• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
The Bear

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY NIGHT 1 VOTES ====
Day Start

call of cthulhu (6 votes)
sorian - #2,338
fireblend - #2,339
cabot - #2,341
fandorin - #2,344
brazil - #2,345
absolutbro - #2,347

heroes vs villains (4 votes)
fran - #2,334
geno - #2,336
turmoil7 - #2,340
thechuggernaut - #2,351

love boat (3 votes)
fluxwavez - #2,335
pirate bae - #2,343
ceecee - #2,350

power rangers (2 votes)
dr. monkey - #2,348
rac - #2,349

the price is right (1 votes)
faddy - #2,337

heroes vs villians (0 votes)
thechuggernaut - #2,342 #2,351

Post Counts:
thechuggernaut: 2 grizzly: 1 fluxwavez: 1 sorian: 1 pirate bae: 1 dr. monkey: 1 cabot: 1 fireblend: 1 faddy: 1 absolutbro: 1 fandorin: 1 geno: 1 fran: 1 ceecee: 1 rac: 1 turmoil7: 1 brazil: 1

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

OP
OP
The Bear

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
Day Start

call of cthulhu (7 votes)
sorian - #2,338
fireblend - #2,339
cabot - #2,341 #2,361
fandorin - #2,344
brazil - #2,345
absolutbro - #2,347
ketkat - #2,357
nin - #2,360

the price is right (5 votes)
faddy - #2,337
fantomas - #2,353
zubz - #2,354
natiko - #2,358
cabot - #2,361

heroes vs villains (4 votes)
fran - #2,334
geno - #2,336
turmoil7 - #2,340
thechuggernaut - #2,351

power rangers (3 votes)
dr. monkey - #2,348
rac - #2,349
sawneeks - #2,356

mcdonalds treasure land adventure (2 votes)
blargonaut - #2,355
fluxwavez - #2,359

love boat (2 votes)
fluxwavez - #2,335 #2,359
pirate bae - #2,343
ceecee - #2,350

Post Counts:
grizzly: 2 cabot: 2 thechuggernaut: 2 fluxwavez: 2 ketkat: 1 fran: 1 ceecee: 1 dr. monkey: 1 fandorin: 1 geno: 1 zubz: 1 rac: 1 brazil: 1 nin: 1 sorian: 1 pirate bae: 1 fantomas: 1 fireblend: 1 faddy: 1 absolutbro: 1 sawneeks: 1 blargonaut: 1 turmoil7: 1 natiko: 1

OP
OP
The Bear

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
Day Start

call of cthulhu (10 votes)
sorian - #2,338
fireblend - #2,339
cabot - #2,341 #2,361
fandorin - #2,344
brazil - #2,345
absolutbro - #2,347
ketkat - #2,357
nin - #2,360
dr. monkey - #2,365
thechuggernaut - #2,368
turmoil7 - #2,369

the price is right (7 votes)
faddy - #2,337
fantomas - #2,353
zubz - #2,354
natiko - #2,358
cabot - #2,361
kyanrute - #2,363
fran - #2,364

mcdonalds treasure land adventure (2 votes)
blargonaut - #2,355
fluxwavez - #2,359
turmoil7 - #2,367 #2,369

power rangers (2 votes)
dr. monkey - #2,348 #2,365
rac - #2,349
sawneeks - #2,356

love boat (2 votes)
fluxwavez - #2,335 #2,359
pirate bae - #2,343
ceecee - #2,350

heroes vs villains (1 votes)
fran - #2,334 #2,364
geno - #2,336
turmoil7 - #2,340 #2,367
thechuggernaut - #2,351 #2,368

Post Counts:
grizzly: 4 thechuggernaut: 3 turmoil7: 3 fran: 2 dr. monkey: 2 cabot: 2 fluxwavez: 2 ketkat: 1 ceecee: 1 fandorin: 1 geno: 1 zubz: 1 rac: 1 brazil: 1 nin: 1 sorian: 1 pirate bae: 1 fantomas: 1 fireblend: 1 faddy: 1 kyanrute: 1 absolutbro: 1 sawneeks: 1 blargonaut: 1 natiko: 1

OP
OP
The Bear

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
Day Night 1 Ends

Night actions are locked and the vote has ended!

Call of Cthulhu is chosen as modifier for Day 2 and Night 2!

Day 2 starts in two hours.

OP
OP
The Bear

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
04_P4-preview_grande.jpg

"Cthulhu… why are you here in this time machine?"
"Blgggjgghhhghhghgg"
"I see. Did you also kill Geno?"
One of the members of the community pointed at the very dead body of Geno, who seemed to be alive not that long ago.
"Blgghghfgfh"
"Okay, so it wasn't you."

Geno has been removed from the game!

You have been summoned by the great Mafia Time Machine to protect the integrity and history of the games this community has played over the years. It seems that a malicious force is out to disrupt the harmony and results of games past and future, and it is your duty to stop them.

You are Faddy the Townie, which means Ordinary.

You do not have any special powers, but you can VOTE.

You are aligned with The Community, which means TOWN

You win when all threats to Town have been eliminated!

Game Thread is here: https://www.resetera.com/threads/mafiera-mafia-ot-the-day-of-the-blargonauts.91092/

Please confirm you have received this role PM by either replying to it, or posting in the game thread that you have received it

Day 2 Begins

CALL OF CTHULHU MAFIA Day Phase Modifier is in place!
Please read special rules under this post!

Majority is 13

Day 2 Ends in
nqosxcfkil

Last edited:
Day 2 Begins || Modifier Rules
OP
OP
The Bear

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
6a00d83452033569e2010535c74cb2970b-800wi.jpg

DAY 2 MODIFIER RULES

Call of Cthulhu Mafia
Season 3 Game
Original Gamerunner: mantis

Special Rules

The combination of the Time Cube's and Cthulu's influence has brainwashed all players for the next day and night phase. This brainwashing has pushed in next limitations to the game:

You are only allowed to post maximum 30 posts during the day phase. Please note that the usual minimum rule of 10 posts is still in place as well. Posting over 30 posts will result in a modkill, so please be careful.

Your first vote casted during this day phase is locked in as well. You are not allowed to unvote or change votes after placing in your first vote. The first vote is final. This rule is also in place during the next modifier vote as well.

Last edited:

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't care if this is a waste a 30 post maximum is the funniest modifier I've seen in a long time.

Good stuff, Bear.

Oct 25, 2017
Fran where's the townie proof?

Geno is not someone I expected to die today because he seemed like he was getting some scum reads. Also, I kind of hate this modifier.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
Why the hell did we select Cthulu?

Ok, claiming time.

Hi, I'm Kawl, town universal backup.

WTF does that mean you ask? Well, that would mean that I gain the role of the first town PR that dies.

Someone want to guess what my new role is?

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
RIP Geno/Faddy, at least no a PR

I expected Flux or Fran to die due to PR hints, probably they weren't because fear of a doc save?

You are only allowed to post maximum 30 posts during the day phase.

Not sure if this is a curse or a blessing

absolutbro careful of not getting modkilled

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Well that's quite the modifier. Not very good for someone like me. I'll get my read list out and ramble for a little bit in my first post just to get the majority of my immediate thoughts into one post.

Ok here's my read list. Town and Scum is ordered from most to least (so bottom halves are more of a lean), Null is in no particular order.

Town:
cabot
CeeCee
Natiko
Faddy
Kyanrute
Sorian
Dr. Monkey

Null:
Zubz
Brazil
Blargonaut
Fran
Fireblend
FluxWaveZ
rac
malus
Fandorin
Sawneeks
AbsolutBro

Scum:
KetKat
TheChuggernaut
Pirate Bae
turmoil7
nin

I did have Geno at the bottom of my Scum list, but above Nin. Not too surprised to see him as the kill though I suppose, he seems like a generally low info kill target for Scum.

Right now, I would want to vote for Ketkat. The fact that this modifier is going to lock my first vote in for the rest of the day is giving me a little bit of pause from doing it right now, but I don't see a reason why I won't vote for Ketkat today because I wanted her gone yesterday.

Pirate Bae is on my Scum list now because I don't feel good about her. She's got some strange seemingly contradictory opinions over the course of D1 that don't add up well to me. I don't know if she's just out there winging it, or if she's trying to deliberately give obfuscated reads. Either way, she's definitely in my top Scum list now.

I gave a reread to Chuggernaut overnight and I still wasn't a fan of what I found. A lot of parroting, a lot of presenting other people's reads and agreeing with them but not coming up with his own reasoning.

Fireblend

Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
[1/30]

Ah, feels like coming home.

Geno is an unexpected death, considering how he had plenty of suspicious eyes on him. I suppose he never committed to anything in particular so he could be seen as a low-info kill, but why not kill someone like AB or nin or someone who'd barely posted and had less town attention?

Also, my money is on less than half of the players reaching the post count limit.
Well, that makes up slightly for my legendarily bad shot I guess.
No it doesn't.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just going to go ahead and claim because I see where this is going. I'm town BP, Pedro. I'm only one shot which is why I was doubting Ceecee 3 shot thing and why I was thinking that a vig role might not make her town.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Fran where's the townie proof?

Geno is not someone I expected to die today because he seemed like he was getting some scum reads. Also, I kind of hate this modifier.

Honestly Geno being the target gives me some inklings about the Scum Team. He wouldn't be a big low-info Kill target, he was scumread, and he was playing close to the chest. If anything I think the Scum Team thought he was a PR and killed him because of it.

Ok, claiming time.

WTF does that mean you ask? Well, that would mean that I gain the role of the first town PR that dies.

This Day honestly keeps getting better.

Well that's quite the modifier. Not very good for someone like me. I'll get my read list out and ramble for a little bit in my first post just to get the majority of my immediate thoughts into one post.

Ok here's my read list. Town and Scum is ordered from most to least (so bottom halves are more of a lean), Null is in no particular order.

Town:
cabot
CeeCee
Natiko
Faddy
Kyanrute
Sorian
Dr. Monkey

Null:
Zubz
Brazil
Blargonaut
Fran
Fireblend
FluxWaveZ
rac
malus
Fandorin
Sawneeks
AbsolutBro

Scum:
KetKat
TheChuggernaut
Pirate Bae
turmoil7
nin

I did have Geno at the bottom of my Scum list, but above Nin. Not too surprised to see him as the kill though I suppose, he seems like a generally low info kill target for Scum.

Right now, I would want to vote for Ketkat. The fact that this modifier is going to lock my first vote in for the rest of the day is giving me a little bit of pause from doing it right now, but I don't see a reason why I won't vote for Ketkat today because I wanted her gone yesterday.

Pirate Bae is on my Scum list now because I don't feel good about her. She's got some strange seemingly contradictory opinions over the course of D1 that don't add up well to me. I don't know if she's just out there winging it, or if she's trying to deliberately give obfuscated reads. Either way, she's definitely in my top Scum list now.

I gave a reread to Chuggernaut overnight and I still wasn't a fan of what I found. A lot of parroting, a lot of presenting other people's reads and agreeing with them but not coming up with his own reasoning.

Weren't you saying last Day Phase how much you Town Read me? What happened?

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

Ok, claiming time.

I'm just going to go ahead and claim because I see where this is going. I'm town BP, Pedro. I'm only one shot which is why I was doubting Ceecee 3 shot thing and why I was thinking that a vig role might not make her town.
What was the point of both of you claiming right now?

1/30

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Ok, claiming time.

I have some errands to run so I was going to wait to burn my first post for when I got back home but I need to ask the obvious. Why did you have to wait until today to prove this? Backups should receive their new roles instantly,

cabot

Oct 25, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
OK Dokey.

I feel okay on Brazil after going through his posts and his leader choice. I wouldn't have went for Terra but I understood his reasons and his read was consistent. I was a little disappointed with how the end worked out because he only really interrogated terra, the other targets didn't get as much pressure (i guess some of them weren't there) but alas.

Sawneeks, in rebuttal to your CeeCee case

a) balance is a reasonable argument. Even though we don't know the game much yet, day shots are fairly powerful, and unless theres some special roleblock in play, unblockable. Even if that's the case, day 1 essentially grants a free, untraceable, unblockable kill. A scum having that power is relatively mad. A neutral is possible, but onto point
b) You said CeeCee would bring WIFOM and this conversation with it. That's a really bad reason to claim if you're not Town. If he never said anything and just shot Stan, then No one would seriously be thinking about CeeCee, and as Brazil said, he may be under pressure since he was next in line to be leader. No way CeeCee is less suspicious by claiming instead of shooting and staying quiet. Makes no sense to do this as a non-town alignment.
c) Your Town Hooker example is bad and you should feel bad for it. Hooker is a direct scum counter to a Town role. Going by his claim at least, vigi is a relatively common Town role. It's not unheard of as scum, but again we go back into reason b) as regards to why it wouldn't be a scum play. These are not the same.

As for how long he lives, well we can see if hes lying about having more shots for one.

The modifier is supporting my own theory that they aren't going to be too wild with regards to shaking the game up. I know there was talk of insanifying roles and such before this, so that's a mild relief.

I'm still firmly against Ketkat, and looking over Brazil's posts and responses made me feel less confident in Pirate Bae and Monkey.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Oh god there's no way I can stay under 30, holy shit, it's been real, peace out.

Guess it's good I'm busy today. I wanted to ask Geno why he would not weigh in on the lynch but WELP. Weird kill. Maybe PR hunting? Also wish Terra had just claimed. Brazil, would you have still killed him if he had? Who was your backup pick?

I'm probably not posting new reads for at least 24 hours. Will have to see how this shakes out.

King d1 and I guess d2 is King Fran, first of his name. That's good proof for sure. I'd consider Fran confirmed pre-use in that case.

My god I'm trying to cram everything into this post. Wait, reloading before I post. Why would you claim BP of all things?? Now? Here?

I wanted to vote LB but I'm gonna be real honest and say gunslinger CeeCee voting there made me nope out on that one. Guess it's good to do this one early but I'm sweating already. I've never posted so little. I'm scared, guys.

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Can we agree to not place votes at least for the first 24hs(if possible, if real life calls then no problem)

On post #2054 fireblends kill list was Terra, Flux(PR hinted), me/turmoil, zubz

If flux is town I say we have to look at this

I don't want to lynch flux at least for this day phase, we can work with his hint claim in the future, if he is scum he can't claim vanilla anymore so with more info on the setup we could work his alignment.

I'm still processing Fran's claim, so you are the Overrider now?

2/30

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Geno is a really bizarre kill considering several people were scum reading him. Thanks for saving me time, I guess? Need to do some rereading, especially around Geno to see if there was anything in particular that may have led to his death.

Good news is only one death, bad news is that means whatever neutral likely exists is playing for something less obvious.

I hate this modifier and I hate everyone that voted for it.

Also how could you kill me Brazil that was just rude. On a more serious note it was kind of strange how not forthcoming Terra was, but I guess it's never convincing when you have to claim vanilla which I can understand.

Ok, claiming time.

Was there a delay in the transfer or something? Guess there's not much point in questioning it though, it's not as if you won't verify your claim at some point.

RIP Geno/Faddy, at least no a PR

I expected Flux or Fran to die due to PR hints, probably they weren't because fear of a doc save?

Not sure if this is a curse or a blessing

absolutbro careful of not getting modkilled
Not sure that I feel great about a player that was pretty low key last phase having mental notes about who hinted at PRs.🤔

Groan. That was hasty and makes your power virtually useless if true. (Also scum would likely have a counter to the vig as well)

Post #1

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Weren't you saying last Day Phase how much you Town Read me? What happened?
Just realizing when putting it together that this is my first game playing with you, as well as Fandorin, and I don't trust myself to just hand out town reads like that, even if they are just lean towns based on post content. Nothing super scummy about either of you, so it's more just that I need more to go off of to feel more confident in those immediate D1 feelings I had.