reality of what happened is that we don't have proof that CeeCee even killed Stanley. Like, the way it went down, I thought at the time that CeeCee must have dissimulated some kind of hidden command when he talked about how it was put in "10 minutes ago."

I'd put up a hypothetical of a scummate of CeeCee's putting in the command instead of him, but for how it went down, that doesn't make sense. And also why I think he shouldn't be lynched today.
Second, the defense of KetKat is honestly a defense for you in part - that rhetorical slyness of adding in the bit about you does not go unnoticed. I'll also add that all KetKat really has to do for most people, I think, is engage. Why do you think she hasn't? If you want to defend her, why don't you engage her? Your critique of Natiko cuts both ways. Not much good to just file someone as town if no one else is going to, but if you think they are and it helps to create more people who can be filed one way or another... why not engage directly?
You're damn right it is. I think I sense certain similarities in my play and KetKat's, which is straight up one of the driving factors for my defense of hers.

Why she hasn't engaged? I dunno, there could be many reasons and it'd be fruitless for me to speculate on that. The game's been pretty overwhelming, so maybe that? I remember previous games I've participated in where killing off the active players was a topic of discussion, but that wouldn't even make sense in this game because of how much talking is happening.

I think that situation between Natiko and I, and KetKat and I are separate. I haven't been directly quoting KetKat throughout the game, referring to what she's saying without actually asking her about what she's saying or trying to get her to elaborate. My argument right now is a result of my observations, without having engaged with her. I'll quote her and all that if I find a reason to do so, like I'm doing here.
Third, Sneeks wanted to lynch CeeCee; are you saying you agreed with that in the past, or...? Which arguments of hers are you agreeing with? How do you feel about the discussions she's fostering around Febe and Brazil?

I feel like if I could talk to you more, I could figure you out, and then I do, and I am in the middle again.
Well, now I gotta ask if you're joking. The two things that revolved around me in D1+1.5 was basically "not wanting to be the leader" and "let's lynch Sophia/CeeCee." I agree with Sawneeks many times about wanting to lynch CeeCee during the previous day phase.

And if there's one person I'd be willing to follow right now, it'd be Sawneeks. I'm with pretty much everything she says. So that extends to her trust of Brazil, and mistrust of Fireblend.

Splitting this up for other replies. Don't like the mega posts this day phase are incentivizing.

11/30

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't think much of it because it's very straightforward. I had been yelling about CeeCee the entire time, so saying that I felt like voting him out the and there when he decided to go, "I'll tell you more about it later" in an attempt to have conversation continue and people forget about discussing his power role is a simple step of logic.

Why does it matter that CeeCee presumably had the ability to kill anyone from the shadows without any indication of who killed who? I would think It matters a hell of a lot. I haven't played enough to be that knowledgeable on these intricacies, but the reality of what happened is that we don't have proof that CeeCee even killed Stanley. Like, the way it went down, I thought at the time that CeeCee must have dissimulated some kind of hidden command when he talked about how it was put in "10 minutes ago."

I'd put up a hypothetical of a scummate of CeeCee's putting in the command instead of him, but for how it went down, that doesn't make sense. And also why I think he shouldn't be lynched today.

You're damn right it is. I think I sense certain similarities in my play and KetKat's, which is straight up one of the driving factors for my defense of hers.

Why she hasn't engaged? I dunno, there could be many reasons and it'd be fruitless for me to speculate on that. The game's been pretty overwhelming, so maybe that? I remember previous games I've participated in where killing off the active players was a topic of discussion, but that wouldn't even make sense in this game because of how much talking is happening.

I think that situation between Natiko and I, and KetKat and I are separate. I haven't been directly quoting KetKat throughout the game, referring to what she's saying without actually asking her about what she's saying or trying to get her to elaborate. My argument right now is a result of my observations, without having engaged with her. I'll quote her and all that if I find a reason to do so, like I'm doing here.

Well, now I gotta ask if you're joking. The two things that revolved around me in D1+1.5 was basically "not wanting to be the leader" and "let's lynch Sophia/CeeCee." I agree with Sawneeks many times about wanting to lynch CeeCee during the previous day phase.

And if there's one person I'd be willing to follow right now, it'd be Sawneeks. I'm with pretty much everything she says. So that extends to her trust of Brazil, and mistrust of Fireblend.

Splitting this up for other replies. Don't like the mega posts this day phase are incentivizing.

11/30

If a scummate to CeeCee put in the command and that scummate happens to die before CeeCee does then CeeCee gets lynched immediately. So I think your hypothetical fails right there on those grounds. I'm all for looking at things at both sides but even entertaining that CeeCee didn't commit that kill is the definition of wasting time.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
If a scummate to CeeCee put in the command and that scummate happens to die before CeeCee does then CeeCee gets lynched immediately. So I think your hypothetical fails right there on those grounds. I'm all for looking at things at both sides but even entertaining that CeeCee didn't commit that kill is the definition of wasting time.
Ugh, come on. Did you miss the part where I said that it doesn't make any sense, and because it doesn't make sense that reinforces why I don't want to be lynching him today? Don't want to have to burn a post on something that's in my comment already.

12/30

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, I have now read back on Kyanrute. Interesting fellow, definitely a unique one. Overall thoughts are still of a towny nature from me. One of the main things that sticks out to me is that I believe he was the first person to call out Chuggernaut way back in post #900. It's what got me to bring forward my thoughts on Chugg as well, even though they weren't that well formed yet, just to see what Kyan had. He came back to me in post #918 with his take, which was a new observation different from my own that I shared, but one that I had taken note of as well when I was still watching from the sidelines.

He does seem really "solvy" to me in how he likes to present a player and maybe a post of theirs, and try sorting it into Town/Scum by himself. He doesn't seem to be a fan of seeing CeeCee stick around, but I'm liking his reads that he shares and he seems genuinely interested in poking people and asking questions. I'll keep him in as a Town read of mine, nothing is making me think otherwise at this point.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok this is post number 13/30 for me today, so I kind of want to settle down here and make sure I have plenty for the final parts of the day still. I may do some more rereads on other players here, but I don't know if I'll keep burning posts with my thoughts. I wanted to get these three down though since I said I would and wanted to share my thoughts with the thread for sure and see if anyone else wants to add to them.

That being said, I will definitely be working on another read list to get out before EoD. I'll try to make it as detailed as possible with thoughts on all of the players, and try to get some more of these Null reads of mine sorted based on how I feel about their D2 play and doing some more rereading.

Until then though, probably going to be going kind of quiet here. I might pop in for another big quote post if I have some more stuff to say, but I do want to hang on to as many of these precious posts as possible.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ugh, come on. Did you miss the part where I said that it doesn't make any sense, and because it doesn't make sense that reinforces why I don't want to be lynching him today? Don't want to have to burn a post on something that's in my comment already.

12/30

Yes, I'm not blind, but you also spend the paragraph before that one trying to paint the picture that we can't know CeeCee entered the command because it was secret, the two paragraphs next to each other read like a weird hedging where you got lost in your own explanation.

If you reply to this post, I'm going to wait for my next big one before replying back just to save posts.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
[9/30]
4/30

Just replying to these, not catching up with other stuff yet:

That's what I said. I feel like the "hard justification" was just a followup to Sneek's assertion of "scum would know Brazil's town", with me replying with the way I'd think scum would do with that knowledge. Obviously that's projected into me in my reply because I'm the one replying.

Read above. Maybe I overdid it because of the post constraint and I wanted Sawneeks to take my idea seriously - I do think there's merit on working based on assumptions until we get better ones or they're disproved, in this case those 3 players I'll keep an eye on.

Yes. Not only Scum!Fireblend, but Scum!anyone, if they were in my shoes and had made the posts I made. I'm not even sure it's a defense, I was just playing along with your Scum!Fireblend-would-know-Brazil-is-town scenario. Seems unfair to lead me down that road and then harp on me when I play along with the hypothetical. And again, insistence is a bit of an exaggeration. I said I'd like to keep an eye on them and still found them worth "not letting go", you asked me about it and I replied saying that obviously some assumptions were needed because this is not a perfect information game.
Okay, remove the whole theoretical Scum!Febe question. You swapped your read on Brazil because of his shot and not much else?

As I promised here are some reads based in how I'm leaning today (in not particular order):

Don't want to lynch (unless someone makes a really good case why I should):

Sorian: Honestly I always see red when I'm playing with Sorian but the way that he came with a theory about why I could be scum with an override seems townie. I think that if he were scum and knew that I'm town and not lying he will just roll with it. Why try to antagonize someone who can lynch you? Even more when it's me, and he knows that nothing would give me us much joy as lynching him. I agree with some post from him and don't like others but I don't think he has a hidden agenda this time (and now that I finished writing this I feel really dirty).
Cabot: He may be my top town right now. To me it seems that Cabot is really trying to solve the game.
Natiko: Like Cabot, seems to be trying to solve the game. I find myself agreeing with several of his posts.
Kyanrute: Kyan is a weird case. Not much activity but I liked his posts. Is not a great read but I don't want to lynch him yet. Mostly a gut feeling.
Dr. Monkey: Like Sorian I always lean to scum read Monkey and (instead of Sorian) I'm usually wrong. Monkey right now would be a null to me but it's still wouldn't lynch her today.
Fandorin: I find most of his posts honest. Like Kyan, this would be a gut feeling but I'm feeling good about Fando.
Sawneeks: I liked Sawneeks read list D1.5. I think that she is really trying to scumhunt. Not the greatest of the town reads but I still fine.
Malus: I don't have much on Malus but he didn't voting during the night phase gave me town feels. Like a townie with no night action who just forgot that he could do a vote during the night.

Could lynch (but still have doubts):

Fantomas: Unsure about Fanto. I think that he is playing too much in the middle ground trying to play really safe.
Brazil: Mostly a gut feeling. There is something that I feel bad about Brazil and I still don't know what it is.
Blargonaut: Blarg is doing nothing right now. I know that's how Blarg usually plays but he is just noise right now. Scum Blarg likes the noise.
Fireblend: Honestly I have no idea. Nothing about Fireblend caught my attention and I keep forgetting that he is playing. When I was writing this I wanted to do an ISO but it seems that he has freaking 90 posts already!! When did that happen??!! I'm planning to reread Fireblend when I have more time.
rac: Rac is coasting like there is no tomorrow. My concern is that Town Rac is usually like that. So unsure. Would like to see more reads from him.
Faddy: Faddy is all over the place to me. His meta defence of Sophia/CeeCee is more like how I meta expect Town Faddy to play but I don't agree with his read so I'm still unsure.
AbsolutBro: Almost nothing to work with here. But the few post he did weren't really bad. Not good, but not bad.

Seems like a good lynch:

Pirate Bae: I think that Pirate Bae is all over the place. None of her post make me think that she is actually scumhunting but instead is just going with the flow.
FluxWaveZ: Another one all over the place. Like Pirate Bae I don't think he is really scumhunting.
nin: Kawl didn't do much. Nin did even less.
KetKat: I don't like several of her posts. It's like she is going with the flow and trying to fly under the radar.
CeeCee: I don't believe that CeeCee is a 3-shot town vig and how he is trying to avoid sharing specifics about his role is suspicious. I still believe that he is a scum JOAT with a day shot.
TheChuggernaut: I don't believe his claim. A bp is an easy claim by scum as it's difficult for town to prove and he can just say that scum don't kill him because they wouldn't waste a shot. Most of D1 was him parroting another players read and when he was called out for it he decided to make a really forced read that seemed as he was afraid to have attention on him.
Zubz: They are all over the place. Really low content.
turmoil7: Has a really weird read on Rac, and then a really weird read on Fireblend. Has Geno as town and a couple of post later have him as top scum. All over the place.
Honestly I'm shocked more people didn't respond to this considering you now have Godking powers.

Anyway, at first look I'd be fine with CeeCee (shocking, i know), Zubz, and Turmoil. I'd also advocate for Febe at this point as well. I do want to ISO these 4 individuals as well as Chuggs, Zubz, and ket before making hard picks though.

2019 goals is that maybe someone will say something nice about me without adding a qualifier on, just once.
Don't care if this is old but you get away with wonderful gambits and are very good at this game.

Okay, pure 100% God's honest truth.

I am town day vig, that's all true. However, I only had the one shot.

The stuff about having 3 shots was to try and bait scum to NK me rather than someone valuable.
:xxxxxxxxxx

To borrow from a popular Brazilian saying, not having actual vote records to parse through on D2 makes me feel like a blind man during a shootout. I feel very unmotivated right now.

My ISOs from yesterday.

Flux - The main negative takeaways from reading through Flux's posts are still his flippant reaction to the idea that he was sheeping the Stan vote, and how he clearly bought his Sophia scumread secondhand from the rest of the thread. His apparent readiness to fight back if I'd chosen him as my target yesterday, however, gave me a positive vibe and helped me back down from him a little.

Fran - This is moot now that his claim is out there, but while I initially felt that Fran was being too artificial during D1, that eventually morphed into my usual perception of town!Fran - he just runs in his own rhythm. This post here is so characteristic of town!Fran, who'd rather make flippant weird comments like that instead of backing down from a position.

Pirate Bae - As I said yesterday, Pirate's posts are very confusing to me. Sometimes she presents conflicting ideas in the course of a single conversation. I wanted her to commit to a big scumread yesterday, but her response came in way too late. I'm having a hard time forming an opinion here, which made me choose her as the fallback, last minute plan for the lynch yesterday in case Terra and Flux had convinced me to back down from them.

Zubz - They cast an incorrect vote for Stan and never bothered fixing it, which makes it seem like they didn't care nearly as much as a townie should. That irks me so much. As I said on D1, that post was also completely devoid of actual stances or opinions. They literally admitted that they were sheeping Monkey and Sorian with the Stan vote. Later, they authored posts such as the very late "The heck you say? I'm fine with killing CeeCee for this." and today's "I don't think Ceecee's Scum, but I do think he's a liability.", which suggests that they'd kill someone they don't think is scum.

rac - On more than one occasion he seemed uncomfortable with the idea of me being the leader. When I posted a basically null read on him, he reacted with this flippant and defensive post. The single big post he's made so far was in response to a direct inquiry from Sawneeks, which makes me believe that despite the general nonchalant attitude, he's self-conscious when in the spotlight, which is also curious.

Ketkat - I had a lot of trouble with this ISO because there's basically nothing there, and I don't have much of a grasp in terms of how Ketkat usually plays. I initially liked this post from her, in that it seemed like a credible read of Fantomas. But this post from today is basically a repeat of that, making it seem like she's scumreading Fantomas out of a OMGUS-like sense of preservation, and all of her other posts are about CeeCee's powers.

Fantomas - Fantomas feels so subsided in this game compared to what I expect from town!Fantomas that it's actually making me wonder if everything's alright. He's usually in everyone's faces making blunt reads. But in this game he's mostly been scumreading people with low activity (Ketkat, turmoil), and feels generally displaced. He also reacted in a very belligerent and overly defensive way to those early malus/Monkey posts. To be fair, however, his weird read of Terra had me drawing a connection between the two as possible scummates, but that's out the window now, making him look a little better.

turmoil - Very few posts, and the ones he made seemed full of weird takes on subjects that were mostly disconnected from the big D1 discussions, like when he went on about the Fandorin train seemingly "deflating" when things were just starting. He's the one player I would accuse of actively trying to stay under the radar. For today, I'm interested in thinking through his suggestion that no one should vote in the first 24hrs in this phase. It feels like a very particular stance to take in reaction to Fran's claim, but I'm not sure if it's a scummy or townie one yet.
Don't have much to say other than thank you for posting these.

Sawneeks, why did you ask the people you asked?
Wanted to have opinions from people that I felt either had not commented much on either player or I wanted their input on that specific set of posts. I didn't reference the player list and it was from memory.

Lone_Prodigy has replaced nin

Please welcome Lone_Prodigy
man, you guys are harsh.

Lone_Prodigy welcome, LP! It's been ages since we last played, how are you?

flux, zubz, pirate bae and ketkat seemed to be the most agreed upon lynches correct?
im not sure how i read that
that's incredibly debatable. i'm also surprised you don't list CeeCee or Chuggs here, why is that?

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
I'm not sure what you want me to respond to? Ketkat was the first person to ping my radar as potential scum. That read only deepened as time went on. Or are you asking me to comment on Fanto agreeing with my read?

I'm asking for your response because Fantomas makes a very good point: It could be coincidence, but there is the possibility that since you were the first person to suspect her, you kind of began the train on her, so to speak. And that, to me, is suspicious because, as I said, she's an easy target and has been from the very beginning.

If you are scum, it would have been very easy to latch onto a quiet player in order to build up a reads list. She's the ideal candidate for an early game play like that.

Pirate Bae I'd counter that Ket is playing the same way she was in conspiracy where she was scum. Not saying you're wrong and not saying meta isn't useful (obviously since I lean on it so much) but the inoffensive play dominated by defense and sideline sitting is what made me ignore her in that game and it's here again.

I only know her play from GoT, so I'm basing it off of that. I didn't pay attention to Conspiracy in the slightest.

Pirate Bae I would like to see a more formal read list from you at some point as well, just so I can see how you are sorting people out right now.

There are still people I'd like to observe, but I will have a definite reads list up by day end, definitely.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
[10/30]

Before I forget again...

Fantomas is giving me slight vibes with how I play as Scum. What I mean by this is that they are engaged, asking questions, giving reads, etc. but there's this....superficial vibe to all of it. Very little of what Fanto says or does goes deeper than surface level and is simply for appearances. The 'what are your 2 Top Scum/Town' in particular give me this. However, I say this with the caveat that there are things he does that I DO strongly Town Read: backing down from reading Fandorin and myself as Town for meta reasons and sticking on Pirate Bae being a few. I bring this up because in the case that we don't catch Scum and we're really deep into the game and Fanto is still around I'd honestly give them a second look.

Blargonaut How are you feeling this Day Phase? Also love the classic, vintage avatar by the way. I'm so used to you being Mabel I forgot you had that.

anyway, gonna try ISOing some people and catching up more.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
I'm asking for your response because Fantomas makes a very good point: It could be coincidence, but there is the possibility that since you were the first person to suspect her, you kind of began the train on her, so to speak. And that, to me, is suspicious because, as I said, she's an easy target and has been from the very beginning.

If you are scum, it would have been very easy to latch onto a quiet player in order to build up a reads list. She's the ideal candidate for an early game play like that.

I only know her play from GoT, so I'm basing it off of that. I didn't pay attention to Conspiracy in the slightest.

There are still people I'd like to observe, but I will have a definite reads list up by day end, definitely.
This is about as disingenuous as it gets. It's not like I came out of the gate and said she was scum. It's a read that developed over multiple posts based on her stances, the explanations for them, and her general lack of solving or scum hunting. There are any number of low activity players - why is it only Ketkat is getting such a large defense from you since you claim that's what this is all about?

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
[10/30]

Before I forget again...

Fantomas is giving me slight vibes with how I play as Scum. What I mean by this is that they are engaged, asking questions, giving reads, etc. but there's this....superficial vibe to all of it. Very little of what Fanto says or does goes deeper than surface level and is simply for appearances. The 'what are your 2 Top Scum/Town' in particular give me this. However, I say this with the caveat that there are things he does that I DO strongly Town Read: backing down from reading Fandorin and myself as Town for meta reasons and sticking on Pirate Bae being a few. I bring this up because in the case that we don't catch Scum and we're really deep into the game and Fanto is still around I'd honestly give them a second look.

Blargonaut How are you feeling this Day Phase? Also love the classic, vintage avatar by the way. I'm so used to you being Mabel I forgot you had that.

anyway, gonna try ISOing some people and catching up more.

Using your own words against you here Saw but this is how I think you have been playing this game.

Asking for a whole bunch of people to comment on specific posts. I tried to work out if we were the people you were scum reading or just a random group.

You like Fantomas also have a big reads you posted very early in the game.

1. [m] Fantomas - CST - Started by giving me homework and asking questions, what a butt. Probably Town though. Nothing seems out of the ordinary and I found the reads list pretty well put together. The amount of the feelings/gut reads in there is a little much but I'm willing to give the 'it's Day 1' benefit of the doubt here. The line of questioning regarding Chuggs/Fran feels like someone looking for answers and bouncing ideas off a wall as well, not just hollow filler like Scum would do.
2. [they] Zubz - EST - Null-ish. Not much here.
3. [m] Brazil - GMT-3 - My sweet padawan. Unfortunately I don't have much of a sway either way for him right now and would sit at a Null read. Nothing good, nothing bad.
4. [m] Blargonaut - GMT-3 - There is honestly a part of me that is sad we didn't let Blarg be Godking in his own game. This is made worse by the fact I think he may be Town?? He is doing his usual silly, nonsense Blarg style but there are rays of cohesive thought in them that is trying to solve the game. However, I am also aware he changes his play regardless of alignment so I am also hesitant. For now though….kinda trust him?
5. [f] Pirate Bae - UTC+4.30 - Did stuff early on and had some silly vote thing with Fanto I think? Null, need to read.
6. [m] Fran - GMT-3 - Getting into small fights and hanging on to small details is very Fran, something I don't find alignment indicative. He has a whole thing with Chuggs going on that I need to read over but for now he is a rough Null.
7. [m] Sorian - MST - Not to parrot the 'Sorian is scary' squad but he is genuinely difficult to read and can pull off any alignment very well. My initial reaction here is that his posts are levelheaded and fairly...not basic, but vanilla in away. They aren't shoving bold new ideas yet and are just there, something that feels a bit safe. I'm willing to give him a townish lean for now but I'd watch him carefully.
8. [m] cabot - GMT - Town lean. Felt he had a strong Day Phase here with questions, comments, and being involved but has kinda slowed down a bit. Could easily just be daily life but I would like to see more of that early D1 cabot before I feel more confident on this one.
9. [m] StanleyPalmtree - GMT+13 - Town lean. Lil' bit grumpy but his posts have so far had a logical flow to them that doesn't seem forced. He's able to reason his accusations, questions, and comments in a way that doesn't ring any alarm bells. Will be keeping an eye on who he picks today and why but everything seems fine here.
10. [m] Fireblend - GMT-6 - Feel better! Unfortunately I have a null here as well but it's one I feel like I could change if I just read a few of his posts. Gonna read over.
11. [m] Terraforce - GMT-5 - Neutral/Scum lean. I'm trying to stay away from meta so let me explain as best I can. He seems to be just attacking anything with no real cohesion and at times without real accusations in them. Key being #1539 which breaks down why Flux's post is bad by essentially saying: CeeCee is too low of a post count to obtain anything from, Blarg has contributed a bit more and isn't as scummy as others, Faddy is a 'literal what'. He expands on this later, Flux replies, and then it just stops. Felt like a fight just for a fight, not a fight for answers.
12. [m] FluxWaveZ - GMT-5 - Quiet. More Null here than anything but with a slight Town lean? Something about the way he explained himself to Terra above doesn't read like someone giving fake answers, it read like someone standing firmly in their position (which i believe Flux stated earlier was that D1 has little to go off of and he dislikes them). Very much one to watch in the coming days. If he doesn't pick it up I'd get rid of him.
13. [m] Kawl - CST - Replacement incoming
14. [m] rac - GMT-5 - Lotta Null, sorry buddy.
15. [m] Natiko - GMT-5 - Townish….? I think?? Can't recall specifics but there were some posts early on that I rather liked. Lightest dusting of a town lean.
16. [m] malus - UTC+1 - Town lean…? Read over the little amount of posts and nothing jumps out as being out of the ordinary, if anything I think his suggestion about Shadow and Terra pushes him into a Town camp for being out of left field a bit. Would watch but not terribly worried about.
17. [m] turmoil7 - GMT-3 - Null. He just kinda pops in and out without making waves.
18. [f] KetKat - EST - Null, not a lot.
19. [m] Fandorin - GMT-3 - Feel like he had a good early game but trailed off? Can't remember, reread.
20. [m] Kyanrute - UTC+2 - Not a whole lot here either but one of his earlier non-shitposts was surprisingly very clear and concise and I Town Lean just the slightest because of it.
21. [f] Dr. Monkey - GMT-5 - I have a problem of not being able to read Monkey properly so I'm catching myself in this game making faces at some of her posts but refraining from falling down the hole because it's never worked for me in the past. Gonna try something new here and let her do her thing and just see how it evolves. For this reason I'm going with an unsure/slightest town. I want to trust her, I really do, but I just don't know.
22. [m] CeeCee - GMT - Unfortunately Sophia was making little sense in her actions and CeeCee has done nothing to change that. Aloofness is not a scumtell: not contributing to the game on top of that is. I am willing to give him one more Day if another candidate appears because he joined late and traveled but he would be my top pick for now.
23. [m] TheChuggernaut - CST - Townish…? Liked his few comments to what I posted and from what I remember of the Fran/Chuggs argument he seemed fairly logical.
24. [f] Sawneeks - PST - Scummiest fucker alive
25. [m] Faddy - UTC - Now that I think about it Faddy opening up saying I could've won the Godking title is weird since he didn't have any real basis as to trust me or not. Real WIFOM stuff though but his other activity in this game hasn't stuck to me either. Unsure.
26. [m] AbsolutBro - GMT-5 - Null. Don't remember much.
27. [m] Geno - UTC - Unsure. The nature of his posts feel very close to the chest and a bit skittish. Get the vibe he is hiding something but I don't know what that is yet or if it is necessarily scummy. Watching in the coming Days.

Summed up in no particular order that will be:
Townish: Fantomas, Blarg, Sorian, cabot, Stan, Natiko, Malus, Kyan, Monkey, and Chuggs
Scumish: Terra, CeeCee
Unsure/Null: Zubz, Brazil, Pirate Bae, Fran, Fireblend, Flux, Kawl, rac, turmoil, KetKat, Fandorin, Faddy, and AB

Huh, ended up with more Unsures and less Scums than I had thought I would. If push came to shove I'd move KetKat to Scum and maybe....Faddy as well.

You had Fantomas as one of your town for the reasons you are now saying they are scum. What has made you have a re-think on this?

Your scum read on Terra was wrong, I strongly believe you are wrong on CeeCee. Geno who just flipped town doesn't even get categorised but it looks like you read him Unsure to Scum.

I think you have far too many town in that list so maybe looking again at a few people you gave a pass to on Day 1 is townie re-evaluation. I also feel it could be scummy trying to walk back from naming all those people as townish.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
You aren't anwering some of my points: How do you feel about Zubz and Rac?
Both are players who I feel are very under the radar. Zubz, particularly.

Zubz

Not much this day phase. Said this:
Thank you, Brazil!

I totally forgot Ketkat's been holding out on Townreads. Call me simple, but she & Turmoil are my 2 main sources of suspicion currently.
Connecting to this:
What about Top 2 Town?
But I don't really recall many town reads from them? It's not great to admonish someone for something you're doing yourself.

I mean, this is nice and all, but I don't think it's the type of contribution to then be calling others for their lack of town reads:
Scum Reads: Blarg, FluxWaveZ
Town Reads: Dr. Monkey, Zubz
And I'm not even sure why Zubz scum reads Blarg and I. Most of their comments are replies to people going, "You're right!" or "That's true" or something. Just agreeing with others, not really presenting anything of their own, and following the herd. If you want to be aiming at someone for sheeping, Zubz shouldn't be ignored.

I didn't understand the bolded part when I read it:
I don't think Ceecee's Scum, but I do think he's a liability. And I think Fran may be Scum. Admittedly, I've never seen Universal Backup in action, but also, we have no proof going for us outside of Fran killing The Chuggernaut... which is also bad, as I don't think Chugg's Scum. The fact that Fantomas is triangulated in all of this is intriguing, though.
Why is it intriguing that Fantomas had the same thoughts as you did, Zubz? Just found it to be a weird thing to point out like this.

That's fair. I usually don't have any good takes until we get to D2, admittedly, so I don't really have too much to contribute until we get a flip, but I deserve any & all call-outs for it.
Waiting on them, btw.

Rac

Passive and uncertain, but has posted much more than Zubz. Instead with agreeing with a bunch of people, expresses uncertainty with how to proceed:
i have a lot of catching up to do but id probably go with fanto, just a weird feeling there

im not sure what to do concerning the chugg/ceecee/fran situation

and i feel like most of the thread is falling into easy lynches
flux, zubz, pirate bae and ketkat seemed to be the most agreed upon lynches correct?
im not sure how i read that
So this doesn't tell us anything about where he's actually leaning.

But he does at least think Chuggs is scum because of his role claim, so there's that.

if you think im scum than kill me, who cares it leads
Expression of self-preservation and fulfilling his win condition: 0/100.

This post makes me feel better about both of them, though, with a look into what they thought of the votes leading to Stanley's election.

Not really particularly looking closely at either of them for a lynch right now.

Yes, I'm not blind, but you also spend the paragraph before that one trying to paint the picture that we can't know CeeCee entered the command because it was secret, the two paragraphs next to each other read like a weird hedging where you got lost in your own explanation.

If you reply to this post, I'm going to wait for my next big one before replying back just to save posts.
Fine, I get what you mean, but the purpose of that was simply to answer Dr. Monkey on why I found it in any way important that CeeCee could stealth kill. It's not something to actively ponder on right now, since it doesn't lead to possibilities that would make sense other than the immediate, but it's also not something to completely ignore. It just contributes to the mess and confusion, and just something to note when what I knew of a day vig. would be someone who'd have the ability to do it out in the open.

Also:
@FluxWaveZ Faddy in third on your lynch list. Is that a new read? And can you talk about it more? (Also want to hear more on that Fanto read but you said you'd get to it.
Nope:
I'm with whoever dear leader chooses, though my own list would be:
  • CeeCee
  • Blargonaut
  • Faddy
For Faddy, part of it was the strong and largely baseless attempt at throwing suspicion on anyone who aimed for Sophia:

And part of it was that his interactions with people I see as leaning more towards town (Monkey and Sorian) have been weird and antagonistic. And then there was the whole not trusting Sorian with the leader position, but wanting to make Blarg leader. It's not like I'm convinced, but he's in my top 3.
Reasoning would be different now, though.

13 / 30

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
[11/30]

Using your own words against you here Saw but this is how I think you have been playing this game.

Asking for a whole bunch of people to comment on specific posts. I tried to work out if we were the people you were scum reading or just a random group.

You like Fantomas also have a big reads you posted very early in the game.

You had Fantomas as one of your town for the reasons you are now saying they are scum. What has made you have a re-think on this?

Your scum read on Terra was wrong, I strongly believe you are wrong on CeeCee. Geno who just flipped town doesn't even get categorised but it looks like you read him Unsure to Scum.

I think you have far too many town in that list so maybe looking again at a few people you gave a pass to on Day 1 is townie re-evaluation. I also feel it could be scummy trying to walk back from naming all those people as townish.
Answered monkey already on that part. The people I picked are ones I felt either hadn't commented much on either player or I simply wanted their take on those posts.

As for Fantomas it was a thought that came to me when rethinking the game before bed last night. If you read my post on Fanto I don't Scum Read them, I still Town Read them more than anything. However, there are a few posts that stuck out to me as 'hey, I used to do that' but not strongly enough to start calling for their lynch. I wanted to throw it out there as an observation I made.

Also not sure what to say about me being wrong?? I'm not the only one who was off on those. :x
Hi.

How scummy are the people I replaced?
basically null. kawl really wasn't here much and neither was nin, you're roughly a clean slate and people already dislike you for it.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
I want everyone to rank this list from "If he isn't scum I will eat my hat" to "WTF are you smoking? He is no way scum":

Pirate Bae, Ketkat, CeeCee, Chuggs, Turmoil, Blarg, Fantomas, Rac.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
[12/30]
I want everyone to rank this list from "If he isn't scum I will eat my hat" to "WTF are you smoking? He is no way scum":

If they aren't scum (or Neutral) I will eat my hat
CeeCee
Ketkat
Turmoil
Rac
Chuggs
Pirate Bae
Fantomas
Blarg
WTF are you smoking? They are in no way scum

Sorry for vanishing for a bit. Been having a rough time mental health wise. Going to make a read list real quick.
No worries, Chuggs. Take care of yourself <3

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
[13/30]
Still want to ISO: Zubz and rac. Might go for Chuggs and Flux, depends on time. Gonna be busy soon so these won't be until much later.

KetKat:

Just jokes around a bit for the first bit of Day 1 and doesn't change up much until #696 where people have called her out for being 'too jokey'. In that same post she says she would not want to vote people into the Godking role that could use it for Scum purposes and 'get away with it'. However, in the same exact post she states: " . I think that it's important to pick someone who we feel suspicious about in some way that we feel we can actually for sure gain something from." She gives Blarg as an example as someone who she is suspicious of but feels could get away with the Godking role as Scum because he doesn't answer questions directly. Expands on this to Monkey/Sorian in #711

Comes back in later and questions why Stan and Brazil have so many votes, though isn't against it. Does mention that she wouldn't vote in anyone who would want her dead like cabot. #1470

Fanto asks for reads. Gives Fanto because of the way they 'spread doubt' about others. Completely admits that this is how they, Ket, played in Conspiracy. Also sheeps CeeCee scum read. #1667

#1936. Says that she does not like leashing someone that people think is Neutral/Scum. Says that this gives them more opportunities to harm Town than anything as they can turn on us. Which is interesting as this somewhat contradicts her later statement at #2426 where she says if CeeCee shoots someone we want today then it would alleviate her concerns of him. I even ask her to clarify in #2470 and she doubles down on it. I..sort of see the reasoning here but it makes very little sense. She doesn't want to leash someone that people think is Anti-Town but goes on later to say if CeeCee does what they say then she would trust him more. It doesn't feel like she is willing to entertain the idea of a Scum/neutral!CeeCee blowing up whoever we want so he can stay alive. Feels like a weird omission from someone who I generally feel is a logical player.

Conclusion: Probably Scum. Not much solving, only sparse posts that have little new thoughts to them, and contradictory posts.

Turmoil7:

I'd sum up turmoil's play so far as 'inoffensive'. He's just kind of here, not a lot of strong stances, not a lot of new ideas. His biggest 'wave' would be his opening post this Day Phase.

What is interesting is his early Day 1 play is, again, inoffensive. He does give reads but they just sort of flow out from him. #337 he doesn't like the 'I don't want to be elected' people but finds it hard to make that alignment indicative. However, would kill Flux over Fran because of this. Also says rac is flying low.

#292 likes Sorian/Natiko for having a similar Godking election idea. Would not vote for blarg because of blargspeak. #381 notes how Brazil votes for Fandorin and while he, turmoil, likes Fandorin it makes him wary. Notes how Brazil made a Flux vs Terra post but doesn't actually comment on the contents of it. Wouldn't vote Power Rangers ( :( )

#636 Leaning town on Febe. Asks Fando what his take is on him. #639 clarifies to cabot that he likes Febe because his posts 'feel right' and because Febe supports Fandorin who he also likes. Notes that he didn't vote Fandorin because he didn't want to create a 'runaway Fandorin effect'?

#1012 Likes Stan, wouldn't vote for cabot. Votes for Fandorin here because his momentum seemed to have slowed down. Seems very concerned about appearing to push Fandorin along. Mentions in #1059 that he was wary of Fandorin because he had a lot of support from players 'like cabot' but it just deflated. Doesn't know what to make of it. Yet he supports Fandorin with a vote?

#1151 Notes he is selfconscious this game. Jumps to Pirate Bae for some reason. Town leans on Malus and Ketkat because they are easy targets, scum reads on rac and zubz (who for some reason aren't easy targets?)

#1269 Describe the Bae vote as wanting to give more options outside of the available vote leaders of the time. It didn't work, making him suspect that maybe scum was satisfied with the leaders at the time. Consolidates vote to Stan. For the record the vote leaders at the time are: Stan (4 votes), Brazil (3 votes), cabot (2 votes), geno (2 votes), fandorin (2 votes). Why go for Stan if Scum was happy with this spread?

Author's Note: wanted to keep CeeCee alive. Was pretty confident in him being Town Vig.

The infamous PR post #2381. Expected Flux or Fran to die from PR hints, notes maybe scum were scared of a Doc. #2396 for some reason notes what Febe's kill list was (why Febe??) and says if Flux is Town to look at that post. Wouldn't want to lynch Flux because of his claim hint. Spend rest of phase defending this post.

Conclusion: Again, inoffensive. He is incredibly conscious of how his actions appear in the game and is acting with that in mind. Specifically not voting Fandorin when he was popular and leaving Fando when gaining some heat. For some reason he has a connection to Fandorin here and I don't understand it. His reasons for jumping to Bae seem half-hearted at best. Not many lines of questioning, just sort of posts what he thinks at times. I'm….actually unsure here. He REALLY likes Fandorin though but is very aware of not being too supportive of him. I don't know if I scum read him though and I can't place why that is. He really leaves me scratching my head. Wouldn't be against him being lynched though, just think he would be lower on my list..

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017

Scum

Ketkat
Turmoil
Pirate Bae
rac
Blarg
Chuggs
CeeCee
Fantomas

Town

Sorry for vanishing for a bit. Been having a rough time mental health wise. Going to make a read list real quick.
Hope all is well Chuggster

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
[12/30]

If they aren't scum (or Neutral) I will eat my hat
CeeCee
Ketkat
Turmoil
Rac
Chuggs
Pirate Bae
Fantomas
Blarg
WTF are you smoking? They are in no way scum

Can you explain your reasoning for Blarg being the least scummy here? He has been weirdly helpful and invested in this game, but that always makes me feel like he's a little scummier, but I never can read him it feels like. He's been completely absent this day phase as well

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I will use a post to say I hope you're okay, Chuggs. I hope everyone is okay. <3 I like all of you. Even Sorian.

D&D tonight so I'll keep sitting on my posts.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to echo what a lot of other people have said and say this shit is hard when you have no votes to go off of.

Town

Brazil: Seems to be trying to solve the game. I wasn't really sure about the Terra reading at the time because I was admittedly not paying much attention to it, but looking back on it, I can see where's he's coming from, so I'm not going to hold that against him.

Fran: Someone brought up an interesting point about how Fran might not of bought his claim if he was on the other side of it, but I feel like scum Fran would of been more careful not to do something like that. I think Fran is telling the truth.

Sorian: Agreed with a lot of his stuff early on and I like his post today. Putting him in the same camp with Brazil where it seems like he's trying to solve the game.

Dr. Monkey: Same as Brazil and Sorian. Liked a lot of her posts.

Sawneeks: I like Neeks. She has made a lot of posts that I agree with, and even the ones I don't I think are pretty well backed up and I can usually see where's she's coming from.

Faddy: Goes in the same camp as some of the others. He seems like he's actually trying to solve the game.

Lean town

Pirate Bae: I wasn't too sure about her at first, but I have pretty similar thoughts about Ketkat being the easy lynch that she seems to also share which has made me feel better about her.

Fireblend: I feel like Fireblend has been flying under the radar despite having a good bit of posts. Nothing in his posts are sending up any red flags though so I feel pretty alright about him for not

rac: Rac is playing how I remember town rac played in my first game with him. He seems okay.

Malus: I mentioned this in the post that got me scum read by Fran into my inevitable death, but I'm still feeling good about Malus.

Ketkat: I can see where some of the arguments against Ketkat are coming from with the way she seems to be dodging a read list, but I have to agree with what some others are saying. She feels like the easy lynch for scum to get behind which makes me very nervous. I also thought her read on Fanto was pretty good. A flip from her would either completely destroy most of my reads or help them a lot so I wouldn't be completely against seeing the flip from Ketkat, but I would rather not kill her as of right now.

Ceecee: I don't see scum making the play he did. It's just really out there. The NK things might have had some holes in it, but I see where he was coming from. Just might not of been the best thought out plan.

Null

Zubz: There really just isn't much here. They have a few reads that I agree with and a few I don't. I would keep my eye on them, but they're not someone I would go for today.

Blarg: It's Blarg.

FluxWaveZ: Admittedly, I have not been paying much attention to Flux, but he seems like he's been ignoring most of the Chugg/Fran stuff too so I feel like that makes us even. Reading back on his posts, I think he's fine? He argued with Terra for a bit there, but nothing really seemed super scummy. I wouldn't go to bat for him, but I would rather not kill him right now.

LP: Kawl, into nin, into LP is hilarious. I have nothing for this slot.

Fandorin: I like his posts for the most part, but nothing really jumps out as town I guess?

Kyanrute: Not super sure what to make of him.

AB: He's playing about how I expect him to. Could go either way.

Lean scum

cabot: I find myself nodding along to most of his posts, but he's also pushed back against me every time I scum read Fanto which I think is interesting. If Fanto flips scum, I would probably give him another look.

Natiko: At first glance, Natiko feels like he's trying to solve the game, but something feels off to me about his posts and I can't quite put my finger on it. 2 of the 5 people he name dropped in his scum list have turned out to be town, but he might of just been off for those. His insistence on going after Ketkat kind of concerns me as well as the push back he had to Pirate Bae's posts about Ketkat. If Ketkat flips town, I think it might be a good time to look into him.

Scum

Fanto: I've mentioned this before, but I feel like Fanto played me and Fran into gunning for each other for a bit. I think his goal was to get me lynched and then turn on Fran, but I don't think that would be the case right now after the claim.

Turmoil7: I'm trying to be careful with him because my scum read on him in Brexit ended up making that game last for way longer then it should of, but Turmoils just posted a whole lot of nothing. He also seems weirdly paranoid about how he comes off. A scum flip for him would also make me feel a bit better about Natiko because Natiko had him in his scum lists.

And that's that. I feel like we probably have more then 4 scum, and I also don't think those 4 would be on a scum team together. I also wouldn't be shocked if one of my "Feels like they're trying to solve the game" reads turns out to be scum. I really wish I had more information here, but it is what it is. I still think I'm catching the lynch tonight. I didn't really read that post about Fran killing me as a joke, and I think he tried to play it as one so I would come back, but eh. What can you do.

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
[06/30]
hi back

KNRnr8u.gif

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
Sorry for the book! It's been a heck of a week. It was audit week at work, & even if the therapists aren't directly affected, we still have to mount walls of paperwork & our regular emergencies. Audit week is done so I should be more active going forward.

That said, my thoughts are like hitting a brick wall still... I'm not reading anyone else too well beyond "human playing Mafia," "human not playing Mafia," & "Blarg." But speaking of brick walls, I can at least address the questions others raised!

I'm still not even sure Why Fran keeps assuring us he's town. We've all seen his claim and he's said he's using his override for his own target.

Is there even a point to reading Fran today when there's fuck all to do?

You identified I me mentioning Fran killing Chuggs. I don't think that's locked in, that was just what I thought Fran was planning on doing because I was confused about what a "BP" meant. As for Fantomas, it's that Fantomas quickly got riled up about... one of them, after they brought him up. I think it was Chuggs?

I quoted this because it's a smaller post, but also because I agree that Fran is being a bit too aggressive on the "I'm Town" front, & in particular makes me feel that one of the 3 people in that triangle is Scum.

This post is so weirdly phrased. Saying you "forgot" that KetKat was "holding out reads" makes it sound like a objective fact. And that is the main reason for your scum read too? Did you interact with her on this matter previously?

I thought I called KetKat out about that D1. Fantomas did it too, IIRC. It seemed like an intentional dodge & rubbed me the wrong way, since the question was specifically Top 2 Town & Top 2 Scum, & KetKat did the former. Granted, I chumped out a bit by putting myself as Town, but I was having trouble with Town/Scum reads. Still kind of am...

2019 goals is that maybe someone will say something nice about me without adding a qualifier on, just once.

Fluff, but you're a wonderful hunter of Scum!

Zubz - They cast an incorrect vote for Stan and never bothered fixing it, which makes it seem like they didn't care nearly as much as a townie should. That irks me so much. As I said on D1, that post was also completely devoid of actual stances or opinions. They literally admitted that they were sheeping Monkey and Sorian with the Stan vote. Later, they authored posts such as the very late "The heck you say? I'm fine with killing CeeCee for this." and today's "I don't think Ceecee's Scum, but I do think he's a liability.", which suggests that they'd kill someone they don't think is scum.

That was because I expected to be back at the office by 5 PM as I did not take a lunch break & was planning to wrap up D1 then. This week being, well, this week, I did not get back until after 5 PM, nor did I have any breaks to catch/fix that typo. I apologize for irking you. As for CeeCee, the first post about killing CeeCee was me blindly thinking CeeCee was Scum because of his really poor decision to kill Stanley. The 2nd post was after realizing CeeCee probably isn't Scum, even if I don't agree with the decision. I am not for killing CeeCee, but I do hope CeeCee is more cautious with that power in the future.

Zubz - Going through Zubz's posts didn't take long. There's a lot of fluff, a few follow ups and a whole lot of nothing. Zubz does mention that D1 was during a crazier than expected RL day (again, totally understand). That said, where Ketkat or Pirate Bae get town credit for their thoughts or reads, Zubz's aren't strong enough to pull out of null read. Does have an interesting bit with Fantomas around 1,636 where Fantomas is actually responding to Sawneeks about Chuggernaut/Fran. Kind of amplifies the flame fanning Fanto is working on Chuggernaut/Fran, but I don't know if it's enough to being telling on alignment. Mostly a null read, slightly scummy.

Question for you Zubz : Your last post mentions Turmoil and Ketkat as your top "sources of suspicion", but doesn't elaborate. Ketkat has enough shade that following on that doesn't take much, but can you explain your feelings on Turmoil? There's basically nothing in your posts before this one that I can see. I may have missed it?

I was going to get more in here but it's feeding time and this will take awhile.

The reason I'm suspicious of Turmoil is because he was not only low activity on D1, but also his only activities included bandwagoning onto the Stanley vote. Again, somewhat hypocritical, but I explained my vote & it was before Stanley really became a bandwagon-able choice. I mentioned other posters who were low activity but jumped on that train but will need to look back at that later.

Zubz

Connecting to this:

But I don't really recall many town reads from them? It's not great to admonish someone for something you're doing yourself.

I mean, this is nice and all, but I don't think it's the type of contribution to then be calling others for their lack of town reads:

And I'm not even sure why Zubz scum reads Blarg and I. Most of their comments are replies to people going, "You're right!" or "That's true" or something. Just agreeing with others, not really presenting anything of their own, and following the herd. If you want to be aiming at someone for sheeping, Zubz shouldn't be ignored.

Why is it intriguing that Fantomas had the same thoughts as you did, Zubz? Just found it to be a weird thing to point out like this.

Waiting on them, btw.

I don't remember why I suspected you either, but will have to review it. Blarg was because Blarg was posting to a distracting degree, which is what Blarg usually does when Scum, even though Blarg has also done it when Town, & that was mostly on D1, where people outside the GM bother to remember the flavor &, again, flavor of this game is Mafia history & Blarg, so I can see that just having riled up Blarg to post more regardless of motive.

Admittedly, I tend to post "sheepishly" regardless. I know we aren't supposed to comb others' Era posts, but that's unfortunately a problem of mine. I need to work on that a bit.

I didn't think it was intriguing that Fantomas had the same thoughts I did, I thought it was intriguing that Fantomas got riled up about Chuggs suddenly.

S'all good! Anything we can do to help?

... Now if you'll excuse me, this week took a lot of blood, sweat, & tears out of me. My pizza got here 3/4 through this read list, so it's time to replace those fluids with Domino's Garlic Sauce.

5/30

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
[07/30]
Blargonaut is asking everyone alive to sacrifice one (1) post each, asking him the most pertinent question they have on their respective minds.

Oct 25, 2017
[12/30]

Hope all is well Chuggster
I will use a post to say I hope you're okay, Chuggs. I hope everyone is okay. <3 I like all of you. Even Sorian.
S'all good! Anything we can do to help?

Thank you all.

[07/30]
Blargonaut is asking everyone alive to sacrifice one (1) post each, asking him the most pertinent question they have on their respective minds.

If you had the same power as Fran, who would you kill?

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
This is about as disingenuous as it gets. It's not like I came out of the gate and said she was scum. It's a read that developed over multiple posts based on her stances, the explanations for them, and her general lack of solving or scum hunting. There are any number of low activity players - why is it only Ketkat is getting such a large defense from you since you claim that's what this is all about?

Why is she getting a large defense? Because her behavior reads town to me. Simple.

Does this apply to me as well?

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no

TOWN

Blarg?
Chuggs
CeeCee
Fantomas
Rac
Pirate Bae
Ketkat
Turmoil

SCUM

7/30. Feel like I'm not going to hit the limit here.

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Sorry guys, my phone died and it's been a super busy day. I promise to catch up tomorrow. I read your q sawneeks and the answer is no, I actually flipped my read earlier than that, I'll elaborate tomorrow.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going to echo what a lot of other people have said and say this shit is hard when you have no votes to go off of.

Town

Brazil: Seems to be trying to solve the game. I wasn't really sure about the Terra reading at the time because I was admittedly not paying much attention to it, but looking back on it, I can see where's he's coming from, so I'm not going to hold that against him.

Fran: Someone brought up an interesting point about how Fran might not of bought his claim if he was on the other side of it, but I feel like scum Fran would of been more careful not to do something like that. I think Fran is telling the truth.

Sorian: Agreed with a lot of his stuff early on and I like his post today. Putting him in the same camp with Brazil where it seems like he's trying to solve the game.

Dr. Monkey: Same as Brazil and Sorian. Liked a lot of her posts.

Sawneeks: I like Neeks. She has made a lot of posts that I agree with, and even the ones I don't I think are pretty well backed up and I can usually see where's she's coming from.

Faddy: Goes in the same camp as some of the others. He seems like he's actually trying to solve the game.

Lean town

Pirate Bae: I wasn't too sure about her at first, but I have pretty similar thoughts about Ketkat being the easy lynch that she seems to also share which has made me feel better about her.

Fireblend: I feel like Fireblend has been flying under the radar despite having a good bit of posts. Nothing in his posts are sending up any red flags though so I feel pretty alright about him for not

rac: Rac is playing how I remember town rac played in my first game with him. He seems okay.

Malus: I mentioned this in the post that got me scum read by Fran into my inevitable death, but I'm still feeling good about Malus.

Ketkat: I can see where some of the arguments against Ketkat are coming from with the way she seems to be dodging a read list, but I have to agree with what some others are saying. She feels like the easy lynch for scum to get behind which makes me very nervous. I also thought her read on Fanto was pretty good. A flip from her would either completely destroy most of my reads or help them a lot so I wouldn't be completely against seeing the flip from Ketkat, but I would rather not kill her as of right now.

Ceecee: I don't see scum making the play he did. It's just really out there. The NK things might have had some holes in it, but I see where he was coming from. Just might not of been the best thought out plan.

Null

Zubz: There really just isn't much here. They have a few reads that I agree with and a few I don't. I would keep my eye on them, but they're not someone I would go for today.

Blarg: It's Blarg.

FluxWaveZ: Admittedly, I have not been paying much attention to Flux, but he seems like he's been ignoring most of the Chugg/Fran stuff too so I feel like that makes us even. Reading back on his posts, I think he's fine? He argued with Terra for a bit there, but nothing really seemed super scummy. I wouldn't go to bat for him, but I would rather not kill him right now.

LP: Kawl, into nin, into LP is hilarious. I have nothing for this slot.

Fandorin: I like his posts for the most part, but nothing really jumps out as town I guess?

Kyanrute: Not super sure what to make of him.

AB: He's playing about how I expect him to. Could go either way.

Lean scum

cabot: I find myself nodding along to most of his posts, but he's also pushed back against me every time I scum read Fanto which I think is interesting. If Fanto flips scum, I would probably give him another look.

Natiko: At first glance, Natiko feels like he's trying to solve the game, but something feels off to me about his posts and I can't quite put my finger on it. 2 of the 5 people he name dropped in his scum list have turned out to be town, but he might of just been off for those. His insistence on going after Ketkat kind of concerns me as well as the push back he had to Pirate Bae's posts about Ketkat. If Ketkat flips town, I think it might be a good time to look into him.

Scum

Fanto: I've mentioned this before, but I feel like Fanto played me and Fran into gunning for each other for a bit. I think his goal was to get me lynched and then turn on Fran, but I don't think that would be the case right now after the claim.

Turmoil7: I'm trying to be careful with him because my scum read on him in Brexit ended up making that game last for way longer then it should of, but Turmoils just posted a whole lot of nothing. He also seems weirdly paranoid about how he comes off. A scum flip for him would also make me feel a bit better about Natiko because Natiko had him in his scum lists.

And that's that. I feel like we probably have more then 4 scum, and I also don't think those 4 would be on a scum team together. I also wouldn't be shocked if one of my "Feels like they're trying to solve the game" reads turns out to be scum. I really wish I had more information here, but it is what it is. I still think I'm catching the lynch tonight. I didn't really read that post about Fran killing me as a joke, and I think he tried to play it as one so I would come back, but eh. What can you do.
Are you leaning scum on Cabot purely because of your Fanto read? Also, generally speaking it's not the strongest tactic to base reads off of "I agree with this player's reads but don't agree with this player's reads." Generally speaking though I kind of town read the list a little for using such logic because it feels townie to be so absorbed in your own personal perspective.

Why is she getting a large defense? Because her behavior reads town to me. Simple.

Does this apply to me as well?
What about Ketkat's behavior reads distinctly town compared to rac who you seem to be leaning scum on? They're both doing very little to scum hunt. What exactly is it you look for in a town read?

Town

Ceecee
Pirate Bae
Ketkat
Blarg
Rac
Turmoil
Fanto

Scum
Was the Blarg and rac flip here meaningful? As in - did Blarg's recent posts bump him up in the order?

Oct 25, 2017
Are you leaning scum on Cabot purely because of your Fanto read? Also, generally speaking it's not the strongest tactic to base reads off of "I agree with this player's reads but don't agree with this player's reads." Generally speaking though I kind of town read the list a little for using such logic because it feels townie to be so absorbed in your own personal perspective.

Was the Blarg and rac flip here meaningful? As in - did Blarg's recent posts bump him up in the order?

1. Yeah, I don't really like doing that either, but I honestly don't have that much to go off right now. I like having votes and some scum flips and I don't have either of those right now. I do want to be noted that a lot of players that I listed as town have reads that I don't really agree with either. They just feel the most town to me.

2. Oh, my first list isn't actually in any order. It's just a glob of null reads or town reads. I wouldn't say one is more likely then the other.

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
[11/30]
VAJgvZ9.gif

@Blargonaut How are you feeling this Day Phase? Also love the classic, vintage avatar by the way. I'm so used to you being Mabel I forgot you had that.

Better now. I needed some time to think outside of the cube and I think I've got great ideas. Also, thanks

Hi.

Role-claim, thanks

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
1. Yeah, I don't really like doing that either, but I honestly don't have that much to go off right now. I like having votes and some scum flips and I don't have either of those right now. I do want to be noted that a lot of players that I listed as town have reads that I don't really agree with either. They just feel the most town to me.

2. Oh, my first list isn't actually in any order. It's just a glob of null reads or town reads. I wouldn't say one is more likely then the other.
I just noticed that in the first list you had rac as lean town and Blarg as null, then flipped the order for the second list with Blarg being closer to town than rac.

Oct 25, 2017
I just noticed that in the first list you had rac as lean town and Blarg as null, then flipped the order for the second list with Blarg being closer to town than rac.

Oh, I think I just goofed on the order of Blarg and rac in my second list. rac is probably closer to null then the rest of my lean towns. They're both people who I would rather not kill though.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
[9/30]

Okay, remove the whole theoretical Scum!Febe question. You swapped your read on Brazil because of his shot and not much else?

Honestly I'm shocked more people didn't respond to this considering you now have Godking powers.

Anyway, at first look I'd be fine with CeeCee (shocking, i know), Zubz, and Turmoil. I'd also advocate for Febe at this point as well. I do want to ISO these 4 individuals as well as Chuggs, Zubz, and ket before making hard picks though.

Don't care if this is old but you get away with wonderful gambits and are very good at this game.

:xxxxxxxxxx

Don't have much to say other than thank you for posting these.

Wanted to have opinions from people that I felt either had not commented much on either player or I wanted their input on that specific set of posts. I didn't reference the player list and it was from memory.

man, you guys are harsh.

Lone_Prodigy welcome, LP! It's been ages since we last played, how are you?

that's incredibly debatable. i'm also surprised you don't list CeeCee or Chuggs here, why is that?

<3

As far as what you mentioned about people not commenting on Fran's list. I read it, didn't see anything interesting. It's been the same for most people's lists and I'm just treating Fran like normal because unlike yesterday, Fran doesn't actually need to decide the course of action. The worst that can happen is scum wastes a kill on him if he's town and I say waste because an override is whatever this early in the game and there's still worry that he could be scum. There's no real rush for him to use it since if it ever comes to the point where we suspect him, he has to prove the power before we vote him anyway. (For the record, I prefer him to just use it today because there is a bigger argument that waiting is just hedging his bet to protect himself or a possible scummate on later days but the point is, he doesn't HAVE to).

Also didn't want to quote two people for the same thing but <3 you too Zubz

Zubz

Connecting to this:

Waiting on them, btw.

Rac

Passive and uncertain, but has posted much more than Zubz. Instead with agreeing with a bunch of people, expresses uncertainty with how to proceed:

So this doesn't tell us anything about where he's actually leaning.

But he does at least think Chuggs is scum because of his role claim, so there's that.

Expression of self-preservation and fulfilling his win condition: 0/100.

This post makes me feel better about both of them, though, with a look into what they thought of the votes leading to Stanley's election.

Not really particularly looking closely at either of them for a lynch right now.

Fine, I get what you mean, but the purpose of that was simply to answer Dr. Monkey on why I found it in any way important that CeeCee could stealth kill. It's not something to actively ponder on right now, since it doesn't lead to possibilities that would make sense other than the immediate, but it's also not something to completely ignore. It just contributes to the mess and confusion, and just something to note when what I knew of a day vig. would be someone who'd have the ability to do it out in the open.

Also:

Nope:

Reasoning would be different now, though.

13 / 30

Why tell us the reasoning is different without just telling us the evolved reasoning?

Hi.

In total I think the entire role has posted less than the 10 post minimum for a day phase and that includes the two you've done today.

Meh, these exercises feel lazy but sure. For the purposes of your exercise, I assume you put neutral and scum into the same category, I don't which is why CeeCee is low on this but I have no interest in lynching.

Town - Chuggs, rac, Blarg, Pirate Bae, Fantomas, Turmoil, CeeCee, KetKat - Scum

To comment on people in there I haven't too much yet. Pirate Bae has always been someone I have trouble reading just because I naturally disagree with a lot of her reads but I'm not seeing anything terribly suspicious even if my interactions are mostly disagreement.

Turmoil fell on my radar after his weird exchange with Flux first thing today. The thing about it is I don't see why scummates would fake the interaction though so while I'm now scum reading both of them, I don't think they can both be scum so one flipping scum would boost the other one a lot. I wanted to say Blarg self-voting on this day in particular felt odd but he's clearly assuming you are overriding today so he knows it doesn't matter.

[09/30]
VOTE: Blargonaut

Fuck the code

Quoted for the lol