• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
He says he wouldn't trust himself with the vote. It's very wishy-washy. So I want to see him voted leader to force him to make a vote so we get more info on him.

Yes, I agree it's wishy-washy, and makes me suspicious of him (hence the prods for more info), but I wouldn't go so far as to elect someone I didn't trust and give them power over the day phase. The trade-off of information vs. exclusive power doesn't seem worth it.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't trust myself with the final vote on any Day phase. It's a lot of power and responsibility. A lot of this is because the game just started, so we're still sussing out everyone's positions and it's wishy-washy because, really, at this point it should be.

I guess I'd have no problem being elected once I have a more solid position.

I don't get it in the slightest. What's there to be wishy washy about on Day 1, unless you're not town?

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There's a difference in voting with flimsy reasoning and purely RNGing it though. With RNG you're essentially trying to say you hold no responsibility for who the vote lands on. Dislike.

You can't hold leaders responsible for their actions, that's not how the world works!

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
There's pros and cons to both ways. Doing it like this is the most vanilla way of handling it since it gives us the same info any day 1 would. Letting them choose, even with some consul from others gives us a more direct read on one person.
It's going to be a crapshoot like D1 almost always is though (especially with this many players). Short of hitting scum I can't imagine getting a very solid read from letting someone choose solo unless they go cavalier and refuse to lynch what a majority of people want.

Pirate Bae

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
Not really. But I'm definitely going to side-eye anyone who really wants to be the leader during this day phase.

Yeah, it's typical for Day 1. However, even on Day 1, the decision to lynch is based on the conversations we've had and whatever info might have come out. So the one who'll pull the trigger won't be doing it at random, and they should have some target in mind if they aim to be elected. Or else, why were they even made the leader?

I do, as I've shown in previous games. But when the spotlight's on you? I dunno, it's gonna be a weird ass feeling for whoever gets elected and does the final vote in the end, and it's something I never liked before.

It's a risk regardless of whether you're the leader or not. Just depends on how you view this scenario.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
Talking about modifiers:

I think we should decide during the day phase what modifier we will select during the night phase. Lest risk of getting something that could screw us over.

Predictions:

Star Wars – This was a pretty normal game. Scum were separated into 2 teams but I don't see that as a modifier. Blarg played some games so could be that or I think someone had a gun and had a vote for who will get it. Any of those 2.

Archer – Easy: Mission mechanic. I think we should keep this one until game end as it could help us separate scum from town.

Call of Cthulhu – I don't remember much about this one. I think it had a cult?

NX –This was pretty normal but Grizzly saying that D1 had a lot of activity makes me think that it's related to activity.

Love Boat –Easy: Pair game. Could be a good idea to select it early in the game.

Disney Princess – I don't remember anything about this one so I don't have a clue.

The Price is Right – Easy: Price is right minigame for items. Another one to use early.

Pineapple Pizza – I don't remember anything that could be used as a modifier for this one. The only unusual thing is that it had a beloved princess so maybe that. I would avoid this one.

Dark Souls – This was an open setup with no flips. Likely that we have a no janitor lynch. Another that I would avoid.

Heroes vs Villains – This is tricky because it had a lot of things going on. It could be the seven dragons, pokemon battles or bullshit RNG auto win but I will go with the chest mechanic. This is a really good one to use early in the game.

Power Rangers – Another easy one: Costume day.

Conspiracy – I'm surprised this one is here. The game was only a couple of months ago and Grizzly didn't saw the design until a couple of day before the game started so it's a last minute addition. It's likely the map mechanic but the game had a secret vote so it could be that too.

McDonalds Treasure Land Adventure – No clue as it's based in a non existant game.

Bar 2: Even More Booze – No clue but as it's not Bar 1 I think it's not related to it. Wild guess: everyone is drunk during the night phase and targets randomly.

RNG Mafia - Another not based in any game but the name points to some RNG modifiers.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
1QId2El.gif
RSsTHBK.gif
1QId2El.gif

RhcYkao.gif

Pirate Bae

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
I forgot that I was in The Price is Right.

Wait, why isn't Anime Mafia on here???? (╬ಠ益ಠ)

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
He says he wouldn't trust himself with the vote. It's very wishy-washy. So I want to see him voted leader to force him to make a vote so we get more info on him.
Figured as much. My intention was to do the same. Otherwise this can easily devolve into a popularity contest/voting for 'that one notable vet.' That way even though this is a vote of confidence we can in some ways still use our vote to pressure people. Though with so many perspectives it's hard to say how everyone will take it, and it'll be more difficult to push people to your cause if they disagree with such a mindset.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
What do you mean? All we know are our own roles. There's everything to be wishy-washy about. That is, until we get more information.

You're still town tho, are you not?

Yes, I agree it's wishy-washy, and makes me suspicious of him (hence the prods for more info), but I wouldn't go so far as to elect someone I didn't trust and give them power over the day phase. The trade-off of information vs. exclusive power doesn't seem worth it.

I'm not really worried about it, honestly. Information is more important this early in the game.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Talking about modifiers:

I think we should decide during the day phase what modifier we will select during the night phase. Lest risk of getting something that could screw us over.
I think that's a good idea, instead of everyone doing their own thing when Night hits. I like what Natiko proposed, that the pair mechanic of Love Boat could give us some good info early on. That's my vote right now.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Damn Marvel Maf wasn't this season? I must have been out for a while. Only played through HvV myself. Heard some good things about Love Boat so I'm partial to that one right now.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Talking about modifiers:

Predictions:

Star Wars – This was a pretty normal game. Scum were separated into 2 teams but I don't see that as a modifier. Blarg played some games so could be that or I think someone had a gun and had a vote for who will get it. Any of those 2.

Archer – Easy: Mission mechanic. I think we should keep this one until game end as it could help us separate scum from town.

NX –This was pretty normal but Grizzly saying that D1 had a lot of activity makes me think that it's related to activity.

Love Boat –Easy: Pair game. Could be a good idea to select it early in the game.

Disney Princess – I don't remember anything about this one so I don't have a clue.

The Price is Right – Easy: Price is right minigame for items. Another one to use early.

Pineapple Pizza – I don't remember anything that could be used as a modifier for this one. The only unusual thing is that it had a beloved princess so maybe that. I would avoid this one.

Dark Souls – This was an open setup with no flips. Likely that we have a no janitor lynch. Another that I would avoid.

Heroes vs Villains – This is tricky because it had a lot of things going on. It could be the seven dragons, pokemon battles or bullshit RNG auto win but I will go with the chest mechanic. This is a really good one to use early in the game.

Conspiracy – I'm surprised this one is here. The game was only a couple of months ago and Grizzly didn't saw the design until a couple of day before the game started so it's a last minute addition. It's likely the map mechanic but the game had a secret vote so it could be that too.

McDonalds Treasure Land Adventure – No clue as it's based in a non existant game.

Bar 2: Even More Booze – No clue but as it's not Bar 1 I think it's not related to it. Wild guess: everyone is drunk during the night phase and targets randomly.

RNG Mafia - Another not based in any game but the name points to some RNG modifiers.
I feel like McDonald's was supposed to be a bit of a crazier game, but I don't know beyond that. I think some of your suggestions are probably on the money. I personally think Love Boat will get us the most info to use going forward. It'll likely lead to two flips but even that might just help us get more info in the long run. Not sure how easy it would be to choose one in advance though - too much to try and manually track.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
I think that's a good idea, instead of everyone doing their own thing when Night hits. I like what Natiko proposed, that the pair mechanic of Love Boat could give us some good info early on. That's my vote right now.

I'm leaning between Love Boat (it's a lot more risky near end game and a double lynch would give us a more info), price is right and HvV (if there are items involved we could get them early).

cabot

Oct 25, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
Talking about modifiers:

Predictions:

You won't get my vote with this content.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It's a one day ability, so it's not like they can do much damage. So I'd argue the information is more valuable if we can get that much closer to pegging someone so early into the game.

Geno

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Thessaloniki
Damn Marvel Maf wasn't this season? I must have been out for a while. Only played through HvV myself. Heard some good things about Love Boat so I'm partial to that one right now.
I was surprised Marvel Mafia isn't in this, would've been easy too, a day with ITA's. 5% for each player, Bear you know what to do for the next mafiera no need to thank me.

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
Yeah, it's typical for Day 1. However, even on Day 1, the decision to lynch is based on the conversations we've had and whatever info might have come out. So the one who'll pull the trigger won't be doing it at random, and they should have some target in mind if they aim to be elected. Or else, why were they even made the leader?

Why do we need a target before we can desire leadership? Everyone is a townie. To be the leader is to stay alive.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That's a dumb question. Not answering.

It's a hypothetical question that was accidentally born out of me hitting post too fast, but as far as content goes I'm eyeing the people who are being wishy washy in regards to the leader mechanic. Such as yourself. As town, you have little to fear on Day 1, so why fear the mechanic?

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Talking about modifiers:

Predictions:

HvV could be Bowser's big blast as well. Like, it feels like voting for this one will kill some people in some way. I haven't really played in most of these, but the idea of getting items passed out seems pretty good to me.

I did play in Conspiracy, but the only thing I can think of is the countdown that started with the map. However, neither the countdown or the map in that had any actual use in the game and was just there to throw people off.

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'll say that Flux initial reaction to the self votes was note worthy, however it quickly devolved into D1's typical back and forth that hardly ever goes somewhere.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So then, why do you want to be the leader?

I'm a walking target in any game I go into it, even when I've directly lynched scum before, I've still been held in the camp of "well, it is Sorian so we still have to worry about him" so not like it really matters to me in that regard. Beyond that, just the usual of I at least know my alignment and that's more than I can say of others. I poke at people self-voting because anyone with any sense knows that will just cause people to not vote for you which makes that gesture more odd. I expect Geno to be as dense as a rock, Natiko usually does better,

It's going to be a crapshoot like D1 almost always is though (especially with this many players). Short of hitting scum I can't imagine getting a very solid read from letting someone choose solo unless they go cavalier and refuse to lynch what a majority of people want.

Being wrong is of mild concern, that's to be expected just via odds. Being right is a good read because I can't see scums actually overriding themselves and most of all, the real read is the justification. Being able to fall on others voting is the same as putting all your accountability into an RNG vote like you are talking to Ket about.

Speculating on this feels like its going to lead to a lot of mechanics talk that just gives cover for scum. He could pull any single mechanic from each game or throw in the whole kitchen sink. At the end of the day, it's still Bear, he's going to have balanced each day so that there probably some pros for town and some pros for scum.

I look forward to seeing you playing halfway through day 2.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
It's a hypothetical question that was accidentally born out of me hitting post too fast, but as far as content goes I'm eyeing the people who are being wishy washy in regards to the leader mechanic. Such as yourself. As town, you have little to fear on Day 1, so why fear the mechanic?
I'm fine with the leader mechanic, but I do not want to partake in pitting my name in the ring to be elected. Hell, the more people who want to be elected, the noisier and messier it will get. I'll definitely be voting for the one I think should make the final decision.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I was surprised Marvel Mafia isn't in this, would've been easy too, a day with ITA's. 5% for each player, Bear you know what to do for the next mafiera no need to thank me.
Yeah the minigames in that were interesting for sure, plus the ITAs of course.

Also fyi I ain't voting for HvV because of your poor taste in music :P
Nah, but fr HvV is too high risk for me to consider going back to this early into the game. I know I only got into the winner's circle by the thread of my shirt because of those weird ass items. Those seemed to do more harm than good to town in that game if I recall correctly.

OP
OP
The Bear

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
ShadowSwordmaster has dropped out of the game

I'm looking for a replacement.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'll say that Flux initial reaction to the self votes was note worthy, however it quickly devolved into D1's typical back and forth that hardly ever goes somewhere.
Great modifier for the start of the game. Pretty interesting way of picking up the pace.

No preference for anyone, but I'll go ahead and add that we should definitely lynch someone today.

Hmm... no preference huh? Any opinions on the current posters in general then?

ShadowSwordmaster has dropped out of the game

I'm looking for a replacement.

Aww, I'm sorry to see this. Hope we get to play with you in the future, ShadowSwordmaster!!