• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

turmoil7

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
catching up

If elected, i will pack the courts, kill the blargs and give medicare for all

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
ShadowSwordmaster has dropped out of the game

I'm looking for a replacement.
giphy.gif

We will never know now.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
Talking about modifiers:

I think we should decide during the day phase what modifier we will select during the night phase. Lest risk of getting something that could screw us over.

Predictions:

Star Wars – This was a pretty normal game. Scum were separated into 2 teams but I don't see that as a modifier. Blarg played some games so could be that or I think someone had a gun and had a vote for who will get it. Any of those 2.

Archer – Easy: Mission mechanic. I think we should keep this one until game end as it could help us separate scum from town.

Call of Cthulhu – I don't remember much about this one. I think it had a cult?

NX –This was pretty normal but Grizzly saying that D1 had a lot of activity makes me think that it's related to activity.

Love Boat –Easy: Pair game. Could be a good idea to select it early in the game.

Disney Princess – I don't remember anything about this one so I don't have a clue.

The Price is Right – Easy: Price is right minigame for items. Another one to use early.

Pineapple Pizza – I don't remember anything that could be used as a modifier for this one. The only unusual thing is that it had a beloved princess so maybe that. I would avoid this one.

Dark Souls – This was an open setup with no flips. Likely that we have a no janitor lynch. Another that I would avoid.

Heroes vs Villains – This is tricky because it had a lot of things going on. It could be the seven dragons, pokemon battles or bullshit RNG auto win but I will go with the chest mechanic. This is a really good one to use early in the game.

Power Rangers – Another easy one: Costume day.

Conspiracy – I'm surprised this one is here. The game was only a couple of months ago and Grizzly didn't saw the design until a couple of day before the game started so it's a last minute addition. It's likely the map mechanic but the game had a secret vote so it could be that too.

McDonalds Treasure Land Adventure – No clue as it's based in a non existant game.

Bar 2: Even More Booze – No clue but as it's not Bar 1 I think it's not related to it. Wild guess: everyone is drunk during the night phase and targets randomly.

RNG Mafia - Another not based in any game but the name points to some RNG modifiers.

I think most of these guesses are right although the only game I played in is Power Rangers and that is the one I think is wrong.

Unless there has been a change in ERA policies or the game moves completely to Outer I don't think it will be costume. The other mechanic in Power Rangers was my role where I had to find a specific person. i think that is more likely with the way this game is set up.

I reviewed a McDonald's game but I don't think I am allowed to talk about it.

Love Boat or Price is Right would be my pick for the next phases. Either get early items to help or have good pairs reads.

Was Blarg in all these games btw?

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
Speculating on this feels like its going to lead to a lot of mechanics talk that just gives cover for scum. He could pull any single mechanic from each game or throw in the whole kitchen sink. At the end of the day, it's still Bear, he's going to have balanced each day so that there probably some pros for town and some pros for scum.

I knew that someone would bring that up. The important part of the post is that I think we should decide where we vote during the day instead of hoping to be lucky.

ShadowSwordmaster has dropped out of the game

I'm looking for a replacement.

Did we spook him already?

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
This isn't your first game, right? I'm sure after 48 hours you can come to some consensus on who to vote for as the leader.
Yeah, but it's different when it's not a consensus and it's only 1 person doing it.

I'll say straight up: If I ended up being the leader—barring any damning evidence—I'd only take who others wanted to vote for as a suggestion.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
I think most of these guesses are right although the only game I played in is Power Rangers and that is the one I think is wrong.

Unless there has been a change in ERA policies or the game moves completely to Outer I don't think it will be costume. The other mechanic in Power Rangers was my role where I had to find a specific person. i think that is more likely with the way this game is set up.

Love Boat or Price is Right would be my pick for the next phases. Either get early items to help or have good pairs reads.

I believe that we will have a day phase in outer mafia with the costume game. It wouldn't be too hard.

I don't remember all but Blarg didn't played HvV but was there as a NPC.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a walking target in any game I go into it, even when I've directly lynched scum before, I've still been held in the camp of "well, it is Sorian so we still have to worry about him" so not like it really matters to me in that regard. Beyond that, just the usual of I at least know my alignment and that's more than I can say of others. I poke at people self-voting because anyone with any sense knows that will just cause people to not vote for you which makes that gesture more odd. I expect Geno to be as dense as a rock, Natiko usually does better,

Being wrong is of mild concern, that's to be expected just via odds. Being right is a good read because I can't see scums actually overriding themselves and most of all, the real read is the justification. Being able to fall on others voting is the same as putting all your accountability into an RNG vote like you are talking to Ket about.
Rude, I just want to get redemption after being robbed in Quaruntine.

As to the second bit - I agree that a scum lynch is obviously the strongest scenario for getting a read on someone, but I'm inclined to say if it came off the backs of multiple people vying for it instead of one person just RNGing that selection it will get us more info.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, but it's different when it's not a consensus and it's only 1 person doing it.

I'll say straight up: If I ended up being the leader—barring any damning evidence—I'd only take who others wanted to vote for as a suggestion.
So you're saying under no circumstances have you ever played a game where you voted someone d1 with any conviction? I find that very hard to believe.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
So you're saying under no circumstances have you ever played a game where you voted someone d1 with any conviction? I find that very hard to believe.
What? No, that's not what I'm saying at all, and those who are in this game who have played in games I was in should know that full well. I always vote for the ones I believe would be the best to vote for, without caring for consensus.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
You'd think it'd be more unnatural if you didn't screw up in the first few days...

I know but if someone else screw up I don't have to feel bad about killing a townie.

Do you trust someone more than yourself at this stage in the game already to give up a leadership role?

Is it me?

Just say it's me. I'll accept.

Based on meta I'm leaning to vote Monkey, Sorian, you/Brazil or Faddy, in that order.

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know but if someone else screw up I don't have to feel bad about killing a townie.

Based on meta I'm leaning to vote Monkey, Sorian, you/Brazil or Faddy, in that order.

Aren't both Monkey and Sorian really scary as scum players though? Do you really trust them with that?

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
I would probably lynch Fran if elected. Flux, at least, has given explanations for his views regarding the mechanic. I don't agree, but at least he's participating.

I feel like we've gotten nothing of value out of Fran.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
I have had no access to a McDonalds game, and I don't know anything about it. Any information on a McDonalds game that exists has nothing to do with this game.
Interesting clarification. Makes me want to just outright avoid this one. Who knows what we'd be stepping into lol

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
Aren't both Monkey and Sorian really scary as scum players though? Do you really trust them with that?

But they are alse really good at reading players as town. Those read are meta so I have 48hs to change them with how they play during this phase if I don't feel okay with them.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
What? No, that's not what I'm saying at all, and those who are in this game who have played in games I was in should know that full well. I always vote for the ones I believe would be the best to vote for, without caring for consensus.
Then why are you so "wishy washy" as you yourself put it? Why do you have a problem holding the final vote if you knowingly vote for who you think deserves it regardless of what others say? Almost sounds like the inverse of your initial position. I don't see how "strong conviction and votes for the best vote" are indicative of a poor leader.

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's mafia. Do you really trust anyone?

It's more that I trust people who play scum really well even less and I'm wary about giving them any ammunition they can use. Realistically, I could see scumMonkey or scumSorian using it as an extra night kill and being able to talk their way out of it just fine.

cabot

Oct 25, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
Hi! I'm Dr. Monkey. I'm not a real doctor (yet/soooon) so you can just call me monkey. This is prewritten because I cannot contain my excitement about this gaming and finding out what all the weird modifiers are gonna be. Also because the day starts when I'm supposed to be prepping/starting dinner, so I will probably not be available immediately.

Likes: Substance, fun, gifs, lynching all liars, making random spreadsheets and shit that may or may not be useful

Dislikes: Liars, tomfoolery for tomfoolery's sake, long slow walks on the beach (all that uneven turf, man)

addition after game start: holy shit, I just read the modifier. So we get one leader and the leader decides? Anyway, I'll be back in a while. I have to give this some thought anyway.

pre-typed posts are tomfoolery in my book.

You've lost thirteen points.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Then why are you so "wishy washy" as you yourself put it? Why do you have a problem holding the final vote if you knowingly vote for who you think deserves it regardless of what others say? Almost sounds like the inverse of your initial position. I don't see how "strong conviction and votes for the best vote" are indicative of a poor leader.
Hey, I'd appreciate it if you didn't keep twisting my words to form an argument. I said the opposite: "strong conviction" is the sign of a strong leader. The one who should be voted for this day phase is someone who actually has a plan, an objective, and a goal in mind for the benefit of ultimately lynching scum. Not someone random who doesn't have a clear position or reason to want to be leader.

For me, I don't currently have a plan like that, or a reason to want to be leader over someone else other than the potential of having scum ending up being elected.

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm... no preference huh? Any opinions on the current posters in general then?
I'm actually wary of you at the moment. I know how good at you are at creating suspiciouns on others without being incisive about it, and your "push" on Flux got my attention. And you're a mod now, so you'll obviously play even better.

(Fran's "btw I don't want to be elected as well" is also notable, and I get the feeling Terra is still testing the water).

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

I read this and then remembered Grizzly is a mod and technically, he could go full crazy and just make alt accounts for everyone on here :P I don't think that's the case but it made me chuckle as a thought.

I knew that someone would bring that up. The important part of the post is that I think we should decide where we vote during the day instead of hoping to be lucky.

At the end of the day, guesses are just guesses. I'm voting Cthulhu and I'm hoping it gives someone the power to delete someone else and themselves because that is still my favorite thing from this community but yeah, it could be cults, it could be just a book with multiple powers, it could split the scum team for a day, that's the real issue, every game on that list has multiple things they could do and I could probably come up with a town positive for all of them.

cabot if you lynch Flux or Fran, I'll vote for you.

I don't disagree with the sentiment but this seems pre-mature to be making promises that you probably won't keep.

I know I'm a part of this question so what I say has less weight but what does it matter if I'm scary as scum? Either I'm scum and am going to choose whatever town member I want for optimal cover or I'm town and am going to make my best guess/defer to the group. Being a good scum player really has no bearing on what the person will do, either they are scum in this game or they are not.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually wary of you at the moment. I know how good at you are at creating suspiciouns on others without being incisive about it, and your "push" on Flux got my attention. And you're a mod now, so you'll obviously play even better.

(Fran's "btw I don't want to be elected as well" is also notable, and I get the feeling Terra is still testing the water).

I don't think being a mod is going to make me play any better, other than ensuring that I'm on my best behavior.

It's good that you're wary of me, of least.

cabot

Oct 25, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
It's more that I trust people who play scum really well even less and I'm wary about giving them any ammunition they can use. Realistically, I could see scumMonkey or scumSorian using it as an extra night kill and being able to talk their way out of it just fine.

define how these fine people would use it as an extra night kill, and subsequently get out of it.