• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
For Fran.

You're kinda right... But that's specifically because of this modifier. I wouldn't trust myself with the final vote. At least not now.

I think it takes someone with a strong conviction to be elected the leader and take the final shot at who should be lynched on Day 1.5. Voting for a lynch in a group is one thing, but having the final say?

Well, as I'm typing that, I realize that makes me sound more suspicious.

'Cause I don't like them.
Not really. But I'm definitely going to side-eye anyone who really wants to be the leader during this day phase.

Yeah, it's typical for Day 1. However, even on Day 1, the decision to lynch is based on the conversations we've had and whatever info might have come out. So the one who'll pull the trigger won't be doing it at random, and they should have some target in mind if they aim to be elected. Or else, why were they even made the leader?

I do, as I've shown in previous games. But when the spotlight's on you? I dunno, it's gonna be a weird ass feeling for whoever gets elected and does the final vote in the end, and it's something I never liked before.
I wouldn't trust myself with the final vote on any Day phase. It's a lot of power and responsibility. A lot of this is because the game just started, so we're still sussing out everyone's positions and it's wishy-washy because, really, at this point it should be.

I guess I'd have no problem being elected once I have a more solid position.

So then, why do you want to be the leader?
I'm fine with the leader mechanic, but I do not want to partake in pitting my name in the ring to be elected. Hell, the more people who want to be elected, the noisier and messier it will get. I'll definitely be voting for the one I think should make the final decision.
I always vote for the ones I believe would be the best to vote for, without caring for consensus.
I mean, now you're taking two different circumstances and mashing them together. I have had strong conviction for who to lynch on D1 before. I do not have that right now, and I may not have it later. Even if I do, I think I'd rather appeal to the leader instead of representing everyone on my own.

And sure, I agree that the leader doesn't need to have a direction themselves and, really, anyone who will give us the most information works. But I think that, naturally, those who will will be the ones who have something they want to achieve.
There are already people who want to be leader. Everyone wanting to be would be a mess of dumb "vote for me" posts. I'd rather have a small pool of candidates to observe instead of a wide array which dilutes any reasoning behind the elected.

While I do not agree necessarily with his stance, I feel better about Flux than I do about Fran because he took the time to answer questions and explain his reasoning. I don't feel like you did this particularly well, Fran, and instead got defensive and offered no explanations until pushed. That is the difference in my reads of the two of you.

For what it's worth, I feel better about you after talking to you a bit. I don't think I'd lynch you anymore. However, I am concerned because this isn't how you normally play. Not sure what to make of that yet.

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
WbvS85H.gif

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Sophia and yeah, you did give a read but you also quoted me and then gave an opposite read to mine with reasoning that had nothing to do with where my read came from so I reiterated since it seemed like you were either trying to challenge my read or convince me.

Yes I have a difference of opinion on Sophia's play. I don't think her behaviour has been scummy and has actively gone against what I know to be her scum tenancies.

I find your argument about her unconvincing.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
And how would this situation be different? Her past performance is definitely a strike against her being leader.
I don't want to be leader, so this works for me.

I mean, I already said this, but let's say it again as I catch up. I don't want to be responsible for a high pressure choice d1. Whether or not it's really high pressure is debatable, but it will feel high pressure for me and honestly, hard pass.

I'm leaning toward voting Fandorin myself, or possibly Natiko, but who knows, maybe by the time I get to post 392034 or whatever, they'll have said something off.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
For Fran.

While I do not agree necessarily with his stance, I feel better about Flux than I do about Fran because he took the time to answer questions and explain his reasoning. I don't feel like you did this particularly well, Fran, and instead got defensive and offered no explanations until pushed. That is the difference in my reads of the two of you.

For what it's worth, I feel better about you after talking to you a bit. I don't think I'd lynch you anymore. However, I am concerned because this isn't how you normally play. Not sure what to make of that yet.
Since you've been reading Flux closely, what's your take on Terra? He seems like the more obvious counterpart to Flux instead of Fran.

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
I feel all this banter on who deserves to be elected, trifling. I am the protagonist. Why don't you all vote tasty for once and let the flavour determine this decision? You're all so rude

Except Faddy

Faddy's who voted for me, right?

I won't even bother checking if I'm right

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
I feel all this banter on who deserves to be elected, trifling. I am the protagonist. Why don't you all vote tasty for once and let the flavour determine this decision? You're all so rude

Except Faddy

If we were to let flavor determine this decision you should already be dead by this point my good man

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
That's the kind of blind faith I deserve

Where else will you find one amongst us who actually practices what they preach?

I am your ideal candidate

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017

Except Faddy

I'm in your debt so you know I have to work my way out of it somehow.

Pirate Bae

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
Since you've been reading Flux closely, what's your take on Terra? He seems like the more obvious counterpart to Flux instead of Fran.

How so? Nothing he's said has stood out to me in particular. Maybe because I partially agree with his stance, maybe because he only has a few posts of substance.

I am interested to see how he votes today, however. His initial self-vote seemed a little off. I'm not sure if that was intended to be a joke or not.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
How so? Nothing he's said has stood out to me in particular. Maybe because I partially agree with his stance, maybe because he only has a few posts of substance.

I am interested to see how he votes today, however. His initial self-vote seemed a little off. I'm not sure if that was intended to be a joke or not.
Half of the Flux posts you just quoted were part of a discussion between him and Terra. Did Terra really draw all of that from Flux without having any substance himself?

Giant Panda

Oct 25, 2017
Disagree. I think scum would definitely want the leader role since it is a free mislynch. Plus sitting back is only going to draw attention to themselves for being inactive and then getting shot on day 1 because the town leader wants to make a virtuous kill.
I agree with this post, though I think scum might be hesitant to push a scum partner too hard for leader. But I definitely see a few of the scum appealing to the entire group to become leader.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
You're just the last in a long line but why does this keep getting quoted with no follow up? It's the epitome of low hanging fruit and hardly the problematic part of her posts in that area.

Maybe because we are just waiting for Sophia to explain her vote? And why she changed it again to Flux.

Pirate Bae

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
Half of the Flux posts you just quoted were part of a discussion between him and Terra. Did Terra really draw all of that from Flux without having any substance himself?

Hardly anything in Terra's posts to Flux give any indication of what he himself thinks. All he did was prod.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
In my experience Sophia is more likely to be self conscious when she is mafia so her being inconsistent or at least quickly changing stances is kind of townie for her.

Her posts, almost back to back, almost certainly did not constitute a change of opinion or an inconsistency. It's something strategic. And this?
You're not wrong, but I'm also trying to get a read on my beloved Blargonaut-senpai too~

I'm trying to think of what game it was... but Blarg was scum in it and this reminds me of how he played that game.

Feels super unbelievable. She's been making targeted strikes since the thread started.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
This is the first time one of you asked a question. All the posts were either one liners or gifs.

I though that with my gif it was pretty obvious that I was hoping for some explanation.

Maybe I was wrong, so let's do it the official way:

Sophia Why did you voted Blarg? And why did you changed your vote so quickly for Flux?

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh. Outside of GIF mafia, I haven't played in months. Feels weird. Rusty.

So far, on the leadership front, I would not vote:
Geno
Faddy
Fran
^^these for meta reasons
Sophia - is the one person who seems to be moving with an agenda today
Sorian - though Sorian has struck me as pretty townie so far, I do not trust my judgment of Sorian at all, period.

and I would consider voting:
Fandorin, who's so far been kinda where I feel like I am
cabot, similarly
Stan, meta - Stan will go with the majority, I believe, unless someone enrages him
Zubz - also meta, but just because I have seen Zubz rethink a position and change their mind before, but honestly, that's rare in our community. For a game of argument, we are bad about changing our minds.

^^these are subject to change if they start acting suspect

No opinion yet on others for leadership considerations.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I used you to point at an issue (and to hold you a bit more accountable since I didn't quote the others).
I mean, whatever, that's fine I guess, but sometimes I'm gonna just react as I read and then not really say more until I get to the end and have seen other reactions/developments. You're gonna get what you're gonna get.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Hardly anything in Terra's posts to Flux give any indication of what he himself thinks. All he did was prod.
I don't buy it. Terra put himself in clear opposition to Flux with posts like the one below - he definitely went further beyond mere prodding.

That last bit is a fair position. But I still don't like the "I do not have that right now" blurb. As I said before, unless someone has exclusive info, it would be more suspicious than indicative of a proper leader for one to have a "strong conviction" less than an hour after a game commences. There's next to no chance the person who ends up being leader 47 hours from now currently knows exactly who they're voting for without fail.

I just see the idea of putting yourself down so hard to be more suspect than those attempting to elevate themselves this early into the day.
Either purposefully or inadvertedly, you never gave Terra even a passing mention, and that seems weird to me when you're already scrutinizing Flux so much with only a few hours into the game.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, and while Flux strikes me as townie, not sure I'd vote there for leader - would rather see what happens when the scrutiny is off him to see if that read sticks.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I wanted to pressure him. Blarg's slipped up in past games when voted for.
How is voting him for leader applying pressure? While it would be funny to vote for Blarg in the Blarg game, I'm pretty confident that most of us would not want to leave the day one vote in his hands regardless, so it's probably not going to go anywhere.

Pirate Bae

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
I don't buy it. Terra put himself in clear opposition to Flux with posts like the one below - he definitely went further beyond mere prodding.

Either purposefully or inadvertedly, you never gave Terra even a passing mention, and that seems weird to me when you're already scrutinizing Flux so much with only a few hours into the game.
I said "hardly".

The post you quoted still gives little information about Terra, who he would vote for if elected, etc.

I've been scrutinizing Flux so much because I found his stance to be concerning. So I pushed him on it. And then I pushed Fran on it. It's something that stood out to me in a game in its early stages with very little info to go on.

Nothing Terra has said has particularly stood out to me, therefore I have had no reason to interact with him. Just been watching, as I watch everyone.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

Are you talking about me? I never voted myself. In fact I called out those who did self vote (although that has nothing to do with my read as I feel ever so slightly better about those who self voted rather than choosing to do the inverse)

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
Monkey beat me but how could you pressure him when we are nor voting for lynching him?

But let's say that I believe you: You changed your vote for Flux 10 minutes after you voted Blarg. Why? Did you made a read on Blarg? Can you share it with us?

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
How is voting him for leader applying pressure? While it would be funny to vote for Blarg in the Blarg game, I'm pretty confident that most of us would not want to leave the day one vote in his hands regardless, so it's probably not going to go anywhere.

It got me an interesting reaction back here that reminded me of one game where Blarg was scum.

lol you think I was being serious on D1? Soph pls

My real target would be the second-place candidate because obvs. anyone that popular so as to have threatened me would immediately need to die upon my seizing of Power.

These kind of posts from Blarg where he drops his guard are far more valuable for reading him then the semi-random-but-not-so-random stuff he posts.

Pirate Bae

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
Are you talking about me? I never voted myself. In fact I called out those who did self vote (although that has nothing to do with my read as I feel ever so slightly better about those who self voted rather than choosing to do the inverse)
Yeah, my bad. I thought you did but I got you confused with Geno.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It got me an interesting reaction back here that reminded me of one game where Blarg was scum.

These kind of posts from Blarg where he drops his guard are far more valuable for reading him then the semi-random-but-not-so-random stuff he posts.

I don't see how that post his a guard drop. It reads about as surface level as the one where he said he'd vote the lowest post count.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, my bad. I thought you did but I got you confused with Geno.
that's fair

I don't think that's any evidence of Blarg dropping his guard, nor am I particularly convinced by the first when you're all "I dunno, some game, some time." Do you think he's telling you the truth? If so, why?

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
If I had to vote from someone (lynch vote not vote for a leader), Flux and Soph stand out to me as obvious picks (the former for stated reasons and the latter for a more erratic approach), but as I was skimming back a bit, Fireblend caught my eye as well. He stands out more so for coming in acting so surprised at how many posts there were, then he proceeded to write some fluff and dip when his initial post seemed to imply that he would at least catch up and provide some thoughts on the events that had transpired. I'm not used to seeing such a weak opening from him.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
10 pgs Jesus Tapdancing Fuck its gonna be a real one of these games aint it.

Im at work all day and yall are posting way to much for me to catch up on during breaks so dont expect to meaningfully hear from me for a while.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
If I had to vote from someone (lynch vote not vote for a leader), Flux and Soph stand out to me as obvious picks (the former for stated reasons and the latter for a more erratic approach), but as I was skimming back a bit, Fireblend caught my eye as well. He stands out more so for coming in acting so surprised at how many posts there were, then he proceeded to write some fluff and dip when his initial post seemed to imply that he would at least catch up and provide some thoughts on the events that had transpired. I'm not used to seeing such a weak opening from him.
If I remember correctly, Febe got d1 lynched in... Dark Souls? No, something with a flip, but around that time - for a similar entrance. He was town. I remember 'cause I went kinda hard on it, too, thinking along these lines. So I'd say see if there's another reason to suspect him. I mean, keep it on the list or whatever, because that was a while ago, but I wouldn't make it my #1.

Pirate Bae

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
So who would you vote as leader today?