• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
I did not highlight it the correct way. If that is the case, then feel free to kick me out.

You'll probably get a warning, but barring extreme exceptions, you can't edit a post retroactively. Someone can redact pertinent info that way. There've been a couple exceptions, but if you need to vote again, then you have to post again.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
That's what someone who doesn't want to attract attention would say.
You're kinda right... But that's specifically because of this modifier. I wouldn't trust myself with the final vote. At least not now.
Can you explain? You've piqued my interest.
I think it takes someone with a strong conviction to be elected the leader and take the final shot at who should be lynched on Day 1.5. Voting for a lynch in a group is one thing, but having the final say?

Well, as I'm typing that, I realize that makes me sound more suspicious.
Why do you think that?
'Cause I don't like them.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I did not highlight it the correct way. If that is the case, then feel free to kick me out.
No no, you always get a warning first. Wasn't trying to scare you, just giving you a heads up. Heck, sometimes even vets do it by mistake, so it's definitely understandable. Just letting you know for future reference.

If you edit so fast that the "last edited" thing doesn't come up then you win.
That loophole would be so easy to utilize in a game like this lol. I think you have a clean 5 or so minute window to edit before that actually appears under a message.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
The correct play is to vote Blarg as leader

Vote: Blargonaut
A cute idea, but seems a bit hasty until we see which Blarg we're getting.

You're new so it'll be okay. Just read the rules closely.

If you edit so fast that the "last edited" thing doesn't come up then you win.
I think mods get to see that it was edited regardless so.. RIP

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
No one's going to kick you out unless you completely ignore the rules, but we are going to say "hey, there are rules, you should make sure you are familiar so you don't get modkilled, which is bad for your team."

anyway, peace out, friends, back in a while, curious to see how how votes shake out while I'm gone. For the record, I don't see anything bad in self-voting, but I also don't think I'm gonna do it. I'm just reminded that the only person you can trust in this game is yourself.

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you vote me for leader, I'll pull a name out of a hat. It's the only way to be a strong and fair leader

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
So D1 we choose a leader? This reminds me of Quarentine. Not a good start.

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Great modifier for the start of the game. Pretty interesting way of picking up the pace.

No preference for anyone, but I'll go ahead and add that we should definitely lynch someone today.

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
I think it takes someone with a strong conviction to be elected the leader and take the final shot at who should be lynched on Day 1.5. Voting for a lynch in a group is one thing, but having the final say?.

Strong conviction on a day one vote. Naaah.

At best we can get something out of the leader's choice. While something is greater than 0, it necessarily ain't that much at all.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Btw anyone that doesn't vote HVV as the first modifier is no longer my friend.
There's something to be said for if we vote for modifiers that will be the most interesting or ones that will potentially be the most helpful. My gut reaction would be to vote for Love Boat since it might give us a lot of unique interactions to work with.

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
You're kinda right... But that's specifically because of this modifier. I wouldn't trust myself with the final vote. At least not now.

I think it takes someone with a strong conviction to be elected the leader and take the final shot at who should be lynched on Day 1.5. Voting for a lynch in a group is one thing, but having the final say?

Well, as I'm typing that, I realize that makes me sound more suspicious.

And what makes you think that you don't have that conviction?

Geno

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Thessaloniki
There's something to be said for if we vote for modifiers that will be the most interesting or ones that will potentially be the most helpful. My gut reaction would be to vote for Love Boat since it might give us a lot of unique interactions to work with.
The most interesting ones definitely.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Btw anyone that doesn't vote HVV as the first modifier is no longer my friend.

I'm not your friend then, I'm definitely voting for cthulhu. That's where Blarg and I started our mess together, it's the only way.

Conviction? No. All it does it make you a target for the rest of the game unless you kill scum. Whether that actually makes sense is a different conversation but all that really does is tell me you don't want to be in the spotlight.

That loophole would be so easy to utilize in a game like this lol. I think you have a clean 5 or so minute window to edit before that actually appears under a message.

Is it? On GAF, it was less than a minute, I never paid attention to what it was here to be honest (I've definitely stealth edited on here, sue me)

Ketkat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do you RNG all of your day one votes?

Kind of? There's definitely a lot to be gained from looking back at what's said on Day 1, but it does feel like we just kind of wing it and go for whoever when it comes to the actual votes. It would certainly save me a lot of time to use a hat!

Kyanrute

Oct 25, 2017
Tomato
rng mod best mod, all hail random.org

Serious Kyaaa thinks that while it might be da safe option to go for vanilla-ish mods (that is, those that come from more vanilla games), game-design POV says that not all modifiers are self-explanatory like that. I imagine there are some curve balls in there. Test vanilla, fear the worst.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Generally speaking whoever we do pick as leader should be someone that will lynch someone a majority of players would want to see flipped. Similar to what we have done in the past when someone claimed an override but didn't know who to use it on (can't remember what game that was).

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Kind of? There's definitely a lot to be gained from looking back at what's said on Day 1, but it does feel like we just kind of wing it and go for whoever when it comes to the actual votes. It would certainly save me a lot of time to use a hat!
Huh, not the response I was expecting from you.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Generally speaking whoever we do pick as leader should be someone that will lynch someone a majority of players would want to see flipped. Similar to what we have done in the past when someone claimed an override but didn't know who to use it on (can't remember what game that was).

There's pros and cons to both ways. Doing it like this is the most vanilla way of handling it since it gives us the same info any day 1 would. Letting them choose, even with some consul from others gives us a more direct read on one person.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Well that's... frank. So of the people who voted for themselves, anyone stand out?
Not really. But I'm definitely going to side-eye anyone who really wants to be the leader during this day phase.
Strong conviction on a day one vote. Naaah.

At best we can get something out of the leader's choice. While something is greater than 0, it necessarily ain't that much at all.
Yeah, it's typical for Day 1. However, even on Day 1, the decision to lynch is based on the conversations we've had and whatever info might have come out. So the one who'll pull the trigger won't be doing it at random, and they should have some target in mind if they aim to be elected. Or else, why were they even made the leader?
And what makes you think that you don't have that conviction?
I do, as I've shown in previous games. But when the spotlight's on you? I dunno, it's gonna be a weird ass feeling for whoever gets elected and does the final vote in the end, and it's something I never liked before.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
There's a difference in voting with flimsy reasoning and purely RNGing it though. With RNG you're essentially trying to say you hold no responsibility for who the vote lands on. Dislike.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
You wouldn't trust yourself with the final vote on day 1 in a 27 player game? What in in the world...
I wouldn't trust myself with the final vote on any Day phase. It's a lot of power and responsibility. A lot of this is because the game just started, so we're still sussing out everyone's positions and it's wishy-washy because, really, at this point it should be.

I guess I'd have no problem being elected once I have a more solid position.
Conviction? No. All it does it make you a target for the rest of the game unless you kill scum. Whether that actually makes sense is a different conversation but all that really does is tell me you don't want to be in the spotlight.
So then, why do you want to be the leader?