• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Geno

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Thessaloniki
Kinda the opposite of what you posted haha.

Pretty clear to me that Town would get really suspicious at LYLO/MYLO if a "cleared Townie" didn't get killed throughout the game.
It always depends on the situation, take Marvel Mafia for example, the game had like 3-4 cleared townies by the end of it. Of course I'm not expecting any scum member to agree to take one for the team, and someone doing it on their own is rude and unsportsmanlike so I won't think about the possibility for now.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I mean, now you're taking two different circumstances and mashing them together. I have had strong conviction for who to lynch on D1 before. I do not have that right now, and I may not have it later. Even if I do, I think I'd rather appeal to the leader instead of representing everyone on my own.

And sure, I agree that the leader doesn't need to have a direction themselves and, really, anyone who will give us the most information works. But I think that, naturally, those who will will be the ones who have something they want to achieve.
That last bit is a fair position. But I still don't like the "I do not have that right now" blurb. As I said before, unless someone has exclusive info, it would be more suspicious than indicative of a proper leader for one to have a "strong conviction" less than an hour after a game commences. There's next to no chance the person who ends up being leader 47 hours from now currently knows exactly who they're voting for without fail.

I just see the idea of putting yourself down so hard to be more suspect than those attempting to elevate themselves this early into the day.

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
sue8WwT.gif

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Alright Ive read through most of the day now including the modifier. No strong feeling on who to vote for as leader rn. Of course it'd be my pleasure to lead you all to victory if given the chance though. I am known for being very trustworthy in these games.

This feels like such an odd reply. It's not my first game Terra, I know :)
Yeah I know, which is why I don't understand why you appeared to have such confusion if you know this to almost always be the case.

rac

Oct 25, 2017
and i agree with cabot so far about fran

i would think he's the type of player that wouldn't shy away from making a choice like this even on day one
but last game i played with him he tried to lynch me day one and was scum, so

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oh God there's 5 pages of this already?

Don't look at me!

Let's not forget Monkey's override in the invitational. She got out of that one despite lynching town Blarg over scum Sorian.

"Got out of it" She made a choice as a town member where she had no definitive info, there was nothing to get out of, what are you angling at?

if i was leader as scum i just buss a teammate 100% and then win on the final day

Too bad that rarely ever works in this community since skepticism is higher on average here, that's how you win on mafia universe though.

I agree on picking a governor, then the remaining 26 players picking 2 candidates for the governor to choose from, I think that is how we get the most info, so I 'm liking Sorian and Natiko for proposing it.

It will require communicating in an understandable way, so I don't think I will vote for blarg as governor, but not because I necesarily scum read him, but because I have a hard time following blargspeak.

I don't think I proposed that? Not purposely at least, if anything, I just kept playing devil's advocate to Natiko until something new came loose.

----

Also, side note for myself, liking cabot so far. He's already analyzing which is a good sign.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017

i would think he's the type of player that wouldn't shy away from making a choice like this even on day one

So, what? I don't understand the last part.

And we had a similar choice in Quarentine and I also didn't want the leader position even when I was "town" (or not scum at least) there so there you have an example.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
That last bit is a fair position. But I still don't like the "I do not have that right now" blurb. As I said before, unless someone has exclusive info, it would be more suspicious than indicative of a proper leader for one to have a "strong conviction" less than an hour after a game commences. There's next to no chance the person who ends up being leader 47 hours from now currently knows exactly who they're voting for without fail.

I just see the idea of putting yourself down so hard to be more suspect than those attempting to elevate themselves this early into the day.
There are already people who want to be leader. Everyone wanting to be would be a mess of dumb "vote for me" posts. I'd rather have a small pool of candidates to observe instead of a wide array which dilutes any reasoning behind the elected.

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
I have been talking about this for a while. Now it seems that you wanted a weak excuse without even reading my posts.

Yes, I saw these posts already.

What I mean by "weak" is that you add nothing of substance to your explanations. You say you don't trust yourself. Why? Why are you afraid of screwing up on D1?

Killing a townie is a risk we always take, especially on D1. As a veteran player, you know this. So why are you concerned about it now? And why would you want someone else to take the fall if they lynch a townie? The only people who usually play with self-preservation in mind are scum.

I'm just getting bad vibes from you.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, I get wanting to vote for a strong town read, makes sense.

Why is Sorian an outlier though and needs near certainty?

I'm trying hard not to step on questions for once but I will here just for the obvious. Faddy always treats me like junk in games and I'm sure he has an even bigger chip on his shoulder after I used him to screw p the last game we were in royally.

I'll quote this for the general sentiment. I am auto skeptical of the mechanics talk so quick and specifically the big post of nothing but his stance on why he doesn't want to be leader is spot on. It's rare for him to be bullheaded early, he usually needs 2-3 days before he gets on someone.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, I get wanting to vote for a strong town read, makes sense.

Why is Sorian an outlier though and needs near certainty?

I'm past giving him the benefit of the doubt. Handing over the lynch to him without being almost completely sure is shooting ourselves in the foot.

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Huh? What's specific is how you came to this conclusion that I was talking about scum suspecting each other. Weird.

I was talking about how a leader voting for scum doesn't mean that the leader is town. I thought that was pretty straightforward, until your reply.
Well, you kinda responded against rac's idea reminding us that if the leader nailed scum with his vote out of nowhere, then he wouldn't be free of suspicions. That's true, but at the same time scum could just set up a preemptive bus today on another scum mate to avoid this. You bringing that up even so caught my attention.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm past giving him the benefit of the doubt. Handing over the lynch to him without being almost completely sure is shooting ourselves in the foot.

lol Even with your default stance on me, you know this makes no sense. Why do you give anyone the benefit of the doubt? Meta all day, I sure do, but being good at scum does not make someone more likely to be scum.

cabot

Oct 25, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
Love boat is in the list, right?

We can save Soriaddy.

Don't share Faddy's intense burning desire doubts on Sorian for a leader choice, but there's plenty of time to decide.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
This is going to be a talkative game.
Some people are better reading players with less info. I don't work like that so I don't trust myself with making a good choice early in the game.
I like this take more than Flux's early one primarily because Fran's reads more as not being confident in his own abilities whereas Flux initially was arguing that he didn't want the responsibility in general. He's since tried to morph his argument some which I'm indifferent on.

Is it?

Flux has taken the same stance as you but I've still gathered a lot of information about him and his play. I don't feel that way about you, no matter how early in the game it is.
But if you don't like the stance in general why is it the player that is fighting the hardest to not be leader is the one you're viewing as the better of two choices?

i dont wanna vote for anybobby because no much info not that good playerz :( is SCARED is BAA sheep tell me who follow

no lunch
Are you saying you want a no lynch?

if i was leader as scum i just buss a teammate 100% and then win on the final day
I somehow don't think that would actually pan out that way.

RNG for me, accountability for thee

But seriously, regardless of whether or not I actually pulled a name out of a hat, no one else in the game would be able to verify that and I would expect people to question why I chose whoever I did. It just sounded like a fun idea at the time to throw out for no real reason. At least no one's advocated for a no lynch on Day 1 yet!
I- I don't know if you thought this response would make me feel better, but it doesn't.

For those of you don't know, my name is Blargonaut.
Hi Blargonaut, it's nice to meet you.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, I saw these posts already.

What I mean by "weak" is that you add nothing of substance to your explanations. You say you don't trust yourself. Why? Why are you afraid of screwing up on D1?

Killing a townie is a risk we always take, especially on D1. As a veteran player, you know this. So why are you concerned about it now? And why would you want someone else to take the fall if they lynch a townie? The only people who usually play with self-preservation in mind are scum.

I'm just getting bad vibes from you.

I'm not afraid of screwing up. I just think that are people that are more capable to make a good read with little info than myself. I usually need more info to make a read. So if someone else is better than me why would I candidate myself?

I prefer to give the role to someone else who may do a better job. It's the more logical thing to do.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
But if you don't like the stance in general why is it the player that is fighting the hardest to not be leader is the one you're viewing as the better of two choices?
I'm not fighting to not be leader. Vote for me all you want, it's whatever. But I'm saying I'm not gonna be going on any campaigns here.

OP
OP
The Bear

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
Vote tool seems to be slightly borked, but it is online at least.

==== DAY 1 VOTES ====
Day Start

fluxwavez (2 votes)
zubz - #101
sophia - #132

terraforce (1 votes)
shadowswordmaster - #85

blargonaut (1 votes)
faddy - #94

geno (1 votes)
geno - #77

sorian (1 votes)
terraforce - #104

fandorin (1 votes)
brazil - #172

fireblend (1 votes)
fandorin - #324

natiko
(1 votes) natiko - #79

Post Counts: geno: 24 terraforce: 22 fran: 20 sophia: 19 fluxwavez: 18 natiko: 17 pirate bae: 15 cabot: 14 blargonaut: 14 fandorin: 13 sorian: 12 faddy: 10 ketkat: 9 rac: 8 kyanrute: 8 grizzly: 4 fireblend: 4 giant panda: 3 brazil: 3 shadowswordmaster: 3 zubz: 3 dr. monkey: 2 turmoil7: 2

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
In case you didn't notice, this game is based on my prior exploits. I am only here to serve as my guide.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I see no problem on voting for oneself, and I don't understand the "I wound't like to be elected" attitude, seems to be avoidant of taking heat. Although it's hard to using it as alignment indicative. I guess I would kill Flux over Fran on it, Fran just comes as more authentic to me.

We have 24 hours to discuss the lynch after we choose the leader so it wouldn't be too hard to coordinate.

Personally I wouldn't risk it. It's not like we are short on potential townies to be electing a cryptic player.

I don't think I proposed that? Not purposely at least, if anything, I just kept playing devil's advocate to Natiko until something new came loose.

It looked like that to me in a first read

--
Rac looks like he's flying low to me, starts with a joke, then not a lot, then follows sorian on his cabot read, not liking him right now.

I need to reread and sort my thoughts

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
We have no new players in here anymore, right?

I love how Sofia's the only one entertaining Blarg's antics so far haha.