• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
He'll vote for whoever he can cast a hammer vote on right before EoD.

Lol

Sorian post makes sense, considering that turmoil got lynched early in the game, but I find hard to believe that the scum team could coordinate their votes to create a counter wagon if two other scummates are in danger without leaving a big trail of evidence behind.

From my perspective, malus could be a counter wagon against Faddy, but it would make more sense for scum to gang up on me, considering the malus train gained traction a bit later.

That's part of my issue. malus did gain actual vote traction later but it overtook you so easily.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Even if CeeCee is scum—and I am not convinced he's town myself—your vote is lost. I get voting for who you believe in the most despite what everyone else is going for, but your vote is lost. Surely you have an opinion regarding Faddy, Fandorin, or malus? Because unless you think all 3 of them are town or you have a null read on them, there's no reason to avoid them.
I said I will vote whoever franto is on. Currently that is faddy.
He'll vote for whoever he can cast a hammer vote on right before EoD.
Tempting...........
Being right or wrong does not equal being sincere though.
Sincere is wrong word. But would be interested in ppl who gave cc passes if cc is scum.

OP
OP
The Bear

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 3 VOTES ====
Day Start

faddy (7 votes)
fantomas - #2,985
fluxwavez - #2,996
ceecee - #3,163
blargonaut - #3,494
fran - #3,612
kyanrute - #3,629
dr. monkey - #3,633

malus (6 votes)
brazil - #3,017
natiko - #3,335
fireblend - #3,553
fandorin - #3,590
rac - #3,591
faddy - #3,638

fandorin (4 votes)
sawneeks - #2,964
thechuggernaut - #3,097
malus - #3,527
sorian - #3,546
dr. monkey - #3,560 #3,633

ceecee (1 votes)
ezekelrage - #2,961

(0 votes)
fireblend - #3,550 #3,553

ezekelrage (0 votes)
blargonaut - #3,152 #3,494

brazil (0 votes)
faddy - #3,289 #3,638
fran - #3,555 #3,612

zubz (0 votes)
blargonaut - #3,105 #3,152

pirate bae (0 votes)
dr. monkey - #3,142 #3,209

lone_prodigy (0 votes)
dr. monkey - #3,114 #3,142
dr. monkey - #3,209 #3,560

Post Counts:
fantomas: 77 fran: 68 blargonaut: 65 dr. monkey: 58 sorian: 54 brazil: 47 ezekelrage: 45 fluxwavez: 41 faddy: 38 sawneeks: 33 fandorin: 30 kyanrute: 29 natiko: 29 rac: 23 thechuggernaut: 20 malus: 16 ketkat: 14 ceecee: 14 grizzly: 12 absolutbro: 11 pirate bae: 8 fireblend: 8 lone_prodigy: 6

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Dr. Monkey how is cc town via game actions?

Only thing confirmed via game action for cc is that they had a big shot correct?

Oof, I'm more behind than I thought.

I'm frankly not worried about CeeCee today except that I would like to see CeeCee more active. How is he town via actions? He acted out of self pres, but openly. It's not a typical scum move. Was it kinda awful? Yeah, he killed my pick for king. I'd have kicked him under the table if I could. But with the limited info we have now - and ALSO knowing there was a scum backup? I don't see it as mafia. CeeCee as scum had no reason to use that shot early or try to stay alive if turmoil was going to inherit it.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
In fact, it's looking like it'll turn into Faddy vs malus and Fandorin's gonna fall by the wayside.

Hey, malus, change your vote to Faddy for your own sake. And everyone else voting on Fandorin can do so, too. We only have 3.5 hours left, anyways.

Fran

Oct 25, 2017
Pirate Bae, Ketkat, AB and LP still don't have a vote.

After everyone complaining yesterday that their vote didn't matter if someone don't vote today I will be really pissed.

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
Okay, first off asking a question to someone isn't a threat in the first place nor did I mention that as my reasoning. Are you seriously trying to act like her push on turmoil is the same as it was for Flux? "Innocuous" means it was innocent as in it seemed fine - e.g. Sawneeks question was innocent, I saw nothing wrong with it.
I'm not saying that her push on turmoil is the same as it was for Flux. I'm saying that you calling that question "innocent" is strange considering how, later, you said this:

[I'd copied and pasted huge parts of your post and Saw's here but it was a mess, so I just deleted it :P]

turmoil7 Seconding this question. You shouldn't get alignment, just PR or not PR.
Only now do we get Saw with a question that seems to be turning on Turmoil with 11 minutes left and piggybacking off of someone else's observations.
Why have you completely dismissed that previous question in your ISO if you didn't think it was "bad"? You're saying that "Only now do we get Saw with a question that seems to be turning on Turmoil", and that she's "piggybacking off of someone else's observation" - but when she did question turmoil by herself, you dismissed it as merely "innocuous". That's my hang-up, because it really makes it seem like you're trying real hard to make Saw look as bad as you possibly can.

Then came the vote, and, I've said this before, I don't think voting before turmoil had answered that question is a big deal because the question by itself could've been enough to change her mind - it was enough to change mine.

But help me figure this out, because the point you bring up about how she was possibly trying to chain-lynch Fandorin out of the turmoil flip is, in fact, interesting and something worth looking into, because I really disagree with how she thinks the link between them condemns Fando.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
I see.

Looking a the vote numbers, can we not get malus lynched today? Someone's going to screw something up again at this rate.
I also listed my thoughts on the three wagons.
Oof, I'm more behind than I thought.

I'm frankly not worried about CeeCee today except that I would like to see CeeCee more active. How is he town via actions? He acted out of self pres, but openly. It's not a typical scum move. Was it kinda awful? Yeah, he killed my pick for king. I'd have kicked him under the table if I could. But with the limited info we have now - and ALSO knowing there was a scum backup? I don't see it as mafia. CeeCee as scum had no reason to use that shot early or try to stay alive if turmoil was going to inherit it.
Self preservation would be the reason scum cc would use that shot early.

Also just because scum have a backup doesn't mean cc (or any scum )would just roll over and die.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
With contested votes, and a heated race, what is the sudden focus on Sawneeks? I would look there later but it ain't happening today. Unless Sawneeks came in carrying the head of a confirmed townie, I'm much more interested in resolving Fandorin/Faddy.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Also just because scum have a backup doesn't mean cc (or any scum )would just roll over and die.
No, they wouldn't roll over and die, but doing what CeeCee did put more focus on him than was necessary. Unless Brazil flips scum, I'm not really seeing much reason to focus there.

As for the backup, one scum is really not that important, especially if they take heat early game. Too easy for other scum to pick up cred there, especially if their power is one that can be inherited.

Either way, not today, Satan. I'm busy dying on this Faddy/Fandorin hill. You of all people should appreciate a good tunnel, loverboy.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
What is this nonsense?
My top lynch candidate is Faddy, so let's just lynch Faddy. The day's almost over, and we're not gonna get much more insight anyways. Other tha

'Cause at this rate, there's gonna be more chaos, and that could entail malus getting lynched because of some dubious train that happened late. Not into it.
Sure looks like you don't want Fandorin lynched there
Heh, don't get it twisted. It's a numbers game, and somehow malus found himself in second place. If it's between you and malus, it should be you 100%.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
With contested votes, and a heated race, what is the sudden focus on Sawneeks? I would look there later but it ain't happening today. Unless Sawneeks came in carrying the head of a confirmed townie, I'm much more interested in resolving Fandorin/Faddy.
Is this a Fando vs faddy thing? If one is scum the chances the other being scum is lowered or do you want to see both their flips?

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Oops, I left part of that incomplete as I was seeing Faddy's reply:

"Other than holdouts like CeeCee who say they'll have something to say later."

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Unless Sawneeks came in carrying the head of a confirmed townie
dZRY8pD.png

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My top lynch candidate is Faddy, so let's just lynch Faddy. The day's almost over, and we're not gonna get much more insight anyways. Other tha

'Cause at this rate, there's gonna be more chaos, and that could entail malus getting lynched because of some dubious train that happened late. Not into it.

Heh, don't get it twisted. It's a numbers game, and somehow malus found himself in second place. If it's between you and malus, it should be you 100%.

I want both of them lynched over malus by far but just telling everyone to roll over so far ahead of day end is ridiculous.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Is this a Fando vs faddy thing? If one is scum the chances the other being scum is lowered or do you want to see both their flips?
No, actually, if Faddy is scum I think there's actually an increased chance of Fandorin being scum, whereas if Fandorin is scum, I really can't tell about Faddy from that alone.

The Brazil-Fandorin interactions and Faddy-Fandorin things are all interconnected. Let me finish my catchup though.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not saying that her push on turmoil is the same as it was for Flux. I'm saying that you calling that question "innocent" is strange considering how, later, you said this:

[I'd copied and pasted huge parts of your post and Saw's here but it was a mess, so I just deleted it :P]

Why have you completely dismissed that previous question in your ISO if you didn't think it was "bad"? You're saying that "Only now do we get Saw with a question that seems to be turning on Turmoil", and that she's "piggybacking off of someone else's observation" - but when she did question turmoil by herself, you dismissed it as merely "innocuous". That's my hang-up, because it really makes it seem like you're trying real hard to make Saw look as bad as you possibly can.

Then came the vote, and, I've said this before, I don't think voting before turmoil had answered that question is a big deal because the question by itself could've been enough to change her mind - it was enough to change mine.

But help me figure this out, because the point you bring up about how she was possibly trying to chain-lynch Fandorin out of the turmoil flip is, in fact, interesting and something worth looking into, because I really disagree with how she thinks the link between them condemns Fando.
To me the difference between the two questions is the first is going to at best result in a WIFOM argument about his choice, while the other is a direct attack on a statement made by turmoil. Saw then using the second question's topic as the basis for her vote while never doubling back to the first point doesn't help matters. They just read completely different to me with the second one clearly representing a turn from what I perceive as a desire to go for Flux before that.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Options make things more interesting.

Also, to be clear, I scum read Malus like I said yesterday night. I have to piggyback off others' reads today, and I've agreed with a couple on him. Not opposed to fandorin or faddy either (I'm a bit puzzled that some would go for Brazil today tho)
Surely you don't think all three are scum. I'd love to hear more from you now that the votes are moving more.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, until we get a bunch of last minute votes that somehow turn into malus getting lynched and then we have to go another day with Faddy/Fandorin.

The by itself would be a huge set of data and would probably be some people's death sentence if malus is town and one/both of the others are scum.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
If this is just going to drag on until end of day. I am just going to claim now.

I am RetroMG, a doctor.

I saved Cabot night 1, PirateBae last night.

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
No, actually, if Faddy is scum I think there's actually an increased chance of Fandorin being scum, whereas if Fandorin is scum, I really can't tell about Faddy from that alone.

The Brazil-Fandorin interactions and Faddy-Fandorin things are all interconnected. Let me finish my catchup though.
How exactly can you connect Brazil and me with Faddy?

You didn't really comment further on this link between turmoil and me, and now you're linking me and Faddy without really addressing my explanation of the read I had on him.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If this is just going to drag on until end of day. I am just going to claim now.

I am RetroMG, a doctor.

I saved Cabot night 1, PirateBae last night.

I would have made either of the people you targeted the doctor tbh, bad bear.

Anyway, ok, why did it target cabot and why do you use the word save?

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
The by itself would be a huge set of data and would probably be some people's death sentence if malus is town and one/both of the others are scum.
We have people like rac here attempting to change their vote at the last second in the previous day phase to me instead of turmoil. Thankfully, votes were locked, but that kinda stuff could have gotten me lynched instead of turmoil if they saw there was some momentum going. And then today would have been way less clear than it has been.

So I'd kinda like to avoid last minute messes when we have a slightly clear perspective on where things should be heading.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if I actually got a save but I floated the idea to cabot on day 2 but I did mention it to cabot

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
How exactly can you connect Brazil and me with Faddy?

You didn't really comment further on this link between turmoil and me, and now you're linking me and Faddy without really addressing my explanation of the read I had on him.
Brazil hard defending you while you do not hard defend him is a connection.

Your read on Faddy I already discussed. I understand your explanation. It informs but does not change the way I read it.

But now we've got a claim on the table I guess. Faddy what do you mean you mentioned it to cabot?

Brazil

Actual Brazilian
Oct 24, 2017
São Paulo, Brazil
To me the difference between the two questions is the first is going to at best result in a WIFOM argument about his choice, while the other is a direct attack on a statement made by turmoil. Saw then using the second question's topic as the basis for her vote while never doubling back to the first point doesn't help matters. They just read completely different to me with the second one clearly representing a turn from what I perceive as a desire to go for Flux before that.
Ok. I'll think this through and look at both of you overnight, because I think there's something to be found in here.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
I would have made either of the people you targeted the doctor tbh, bad bear.

Anyway, ok, why did it target cabot and why do you use the word save?

Because I am going on the assumption that I probably did get a save just from the lack of kills.

I also said to Natiko in our boat chat that I could prove I am town. I thought he worked out where I was going when he was talking about the lack of kills in the game.

Sawneeks

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
goodness i wake up and i'm holding Fantomas' head and Faddy claims Doc.

gonna catch up what i can but i'll be busy in the next couple minutes.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
And you're saying that town has a bulletproof, a commuter, and a doctor? Not experienced enough for balance stuff, but that seems like a lot of defense.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Because I am going on the assumption that I probably did get a save just from the lack of kills.

I also said to Natiko in our boat chat that I could prove I am town. I thought he worked out where I was going when he was talking about the lack of kills in the game.

So you think you prevented kills twice in a row instead of just thinking there's only one death going out on a normal night? Also with Bae claiming roleblocked?

Fandorin

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil hard defending you while you do not hard defend him is a connection.

Your read on Faddy I already discussed. I understand your explanation. It informs but does not change the way I read it.

But now we've got a claim on the table I guess. Faddy what do you mean you mentioned it to cabot?
I'm in danger of hettinglynched and Brazil isn't. I think we both understood each other better in out boat and my read on him was actually conditioned by the fact that he wasn't defending me in any way previous to that.

Faddy

Oct 25, 2017
So you think you prevented kills twice in a row instead of just thinking there's only one death going out on a normal night? Also with Bae claiming roleblocked?

She basically claimed cop so mafia not having a strong kill I can see a world where they both roleblock and try to kill her.